IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tips For Contacting Your Congressman, Getting Involved Videos with many Tips

jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 321

http://www.centeroncongress.org./modules/g...volved/base.htm

1) Click Skip
2) Click Continue
3) left side click Contact Legislators Effectively

http://www.centeroncongress.org./learn_abo...etting_involved

The Center on Congress at Indiana University: (began by Lee H. Hamilton I think)

http://www.centeroncongress.org./about/

Find the Name of your Senators and Representatives: (by Zip Code)

http://www.congress.org

This post has been edited by jo56: Jan 9 2007, 11:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
painter
post Dec 31 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Member No.: 16

Thanks, Jo.

These are the basic points covered:

Methods of contact:
telephone calls (toll free number)
post cards
petitions
letters

Letters from individuals generally have more 'weight' than form letters or form email.
A letter does not need to be a tome -- but should cover a coherent thought.
(My position is that it should cover ONLY one thought. IOW, a different letter for each subject.)

The video emphisized:
civility in public debate
passionate but civil presentation
keeping up the pressure
do not be discouraged -- positions do change
"even if you're told 'no' repeatedly
you may have had an impact and you may
never know it."

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #3

I've just started viewing these videos.

Keep in mind this is coming from the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Just seeing the word WILSON peaks my interest. If you remember in the early 1920s Wilson was a patsy for the establishment who allowed the Federal Reserve Act to be implemented (a bad thing).

http://www.woodrowwilson.org/topics/topics...m?doc_id=398826

While you may be able to get some ideas about contacting your Congressmen, etc. Be sure to view this with some scrutiny, as we know the "establishment" has a hand in manipulating our young people and in Education in general.

I think it is good for us to know this CENTER exists in a university (and probably many more) and we need to view this so we know what our kids are being taught about government.

View the Civil Disobedience section and see what they say on this topic.

hum!

This post has been edited by jo56: Dec 31 2006, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Good summary, Painter!

Email is the quickest. So I may try that method first just to see what kind of response I get.

+Quote Post
painter
post Dec 31 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #5

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

I know there are many among us who believe that contacting Congress regarding 9/11 is a lost cause -- primarily because members of Congress have been compromised and now only serve the interests of their primary contributors: corporations and the global elite.

I do not disagree with the over-view that Congress as a whole, and individual members of Congress in particular, have been compromised and/or serve only the interests of those with the most power and money. Forever has it been thus. But the question is, what REAL options do we have here? WHAT MEANS DO WE HAVE TO BRING ABOUT SIGNIFICANT CHANGE? The system of governance that we have isn't working the way we would like it to work and my opinion is the only way to begin to make it work the way we want is to get involved in it at the grass-roots level. I don't necessarily mean that individuals among us should seek out government employment -- although I do mean that in part. What I really mean is that we have to take it seriously enough to make our case, repeatedly, to our elected representatives at all levels of government. The more concise that case is, the less speculative it is, the better. We have to know what we want. What we want needs to be reasonable, and we have to be willing to bring pressure against government officials and demand that they give us what we want.

Every one of us should be writing LETTERS (not emails, IMO) every week to very specific individuals in government. We should be doing this and we should be encouraging each other and people outside this forum to do this. That, of course, is only the beginning of what we need to do, NOT THE END ALL.

Coming from the Vietnam war era I firmly believe that if enough of us push hard enough and long enough, the system will roll over. It is a mistake, however, to think this will be either quick or easy. It takes dedication and, most of all, it takes a lot of people all pushing in the same direction. All this bickering about this or that possible scenario of who, what, how and why is, from a completely practical point of view of achieving our aims, utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter what we think. The only thing that is EVER going to matter is when we get an investigation into this matter that will bring to light, and firmly implant in the historical record, the truth (or at least significantly more of the truth than we have now) regarding the events of 9/11. This is a perfectly reasonable demand. It will, of course, be fought tooth and nail by those who don't want it using every trick in the book. WE have to out-smart them AND we have to persevere regardless of any set-back or obstructions.

+Quote Post
painter
post Dec 31 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #6

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (jo56 @ Dec 31 2006, 06:47 PM)
Good summary, Painter!

