IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

New Nist Photo Shows Possible Evidence Of Thermatic Rection

Paul
post Jan 17 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,978

Check out this photo of what i think is the north tower which is just fresh from the 911datasets.org torrent release 09 it shows what looks like some sort of attempt at cutting through the corner column thatis supporting and taking some of the load of the towers above notice the white smoke rising from what looks like a massive thermatic flare up situated coming from the left hand side of the column somewhere near it's bottom? what we might be seeing is a thermite demolition charge at work and if it really is what i think it is this is cold hard proof that the government was involved in 911 so lets hear what do ya think? It's about time the 911 perps party came to a screaming crashing end once and for all, crash and burn.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

whistle.gif whistle.gif whistle.gif whistle.gif

This post has been edited by Paul: Jan 17 2011, 09:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SanderO
post Jan 21 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Troll
Member No.: 4,814

I think Island Pilot has an excellent analysis of the big picture. I see nothing I would disagree with there. Well stated!

Your understanding of what I have been trying to convey about the destruction of the towers is quite good those a but off in some details... but 98% there. I have prepared slides which help to explain my concept of the destruction and understanding of the structure and why and how it could be made to fail and how i BELIEVE it was. Unfortunately this forum makes it impossible for me to post the slides directly from my hard drive and I don't want to host them online.

I would be happy to convey them to others in email. Send me a PM with your email and I can provide the slides as PDF attachments. Bear with me in a brief explanation of steel frames and the key to the "take down".

Steel Frames

A steel building is erected by connecting pre fabricated manufactures steel "sections" to each other. Most of the sections are rolled or extruded such as I beams, angles, channels, plates and wide flange beams. A steel beam has two parts - a web and flange. A simply supported beam spans between two beam points. When loaded the top flange is in compression and the bottom flange is in tension. Compression "squeezes" the material and tension pulls it apart. Some materials are "strong" in compression but can do tension - that's concrete. To use concrete as a beam... it needs steel reinforcing to deal with the tension. Steel is excellent for both tension and compression. Steel and concrete are both used for columns since both are strong in compression meaning they can carry loads without deformation and failure. A steel column which fails from over loads buckles and concrete one shatters.

The columns of a structure support the loads. The loads are the weight of the structure itself and the contents - furniture, equipment, snow, and people etc. These loads are "transferred" to the columns and then to the foundations which support them. Each element of a structure needs to support the loads without deformation or failure. So you can't built a strong building on "weak" foundations or soil etc.

Strength of structural elements is directly link to cross sectional area of a material. That is it has strength characteristics per unit area. Wood is weaker per unit cross sectional area than steel. And each type of wood and type of steel and type of concrete has different strength characteristics. This gets very complicated.

The twin towers used steel of varying strengths. This was to achieve a few things:
reduce weight (and cost)
create sufficient area for structural connections
architectural design considerations

All the high strength steel was at the top - to reduce building weight without reducing strength of increasing profiles.

By reducing weight you reduce cost. You also reduce the size of the columns which have to support all the loads. Of your design in constrained by column size you might be forced to used stronger steel to fit the constraints. Same applies to beams. If a beam must span 20 feet and carry X load it is designed to carry those loads within a specified amount of deflection mid span. In you increase the load requirement you would have to increase the depth of the beam or decrease the spacing of the beams... or use stronger steel or a combination of these solutions.

Steel frames are "erected". This means that the structural members are connected on to the other in various configurations using various methods to transfer the loads.

Bearing is the simplest means of support. You place the load on top of the structural element. A wall of bricks used bearing of one brick on another to transfer the load. You might not know that you can't have a brick bearing wall of over 8 stories or so because more than that the weight will crush the bricks at the bottom and the wall will fail. Taller brick buildings have steel supports which transfer the weight of the masonry to steel columns via support angles and so forth.

