IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The New Pearl Harbor Revisited - Dr. David Ray Griffin's Latest, Review by Maturin (Shelton F. Lankford)

maturin42
post Sep 5 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Core Member
Member No.: 633

Dr. Griffin requested that I write a blurb for his Vol. II to "The New Pearl Harbor". After reading the manuscript I thought it appropriate that I try to write a complete review. It has been submitted to a few outlets, and I thought the forum members might like a sneak peek. I ordered a copy from Amazon about three weeks ago and have a ship date of 3 October, but the publisher advises that it is in the warehouses now.

The New Pearl Harbor Revisited:
9/11, the Cover-Up, and the Exposé
David Ray Griffin

Review by Shelton F. Lankford, LtCol. USMC (Ret.)

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dr. David Ray Griffin revises and extends his groundbreaking first 9/11 book, The
New Pearl Harbor, in a second volume. It follows closely on the heels of his 9/11
Contradictions – An Open Letter to Congress and the Press, also published this year.
In that book, he presented 25 direct contradictions – instances in the official account
where there are unexplained major conflicts between the evidence and what the U. S.
Government – in the form of the Commission – would have us believe.

With this work, Dr. Griffin cements his place as the pre-eminent spokesperson for
the growing number of people who demand answers to an expanding list of questions
about 9/11 – answers that can only come from a thorough and truly impartial
investigation of the largest unsolved crime in our history.

The latest in an impressive line of 9/11 works, this book updates, corrects, and
extends the account in The New Pearl Harbor, following the structure of that book,
making a number of corrections to the record, but adding a great deal of detail and new
information that has been uncovered since its publication in 2004. Even those members
of the 9/11 Truth Movement who have immersed themselves thoroughly in the subject
will find new information here, presented in the precise, and very readable style Dr.
Griffin has brought to each of his books on the subject. Readers who are new to the
subject would do well to start with the first volume, since it still provides one of the best
presentations of the basic facts available. Readers experienced with 9/11 analysis and
research in all its forms, likely will not be astonished by revelations in this work – our
capacity to be surprised has been somewhat dulled by the daily parade of insults to
intelligence that pass for governance in the era of Bush, but they will be gratified by the
well-researched detail and rational arguments that are hallmarks of Dr. Griffin’s work.

In “Revisited”, to pick an example, the section dealing with the information brought
out by the London Sunday Times on Sibel Edmonds, who defied a gag order to expose
corruption, espionage, high-level protection of foreign agents, and proliferation of
nuclear technology – all studiously ignored by the domestic media – is a grim illustration
of the debased state to which our “free press” has devolved. The quiet deconstruction of
former Solicitor General Ted Olson’s report, in which he related details about the alleged
hijacking of Flight 77 based on phone calls that the FBI now claims did not occur,
should have caused headlines in the Washington Post, but at least the record is
corrected here.

As in his previous book – 9/11 Contradictions and its predecessors – he presents
evidence that exposes the inadequacies and sometimes the mendacity of the official
explanation, as represented by the 9/11 Commission Report and the thinning ranks of
its defenders. In doing so, his primary focus is on those incompatibilities between the
official account and the public record, or instances where the public record has been
manipulated or distorted to bolster a misleading view of events.

The already long list of inconsistencies, impossibilities, unexplained conflicts, circular
arguments, and downright contradictions in the Commission’s official conspiracy theory
is further burdened by another heaping helping with this volume. Were the media the
least bit interested in the pursuit of the true story of 9/11, the official story and the
actions enabled by the passive acceptance of it by a fearful public and a cowed
Congress would most likely have already collapsed.

