IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Questions: Mike Low's Calling Card & Woman Ong Consults?

poppyburner
post Oct 11 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,552

Can someone please explain to me how the calling card system works? How can one successfully charge a call to someone else's number?:

'Her [flight attendant Sara Low's] father, Mike Low, later says he learned from FBI records that his daughter had given her childhood home phone number in Arkansas to another of the flight attendants, Amy Sweeney, for her to report the hijacking. Low speculates that the reason his daughter gave this particular number was that she had just moved home, and so, in the stress of the hijacking, her childhood phone number was the only one she could remember.' ~ [US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, 7/31/2006; New York Times, 9/4/2007]

“We had been notified by the FBI some years ago that the calls made from Flight 11 were charged to our phone calling card,” he [Mike Low] said. ~ Arkansas Online.com

Here are the call records if it helps:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13499791/T7-B13-...one-Call-Record

Plus, can anyone confirm for me who the American-accented woman flight attendant Betty Ong consults aboard Flight 11 is, who answers (at 1:37):

"I don't know, but Karen and - BOBBY got stabbed." ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/world...3MCK_video.html

Based on what I've read so far online, astonishingly, no one else seems to know nor care who she is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Oct 12 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Reading the transcripts, one cannot help but notice that they are unnatural conversations and appear to be staged.

Understanding how the cell system worked in those days, on cannot help but conclude that the calls were impossible. As I recall, there is some controversy as to whether Airfone was even operational at that time.

+Quote Post
FirstUsedBooks
post Oct 12 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #3

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,103

QUOTE (poppyburner @ Oct 11 2013, 07:19 PM) *
Plus, can anyone confirm for me who the American-accented woman flight attendant Betty Ong consults aboard Flight 11 is, who answers (at 1:37):

"I don't know, but Karen and - BOBBY got stabbed." ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/world...3MCK_video.html

Based on what I've read so far online, astonishingly, no one else seems to know nor care who she is.

Obviously someone from the flight crew. Do we know who the crew were? If so, we can narrow the identity, because it wasn't #1, #3 or #5. (I can't make out the names in the dialogue. Doesn't sound to me like either Karen or Bobby, but the names of #1 and #5 should be accessible, no?

This post has been edited by FirstUsedBooks: Oct 12 2013, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 12 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (FirstUsedBooks @ Oct 12 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Obviously someone from the flight crew. Do we know who the crew were? If so, we can narrow the identity, because it wasn't #1, #3 or #5. (I can't make out the names in the dialogue. Doesn't sound to me like either Karen or Bobby, but the names of #1 and #5 should be accessible, no?

Ok, it can't be: Karen Martin #1, Betty Ong #3, Barbara Arestegui #5 nor Jeffrey Collman #6 (unless he has a very effeminate voice).

It could be: Kathleen Nicosia #2 (aged 54, also in Coach), Dianne Snyder #4 (aged 42, Mid Galley), Sara Low #7 (aged 28; Business Class, though she'd have an Arkansas accent?), Jean Roger #8 (aged 24, First Class), Amy Sweeney #9 (aged 34, also in Coach).

Btw, the reason I'm asking, is to comprehend who we can confirm as being on board (I'm provisionally accepting that Daniel Lewin was, as his attorney claimed to have talked with him before take off, by cell phone, for quarter of an hour, until a flight attendant stopped him).

+Quote Post
Albemarle
post Oct 12 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,708

A calling card has a unique account number and a prepaid credit amount. The user can draw upon the prepaid credit to make toll calls or calls from a toll (public) phone. When the user wants to make such a call, he dials a toll free number and is asked to enter his calling card account number. The call is then connected and charges are applied by the minute against the prepaid credit.

it does not appear to me that charges were applied to the home phone number in this case. From what I read, a calling card was allegedly used to pay phone tolls. The home number was allegedly called to report the hijacking. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see anything that indicates charges were assessed against the home phone account.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 12 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 12 2013, 02:30 PM) *
Reading the transcripts, one cannot help but notice that they are unnatural conversations and appear to be staged.

Understanding how the cell system worked in those days, on cannot help but conclude that the calls were impossible. As I recall, there is some controversy as to whether Airfone was even operational at that time.

Are you referring to the "hijacked" 9/11 plane calls collectively?
My own preliminary thoughts on this subject, are that most were sound-boarded from pre-flight, hijack simulations (Low's father said that she had terrorism training with the airline), conducted in the airport customs rooms; typically extracting: 1 conversation & 1 voicemail, then transmitted - along with cloned: credit and SIM card data, through custom telephonic machinery, placed in the empty drone planes.
My current thinking on Flight 11 (I'm probably going to regret saying this later), is that around half the occupants were imposters, and that Sweeney and Ong's calls, were semi-sound-boarded.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 12 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #7

Albemarle,

Ah, so you're saying that: Sara Low's father's card was given to Amy Sweeney (presumably with the account number), his card-account was charged for the calls she made with it, AND she called the Low family home to report the hijacking?

I must have interpreted reports as implying that the latter was needed for the card's use (perhaps in stead of the account number).