Floor loads bear upon the floor system which consists of the floor (slab) which is bearing on a series of spaced joists or beams

Rigidity is provided by use of connectors which prevent the structural elements from moving. In wood we use nails, screws and bolts. Each of these has its own strength characteristics concerning how much load they can transfer. In addition the friction of two surfaces pressed together makes them perform as a "composite". So nailing two beams side by side creates a wider and stronger beam.

Twin Towers' System

The floor system of the twin towers were a composite system. The concept was to have a prefabricated inexpensive and lightweight system which was easy to assemble.

It consisted of:
deep double (side by side) bar trusses spaced at 80" apart
a light gauge corrugated metal decking
concrete slab with wire mesh reinforcing

The bar trusses were made so the zig zag web bars extended above the two angles which formed the top chord of the truss. These extensions functions as "shear studs" to lock the truss into the concrete as a composite using the compressive strength of the slab to "stiffen" the entire floor and cause less deflection per unit load.

The trusses were connected to the columns and were spanning from facade columns to core columns. However there's a hitch here.

The facade columns were prefab assemblies which had the columns at 40" on center so only every other columns was "in line" with a truss. To engage the other columns in load carrying the columns were connected by 52" high steel plates. In fact, the facade assemblies were actually constructed as follows:

a single 10' x 36' steel plate was cut out to form 3 - 14" wide web parts and 3 - 52" wide spandrel parts. The looked like a tick tack doe shape sort of.

The flanges were then welded to the huge plates and the the outside web was welded 1" back between the pairs of webs forming the 3 box columns. Then plates were wended into the ends of the box columns and drilled for connections. The 52" high horizontal "spandrels" were drilled for connecting one to the other with a splice plate welded to the ends.

Then spacer blocks were welded to the inside facade of the spandrel and angles to that to which the trusses would be bolted with 2 5/8" bolts.

The spacer blocks were required for assembly because you could not fit and maneuver the 10' wide pre fab floor assemblies if there was no "clearance" This meant that the truss did not touch the facade spandrels and that the forces would transfer as follows.

bearing of the top chord on the support angle (held fast by 2 bolts.
support angle welded to the spacer block
spacer block welded to the spandrel
spandrel plates welded to the flanges to form box columns

Each of these connections - welds had to support the full loads of the floor assembly. Each 20' wide assembly had two double trusses in the center and single one at the long edges. Facade side had 8 bolts core side the same.

The top and bottom truss chords were angle sections perhaps as thin as 3/8" of less. As part of a deep truss this was all that was required to support the floor loads. But this was terrible thin and subject to ripping from shear if over loaded. YIKES

Truss Connections to the Core

The floor assemblies were all manufactured to the same dimensions. They were 59'-6" long.

The core columns which supported the trusses were spaced around the perimeter of the core. There were 24 of them - 8 along the long side and 6 along the short side with the "corner" ones doing work on both "sides". The core was 137' x 87'. However the columns were not "aligned" with the edges of the core. They were slightly in from these dimensions and more so on the long axis of the core.

The perimeter core columns at the base and up to the 50th floor or so were 52x22 - 52 in the 87' side and 22 in the 137' side. Above this floor the columns were smaller in plan and by the upper floors were rolled wide flange sections as small as 18x18. The columns were set one atop the other with splice plates welded to hold them. They were aligned on the center lines so at the top floors the column outer faces were effectively further from the facade. It was like a "layer cake" which
steps in as it goes up.

There were only 8 columns on the 137' side of the core which had to connect to the trusses at 80" OC. There were 30 trusses with 20 opposite the 137' side and only 8 columns. Each corner core column supported 10 trusses in the corner of each floor. Those trusses were connected to a "transfer truss" or transfer girder which spanned from the facade to the corner. It carried the loads from the 10 trusses and transferred them to the corner of the perimeter.

The other 20 trusses were connected to a channel section which was 60 feet from the inside of the facade on the long span side and 35' on the short span side.

The channel was connected to the perimeter core columns by BEAM STUB OUTLOOKERS.

