IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Explosions Sounds?

subedei
post Oct 14 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,820

We all know of the many eyewitness close to the building hearing explosions,
Why cant we hear the explosions on the videos of the collapse,
and also how far away could people hear the explosion from ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunk
post Oct 15 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

I'm guessing, but most cameras are equipped with condenser microphones
which tend pick up quiet sounds better than louder sounds.
And the sharp sound of an explosion would be echoed and blurred
by adjacent buildings and distance.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Oct 15 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

"Though video clips of the collapses can be found all over the internet and on video releases, most people will not really hear evidence of explosions on the available footage. What most people would describe hearing from the available media is the "roar" of the buildings coming down. The main reason for this is probably because there is not much actual audio content available of the events. Most angles of the collapse are presented without any sound other than that of news anchors, reporters, interviewees, narrators, etc. speaking over-top. It is the preferred style of news-media to constantly have human voices "giving shape" to history as it unfolds. Creating meaning rather than reporting facts.

Some examples of video footage which includes audio can be found and this audio does include evidence of explosions, though it is not generally obvious for a number of reasons. Sounds of intense volume recorded at close distances will tend to overload and be distorted by the time they make it onto tape. If a very loud sound such as an explosion overloads the camera's sound circuitry and is followed very quickly by subsequent loud sounds, the individual sounds will be more difficult to identify because the shape of each sound, the attack and decay, will be masked as the audio circuits are completely saturated with signal. Results will vary depending on camera type, microphone type, specific settings, and proximity to the event. Some angles of the collapses are cut very short so they start playing only after the initiation of collapse sounds, perhaps because some videographers did not capture the first moments on tape or as a result of the news tending to only focus on the "juicy" bits in their presentations. Another problem with internet videos is that when there is sound, it is usually missing a lot of information and/or is distorted from various forms of data compression and/or sloppy transfers. Another problem with internet video in terms of close scrutiny can be audio which is encoded or played back slightly out of synch with the picture."

http://www.mediumrecords.com/wtc/audio01.html
----------------------
A: Hoboken, New Jersey, ~3.5 Km away

"With an approximate distance of 3.5 Km [footnote: map], it is the lowest frequencies which would tend to show evidence of explosions. An important aspect to this footage is the relatively quiet and unobstructed space between the towers and the camera. Furthermore, blast sounds which travel over water tend to be much less attenuated than those which travel over the ground [footnote]. The explosions are very audible though headphones or a decent full-range speaker system are needed to hear them. "

http://www.mediumrecords.com/wtc/audio02.html
-----------------------
Video Evidence of Explosives Inside the WTC

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=88...&q=Mezibesh

"In the Naudet Video entitled, "9/11", loud bangs that resemble explosions can clearly be heared in the video. This video is a compilation of those clips. Please view the video and offer comment here... http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...forum=125"
------------------------
I'd advise backing these up, as I have already done.

+Quote Post
SwingDangler
post Oct 15 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 711

QUOTE (subedei @ Oct 13 2008, 02:36 AM) *
We all know of the many eyewitness close to the building hearing explosions,
Why cant we hear the explosions on the videos of the collapse,
and also how far away could people hear the explosion from ?

I would also encourage you to view some of the videos at the 911truth Video Resource Center at
http://911truth.ning.com/video

Enjoy your stay and sign up to be a member to contribute to the research! welcome.gif

+Quote Post
tnemelckram
post Oct 15 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Group: Contributor
Member No.: 2,690

D Mole and Swing -

Thanks for the links above. They provided some new information that I had never seen before.

I thought this one about the early FBI truck bomb in basement theory on 911 was interesting:

http://911truth.ning.com/video/video/show?...%3AVideo%3A4424

Reason for edit: d Embedded Link

+Quote Post
subedei
post Oct 15 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #6

great many thanks this is what i expected to be, It will arm me in my ongoing battle with the govt loyalist site skeptics smile.gif
Were the explosions heard all around new york ?,what were peoples reactions to that ,or did they assume it was pancaking floors?

+Quote Post
SwingDangler
post Oct 16 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #7

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 711

QUOTE (subedei @ Oct 13 2008, 09:41 PM) *
great many thanks this is what i expected to be, It will arm me in my ongoing battle with the govt loyalist site skeptics smile.gif
Were the explosions heard all around new york ?,what were peoples reactions to that ,or did they assume it was pancaking floors?

If you comb through some more of those videos, you will find that even the mainstream media were reporting massive explosions before the towers collapsed.

I think you saw on one video that the FBI thought a truck bomb was in the basement and other media reports suggest that local authorities as well as the FBI believed that scenario. That report from USA Today news was also confirmed by NBC reporters in another video.

On CNN for example in that clip, the reporter essentially states that explosions from devices in the basement of the building triggered the collapse. Sometimes in the early part of an event such as this, the truth slips out before the filtering machine of disinformation, propaganda, and the cover story takes place.

They were heard in the general vicinity of the complex, especially 3 huge explosions before the SouthTower collapsed. So these huge explosions were taking place before the collapse even began which negates the pancaking floor excuse. This is what led to some reporters suggesting it was these explosions that triggered the collapse and was the final straw so to speak.

Why can't we hear the explosions on the video? This is a great question, unless you consider where the local news reports were placing the location of the explosions: deep into the basement/sub-level area of the tower's complex. 6 stories below ground may muffle the signature of an explosive device as maybe the case. Edited video be it for nefarious or harmless purposes may have removed the actual sound of explosions as well.

Good luck at the govt loyalist site. I got so tired of debunking the junk those guys spews and proving them wrong over and over again. Don't waste too much time there, it just isn't worth it. cleanup.gif

+Quote Post
subedei
post Oct 16 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #8

do did people around new york all hear the explosions how far away could you hear them?