Email is the quickest. So I may try that method first just to see what kind of response I get.

Chances are 99.99% that you will get a form e-mail reply.

Even if you send a letter the chances are near 100% that all you will get back is a form letter.

It doesn't matter what you get back. What matters is what we say in our letters. That we say it frequently and repeatedly and that we get more and more people to say the same thing.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #7

I agree with what you're saying Painter.

There are not a whole lot of good choices in what method to use in contacting our government.

Actually, I wish we could all go face to face to our Congressman's local office and deliver our letter, CD, DVD, whatever. If all of us would do just that, it may work better than sending a letter to Washington or even an email that may never get seen.

At least the local office of our Senators and Reps would have a method to get our communication directly to the Congressman.

I think, due to the anthrax scare, mail is still compromised or never given to its intended recipient. So this is why I said email as one recourse that is direct. Both have their negatives, however.

The point is we need to do something. How you do it, is up to you.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Another concern I have is this.

We know some in our govt are into 'mind control'. and along with that goes the question of just how many of our congressmen have been brainwashed on certain issues. I can't imagine this not being the case, with some of them being so easily manipulated.

Who in Congress seems to be independent and thinking for themselves and who we can trust currently?

A letter to a brainwashed, manipulated, puppet is a waste. We should be figuring out who the MORE INDEPENDENT MINDED people are who have some power and focus on them.

How to figure this out? Is there a list of names we can come up of who are the HERO CONGRESSMEN still left in Washington?

This post has been edited by jo56: Dec 31 2006, 03:29 PM

+Quote Post
painter
post Dec 31 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #9

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (jo56 @ Dec 31 2006, 07:18 PM)
I agree with what you're saying Painter.

There are not a whole lot of good choices in what method to use in contacting our government.

Actually, I wish we could all go face to face to our Congressman's local office and deliver our letter, CD, DVD, whatever. If all of us would do just that, it may work better than sending a letter to Washington or even an email that may never get seen.

At least the local office of our Senators and Reps would have a method to get our communication directly to the Congressman.

I think, due to the anthrax scare, mail is still compromised or never given to its intended recipient. So this is why I said email as one recourse that is direct. Both have their negatives, however.

The point is we need to do something. How you do it, is up to you.

Back during the Clinton impeachment, I was one of the first members of 'move-on' dot org and that organization created a web site that generated one of the first on-line petition organizing events. Petitions were generated -- hard copy -- that were hand delivered to Congressional offices. I was one of a group of about 30 people who helped hand deliver the thousands of signatures that had been generated on-line to my Congresswoman's local office (Barbara Lee). It was quite an interesting event, the first time we saw the real power of the internet for political activism. The representative from the Congresswoman's office was VERY impressed with the volume of signatures we'd amassed AND the way we presented them.

Now, as to letters and envelopes, don't worry about it. They have to open the envelopes. However, if you prefer, a hand-written post card will also do.

Here is a suggestion: Go to your local Kinkos (or other copy place) and have them print out a bunch of post cards for you with the addresses of your Senators, your Congressperson and any committee chair you want to address -- or anyone in Congress you want to address. Having them pre printed with the addresses saves time in the long run. Buy a bunch of post-card stamps to put on them. (You can always give these cards out to people you meet, too.) THEN, every week, write a simple statement on one of the cards and drop it in the mail. Do this over and over again. You can even get creative with the whole thing -- if you want.

The point is, you have to make it both fun and easy for yourself and other people to do.

If you don't have a Kinkos near by, you can either print the card addresses out yourself OR I bet there are places on-line that would print them for you.

Just a thought.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #10

I like the many postcards idea.

Could address many different issues that way and in a concise manner.

Might even add a website link to each postcard to support your concern.

It's a way to be concise, persistent, and present your many concerns.