Makes perfect sense. Thanks very much for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Albemarle
post Oct 12 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #8

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,708

I didn't see a clear statement by anyone that charges were incurred by the home phone, which I think would require a collect call.

I used to use prepaid calling cards regularly. But I can't remember whether I had to create a PIN or use one printed on the card. I think it was the latter, but I'm not certain.

In any case, I am not convinced that any of these alleged calls from 9/11 planes are authentic. If there were air phones available on an airliner, it's hard for me to believe that flight attendants were not provided a phone and a number that they could use to contact the airline in case of an emergency. Put another way, it's hard to believe that flight attendants would not be able to contact their airline without a calling card. Are we to believe airlines had no contingency for such a situation? Perhaps this question has been addressed somewhere at this site. I never used an air phone so I don't know if it was possible to get an operator. If so, certainly a flight attendant could relate an emergency situation to the operator and be connected to someone without a calling card account. Also, are we to believe that Amy Sweeney, a flight attendant, does not have any number committed to memory or stored on the plane that would connect her to someone working for her airline? She has to ask her fellow flight attendant for a phone number to use to report a hijacking? And her fellow flight attendant also has no number for the airline? They have to resort to a family phone at the Lowe's home? And if Amy Sweeney is going to call a home phone, why doesn't she just call someone in her family? A parent, a spouse or boyfriend, a sibling, or ?

To believe the 9/11 conspiracy theory put forth by the US govt, you have to be willing to accept a combination of "coincidences" in number and scope that is without precedent in human history. The odds of all these enabling circumstances, actions, and events occurring simultaneously are so remote that one has to conclude they occurred by design.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 13 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #9

'it's hard to believe that flight attendants would not be able to contact their airline without a calling card.'

I was thinking exactly the same thing, and this confused me further:

'As the hijacking unfolded, Ong punched the number 8 on a seatback GTE Airfone and got through to an American reservations agent [Craig Marquis]. The agent called the system operations control center in Fort Worth...' ~ http://www.boston.com/news/packages/undera...onstruction.htm

'She has to ask her fellow flight attendant for a phone number to use to report a hijacking?'

I'm not sure if that's correct (though maybe I'm speaking from ignorance). Could it not be, that Sweeney felt obliged to contact the family of the card's-lender (who was maybe a bit of a Daddy's girl), in addition to whoever she wished to call?

'And her fellow flight attendant also has no number for the airline?'

But didn't she purportedly make several calls-albeit perhaps with some difficulty, to the American Airlines office at Boston’s Logan Airport?

'Flight attendants know the reservations 800 number because they call it frequently to help passengers with reservations questions.'
~ (page 8) http://www.archives.gov/research/9-11/staff-report.pdf

'...one has to conclude they occurred by design.'

I agree. But propagating doubt isn't a very effective strategy against The Court of Public Opinion.
We need to provide an A-Z explanation for how these attacks were executed; which is something the 9/11 Truth Movement has quite pathetically failed at for the last 12 years (I only joined two months ago btw).

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 14 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Addendum:

Perhaps, Sweeney needed the card for calling a local office in the vicinity of people she knew well (Michael Woodward, friend for 10 years); whereas Ong, free-phoned the American Airlines Southeastern Reservations Office, 600 miles away in Cary, North Carolina.

Which in theory, may be quite wise. Why both contact the same office (supposedly, both woman were communicating with each other), rather than spread the word?

My theory, is that Sweeney didn't even know and wouldn't have recognized Low. Which would be a significant reason why the latter was booked for the flight and substituted by an imposter:

'She [Sweeney] gets her information about the trouble on Flight 11 from Sara Low, another of the flight attendants, who was assigned to the front of the plane and so would have witnessed the hijacking when it happened.' ~ Boston Herald, 12/15/2008; Associated Press, 3/5/2009.

I'm guessing that Low's name badge was stolen after she was murdered, and read something simply like: 'SARA', as we see from her similarly, commonly-named colleague, Jean Roger:

Maybe this also applied for Jeffrey (Jeff) & Diane.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 21 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (poppyburner @ Oct 13 2013, 12:58 AM) *
'...along with cloned: credit and SIM card data,...'

[Wish I could edit my posts]
Further to my investigations: I gather that mobile phone SIM cards, are no where near as easy to clone as (magnetic strip) credit cards. Therefore, I now deem it more likely that they were simply put into computer-connected readers or vacant handsets on the planes.

+Quote Post
roscoe
post Oct 30 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #12

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,132

If I may put in yet another inconsistency into an ocean of inconsistencies. On Wikipedia it says that an FAA memo from 2001 says that Daniel M Lewin (former Sayeret Matkal) was shot by Satam al-Suqami after he attempted to foil the hijacking. So there were gun shots on American Airlines 11.

Lewin was the inventor of the algorithms which became the basis for Akamai Technologies, which he co-founded with Professor F. Thomson Leighton in 1998.

Akamai Technologies produce the algorithms used in most internet firewalls (Zone Alarm). You're probably using one right now reading this.

"Akamai Technologies ... provides, among other services, global Internet content caching."

