IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some Basic Questions

m20
post Mar 18 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,204

1) How did the alleged hijackers get into the cockpits? Wasn't it required for cockpit doors to be closed during flight even before 9/11?
Under what conditions would it make sense for the pilots to give up control of the aircraft to the hijackers? I would think that no matter
what kind of weapon the hijackers smuggled aboard (or claimed that they had) giving them control of the aircraft would be the worse possible
thing to do, even if the hijackers had a bomb on board.
2) Do the transponders have a button to set them to 7500 for hijacking or does the code have to be entered manually?
3) How did the hijackers get training for flying commercial airliners of this type (757/767)? Can you just walk into a flight school and ask for time training
on a simulator for commercial jets when you don't have any type of pilot's license (or at most maybe a private license and instrument rating for small
aircraft) and then tell them "No, I don't need to learn how to take off or land, just fly around a bit."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunk
post Mar 19 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

I can see your basic questions, that
you are new to this forum.
Maybe, if you could,
give a brief introduction about yourself in the
welcome all! section.

...hold on to your hat,

cheers, lunk

+Quote Post
m20
post Mar 19 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,204

Sure, thanks.

I just wanted clarification on those few points above from some real-world pilots.

I'll be posting on the Welcome forum soon.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Mar 20 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

Hi m20. A couple of those questions border on the "national security" area, and I didn't expect many licensed pilots to answer questions of that nature. FAA, NTSB, and others aren't the most forgiving in this area.

On the historical events that involve the alleged hijackings on Sep. 11, I think that is more open to discussion. Most of the CVR info is said to come from the Moussaui trial, and there are some posts in the UA93 section about that. Also, WoodyBox just posted a link to a big .PDF of assorted information here:

Dulles Controllers On The "loop" Of Flight 77
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=16694

I typed up an imptroptu index for that, but there are many blank documents in the .PDF for whatever reason. A search for hijacker and/or their names should work (search is at top right). The telephone calls (that mention hijackers) are very likely not genuine, and you can find more on that linked here:

Cellphones/airphones - All Fiction?, or calls real and from airphones
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index.php?showtopic=9492

Of course, Paul Thompson's timeline is probably the best place to start on all that- it's the 2nd link of the first post on this thread:

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=13747

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Feb 3 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,552

QUOTE (m20 @ Mar 18 2009, 09:19 PM) *
1) How did the alleged hijackers get into the cockpits? Wasn't it required for cockpit doors to be closed during flight even before 9/11?

'...MICHAEL [Sweeney] stated through his knowledge of AA flight protocol, from AMY [his late Flight 11 attendant wife], it was ironic that the
only two FA's that were stabbed and overpowered were numbers 1 and 5. These FA's were the only individuals to carry cockpit keys on their person.
All other FA's place their keys in their flight bags.
'

~ http://www.scribd.com/doc/14094215/T7-B17-...Entire-Contents

+Quote Post
Truthissweet
post Oct 1 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #6

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,913

This is a basic question from someone like me who is not a pilot or air traffic controller.
This post concerns ACARS. I need some help from a pilot or air traffic controller who is part of this forum.
Lets assume I retired in 2011 as an atc after 25 years while working at Erie International Airport and Buffalo Airport. How much training in ACARS would I have received during that time? Is this type of training ongoing throughout atc career? Does Erie Airport use ACARS? Do all airports use ACARS?
I asked a retired atc last year if he was familiar with ACARS and he said no. I asked him that question because of ACARS on 93 and 175 presented by 911PilotsforTruth. Is he giving me the runaround or just actually not aware of ACARS?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
kawika
post Oct 6 2014, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 1,719

QUOTE (Truthissweet @ Oct 1 2014, 02:34 PM) *
This is a basic question from someone like me who is not a pilot or air traffic controller.
This post concerns ACARS. I need some help from a pilot or air traffic controller who is part of this forum.
Lets assume I retired in 2011 as an atc after 25 years while working at Erie International Airport and Buffalo Airport. How much training in ACARS would I have received during that time? Is this type of training ongoing throughout atc career? Does Erie Airport use ACARS? Do all airports use ACARS?
I asked a retired atc last year if he was familiar with ACARS and he said no. I asked him that question because of ACARS on 93 and 175 presented by 911PilotsforTruth. Is he giving me the runaround or just actually not aware of ACARS?

Isn't ACARS cockpit to company only? I don't think the ATCs had anything to do with this private communications link.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Oct 8 2014, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

QUOTE (Truthissweet @ Oct 1 2014, 03:34 PM) *

As noted, ACARS is really just a glorified texting system between a subscriber to the system, an airline dispatch office, and its various aircraft. Not likely that ATC personnel have anything at all to do with it.

The system was mostly VHF based, but nowadays satellite communication is also employed. It is owned and operated by Aeronautical Radio Incorporated, ARINC.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 01:22 PM