IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Qur`anic Recitations, For those of you who haven't heard...

Sinewy
post Mar 1 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 106

This is something different.

Most of the people on this forum have little exposure to Qur`anic recitations. Some may have been exposed to the the call of prayer, Adhan, from a Mu`adhan (one who recites the call to prayer) in the tops of the minarets. This "call to prayer" is independent of the Qur`an, as it is not extracted from the Qur`an at all.

For those who haven't heard recitations of the Qur`an, this guy, Qari (`Arabic for one who recites the Qur`an) `Abdul Basit `Abdul Samad, was a world renowned recitor during his era. This recitation is supplemented with English translations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylMjH7Sx4kQ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Oct 9 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 551

I completely forgot about this- since I finally can get sound again, I took the opportunity to listen (and read) this time.
Quite beautiful (not to mention skilful) !
There is a lot to be said for attributing the various good things in this world to something else but ourselves. A bit of humility can go a long way...
Rationality is an essential neccessity in a world which becomes mad which irrationality- as long as it's the right kind of rationality.
We in the Western world have prided ourselves in living in a "rational world"- but that rationality comes without any humility on occasion. There is a price to be paid for that...

Thanks for posting this, Sinewy.
I'd never make a good muslim (I'd be breaking the rules as soon as I learned them), but it's still something I'll come back to from time to time.

Peace be with you.

+Quote Post
silkworm
post Jul 3 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #3

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,455

Devilsadvocate: Pretty honest and reasonable reply, thanks for not disrespecting the religions of Islam, thanks very much

+Quote Post
painter
post Jul 3 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #4

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (silkworm @ Jul 3 2009, 06:26 AM) *
Devilsadvocate: Pretty honest and reasonable reply, thanks for not disrespecting the religions of Islam, thanks very much

Welcome to the forum, silkworm.

Religion is a complex and usually very personal matter. I seldom venture into the Religion forum. I try to respect all people and that includes respecting their religions (if any) but it isn't always easy.

What I have a difficult time with are more absolutist (and often "fundamentalist") ideologies that divide the world up into "our team" (which is always "right") and "everyone else" (who are, by not being on "our team," by definition, always "wrong").

I grew up in a "fundamentalist Christian" environment but rejected it long ago. To a limited extent, I've looked into all the great religious traditions. Strangely (perhaps) I find myself most drawn to Hinduism (specifically the non-dualism of Śaivism) and Buddhism. Still, I'm very aware that I'm a Westerner and can not understand these teachings, symbols and traditions the way someone born in the East might. As a result I've had to find my own path toward some connection with the Sacred. The Sufi's say, "God is closer to you than your jugular vein," and my own experience has shown me this is true -- however much I do not live in the state that really knows this Truth most of the time. For me it is a search, an awareness, an opening through which something unexpected may appear, that must be renewed over and over and over again.

+Quote Post
silkworm
post Jul 4 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #5

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,455

Painter, thanks and its great that you quoted Sufis, in my opinion its not the religions but the Interpretations most of the time by low-lifes cause mayhem.

Religions act like a kinda "safety valve" just like the traffic laws we observe - However, I respect your thoughts and yes, I feel good in this forum very knowledgable forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 02:56 PM