IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question About Aa Livery

justaskin
post Aug 29 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 6,979

Before the scheme that is in use now (and was in use on 9/11/01) the livery was essentially identical except that the
areas which are now bare metal were painted a powder/sky blue color. I absolutely, positively remember this. I don't recall
when the change to bare metal was made, but it can't be much later than the early 80s (and almost certainly well before the 757
entered service). I vaguely remember reading an article about it at the time (probably in the WSJ) and more clearly remember
thinking it was a big improvement (I always thought that the blue background scheme was rather frumpy looking).

Anyway, my question is: Does anybody on this forum have any first-hand information about this, or any photos of the previous
(blue painted instead of bare metal) livery? Because I have spent many hours searching the internet for it (photos, or even just
when the change was made), and have found NOTHING. I mean zero, zip, nada, zilch, down the memory hole for real.

Thanks in advance, and also thanks to the folks in P4T for all your good work - I've learned a lot from it. thumbsup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 29 2012, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi justaskin....

Welcome to the forum...

You probably won't find many American Airlines historians here with regard to livery.....

Your questions are better suited for plane-spotters, not pilots.

With that said, have you checked airliners.net?

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Aug 29 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #3

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,712

QUOTE (justaskin @ Aug 29 2012, 12:54 AM) *
Before the scheme that is in use now (and was in use on 9/11/01) the livery was essentially identical except that the
areas which are now bare metal were painted a powder/sky blue color. I absolutely, positively remember this.

<snips>

Anyway, my question is: Does anybody on this forum have any first-hand information about this, or any photos of the previous
(blue painted instead of bare metal) livery? Because I have spent many hours searching the internet for it (photos, or even just
when the change was made), and have found NOTHING. I mean zero, zip, nada, zilch, down the memory hole for real.

Thanks in advance, and also thanks to the folks in P4T for all your good work - I've learned a lot from it. thumbsup.gif

You might want to try searches using internet archivers like "thewaybackmachine.com" and such.
There are quite a few of them, so it might prove fruitful if there ever were pages that have been removed.

Hope this is of some help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 09:34 AM