IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Problematic Account Of Mitch Mitchell, Bizarre flight path.

Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 18 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #1

Citizen Investigator

Group: Contributor
Member No.: 10

CBS News Military Consultant Col. Mitch Mitchell

This morning on my way to work, I dropped off my wife at Reagan National Airport so she could catch the 9:30 a.m. flight to New York.

Forty minutes, two terrorist attacks, and three frantic phone calls later, I picked her up at Reagan and was driving her to our home.

As we were headed south on Route 395, we came even with the Pentagon on our right side. At that precise moment, we saw an American Airlines passenger jet, with landing gear up, moving at a very high rate of speed toward us.

It moved from our left front to our right rear, crossing the highway 100 feet in front of us, no higher than 20 feet off the ground.

I shouted that it was going to hit the Pentagon, and two seconds later, it did. We felt the intense heat of the fireball and felt the car shudder as we heard the thud of the impact.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/12/...ain310973.shtml

...the day my wife and I watched the final seven seconds of American Airlines Flight 77. The planeís wing passed directly in front of us, twenty feet above our car. We looked in the windows but saw no faces looking back. Two seconds later, we felt the searing heat from the explosionís fireball as Flight 77 smashed into the Pentagon.

[...]

There are many triggers beyond those involving airplanes and passengers that make me think about the disasters of 9/11. Since I live and work in the Washington area, every day I see the Pentagon and the exact place on the highway where we first noticed Flight 77 bearing down on us. The memories rush back and are not easily dismissed. Several days ago, a colleague showed me a video spoof involving an American Airlines passenger plane landing on an interstate highway and using a car for its nose landing gear. It was supposed to be very funny, but it wasnít for me. All I felt was the same gripping tension and fear I felt on 9/11 when I saw the plane coming directly toward our car.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/09/05/...ain520861.shtml

Anyone have any idea how this account makes sense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snowygrouch
post Feb 18 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11

"on 395" and "100 feet" are pretty vague when judged from a moving car. Also "on 395" doesnt really tell you very much about WHERE on 395 either.

If you move him a bit further left up 395 and move the path 100 feet out the account pretty much co-incides with what we would expect.

Just a thought?

+Quote Post
THE_DECIDER
post Feb 18 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 3

no mention of the retracting wings that folded in and followed the plan into the hole?....wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 18 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Citizen Investigator

QUOTE (Snowygrouch @ Feb 18 2007, 12:13 PM)
"on 395" and "100 feet" are pretty vague when judged from a moving car. Also "on 395" doesnt really tell you very much about WHERE on 395 either.

If you move him a bit further left up 395 and move the path 100 feet out the account pretty much co-incides with what we would expect.

Just a thought?

No, he said they pulled up next to the Pentagon, "even with the Pentagon to our right".

Pretty specific to me.

Use google earth and see how far 100 ft in front them that is.

AND, he has the plane coming straight to them on 395.

His account makes no sense.

How does it...

"move from our left front to our right rear",

"crossing the highway 100 feet in front of us",

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 19 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #5

Citizen Investigator

Can anyone else comment?

+Quote Post
UnderTow
post Feb 19 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 19

Sounds like the Pentagon would have been to his right to 'right rear'.
So he would've been facing West, SW, or South. and definately on Southbound 395 I believe.

His 'dot' should be somewhere between where you have it, up to underneath the word 'back' in your picture.

+Quote Post
UnderTow
post Feb 19 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 19

I watched the final seven seconds of American Airlines Flight 77. The planeís wing passed directly in front of us, twenty feet above our car. We looked in the windows but saw no faces looking back. Two seconds later, we felt the searing heat from the explosionís fireball as Flight 77 smashed into the Pentagon.

I shouted that it was going to hit the Pentagon, and two seconds later, it did.

7 Seconds. (?)
"We looked in the windows" (sensationalism)
"I shouted [It's going to hit the Pentagon]"
2 Seconds. (?)
"searing heat" (sensationalism)

Nice story.

+Quote Post
painter
post Feb 19 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #8

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Member No.: 16

It might help us if you'd indicate on the google image 1) the light-pole flight path and 2) the FDR flight path.