The Truth movement, in which Dr. Griffin has played a leading, perhaps dominant
role, has brought forward a very large body of evidence buried or omitted by the
commission ostensibly assembled to investigate the event. The efforts of the media
establishment to confine knowledge and public discourse about this evidence to a
counter-culture ghetto have been remarkably effective. When the subject does surface
in the mainstream, it is subjected to ridicule and dismissal with the inevitable ready-
made pejorative “conspiracy theory”, which is invariably applied to non-approved
versions of events, discouraging the average citizen from taking it seriously. In this
book, and several others, it is made clear that the government version is, itself, no less
a conspiracy theory, and a far-fetched one at that. Dr. Griffin, in his books and with an
energetic lecture schedule, is doing his part and more to break out of this ghetto. His
calm and rational examination of the matter does him and the movement great credit.

The secrecy with which the current administration conducts itself, and its
documented efforts to propagate self-serving propaganda, do nothing to inspire
confidence that they have dealt, or will ever deal, with the issues of 9/11 with any more
integrity than they showed in the buildup to the invasion of Iraq. On the contrary, the
way the administration has dealt with 9/11 appears more and more an inseparable part
of a strategy to establish the “War on Terror” as a brand name for a long-term imperial
foreign policy. As it stands, the most charitable possible reading of administration
actions and the subsequent Commission Report is as a criminal coverup that makes
Watergate look like a tea party.

With the cooperation of a supine press and a complicit Congress, and despite what
appears to be breathtaking incompetence emanating from the top, the machinery of
empire grinds forward, appearing to have Iran in its sights. This book throws more sand
in the gears of that machinery. A great many in the Truth movement believe that the key
to stopping the endless chain of war, infringements on our rights, and human rights
abuses, all committed in our name and allegedly to keep us “safer”, is exposure of the
truth about 9/11 and holding those who are truly responsible to account. Absent a
revival of investigative journalism – a dim prospect at best, in view of the media
ownership concentration – books like this one, arming the informed citizen with solid
information and providing a basis for demanding direct action, appear to be our best
hope.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Sep 5 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

I think it's fantastic. Very well written. thumbsup.gif

I would take one word out, "corrects" -

The latest in an impressive line of 9/11 works, this book updates, corrects, and extends the account in The New Pearl Harbor...

"corrects" tends to suggest that the first book was flawed IMO, and is uneeded since you then say;

following the structure of that book,
making a number of corrections to the record...

That would be my only comment. Otherwise, great.

+Quote Post
maturin42
post Sep 5 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sanders @ Sep 4 2008, 12:14 AM) *
I think it's fantastic. Very well written. thumbsup.gif

I would take one word out, "corrects" -

The latest in an impressive line of 9/11 works, this book updates, corrects, and extends the account in The New Pearl Harbor...

"corrects" tends to suggest that the first book was flawed IMO, and is uneeded since you then say;

following the structure of that book,
making a number of corrections to the record...

That would be my only comment. Otherwise, great.

Dr. Griffin, in the foreword, says it as follows:
"NPH is reprinted as the first volume of a two-volume set. The second volume, The New Pearl Harbor Revisited (NPHR), is a chapter-by-chapter commentary on the first volume, in which its discussion is brought up to date and, where necessary, corrected." So I use it advisedly, although I would consider any corrections to be very minor issues. Dr. Griffin is not of the "close enough" school of research, I have found.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Sep 5 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Sep 6 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,274

Capital work Maturin. salute.gif

Thank you very much for posting this.

I enquired about this book in a bookstore here in the UK earlier this week and they knew nothing about it and Amazon.co.uk did not list it but your information that it was now in 'warehouses' prompted me to check again and I will now ordered a copy - to join my growing library of 9/11 related titles, of which Dr Griffin is the most prominent I have each one of his.

+Quote Post
georgie101
post Sep 6 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 114

An excellent review cheers.gif
Thanks for sharing with us.

+Quote Post
maturin42
post Sep 10 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #7

The review is now on Amazon. If you are so inclined, you can go there and vote for it. There is one other review there as well, also a 5 star. They are listing the book as being "out of stock".

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Sep 10 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (maturin42 @ Sep 8 2008, 05:11 PM) *
The review is now on Amazon. If you are so inclined, you can go there and vote for it.

