IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ron Paul on Why He's Still in the Running:, "I Feel Badly About Just Quitting"

LizzyTish
post Mar 21 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 215

‘I Feel Badly About Just Quitting’ - Ron Paul on why he's still running for president.

By Sarah Elkins | Newsweek Web Exclusive
Mar 20, 2008 | Updated: 10:00 a.m. ET

John McCain may have clinched the Republican nomination on March 4, but for Ron Paul and his 800,000-strong army of supporters, the GOP primary isn't over ... at least not yet. Seventeen days and two primaries later, the Texas congressman is vowing to continue his campaign. In fact, he tells NEWSWEEK that his candidacy is "indefinite" and says that--unless the Arizona senator drastically alters his campaign platform--McCain can forget about a Ron Paul endorsement.

Paul, with a mere 14 (or 42, depending on who's counting) delegates in his column, cannot possibly overtake McCain for the nomination; the GOP front runner has well over the 1,191 delegates needed to secure his party's mantle. A March 7 speech in which Paul admitted that "victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race" led many media outlets to report his withdrawal. But what they missed was what Paul went on to say: that he does "still encourage all efforts to gain the maximum number of votes and delegates in all the remaining primaries." Flagging pols typically run into fund-raising hurdles, but thanks to massive online fund-raising efforts, Paul still has a hefty war chest. As of the end of last month, he still had more than $5 million in the bank. In Paul's view, he's in second place: his campaign Web site displays a graphic of the 11 original GOP candidates, nine of whom have big red X's drawn across their faces ("There were 11. Now there are two", reads the caption).

Paul spoke to NEWSWEEK's Sarah Elkins about why he keeps campaigning, his qualms about McCain and his thoughts about Ralph Nader. Excerpts:

NEWSWEEK: At this point, the most obvious question is: why are you still doing it? Life on the trail is exhausting, and John McCain has already won the Republican nomination. What keeps you going out there?
Ron Paul: First off, I don't really feel exhausted at all. There were certainly times when I was [exhausted], when there were six or eight or 10 primaries to campaign for. But right now I feel really rested because I came back to Texas and paid attention to my congressional race, which we won easily with 70 percent of the vote [Paul won the GOP nomination, and does not face a Democratic opponent this fall]. So I had time to rest and rethink things, and I feel really good about [the race]. Right now, out of 11 [original Republican presidential] candidates, I'm still out there. We have time and we're still in the race, picking up delegates here and there, and the troops are still very enthusiastic ... I think what I've done over the years is different from other people running for office, because most of the time people run for only one reason, which is to win a political office. They go out and they take polls and figure out what they need to say because the goal of winning comes before anything else. In my case, winning is important, but I need to win on principles that are important to me. If I win on other peoples' principles, I lose.

OK, but at some point you've got to think "enough is enough." When do you decide it's time to throw in the towel?
I will keep campaigning for as long as people are supporting me and the money is there and that's what they want. I feel badly about just quitting. We have 30,000 voters on our list in Pennsylvania, and if I just quit tomorrow--and people can make a case for that: how long should I do this?--I would feel badly. I would feel as though I had let them down. So for me, it's indefinite.

You said earlier that your "troops" are still very enthusiastic, but they've got to be at least somewhat discouraged. What seems to be the general mood among your supporters right now?
It's a mixed bag. I would say 95 percent are just happy with what we've done and continue to do. Of course, others are discouraged and say, "Well, we should have done better, we should have done better," but the rest are so energetic. They say we should keep going and they almost believe some kind of miracle is going to happen [laughs]. I try to keep them grounded in reality. But we are going to the convention, and my job is to tell [my supporters] not to be discouraged. For me, I never expected any of this to happen a year ago. I'd say overall it's been 100 times more successful than I ever dreamed.

Continued: http://www.newsweek.com/id/124451
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 22 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,727

The reason he is still pretending to go on is because people are still delusional enough to keep sending him money.
The main reason he made so much money in the first place was largely due to the fact that so many mistakenly believed that he was a 9/11 truth candidate.

The ONLY real 9/11 truth candidate is Cynthia McKinney, the only other candidate that came close was Kucinich he just never quite had the balls to come right out and say it.

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 23 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

"The reason he is still pretending to go on is because people are still delusional enough to keep sending him money."

Nuny:

No, we agree with his message and want to see it promoted as widely as possible.
It won't be long before "Ron Paul Republcans" start to be elected. Revolutions take time.

That is why we send him money.

"The main reason he made so much money in the first place was largely due to the fact that so many mistakenly believed that he was a 9/11 truth candidate."

This is hogwash !
Ron Paul has very broad appeal to many people, not just naive single issue 911 folks.

"The ONLY real 9/11 truth candidate is Cynthia McKinney, the only other candidate that came close was Kucinich he just never quite had the balls to come right out and say it."

Now McKinney is a real waste of money if you want to throw away some cash....

Same with Kucinich

Gee maybe he can bring back his Department of Peace rolleyes.gif

Can't argue about his lack of balls though....

