IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sibel

albertchampion
post Nov 29 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 710

sibel edmonds remains an enigma.

apparently, she has decided to maintain her silence until the u.s. intell services allow her to be aired on national television.

well, i care to assert, sibel is never going to be given that "air".

but, i had arranged for sibel to get some "air". maria gillardin of tucradio.org[broadcast on pacifica] has been willing to give sibel "air".

but sibel doesn't respond to maria's emails or phone calls. neither does she respond to mine.

hmmmmmm.

some honcho on this site responded to a previous post of mine on this subject by saying that maria gillardiin was irrelevant, therefore sibel edmonds was correct to ignore that access to "air".

this is where it gets strange. sibel will tell her story, she says, but only if she is allowed to tell it on abc, cbs, nbc, and all their subaltern "air"[cnbc, msnbc, faux, cnn, et alia].

but these venues will never be giving sibel "air".

odd isn't it? sibel cannot get "air" and tell her story when she selects only those broadcast entities that will never give her "air".

but, for an entity that will give her "air", apparently sibel will not entertain that access to "air". sibel would rather be silenced than use that "air".

you must ask this question: does sibel really have any legitimate story to tell? isn't she just a fraud?

why do i put it to you that way? because maria gillardin and tucradio.org is not bogus bit of "air". many have been honored to gain maria's "air". off the top, i can think of the cream of the anti-fascists - norman finkelstein, ilan pappe, ward churchill, harold pinter, robert fisk, ken deffeyes, michael parenti, alex carey. to name but a few.

one of the most interesting reports that maria "aired" was the story of how the sheriff of gretna parish prevented by blockading, by gunfire, the escape of katrina victims across the crescent connection bridge. a resurrection of bull connor. it was tantamount to the gretna police force imposing death on all those nola citizens in the superdome gulag.

a story virtually unreported elsewhere.

but someones on this board want to say that maria gillardin's site is an irrelevant bit of "air".

well, tune in. take a listen. find lorrie beth slonky's and larry bradshaw's story of their attempt to cross over the river to gretna.

the story that gained "air" nowhere else. but it was a true story. as the unreported grand jury proceedings reveal.

if sibel edmonds refuses to use any outlet for her story, then i think you have to conclude that sibel is a fraud..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Nov 29 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Polymeta.com search Sibel Edmonds bradblog

Group: Library team
Member No.: 77

And again, "some honcho" responds. How does Maria stack up against 60 Minutes, Vanity Fair, Democracy Now, Antiwar radio, Village Voice, Al Franken and all the other media coverage which Sibel has already had. Will Maria be the one to push Sibel's name over the top into mainstream consciousness when the Monterey Herald won't even mention her name in an article about whistleblowers which links to the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition organization which she founded? Hmmm. I doubt it.

You can call her a fraud. I can just as easily call you just some random dude posting in a forum. Opinions are like @ssholes.

Do you think the other National Security whistleblowers are also frauds? Or just sheep for following someone you consider a fraud?

This post has been edited by waterdancer: Nov 29 2007, 11:37 PM

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Nov 29 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 331

Isn't she basically a naturalized citizen? From somewhere in the middle east? Point is she has different cultural values? Who knows?

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Nov 30 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (amazed! @ Nov 30 2007, 03:51 AM)
Isn't she basically a naturalized citizen?

Yes, she born in Iran in 1970, her family fled to Turkey in 1981. She came to the US as a student in 1988 and became an American citizen in 1996.

Her date of birth is considered to be classified information, according to the DoJ.
Congress don't really have a good sense of what they are allowed to talk about with reference to Sibel Edmonds. Information about her which was and had been in the public domain for years was retroactively classified in 2004. What languages she speaks (Turkish, Persian, Azeri) is considered classified information. Where she worked, where she went to school, what her degrees are in, (She earned her masters degree in public policy and international commerce from George Mason University, and her bachelors in criminal justice and psychology from George Washington University) etc. - all classified information.

But the F.B.I. now maintains that some of the information discussed was so potentially damaging if released publicly that it is now considered classified, according to a memorandum distributed last week within the Senate Judiciary Committee. The material could also play a part in pending lawsuits, including Ms. Edmonds's wrongful termination suit and a lawsuit brought by hundreds of families of Sept. 11 victims who have sought to take testimony from her.

''Any staffer who attended those briefings, or who learns about those briefings, should be aware that the F.B.I. now considers the information classified and should therefore avoid further dissemination,'' the Judiciary Committee memorandum said.

An F.B.I. official who spoke on condition of anonymity said the decision to classify the material was made by the Justice Department, which oversees the bureau. The Justice Department declined to comment on Wednesday.

