IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Xp8 Vs Aa77, some tinkering

UnderTow
post Aug 12 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 19

I took my XPlane8 back up for a spin after several months off. Taking off from National 22 Runway.
I wanted to see what the 757 in XP could do for thresholds. So no flap take off, max speed, 105% throttle until I crashed or got bored.

I'll try not to get into any great narrative about the run, but suffice to say it's not easy to control a 757 on full tilt. If there's one thing I've learned about real life 757's, they are built for speed and performance. Ask a pilot I suppose, but I've heard it's not hard to go fast, it's hard to slow down. This bird wants to go fast and fly high. Which means as you go faster, it wants to climb harder. This leads to great gobbing hand fulls of elevators trying to keep it in level flight as the natural balance of the wing to go up gets stronger and stronger.

Ergo my chart of the run as FDR'd by XPlane. It took about 2 mintues from takeoff, I peaked at mach.92, just over 600 knots and 700 mph. I only did this run twice, the first time I overloaded a pull up and broke a wing. The 2nd time I kept it pretty level (at least I thought so) and headed down the Potomoc until I lost it on a correction and hit the water.

And then I got to looking at the acceloration of my run and wanted to compare to AA77. So I found a near matching start point in AA77 when it went full throttle and lined up the graph. This is actually the final 30 seconds of AA77 ReadOut2.

If anything, it's a pretty close match.

Maybe I'll make some more graphs later as I look at other measurements.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simba
post Aug 12 2008, 05:38 AM
Post #2

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,495

QUOTE (UnderTow @ Aug 12 2008, 06:17 AM) *
I've heard it's not hard to go fast, it's hard to slow down. This bird wants to go fast and fly high.

I have spoken a 757 jocky here in The Netherlands and he told me exact the same. The low approach of Hani to the building in the last seconds in the original south of citgo with that speed makes it hard to decent the plane even with the yoke push full forward he said...

Maybe US 757 jocks can confirm that here or give it a try in a certified 757 simulator... pilotfly.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th January 2020 - 10:52 PM