Thanks for sharing your insights from a firsthand stance, Painter. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #11

Find your new Congressmen here: (110th Congress)

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/new...cle=2006&sort=S

109th Congressmen who were defeated, retired, etc:

http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/casualties.asp

This post has been edited by jo56: Dec 31 2006, 03:57 PM

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Dec 31 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #12

Nitpick

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (painter @ Dec 31 2006, 01:59 PM)
What I really mean is that we have to take it seriously enough to make our case, repeatedly, to our elected representatives at all levels of government. The more concise that case is, the less speculative it is, the better. We have to know what we want. What we want needs to be reasonable, and we have to be willing to bring pressure against government officials and demand that they give us what we want.

And I have it:

We can demand a formal viewing of one or two of the DVDs in chambers. All reps in attendance.

A formal, advertised viewing that demonstrates that the same body of evidence that has us up in arms has been viewed by all of our reps. And advertised so that the media can print two sentences on page 239 covering it.

We will not make any statements concerning the evidence, possibly short of the accusation that this CANNOT be the TRUTH.

Once viewed, it cannot be said that there does not exist a valid reason for a re-opening of the (ahemmm, cough, cough) investigation.

This is reasonable, easy to perform, and time efficient for ALL parties.

WE gave hours and hours of our time at the polling stations in putting these people into office, it is not unreasonable to request 1.5 hours of their time in return.

This demand can now be shared with every truth site in existence. We still must get thousands of copies of the DVDs sent to the hill... and we have to do all of this before any planned marches this coming year.

Let's pick an official "mailing" day sometime in January, and begin preparations.

Rob, seriously, you need to set up a team to manage this, just in case one or two of us suddenly lose interest or stop posting for some unknown reason. Count me in until I disappear, because organizing this type of crap is one good way to ask for an accident.

We must concentrate on the newly elected democrats first, focus on the returning democrats secondly, and if anyone trusts their sitting republican rep, then include them.

It is a fair, valid and great question to ask our reps how they can put credence into the NIST report and dismiss us, if they are not putting full credence into the EPA report. And the EPA report has been labeled "shocking to the conscience", one of the most severe statements the judicial bar can emit. (Benzman v. Whitman)

Let's get busy, and let's get busy now.

And a Vietnam vet from MoveOn? I'm a Gulf War 1 vet with a law degree.. all we're missing is a badge...

Another point - I now keep a Webster's open beside me. Even with 15 years of education I make careless mistakes. Everyone be particularly careful on spelling/word usage in your letters to Congress. If you use email, write the letter first in Word and use the spellchecker, then paste it into your email body. Do not allow any room for being dismissed as stupid. They already have us in tinfoil hats, don't give 'em anything else.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #13

Do you think sending one to Pelosi, Speaker of the House, would be a starting place also?

Is she FOR US or AGAINST US?

I can't tell if she is trustworthy or not.

What do you think?

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Dec 31 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #14

Nitpick

Definitely include the Speaker, she is a grandmother and she spills venom when discussing Bush. Pretty much include every democrat in order I mentioned above.

I can only say it again, I work here (DC) and most people have not seen the evidence we are kicking around. I hope everyone can muster enough faith in the mailing program to get the materials sent.

Besides, what have we got to lose? A couple of bucks in postage and an hour in putting everything together...

+Quote Post
jo56
post Dec 31 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #15

Steven,

Is there anywhere else to get this DVD other than eBay?

Also, who produced this DVD and why is it better than the updated LC2?

Sorry if i missed your answer to this earlier. Hard to keep up with all these posts sometimes smile.gif

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Jan 1 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #16

Nitpick

Jo,

"911 Mysteries" comes across as more neutral and objective than LC2. This is just a personal call, please watch it yourself and decide, but keep in mind that the vast majority of people are not informed AT ALL that there is even a movement occurring and to hit them all at once with all the theories only gives them the opportunity to turn away from the facts. Seems better to bring people in slowly. I do consider LC2 to be a fantastic movie, and highly recommended as the second one to view. Check out Mysteries at:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6708190071483512003

Also, look at all the other videos available to view, there are a bunch at the Scholars for Truth website: http://www.st911.org/
Also, Scholars has a list of all the government officials and a host of other very highly placed important people questioning the official (cough) report.