Brilliant. I'll have a look.

They are listing the book as being "out of stock".

Sheeesh! That was fast.

Somebody placed a block order to drain the stocks I wonder?

Whatever, I am still awaiting shipping notification for the copy I have ordered here in UK.

+Quote Post
maturin42
post Sep 19 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #9

I got my complimentary copy from Interlink Press yesterday and the copy I ordered from Amazon today.

Funny thing, Amazon was dicking around with the order, apparently. Not like them, but I ordered the copy as soon as I could, and about three weeks ago they notified me that my credit card on file for 1-click was refused. I had cancelled the card because of an identity theft incident and a new one was ordered. I changed my information to the new card, which was accepted. I got notification two more times that the card was not good, went online and corrected it. My estimated ship date moved into November.

I wrote customer service that I didn't understand what the problem was and to either ship my book or cancel the order. Got a message back apologizing profusely and I got the book the next day. Amazon has always been good at order fulfillment but this was just weird.

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Sep 29 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #10

I am still waiting for my copy to come from Waterstones in the UK and note that Amazon.co.uk have a date of 30 September.

+Quote Post
keroseneaddict
post Sep 29 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,813

QUOTE (maturin42 @ Sep 5 2008, 09:05 PM) *
Dr. Griffin requested that I write a blurb for his Vol. II to "The New Pearl Harbor". After reading the manuscript I thought it appropriate that I try to write a complete review. It has been submitted to a few outlets, and I thought the forum members might like a sneak peek. I ordered a copy from Amazon about three weeks ago and have a ship date of 3 October, but the publisher advises that it is in the warehouses now.

Ordered.....a ship date of 24 Oct????? oh well...

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Oct 18 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #12

My copy arrived on Friday, despite being up to my neck in computer issues and other things I have managed to get about half way through and what an interesting read it is, with some statements of utmost importance. There should be a number of highly placed officials in custody right now and being questioned individually. A list with reasons why could be useful, No?

I am glad my 9/11 library is reasonably complete as I have most of the books quoted, except Griffins own title bringing in Christianity.

+Quote Post
Janusaur
post Aug 2 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #13

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,696

For quick reference, could someone who has the book post the excerpts regarding CIT and PFT (mentioned on p.74,75,77 according to Google Books)?

+Quote Post
Comseur
post Sep 6 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,538

I just received the book from Amazon a few days back.

Shall I scan those pages you mentioned?

+Quote Post
Janusaur
post Sep 6 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,696

QUOTE (Comseur)
Shall I scan those pages you mentioned?

Yes please.

How was the book btw?

+Quote Post
Comseur
post Sep 6 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #16

I'm afraid I haven't got around to reading it yet.... whistle.gif

Came with another bunch, I read the Gafferty "The 9/11 Mystery Plane" first... 322 pages, to be recommended, btw! (only got them books on Thursday)

Right now I'm on "Derailing Democracy" by David McGowan. (call me an avid reader...) laughing1.gif

Will scan pages now, gimme 10 minutes, huh? smile.gif

(we are legion)
mike

+Quote Post
Comseur
post Sep 6 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #17

bugger. when I try to flip 75 & 77, my program freezes here, sorry.

You hafta turn them around yourself... whistle.gif

http://comseur.com/comlit/74.jpg

http://comseur.com/comlit/75.jpg

http://comseur.com/comlit/77.jpg

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Sep 6 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #18

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,315

QUOTE (Comseur @ Sep 6 2009, 04:28 PM) *
bugger. when I try to flip 75 & 77, my program freezes here, sorry.

You hafta turn them around yourself... whistle.gif

http://comseur.com/comlit/74.jpg

http://comseur.com/comlit/75.jpg

http://comseur.com/comlit/77.jpg

Rob and P4T published on p77, excellent, thanks.

+Quote Post
Comseur
post Sep 7 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #19

sorry for the bad quality, neede to install everythang in a hurry... blink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:00 AM