IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nuclear Disaster Unfolding In Fukushima

bill
post Mar 15 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

This getting worse every day

http://allthingsnuclear.org/tagged/Japan_nuclear

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 15 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #2

from George Ure at Urbansurvival today

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

We have a source, who we can only identify as an expat highly placed editor in Japanese media who has informed us of the (criminal) charade going on.

On Tuesday, his key Japanese media outlet, while reporting on the "situation being in hand" was quickly evacuating its staff to either Hong Kong, or Sydney, Australia. He was given a timeframe in which to gather critical data for the media's product and was to be helicoptered to an island in southern Japan where a corporate plane would move him - and other members of this key media outlet - to foreign shores.

All the while his publication was reporting "normal" conditions for the populace. So first point: Japanese media are complicit in the cover-up of the data.

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 15 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #3

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/world/as...amp;_r=1&hp

The sharp deterioration came after a frantic day and night of rescue efforts focused largely on the No. 2 reactor. There, a malfunctioning valve prevented workers from manually venting the containment vessel to release pressure and allow fresh seawater to be injected into it. That meant that the extraordinary remedy emergency workers had jury-rigged to keep the nuclear fuel from overheating no longer worked.

As a result, the nuclear fuel in that reactor was exposed for many hours, increasing the risk of a breach of the container vessel and more dangerous emissions of radioactive particles.

By Tuesday morning, Tokyo Electric Power said that it had fixed the valve and resumed seawater injections, but that it had detected possible leaks in the containment vessel that prevented water from fully covering the fuel rods.

Then an explosion hit that reactor. After a series of conflicting reports about what level of damage was inflicted on the reactor after that blast, Mr. Edano, the chief cabinet secretary, said, “there is a very high probability that a portion of the containment vessel was damaged.”

+Quote Post
lunk
post Mar 15 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsanim/world/

The bigger the square, the greater the shake.

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 15 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #5

eta link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...tion-alert.html

Disaster: A satellite picture shows the remains of four reactors. By last night three of them had been hit by explosions while one had caught fire

This post has been edited by bill: Mar 15 2011, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
Johnny Angel
post Mar 15 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #6

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 956

Beyond Nuclear.Org.

The danger of the Nuclear waste pools losing thier cooling water containment
building is more of a problem than the reactors itself.The Japanese have this
spent Fuel waste inside these plants, and they cant get it from under controll.

1000 of tons of spent fuel waste, just waiting to overheat & explode.

I remember hearing about the danger of the Nuclear waste storage back when
Reagan Bombed Libya, and there were rumors that a Terrrorist Suicide swat team
would Hijack a passenger jet and crash into a Nuclear Power plant.

I didnt understant it at the time, but a USAF Officer said it would be a much
biiger disaster if the HiJacked Jet struck the tons of waste in cold waterstorage,
than actually hitting the Massive containment bldg wiith only a few hundred
pounds of fuel.

I first suspected 911 was an inside job when the HiJacked Jets didnt target Nuke Waste,
which would of affected the USA 1000 times worse than WTC collapse.

+Quote Post
DoYouEverWonder
post Mar 15 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #7

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,096

Heavy fallout from Japan nuclear scandal

September 2, 2002

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- The president, vice president and chairman of Japan's largest utility are quitting following a nuclear safety scandal, along with two advisers.

The Monday announcements came after Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) admitted last week that it may have failed to accurately report cracks at its nuclear reactors in the late 1980s and 1990s.

The company and the Japanese government are probing whether workers covered up reports of the cracks.

TEPCO is suspected of falsifying 29 cases of safety repair records.

The company's nuclear reactor is the world's largest, and will be shut down temporarily along with four others for urgent safety checks.

Japan's nuclear power industry provides a third of the country's electrical power, and has been criticized for other accidents in recent years.

'No room for excuses'

TEPCO shares skidded again on Monday after two weeks of declines, ending down more than 2 percent at the close.

"There is no room for excuses," TEPCO President Nobuya Minami said on Monday, as he announced he would leave his post in mid-October.

"I deeply regret the incident and cannot apologize enough for it."

Minami said he would reveal in mid-September the results of TEPCO's probe.

Chairman Hiroshi Araki, Vice President Toshiaki Enomoto and advisers Shoh Nasu and Gaishi Hiraiwa will step down at the end of September.

"What I thought was impossible has actually occurred," Minami said this weekend, according to the Asahi Shimbun.