I am working with Rob on the mailing and acquiring of DVDs question. Stay tuned and hopefully we will have good news.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Jan 1 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #17

Thanks for the explanation, Steven!

I see what you mean, and agree.

Thanks also for your work. Need more like you smile.gif

+Quote Post
jo56
post Jan 1 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #18

http://democraticleader.house.gov/contact.cfm

You can email Pelosi a message here.

My Letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2007

The Honorable Nancy Pelosi

Dear Madame Speaker,

Happy New Year!

Congratulations on breaking the glass ceiling (or is it the gold dome?), and becoming the first female Speaker of the House. This is quite an accomplishment, and one in which you should be very proud. You have a very tough job ahead, and I wish you the best.

I'm writing you today because my heart is very heavy about what is going on in my country. It seems to many of us that our Congressmen are out of touch with the American people, as the level of trust is at an all-time low.

We feel that we've not been told the truth about 911, and many other things in the past several years. The distrust is further magnified by how we feel we're being mislead by the media.

There are many of us who don't believe the "official story" of 911. There are still too many questions that haven't been answered, along with new evidence emerging daily about that fateful day in our history.

I'm not sure what the word Democracy means anymore. We are told that we are bringing it to other lands, all the while losing it for ourselves?

I recently found these two 911 videos on the internet. I find them to be fair, informative and very well done. They beg the question, "what really happened on 911?"

I respectfully ask that these videos be shown to the entire Congress, as we feel many have not looked beyond the "official story".

We the People deserve better from our officials in Washington. We are looking for a few heroes to arise in the 110th Congress, take our Democracy back, and reconnect with the American people who place our trust in you.

We are counting on you to be one of those heroes.

Thank you and God Bless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be writing more. Just the beginning!

+Quote Post
StevenDC
post Jan 1 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #19

Nitpick

Sweet Letter !

Keep in mind, if you send any DVDs to the address given on the website, they will not make it. All incoming mail must go through the irradiation process and believe me I have seen what comes out the other end. DVDs melt. Paper becomes crisp as parchment...

You have to ask them for a mailing address that will accept DVDs. Ask them if FedEx is the route to go, and ask them for the FedEX address... I emailed asking for this address and then sent this letter:

13 December 2006
The Honorable *******

(My full address, phone number, and email addresses here)

Dear Congressman ******,

Thank you for your fast response to my email and sending me your address for successful delivery of DVDs. I have enclosed two DVDs that I pray you will find time to view. I do not know what happened on 9/11, but after viewing the videos, I do know that what we have been told is not the truth.

The videos raise many questions, too many to list here, but several are causing my doubt:
1. If heat weakening the steel trusses brought down the World Trade Center, and the heat required to do this would be in excess of 1100 degrees F, then why does the footage show a woman waving for help while standing in the hole made by the plane entering the tower? If she is standing in this heat then she is doing remarkably well. (Painful Deceptions)
2. If heat brought down the towers, then why on the voice recordings of the fire department is the fireman that reached the 78th floor calling for only two hoses to knock out two pockets of fire? Why would an experienced fireman not notice melting steel beams all around him? (Loose Change)
3. Why did Vice-President Cheney order a DOD/FAA simulated civilian aircraft hi-jacking exercise to be operated on the morning of 9/11? This exercise placed 20+ simulated blips on radar screens of aircraft control towers while 4 of those blips were real planes in real hi-jackings. (Loose Change)
4. What caused the pockets of super-heated melted pools of steel that were still under Ground Zero 4 weeks later? Jet fuel burns at 1800 degrees F, not hot enough to melt steel. (Loose Change, Confronting the Evidence)

Congressman *******, I am confident these videos will violate your common sense. Can we please reopen the investigation and answer some of these questions?

Sincerely,

This post has been edited by StevenDC: Jan 1 2007, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
jo56
post Jan 1 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #20

Good job Steven! Glad you posted your ltr also.

Good tips on getting this info to our Congressmen.

January is a crucial contact month for the new Congress.

Doing something may not work, but doing NOTHING is not an option.

This is a test of our true Patriotism to our country.

It's time to exercise our Constitutional rights of Free Speech, like none other.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 08:47 PM