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Oct 19 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #9

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 3,264

QUOTE (dMole @ Oct 15 2008, 04:20 AM) *
-----------------------
Video Evidence of Explosives Inside the WTC

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=88...&q=Mezibesh
------------------------

I have watched this and i have to say I'm a little bit skeptical on some of the sounds. At the very end of the last "Explosion" sound...you can see on your left hand side...if you look quickly..there was falling debris. I'm not saying that not all of the sounds being heard were not explosions, but i do think there's a possibility that some could have been debris/jumpers falling as well.

+Quote Post
lunk
post Oct 20 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

QUOTE (Leslie Landry @ Oct 19 2008, 06:25 PM) *
I have watched this and i have to say I'm a little bit skeptical on some of the sounds. At the very end of the last "Explosion" sound...you can see on your left hand side...if you look quickly..there was falling debris. I'm not saying that not all of the sounds being heard were not explosions, but i do think there's a possibility that some could have been debris/jumpers falling as well.

Listen to this, there are a number of low rumbles before the South tower collapse:

http://www.mediumrecords.com/wtc/southtower.hoboken01.aif

If you can watch it through a graphic equalizer thingy you can clearly see enormous explosions taking place in the base frequencies. There is also a noticeable delay between the time that the girl on the rooftop sees the collapse, and the sound of it, in the recording.

+Quote Post
subedei
post Nov 2 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #11

Saw this video im not sure how this guy enhaced
the audio any idea.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTRMWSQA3o

Reason for edit: Embedded video

+Quote Post
dMz
post Nov 2 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (subedei @ Oct 16 2008, 05:04 PM) *
do did people around new york all hear the explosions how far away could you hear them?

From my post #3 above, and several weeks ago:

"A: Hoboken, New Jersey, ~3.5 Km away"- Rick Siegel has done a bunch of somewhat controversial work on this very "audio" subject IIRC.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Nov 2 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (subedei @ Nov 1 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Saw this video im not sure how this guy enhaced
the audio any idea.?

I thought I even heard a Kalashnikov report (a rather distinctive sound) spliced in there as an "explosion"- doctored audio stream IMHO. The "editor" might have used something like this:

Vegas Pro 8
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro

Here's a bit on why one should never trust video evidence completely (and I covered the microphone technical issues above too):
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=15417

+Quote Post
subedei
post Nov 2 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #14

so these sounds are not authentic?

+Quote Post
dMz
post Nov 2 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (subedei @ Nov 2 2008, 12:02 AM) *
so these sounds are not authentic?

Well that gets into semantical territory about what "authentic" and "is" are- and I'll leave that for a Clinton or for my attorney. wink.gif IMO the sounds in the Naudet video(s) that I linked above (around post #3) and were clearly filmed while WTC2 was still standing are not consistent with the "soundtrack" spliced over this more recent [subedei's] video:

"More recent," from post #11 [NOT Naudet footage]

Do I really need to re-emphasize the credibility "weight" that I assign to most internet video yet again? Several of the firefighter testimonies are fairly compelling, since they were in Manhattan on that fateful day, especially when coupled with the "suppression" attempts of said testimony.

+Quote Post
subedei
post Nov 2 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #16

is there any way of filtering the audio,like this guy claims to have done to get louder sounds to be more prevelent than people speaking into microphones.

+Quote Post
subedei
post Nov 3 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #17

also this is the originol film of southtower trinity how has your one been altered to hear bombs

+Quote Post
dMz
post Nov 3 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (subedei @ Nov 2 2008, 02:11 PM) *
is there any way of filtering the audio,like this guy claims to have done to get louder sounds to be more prevelent than people speaking into microphones.

The process is called audio normalization, and I would have expected this "guy" who analyzes and processes/produces audio and video to know that term- it's a function built in several of my audio software programs, going back to the 1990s IIRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_normalization

The problem with adding amplitude/"energy"/data to an audio signal is frankly that you are adding data to the signal (modifying it from original). The Wiki thinks otherwise, but Wiki users beware.

Also, I haven't produced any internet videos, so I'm not sure which "my one" you mean. You could try to contact the Naudet brothers or check with the author of the pages that I linked. Those NYPD firemen in the Naudet video certainly appeared to be reacting to something explosion-like multiple times, something very like HE blast damaged the lobbies, and the Jim Gartenberg interview thread already in this forum supports "the core blown out."

WTC1 Victim, Jim Gartenberg, "Core blown out"- calls ABC7 from floor 86 before Collapse
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=14700

The late Barry Jennings also described explosions in WTC7.

Eye Witness: Death Bodies And Explosions In Wtc-7 Before 9:58
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=13630
Reason for edit: Added links, embedded video(s) throughout thread

+Quote Post
SPreston
post Nov 3 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #19

Patriotic American

Group: Respected Member
From: Where I am standing on the RUINS of the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY
Member No.: 1,045

At 9 seconds, a huge explosion heard from across the river, another at 13 seconds, and at 19 seconds, and more during the collapse. The antenna starts to drop at 16 seconds as the core structure is shattered.

+Quote Post
subedei
post Nov 4 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #20

Dude im not a debunker or anything smile.gif , im interested in how they managed to blow up the towers with reduced sound, thermite jets can break apart concrete and just about anything so its one theory .
But then you have the Eyewitness reports of explosions, and why they couldnt be heard on video except for a few videos pre collapse
and the hoboken vid

im also interested in how new yorkers would react to hearing explosions across the city was their instinct bombs or pankaking floors

This post has been edited by subedei: Nov 4 2008, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 02:55 AM