"As I failed to perceive it, I think managerial responsibility lies with me."
'Unacceptable'

Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) vice minister Seiji Murata said that Trade Minister Takeo Hiranuma branded the company's actions as "unacceptable."

"It betrayed the public's trust over nuclear energy," Hiranuma told Murata.

METI says it has evidence of false inspection records, with the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency saying that up to eight reactors may still be running with unfixed cracks, though the cracks don't pose an immediate threat.

The company is conducting an inquiry of its own, and has submitted a list of 29 cases of possible cover-ups of cracks on the core of 13 nuclear reactors, at three plants.
GE tests

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency inspects nuclear plants in Japan every 13 months, checking the cooling system and other essential parts.

But it leaves the inspection of the shrouds and pumps around the core to the company, which is required to report flaws.

TEPCO contracted its testing to General Electric International Inc., GE's Japan subsidiary. Local media report that cracks were found on the reactor shrouds.

Defective shrouds, important nonfuel parts of a reactor, are normally replaced in Japan but may be repaired in the United States or Europe, or even left alone if the cracks aren't serious.

A GE insider reportedly informed the Ministry of International Trade and Industry as far back as July 2000.

GE officials then approached Minami in March about launching an investigation into possible false reporting.
Misconduct

GE workers inspected the shrouds while TEPCO workers were present. TEPCO workers then may have failed to report cracks to senior officials, the Nikkei Weekly reports, because they determined they were not significant.

TEPCO stock was down 2.04 percent at 2,395 yen at the close Monday, underperforming the broad Topix, which was off 1.2 percent. Though the possible cover-up has been long running, TEPCO has dropped about 10 percent in the last two weeks.

The scandal comes amid a lengthening list of corporate misconduct in Japan.

The Nikkei reported on Monday that Mitsui & Co. President Shinjiro Shimizu and Chairman Shigeji Ueshima are under pressure to resign.

They are likely to step down to take responsibility over alleged bribes by Mitsui workers to a Mongolian official, to win an order on a diesel-power facility there.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/BUSINESS/asia...epco/index.html

+Quote Post
tumetuestumefais...
post Mar 15 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #8

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,452

When I read the measurements then it looks to me be more a bit like a disinfo scandal than a "disaster".

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 16 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,274

QUOTE (tumetuestumefaisdubien @ Mar 13 2011, 05:21 PM) *
When I read the measurements then it looks to me be more a bit like a disinfo scandal than a "disaster".

And let's face it, corporate misconduct is not unique to Japan.

Slightly OT but nuclear science related I wonder how the Super-Kamiokande neutrino detection facility faired, see in The Unbearably Unstoppable Neutrino. The location of this facility is some distance from the worst affected zones but I wonder how delicate the photomultiplier tubes are.

+Quote Post
lunk
post Mar 16 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Omega892R09 @ Mar 16 2011, 03:33 AM) *
And let's face it, corporate misconduct is not unique to Japan.

Slightly OT but nuclear science related I wonder how the Super-Kamiokande neutrino detection facility faired, see in The Unbearably Unstoppable Neutrino. The location of this facility is some distance from the worst affected zones but I wonder how delicate the photomultiplier tubes are.

Good point.
The neutrino detectors world wide should be more active.

+Quote Post
GroundPounder
post Mar 16 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #11

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 315

QUOTE (lunk @ Mar 14 2011, 01:49 PM) *
The neutrino detectors world wide should be more active.

unless they are designed for solar as opposed to terrestrial origin. just a thought.

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 16 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #12

I don't know if any have seen these yet but worth a look, also check out the News Update and Current Status of Facilities link upper right:

Modified version of original post written by Josef Oehmen

This post has been edited by Omega892R09: Mar 17 2011, 01:45 PM

+Quote Post
lunk
post Mar 16 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Omega892R09 @ Mar 16 2011, 02:40 PM) *
I don't know if any have seen these yet but worth a look, also check out the News Update and Current Srtatus of Facilities link upper right:

Modified version of original post written by Josef Oehmen

Hmmm, that reads like everything is under control.

...why do i feel like i need my own Geiger counter.

From George Ure at

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

At least, insofar as the magnetometer readings about the government/University of Alaska High Altitude Atmospheric Project, a/k/a HAARP which, as you may recall from our earlier discussions, uses a huge steerable HF radio transmitter system which is powered with a roughly 2-megawatt powerplant which, given the size of their antenna array, pumps many megawatts (if not gigawatts) of effective radiated power (ERP) into the ionosphere for "research".