From what I can see, the FDR flight path would not fit their story at all.

However, the light-pole flight path would 'almost' fit their story -- especially if they were positioned more to the left than you have indicated.

Since we do not believe the light-pole flight path is the actual flight path, this would indicate that the story is meant to corroborate the official account, even if it fails to do so (as so many of the 'official accounts' do) when scrutinized closely.

Clearly any comment of looking in windows and all that is nothing but local color meant to leave the reader with the impression of close observation when, in fact, it is most likely utter bullshit.

+Quote Post
biggahthebettah
post Feb 19 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #9

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 412

QUOTE (Merc @ Feb 18 2007, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Snowygrouch @ Feb 18 2007, 12:13 PM)

Just a thought?

No, he said they pulled up next to the Pentagon, "even with the Pentagon to our right".

Pretty specific to me.

Use google earth and see how far 100 ft in front them that is.

AND, he has the plane coming straight to them on 395.

His account makes no sense.

How does it...

How does it...

Maybe the plane was on a diagonal path, with the diagonal path intersecting the highway 100 feet in front of them? His account sounds phony to me anyway..."we looked in the windows"? mmmhmm.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Feb 19 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #10

Ragin Cajun

Member No.: 5

His story makes no sense at all. He's either an extremely bad judge of distance and speed, or he made the story up to fit with some version (the one in his head) of the official story. And as Under Tow has pointed out, he sensationilzed parts of it. He's a freakin' reporter for chrissakes. They're good at putting some sizzle in the story.

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 19 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Citizen Investigator

Thanks guys.

Here you go Painter

This post has been edited by Merc: Feb 19 2007, 03:57 PM

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 19 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #12

Citizen Investigator

So now we have a CBS military correspondent who happens to be a Colonel going southbound on 395.

Right across from Gary Bauer (PNAC), Mike Gerson (George Bush's Speech Writer), and Alfred Regnery (right wing publisher of Ann Coulter and BARBARA OLSEN) all who are going NORTHBOUND on 395 right just as the plane passes behind them.

What a coinkidink.

+Quote Post
painter
post Feb 19 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #13

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (Merc @ Feb 19 2007, 12:01 PM)
So now we have a CBS military correspondent who happens to be a Colonel going southbound on 395.

Right across from Gary Bauer (PNAC), Mike Gerson (George Bush's Speech Writer), and Alfred Regnery (right wing publisher of Ann Coulter and BARBARA OLSEN) all who are going NORTHBOUND on 395 right just as the plane passes behind them.

What a coinkidink.

Indeed, if ONLY we could get them under oath in a court of law or in a Congressional hearing.

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Feb 20 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #14

Citizen Investigator

Either way he is not telling the truth.

That blue line was where the plane went.

This post has been edited by Merc: Mar 4 2007, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post
HaylonH
post Feb 20 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #15

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 599

I guess there's always the chance that he could be one of those people that have ABSOLUTELY NO sense of distance or direction. It is plausable, I've ran into a number of people like that.

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Mar 3 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #16

Citizen Investigator

RATHER: Let's check in with retired US Army Colonel Mitch Mitchell, our old friend from the Persian Gulf War who was near the Pentagon when the plane went down yesterday. Colonel, always good to see you. What was it like?

Colonel MITCH MITCHELL (Retired, US Army): Nice to see you, Dan. It was a tragic event, Dan. We saw the last seven seconds of Flight 77. We were driving south on Route 395, which butts up against the Pentagon. We were exactly adjacent to the Pentagon, when I looked out in front of me and saw the American Airlines plane coming right across the--the highway directly in front of us, at a distance of about 100 feet and an altitude of no higher than 20 feet. We thought it was going to hit us. All I had time to say was 'It's going to hit the Pentagon.' We turned and looked and watched it slam into the building. It was a terrible thing to see, Dan. I wish I'd never seen it.

http://emperor.vwh.net/9-11backups/cbs12th.htm

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Mar 3 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

Merc, have you seen this article?
http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr68e.html

"CBS News war spinner military consultant" Col. Mitch Mitchell is metioned about half way down. The whole article is about the Pentagon crash witnesses.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 06:09 AM