The F.B.I. told Congressional officials that it was classifying topics including what languages Ms. Edmonds translated, what types of cases she handled, and what employees she worked with, officials said. Even routine and widely disseminated information -- like where she worked -- is now classified.

Ms. Edmonds, who is Turkish-American, began working for the F.B.I. shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks as a translator in the F.B.I.'s Washington field office with top-secret security clearance, but she was let go in the spring of 2002. She first gained wide public attention in October of that year when she appeared on ''60 Minutes'' on CBS and charged that the F.B.I.'s translation services were plagued by incompetence and a lack of urgency and that the bureau had ignored her concerns. The Justice Department's inspector general is investigating her claims.
http://www.pogo.org/p/government/ga-040601-classified.html#

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Nov 30 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #5

If she has a pending wrongful termination suit, that might easily explain her behavior in this matter.

I hope her story will eventually be told.

+Quote Post
LizzyTish
post Nov 30 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 215

I just hope she's wearing a flak jacket where ever she goes.

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Dec 1 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (amazed! @ Nov 30 2007, 02:27 PM)
If she has a pending wrongful termination suit, that might easily explain her behavior in this matter.

I hope her story will eventually be told.

Nope. She's gone all the way to the Supreme Court (and gotten a $285,000 lawyer's bill) only to have them refuse to hear her case. And she couldn't be in the courtroom when arguments were presented as to why her case shouldn't be heard...

+Quote Post
Tamborine man
post Dec 3 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #8

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 1,315

I hope that one day Albertchampion (what a name!) will be
able to put himself in this lady's shoes.

I don't think that this is a realistic hope though, but what the
heck, I don't see anything wrong with living with hopes,
whether they in short terms be achievable or not!

Cheers

This post has been edited by Tamborine man: Dec 3 2007, 09:29 AM

+Quote Post
p.w.rapp
post Nov 25 2018, 03:34 AM
Post #9

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 110

Just saving this link -

Sibel Edmonds interviewed by the Baltimore Chronicle.
Sums it up very well.

https://www.wanttoknow.info/911whistlebloweredmonds

EDITOR'S NOTE: Jim Hogue provided the following conclusion to this interview: "The facts reported by Sibel Edmonds and Behrooz Sarshar are incontrovertible. Result: Silence. And you must agree to be a part of this silence.The gag order permeates the White House, the Senate Judiciary Committee, all levels of the FBI, the CIA, the 9/11 Commission, the NSC, the Pentagon, the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, and the mass media. The media and the White House will next assassinate Miss Edmond's character, as they have done to others who haven't rolled over and played dead. Never in the course of human events has so great a story been covered up by so many on the orders of so few.

The likes of Seymour Hersh, Bob Woodard and Judith Miller should put their tails between their legs and slink away, while the obscure academic, Dr. David Ray Griffin, citizen Eric Hufschmid, author Gore Vidal, independent journalists Michael Ruppert and Christopher Bollyn, and the 9/11 families are recognized among those who kept open the window to Democracy.

Miss Edmonds has challenged us to do our jobs as citizens. It isn't often that a phone call could change the course of history. Now is such a time."

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Nov 27 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (p.w.rapp @ Nov 25 2018, 03:34 AM) *
Just saving this link -

Sibel Edmonds interviewed by the Baltimore Chronicle.
Sums it up very well.

https://www.wanttoknow.info/911whistlebloweredmonds

EDITOR'S NOTE: Jim Hogue provided the following conclusion to this interview: "The facts reported by Sibel Edmonds and Behrooz Sarshar are incontrovertible. Result: Silence. And you must agree to be a part of this silence.The gag order permeates the White House, the Senate Judiciary Committee, all levels of the FBI, the CIA, the 9/11 Commission, the NSC, the Pentagon, the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, and the mass media. The media and the White House will next assassinate Miss Edmond's character, as they have done to others who haven't rolled over and played dead. Never in the course of human events has so great a story been covered up by so many on the orders of so few.

The likes of Seymour Hersh, Bob Woodard and Judith Miller should put their tails between their legs and slink away, while the obscure academic, Dr. David Ray Griffin, citizen Eric Hufschmid, author Gore Vidal, independent journalists Michael Ruppert and Christopher Bollyn, and the 9/11 families are recognized among those who kept open the window to Democracy.

Miss Edmonds has challenged us to do our jobs as citizens. It isn't often that a phone call could change the course of history. Now is such a time."

Thanks for putting this up PW, but I can't find a date and I wonder how recent this is. Reading it suggests it is years old. I read her book Classified Woman, and she is great.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 07:39 AM