The columns were 3 stories tall. The perimeter columns were fabricated with short wide flange beams welded at the level of each floor on the outside of them. The BEAM STUBS would span from the face of the column to the web of the channel which would carry the 20 trusses. Attached to the channel were the identical angles as were attached to the spacer blocks on the facade side. Same two bolts were used to connect the core side of the trusses.

The assembly was as follows. The 26' tall core columns were dropped in place and welded to the column below. The floors were set at 9', 21' and 33' above the base of each column. That's the elevation of the BEAM STUB OUTLOOKERS. Beam studs for the lateral steel INSIDE the core was welded at the same heights - 9', 21' and 33' from the bottom. Lateral beams were then connected to the short projecting beam stubs with splice plates and bolted and welded. On the outside or the core, the inside face of the channel web was connected to the BEAM STUB OUTLOOKERS with a short wide flange section. The two beam stubs - one on the channel and one on each perimeter core column (8 for the long side and 6 for the short side 28 in all) we connected with plates bolting the two beam stubs together and then welded (perhaps).

So load connections on the core side of the trusses were as follows:

trusses rest on angles bolted with 2 bolts
angles welded to channels
channels welded to beam stubs
beam stub bolted and welded to beam stubs using two splice plates either side of their webs
beam stub welded to core columns with angles bolted through the webs

5 trusses in the corner of the floors were connected to transfer trusses or girders
Transfer trusses or girders were connected to beam stubs - bolted and welded to beam stubs on the face of the core column
20 trusses on the long side (137') and 15 on the short side (87') were attached via the BEAM STUB OUTLOOKERS to the core columns.

Beam Stub Outlookers

The BEAM STUB OUTLOOKERS were as short as 12" and as long as 36" from core column to channel girder.

The bolts used to connect the beam stubs were 3/4" A36 steel likely.

Lots of places to attack the floor to column connection path of the loads. And placing thermite or similar ON TOP of the BEAM STUB OUTLOOKER will destroy the top flange and the stub will fail. When the BEAM STUB fails, the floor truss has no support and it drops. When it drops it either pulls the facade in at the other end or shears the bolts connecting the truss to the beam seat (more likely) or the thin steel of the truss core.

Sorry for the long explanation. A picture is worth 1000 words and one needs some understanding of structure and static loads.

A steel frame is bolted (and welded in some areas) together. These connections are, in fact the weakest link. They are strong enough to hold the structure together ABSENT dynamic loads or "attack".

Why cut through 2 1/2" or thicker (5" at the base) steel plates of the columns when you can "drop the floors" by cutting through 3/4" bolts or plates of the BEAM STUB connections to the support channels?

Why cut through all the facade columns when you can let the falling floors shear their connection to those very columns?

Why make this a complex task when it can be a much simpler one?

Why not use gravity to take the structure down by breaking the connections that hold the frame together?

