IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Crazy Stuff @ Nevada Gop Convention

Sanders
post Apr 27 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

Report from Nevada GOP Convention. Ron Paul wins! shhhh. VIDEO LINKS - UPDATED

@freedomsphoenix

At the beginning of the Convention the State GOP/McCain campaign tried to limit who could be considered delegates (this is how they determined who was _not_ on that list "Nevada GOP Plays Games Ahead of State Convention by Brock Lorber"). This prompted a floor fight that went on for hours. The record crowd wondered why they were there if the people to be voted on were already predetermined.

Already the 3 congressional districts have gone (3 delegates for each Congressional District) One district has awarded all 3 to Ron Paul, the second district went, One for Ron Paul, One for John McCain and One for NV. US Senator John Ensign and the third congressional district is unknown since the convention authorities won't tell.

Nevada's US Senator Bob Beers is also permanent chair of the convention. He approached the podium at 6pm banged gavel and said we lost the room, we're in recess and have to figure out another way another time to elect the remaining 22 delegates to the national convention and left the room.... but a quorum was present and the people were not finished smile.gif

After the hotel stated that they had no problem with another 3 hours of room use someone tried turning off the lights.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Art...m?InfoNo=032805
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Apr 27 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

This is really significant IMO - albeit at a grass-roots level. The "powers that be" were all but thrown out on their @ss at the Nevada GOP Convention. I give you Ron Paul's speech at that convention (after which Paul supporters totally dominated the voting until the McCain-supporting GOP chair-people realised that the only way to stop the bleeding was to shut down the convention, saying (falsely) that the time they had rented the hall had expired). THIS is our country in action, thank god the republic is still alive and well. (I'm talking about what transpired AFTER Ron Paul's speech).

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/47077

It's not over !!! Everyone hates McCain.

Edit - it seems McCain's supporters left the hall and hid, so that a quorum couldn't be met.

+Quote Post
grizz
post Apr 27 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #3

aka Oceans Flow

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 108

My dad was a staunch Democrat, WWII veteran and union construction worker. I remember when I was seven years old we were watching the Republican Convention on TV (1956) and there was a challenger to Eisenhower named Smith, I think. IIRC Mr Smith was physically carried from the hall on live TV, shouting the whole way. My dad proceeded to ridicule the GOP for doing that, saying that it proved that the nomination was rigged and the Republicans were not open to the will of the people. The Democratic convention that year was quite different, when Adlai Stevenson was nominated for a second run against Eisenhower.

Some of us here are old enough to remember brokered conventions and real primary contests. Even with modern day media control, both conventions this year could be quite a bit more colorful than they have been for generations. Expect the Paul delegates to make a lot of noise. That, I believe, will hurt McCain in November. (As if I believe the election will be honest lol.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 06:47 PM