So powerful is the radiation off the HARP site, that they even have their own local radar to augment other radar coverage so that aircraft in the area aren't inadvertently damaged. In other words, lotsa, lotsa power.

Over the years, a lot of crackpot theories have developed around HAARP, but it's always been conjecture based on the magnetometers since I've been unable to locate the critical data needed to interpret whether HAARP was causative to some of the odd phenomena afoot in the world today, like bird kills, out-of-place earthquakes, and the like, or whether it was coincident to anomalous events.

(there is an interesting chart there too, comparing times of Earthquakes in Japan to pulses from HAARP.)

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Mar 17 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #14

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 710

what can you tell me about radiation? how is it measured? and what gadgets measure it?

the geiger counter?

here is why i ask. recently, there was an article in the nyt concerning the effluent of hydrofracking in the marcellus shale formation. one of the features of that effluent was a high level of radioactivity.

which interested me. as i have always wondered what level of radioactivity occured in crude oil, natural gas.

some pooh-pooh the existence of radioactivity in crude, nat gas, but, if there is radioactivity in the effluent of fracking in nat gas/crude shall payzones, wouldn't there be radioactivity in all hydrocarbons extracted?

and if that is the case, how is that radioactivity zeroed out? and if it is there and not zeroed out in the refining process, does it then enter into the refining products[i.e., gasoline]?

if you were to stand by your gas tank inlet with a geiger counter while pumping gasoline would you hear any indication of radioactivity?

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 17 2011, 08:33 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (lunk @ Mar 15 2011, 12:53 AM) *
Hmmm, that reads like everything is under control.

Well maybe.

It seems that the Daily Kos has more to say.

The danger in the fuel storage pools was something not appreciated when this started to unfold where the reactor core melting, core on the floor in the parlance, was an eventuality catered for in the design of the reactors where the core is a quite a small part in the centre and low down.

The magnitude of the quake and the hight of the tsunami had unfortunately not been anticipated back when the site was designed. We know much more about plate tectonics now than we did then. Generation II reactors are nothing like the later generations now running let alone those under development.

+Quote Post
tumetuestumefais...
post Mar 17 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #16

New video from Fukushima taken from TEPCO copter:

what a mess... rolleyes.gif
new radiation measurements here

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 17 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (albertchampion @ Mar 15 2011, 04:31 AM) *
what can you tell me about radiation? how is it measured? and what gadgets measure it?

Seemingly such a simple question but measuring radiation has varied approaches depending on what you are doing, want to do and what is happening.

Workers in areas where there is a significant radiological hazard wear dosimeters of which I was once familiar with the film badge type also various detection powders that would be spread in a suspect area. Also others for chemhaz.

We used to practice NBCD (nuclear, biological and chemical decontamination) on a regular basis and I was for awhile on the decontam squad at a major FAA (Fleet Air Arm) airfield. We also practiced at sea on carriers. It is most interesting trying to carry on aircraft operations, down below in the hangar or on the flight deck, whilst togged up in NBCD suits, in fact it is bloody dificult. Even then we practiced at rotating squads into and out of work areas (from the citadel) so as to keep everyone's dose to safe(ish) levels. But we knew for sure that in a real hot war we would be expendable as a matter of course.

Here is some useful info:

Measuring Radiation

+Quote Post
Ricochet
post Mar 17 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #18

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,225

QUOTE (albertchampion @ Mar 16 2011, 10:31 PM) *

the geiger counter?

One major problem is that a geiger counter is useless in detecting something far more sinister than radioactivity. That is plutonium. They loaded MOX fuel into reactor # 3.
MOX fuel loaded into Tokyo Electric's old Fukushima reactor
Sunday 22nd August, 05:36 AM JST

http://www.berthold.com/downloadfiles/rp/e...ns99_lb6414.pdf

FUKUSHIMA —
Tokyo Electric Power Co loaded plutonium-uranium mixed oxide fuel Saturday into a reactor at its nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture in preparation for the largest Japanese utility’s first plutonium-thermal power generation.

The No. 3 reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 plant would be the third in Japan to be used for the so-called pluthermal generation, but the only one among the three to have been subjected to antiaging treatment with 34 years since its launch. Pluthermal output has already begun at the No. 3 reactor of Kyushu Electric Power Co’s Genkai plant in Saga Prefecture and the No. 3 reactor of Shikoku Electric Power Co’s Ikata plant in Ehime Prefecture.

source Kyodo

MOX fuel is a plutonium / uranium mixed oxide. Potassium iodide pills will help block the radioactive fallout but does zip against plutonium. # 3 reactor ain't doing so good these days.
http://www.jaif.or.jp/english/news_images/...1300350525P.pdf

Plutonium
Plutonium was discovered in 1941 by Dr. Glenn T. Seaborg and Edwin McMillan, Kennedy, and Wahl by deuteron bombardment of uranium in the 60-inch cyclotron of the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley, but the discovery was kept secret. It was named after the planet Pluto, having been discovered directly after Neptunium. (Pluto is the next planet out after Neptune).