This post has been edited by roscoe: Oct 30 2013, 01:07 AM

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 31 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #13

'...Steve Elson, a former FAA airport-security inspector and Red Team member, doubts it was written in error.

He says the memo was generated late afternoon on Sept. 11 by the FAA Emergency Operations Center and “hand-delivered” to FAA Administrator Jane Garvey. He claims to know the author, and trusts its accuracy.

“The specificity of the wording – passenger seat numbers, who shot whom and the firing of a single bullet – makes an error unlikely,” he said in an interview with WorldNetDaily.com.
'

~ http://www.wnd.com/2002/02/12955/#L1fSEMv364E0RsXa.99

I don't believe that there were any hijackers aboard any of the planes, nor stabbings.
If this incident did occur, then I suspect that he was coaxed behind a curtain, in a prepared forward galley (making sure of no incriminating gore), then executed with a silenced pistol - back of the head.

Given the reporting, it seems they made a hash of it.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Nov 21 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #14

*Sigh* Update:

After watching the 2003 Japanese television experiment, the weakness of Popular Mechanics' Democracy Now-Loose Change and 9/11 Myths.com's debunking on this issue; I'm now sympathetic to the many, many, sceptics who have persistently pointed out, that the cell phones could not have worked at the higher altitudes alleged.

Therefore I'm now presuming that cell phone soundboarding was conducted from the ground, via the victims' stolen SIM cards.

Here's a video demonstrating the son of former Republican Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, hoax phone calling his father, using sound samples from the then Republican Governor of California: Arnold Schwarzenegger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8GbCWsQmo

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Nov 23 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #15

My apologies if this is already well known and much discussed, but I just found this peculiarity:

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/archive..._2004-01-27.htm

'NATIONAL COMMISSION ON TERRORIST ATTACKS UPON THE UNITED STATES

Public Hearing

Tuesday, January 27, 2004
MR. [THOMAS H.] KEAN: We will now hear the recordings from the two phone calls. The first phone call was placed from Betty Ong aboard the Flight 11 to Ms. Gonzalez. We'll hear the entire four and a half minutes that was recorded on that call. ...

You may hear a momentary blank on the tape. The Commission edited a very small portion in order to protect one family member from unnecessary pain....
'

I wonder whose idea that was?

I gather from several sources, that the redacted victim was the alleged least harmed (even superficially) of the two flight attendants: Barbara ("Bobbie") Jean Arestegui (#5).
Whose name the authorities are withholding here, more than two years after her well-publicized murder; yet are content to potentially upset the more seriously stabbed and similarly murdered flight attendant Karen Martin's family.
Now, it's possible that Arestegui had a more sensitive kinsman who requested the omission; but in the complete version, there's imo a sonic discontinuity exactly at the uttering of the name: "Bobbie": http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/world...3MCK_video.html @ 1:33.

Global Research's Elizabeth Woodworth pointed out ten years after the event:

'Ong asks someone returning from business class, which people have been stabbed. An unidentified background voice, sounding almost cheerful, says “I don’t know, but Karen and Bobbie got stabbed.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/9-11-what-the...ny-calls-at-all

And the New York Times (also in 2011): 'Background [Inaudible] I don’t know, but Karen and Bobby got stabbed.'

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09...tapes.html?_r=0

9/11 Commission records:

'BETTY ONG: They wanna know whose been stabbed who. Do you know?

'(UNIDENTIFIED FA): I don't know, but, Karen and Bobbie got stabbed.
' ~ http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Image:Te...ht11Calls.1.pdf

There are only 5 possible flight attendants that the mystery woman could be; who (far as I can tell) we are to rely on for our sole source of stab victim-identification.

If I'm correct, is this not a ludicrous situation?

We could be listening to an actress added in the almost two and a half year interim.

Do we know if any of the American Airlines Reservations Office staff, confirmed this version's authenticity before it publicly transpired?

This entire consultation gets no mention in the aforementioned hearing's transcript:

'BETTY ONG: I'm sitting in the back. Somebody's coming back from business. If you can hold on for one second, they're coming back.

BETTY ONG: Okay. Our number 1 got stabbed. Our purser is stabbed. Nobody knows who is stabbed who, and we can't even get up to business class right now cause nobody can breathe. Our number 1 is stabbed right now. And who else is . . .
'

This post has been edited by poppyburner: Nov 23 2013, 01:34 AM

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Nov 23 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #16

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Interesting stuff Poppy.

The Commission was notorious for not examining relevant facts. They heard Rodriguez' testimony, but made no reference of it in the final report.

The powers-that-be even remove information from the internet. There used to be news video from helicopters overhead trying to find a crashed airliner, which nobody at all could find. I remember seeing one of them on the day it happened, and then later you could see several such on the internet. They were there for a few years, but then eliminated from the public view. It's brainwashing at its most fundamental level--creating the individuals perceptions by controlling what he can see.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Nov 24 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #17

Amazed!,
By: eliminated from the public view; do you mean that they were all withdrawn from the official sites that they were uploaded to, or that the authorities consciously suppressed such footage (online and perhaps otherwise) wherever they/their agents found it?

This post has been edited by poppyburner: Nov 24 2013, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 02:38 PM