Ron Paul is still in it because he has a huge pair of what must be titanium balls.

He is fully aware that his life is in danger and has talked frankly with his family about this.

Ron Paul has guts, intelligence and is making a difference

Something you apparently know nothing about.

no surprise there.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Mar 23 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 321

The main reasons I support Ron Paul, are because the man is a TRUE PATRIOT, HE IS A STATESMAN (the others are simple pandering politicians), HE'S HONEST, AND THE ONLY TRULY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

Nunyabiz,

Do you like being lied to by all the other candidates? If not, I think you need to do your homework on Ron Paul. If you made a sincere effort to find out about the man, you would also be supporting him.

This post has been edited by jo56: Mar 23 2008, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 24 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #5

Not going to waste my breath responding to "bill" as it would not be acceptable on this site. will just /ignore.

Jo56.

NO I don't like being lied to by any candidate which is exactly what I am getting from both Obama & Clinton.
McKinney however has never lied, neither has Kucinich and both have the exact same chance to win as Paul does which is zero.
ANY candidate that tells the truth and is honestly trying to change things will NEVER have a chance to win until We the People take this country back from the top 2% sadly that is never going to happen either because in general we the people are stupid beyond belief.

Its not that I don't like "some" of what Paul has to say, he makes sense on a few things and I HAVE made a effort to find out about him.
Problem is that not ONE single thing that he wants to do as far as getting rid of the IRS, Federal reserve etc would ever get more than ONE vote in Congress because congress is corrupt. This whole system needs to be wiped clean all but maybe 2-3 members of Congress run out of Washington tared feathered and on a rail.
The entire election system abolished and changed to paper ballots hand counted only, abolish the way outdated electoral college.

We need the Green Party to start taking some seats in Congress.

Of the people currently running McKinney is the only one that I would vote for.

There was a large percentage of Paul supporters BTW that thought he was a 9/11 truth candidate which is clearly why he did so well online.

I will stick to the REAL 9/11 truth candidate Cynthia McKinney

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 24 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #6

"Not going to waste my breath responding to "bill" as it would not be acceptable on this site"

I agree with you

You have nothing left but name calling and restating your rediculous assertion that Ron Paul only did well because of his position on 911

which you still haven't backed with any sort of logic or statistics or even a link to some obscure website

Therfore this statement is still hogwash

I must say your 'logic' escapes me about supporting McKinny in light of your dismissing Ron Paul because he has zero chance of winning

At least Ron Paul has started to change what you seem to be frustrated about -- Congressional failures

Look at his voting records

*shakes head in disbelief*

'student pilot' indeed

+Quote Post
jo56
post Mar 24 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 321

haha Bill

I agree that Nunyabiz is misguided on his assertion that the only reason we voted for Ron Paul was connected to 911 Truth? That is so far from the truth. It's more about his support of OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR COUNTRY, and his BRAVERY in alerting the people as to what is going on in this country that threatens our future.

He's saying DON'T TAKE YOUR FREEDOM FOR GRANTED, because it could be gone in the bat of an eye. HE IS TELLING US WE MUST DO A BETTER JOB OF OVERSEEING OUR LEADERS, BECAUSE SADLY, THEY'VE ABUSED OUR TRUST. IF WE DO NOTHING, then there is the very real risk of losing this country to TOTALLY MISGUIDED PEOPLE WITH AN AGENDA that will change our lives and America forever.

THE RON PAUL REVOLUTION JUST MAY BE SEEN IN LATER YEARS AS WHAT ACTUALLY SAVED THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE IT HELPED US TO AWAKEN FROM OUR STUPOR, AND START INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE BY DEMANDING THAT OUR LEADERS STOP LYING TO US.

It would be NICE if Ron Paul could win, but he is intelligent enough to know that the REVOLUTION he has started in the American people is REALLY WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. WE ALL SHOULD APPRECIATE HIM FOR DOING JUST THIS.

What other candidate has attempted to wake up the people in this country who are in their ELITE MEDIA PROMOTED STUPORS? CERTAINLY NOT CLINTON, OBAMA OR MCCAIN! THEY ARE CONTINUING THE LIES OF THE ELITE, AND THOSE WHO DON'T WANT US TO WAKEUP.

RON PAUL WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS A MAN WHO WAS A TRUE PATRIOT AND WHO LOVED HIS COUNTRY ENOUGH TO SPEAK UP AND WAKE UP THE PEOPLE. FOR THAT HE GETS MY VOTE IN NOV 2008, EVEN IF I AM THE ONLY ONE VOTING FOR HIM.

This post has been edited by jo56: Mar 24 2008, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 24 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #8

Not much I can say to a couple of Paulianity worshipers except ROTFL.

This topic is not worth responding to any further and the only "name calling" here has been done by BillO

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 26 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #9

I didn't call you any 'names', Nuny

that is your mode of operation not mine

"Paulianity worshipers" -- where did you get that one ?