Why not use the principles of statics which hold a structure together to take it apart?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Paul   New Nist Photo Shows Possible Evidence Of Thermatic Rection   Jan 17 2011, 09:51 AM
- - SanderO   The corner sections had two columns and were 2 sto...   Jan 17 2011, 11:29 AM
|- - Paul   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 18 2011, 12:59 AM) T...   Jan 18 2011, 06:29 PM
- - SanderO   I have no idea how hot it is. Although temps can ...   Jan 18 2011, 07:48 PM
- - DoYouEverWonder   Oops.   Jan 18 2011, 09:02 PM
- - DoYouEverWonder   The WTC Towers were very boring buildings in some ...   Jan 18 2011, 09:18 PM
- - SanderO   What was special about floor 81...structurally tha...   Jan 18 2011, 09:53 PM
|- - DoYouEverWonder   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 18 2011, 08:53 PM) W...   Jan 18 2011, 10:47 PM
|- - aerohead   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 18 2011, 08:53 PM)On...   Feb 3 2011, 02:51 AM
- - SanderO   Let's establish some facts about the elevators...   Jan 19 2011, 06:58 AM
|- - DoYouEverWonder   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 19 2011, 05:58 AM) L...   Jan 20 2011, 08:41 AM
- - talayo   It is difficult to know who is right, or who is wr...   Jan 19 2011, 10:13 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (talayo @ Jan 20 2011, 02:13 PM) It...   Jan 19 2011, 10:42 PM
- - SanderO   We don't see the the tilting block blown to bi...   Jan 20 2011, 08:51 AM
|- - DoYouEverWonder   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 20 2011, 07:51 AM) W...   Jan 20 2011, 09:05 AM
- - SanderO   Do You, The NE corner of WTC 2 was not the logica...   Jan 20 2011, 09:14 AM
- - talayo   I can read a passing reference to my 30,000 feet c...   Jan 20 2011, 02:15 PM
- - SanderO   talayo is asking important questions and the answe...   Jan 20 2011, 04:12 PM
- - KP50   SanderO, Can I be blunt? We have all seen the ev...   Jan 20 2011, 06:12 PM
- - SanderO   I don't revert to any official story. I have s...   Jan 20 2011, 07:28 PM
|- - DoYouEverWonder   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 20 2011, 06:28 PM) I...   Jan 20 2011, 07:41 PM
||- - SanderO   QUOTE (DoYouEverWonder @ Jan 20 2011, 06...   Jan 21 2011, 08:12 AM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 21 2011, 12:28 PM) I...   Jan 20 2011, 08:44 PM
- - talayo   SanderO: Thank you for your considered reply. I ...   Jan 20 2011, 08:34 PM
- - SanderO   The high temps observed under the towers are likel...   Jan 20 2011, 09:45 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 21 2011, 02:45 PM) T...   Jan 20 2011, 09:56 PM
- - SanderO   Yes if this was in a liquid form and was associate...   Jan 20 2011, 10:50 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Jan 21 2011, 02:50 PM) Y...   Jan 20 2011, 11:46 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (KP50 @ Jan 21 2011, 03:46 PM) I ca...   Feb 1 2011, 08:29 PM
- - IslandPilot   I find the contributions from BOTH of you (SO ...   Jan 21 2011, 02:29 AM
- - SanderO   I think Island Pilot has an excellent analysis of ...   Jan 21 2011, 07:57 AM
- - trimble   QUOTE So where are the top stories of WTC2? That i...   Jan 21 2011, 11:51 AM
- - SanderO   I think Trimble is correct in that the collapse of...   Jan 21 2011, 12:37 PM
- - trimble   I have just come across a wonderfully long and ent...   Jan 25 2011, 07:29 PM
- - SanderO   They flew away to arabia!   Jan 25 2011, 07:50 PM
- - trimble   *groan* The problem with the "localised co...   Jan 26 2011, 12:30 PM
- - SanderO   I have tried to distinguish the destruction of the...   Jan 26 2011, 02:56 PM
- - IslandPilot   WOW SO! You are right, a few pictures might b...   Jan 27 2011, 03:33 PM
- - BarryWilliamsmb   From Brian Clark on the 84th floor of 2 World Trad...   Jan 28 2011, 03:39 AM
- - SanderO   The corner was actually weaker than the facade pan...   Feb 1 2011, 10:03 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Feb 2 2011, 02:03 PM) On...   Feb 1 2011, 10:18 PM
- - SanderO   KP, Crazy response. I have been looking at hundre...   Feb 1 2011, 11:01 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Feb 2 2011, 04:01 PM) KP...   Feb 2 2011, 08:05 PM
- - bobcat46   In the first video, I am just Amazed at how much h...   Feb 2 2011, 09:57 AM
- - SanderO   Bobcat, Steel can and does spring horizontally fr...   Feb 2 2011, 12:44 PM
- - SanderO   Most of the flashes I saw in one video were all ab...   Feb 2 2011, 08:36 PM
|- - KP50   QUOTE (SanderO @ Feb 3 2011, 12:36 PM) Mo...   Feb 2 2011, 10:16 PM
- - aerohead   Dr Jones found the evidence years ago.   Feb 3 2011, 02:56 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 05:45 AM