The metal has a silvery appearance and takes on a yellow tarnish when slightly oxidized. It is chemically reactive. A relatively large piece of plutonium is warm to the touch because of the energy given off in alpha decay. Larger pieces will produce enough heat to boil water. The metal readily dissolves in concentrated hydrochloric acid, hydroiodic acid, or perchloric acid. The metal exhibits six allotropic modifications having various crystalline structures. The densities of these vary from 16.00 to 19.86 g/cm3.

The most important isotope of plutonium is 239Pu, with a half-life of 24,200 years. Because of its short half-life, there are only extremely tiny trace amounts of plutonium naturally in uranium ores.
It is produced in extensive quantities in nuclear reactors from natural uranium: 238U(n, gamma) --> 239U--(beta) --> 239Np--(beta) --> 239Pu. Fifteen isotopes of plutonium are known.

Applications

Plutonium is a key fissile component in modern nuclear weapons; care must be taken to avoid accumulation of amounts of plutonium which approach critical mass, the amount of plutonium which will self-generate a nuclear reaction. Despite not being confined by external pressure as is required for a nuclear weapon, it will nevertheless heat itself and break whatever confining environment it is in. Shape is relevant; compact shapes such as spheres are to be avoided.

Plutonium could also be used to manufacture radiological weapons. The plutonium isotope 238Pu is an alpha emitter with a half life of 87 years. These characteristics make it well suited for electrical power generation for devices which must function without direct maintenance for timescales approximating a human life time. It is therefore used in RTGs such as those powering the Galileo and Cassini space probes. Plutonium-238 was used on the Apollo-14 lunar flight in 1971 to power seismic devices and other equipment left on the Moon, and it was also the power supply of the two Voyager supercraft launched in 1977.

Plutonium-239 can also be used as a fuel in a new generation of fast-breeder nuclear weapons, which burn a mixed oxide (MOX) fuel consisting of uranium and plutonium.

Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/...m#ixzz1Gt27b5BW

+Quote Post
tumetuestumefais...
post Mar 17 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Omega892R09 @ Mar 17 2011, 06:58 AM) *
Here is some useful info:

Measuring Radiation

this is also useful:

and here in perspective of Fukushima:

EDIT: I think only dangerous "fallout" is that Germany chancellor Merkel now announced they'll stop operation of 7 oldest reactors - which would put out of grid ~7000 MW netto - this can blackout the EU grid, which now is working already at the edge of its long range transfer cappacity. I wonder how the politicians could be so corrupted and play into the cards of the ekoterrorists and fossil lobby so openly. Her predecessor Gerhard Schroeder now sitts in the Gazprom and takes big sallaries, because he pushed through the German nuclear phase-out.

This post has been edited by tumetuestumefaisdubien: Mar 17 2011, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
tumetuestumefais...
post Mar 18 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #20

according to last measurements -if we would believe them, the radioactivity starts to go consistently down, which would suggest the contamination further from the dammaged reactor buildings is largely just by shortlived isotopes - which would be good news, because the solid long half-life isotopes persist much longer in the environment. Current values measured at the west gate -in direction to inland- are ~270 microSieverts which is a value comparable to radioactivity values of a smoke from a coal powerplant and pose no immediate risk even relatively close to the plant. So if the TEPCO measurements are real, then we probably can see soon the burst of this carefuly maintained "disaster" global media bubble so welcomed by the professional activists, their quillible followers and to political servants of the fossil lobby - as for example in the Germany, where now the prime minister A. Merkel wants to close the 7 nuclear plants and where the last prime minister G. Schroeder ended on the well paid post in the pipeline company Nordstream (nominated by Gazprom to which he negotiated the German state guarantees and at the same time the phase-out of the german nuclear plants - the competitor to the dirty fossil bussiness revenues and power), instead of ending in the jail for corruption and conflict of interest.

EDIT: here an article from Scientific American about the radioactivity emited by coal plants

This post has been edited by tumetuestumefaisdubien: Mar 18 2011, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 05:04 PM