I repeat, name calling is all you have left to argue your 'point'

+Quote Post
grizz
post Mar 26 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #10

aka Oceans Flow

Member No.: 108

My problem with Ron Paul is that he perpetuates the hijacker/terrorist myth. I'm not a one-issue voter, but I will be voting for Ms McKinney because she's the only one in the race that does not lie about 9/11. To me this issue is paramount, and if she gets a good deal of support her views will be at least marginally covered in the media.

People need to know that there is a real truth candidate out there. She won't win, but the bigger impact she has the better off Truth (and therefore the future) will be.

It's time for us to make a stand, and we must stand with the person who stands with us. Otherwqise we are wasting our time.

+Quote Post
SPreston
post Mar 30 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #11

Patriotic American

From: Where I am standing on the RUINS of the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY
Member No.: 1,045

QUOTE (jo56)
haha Bill

I agree that Nunyabiz is misguided on his assertion that the only reason we voted for Ron Paul was connected to 911 Truth? That is so far from the truth. It's more about his support of OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR COUNTRY, and his BRAVERY in alerting the people as to what is going on in this country that threatens our future.

He's saying DON'T TAKE YOUR FREEDOM FOR GRANTED, because it could be gone in the bat of an eye. HE IS TELLING US WE MUST DO A BETTER JOB OF OVERSEEING OUR LEADERS, BECAUSE SADLY, THEY'VE ABUSED OUR TRUST. IF WE DO NOTHING, then there is the very real risk of losing this country to TOTALLY MISGUIDED PEOPLE WITH AN AGENDA that will change our lives and America forever.

THE RON PAUL REVOLUTION JUST MAY BE SEEN IN LATER YEARS AS WHAT ACTUALLY SAVED THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE IT HELPED US TO AWAKEN FROM OUR STUPOR, AND START INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE BY DEMANDING THAT OUR LEADERS STOP LYING TO US.

It would be NICE if Ron Paul could win, but he is intelligent enough to know that the REVOLUTION he has started in the American people is REALLY WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. WE ALL SHOULD APPRECIATE HIM FOR DOING JUST THIS.

What other candidate has attempted to wake up the people in this country who are in their ELITE MEDIA PROMOTED STUPORS? CERTAINLY NOT CLINTON, OBAMA OR MCCAIN! THEY ARE CONTINUING THE LIES OF THE ELITE, AND THOSE WHO DON'T WANT US TO WAKEUP.

RON PAUL WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS A MAN WHO WAS A TRUE PATRIOT AND WHO LOVED HIS COUNTRY ENOUGH TO SPEAK UP AND WAKE UP THE PEOPLE. FOR THAT HE GETS MY VOTE IN NOV 2008, EVEN IF I AM THE ONLY ONE VOTING FOR HIM.

Bravo. Great post. Ron Paul gets my vote also and my 81 year old mother said she would write-in Ron Paul if she had to. 9-11 Truth is a single issue. There are many issues much much more important than 9-11 Truth and bringing the perpetrators to justice. Ron Paul is working on those more important issues for now. Ridding us of the thieving private owned and bankruptcy inducing Federal Reserve must be at the top of the list. Ridding us of outsourcing of American jobs and welfare for the super rich corporate internationalists must be at the top of the list. Freeing America from the greedy clutches of the satanic New World Order billionaire elitists must be at the top of the list. Justice for the victims of 9-11 must necessarily be far down the list in importance because a good President must serve all of the people. He does not have the spare time to devote to researching 9-11 that many of us do. But Ron Paul too seeks justice. As a Constitutionalist it is his nature because the US Constitution is all about justice. Do not forget that the victims of Waco and Oklahoma City and Flight 800 and the 93 WTC attack and many other instances of US Government sponsored terrorism also deserve justice. When Ron Paul gets into the White House, he will institute an investigation into 9-11. Ron Paul is the finest representative ALL Americans have in Congress. More than any other representative in the past 27 years, Ron Paul has served ALL Americans and not himself. Ron Paul will be the finest President this nation ever had. The corrupt DemoPublican Congress will not give him many problems because President Ron Paul will take it to the people and let We the People inform OUR representatives to serve America and We the People or get the hell out.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."~Thomas Jefferson 1801-1809

Do you want this?

QUOTE (Ron Paul Congress 2002)
“Abolishing the Federal Reserve will allow Congress to reassert its Constitutional authority over monetary policy. The Constitution does not give Congress the authority to delegate control over monetary policy to a Central Bank. I urge my colleagues to put an end to the manipulation of the money supply which erodes Americans’ standard of living and enriches well-connected elites.”
QUOTE (Ron Paul Congress April 2007)
“The greatest threat facing America today is not terrorism or illegal immigration. The greatest threat is the shameless deficit spending of our government and Federal Reserve currency devaluation. The Press sometimes criticizes Federal Reserve policy but the validity of the fiat system itself is never challenged. History shows that when the destruction of monetary value becomes rampant, the political structure becomes unstable. We then have good reason to be concerned about the future of our nation.” here

Or more of this?

This post has been edited by SPreston: Mar 30 2008, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 05:20 AM