IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Light Relief, Musical Instruments - the strange and the weird

Omega892R09
post Mar 9 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,274

Whilst trudging down the road of Baroque music and searching for stuff on instruments that appear in ensembles I thought I would share this with you.

If your Vivaldi stops with The Four Seasons and you like that then I think that you will find this fun:

Concerto in C major "con molti stromenti" RV 558

Generaly unfamiliar instruments played are, chalumeau as in the Chalumeau Solo-Suite by Boismortier , chalumeau is pronounced shallumao, theorbo "Kapsberger" for Theorbo played by N. Amos and violin in "tromba marino" Tromba Marina

Look out for other versions of RV 558 including one by Mike Oldfield.

My favourite version is by the English Concert with Trevor Pinnock and Simon Standage. Another accomplished baroque violinist is Rachel Podger who has recorded some fine Bach Sonatas with Trevor Pinnock at the harpsichord.

The use of period instruments makes so much difference and is why another fine orchestra Europa Galante - leader Fabio Biondi produce such fine Scarlatti, Vivaldi, Bach and Boccherini, the latter composer writing the following with which you are probably familiar. Many people who have never heard of Boccherini know this piece, certainly in UK where it was often played whilst school was filling the assembly hall at the start of every day:

Luigi Boccherini: Minuetto

EDIT

PS. How about this strange beast:

John Doan plays Fernando Sor Harpolyre 1830

This post has been edited by Omega892R09: Mar 9 2011, 01:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 10 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,274

And now for the Harpolyre:

The artist remarks, at 1:39, 'You may notice that odd times I am closing my eyes when I play, because when I look down I - it really freaks me out to see so many strings... .'

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 09:39 PM