IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thom Hartmann 9/11 Discussion, Air America and 9/11 Truth

Devilsadvocate
post Nov 8 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 551

This might be interesting:

http://www.airamerica.com/node/5801#comment

They are certainly not afraid enough of truth to censor it-
So far.
Let's see how things will shape up...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maturin42
post Nov 8 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Group: Core Member
Member No.: 633

The guy who models rational dialog as a talk show format hosted a discussion of 9/11 Truth Thursday, between Kevin Ryan and the editor of Skeptic magazine. All I can say is that if this guy is skeptical of anything, I would look closely at it, because he is not the least bit skeptical about the official government conspiracy theory. He swallows that down like it was honey. Kevin did a great job of showing up the fallacies - the talking points of every government apologist that has surfaced to date.

Thom is rebroadcast and podcast on http://www.whiterosesociety.org/ for members. As soon as it is posted there I will grab the audio file and put the 9/11 discussion here.

Kevin should be congratulated for all the sacrifice he has made for 9/11 truth, and for his work on behalf of the truth and Thom for not supporting the ghettoization of 9/11 Truth.

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Nov 8 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #3

There are quite a few interesting comments posted there now.
Most interesting thing:
The only ones who apparently think that anyone questioning the official version must be menthally ill are the usual trolls
(and there are quite a few, mind ! Air America is one of the few places I know of which does not censore ! At least, nothing I posted there has been censored so far...!
The trolls make liberal use of that fact, of course- So if you want to post there, don't get drawn into that- just scroll past the insults...)

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Nov 8 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (maturin42 @ Nov 8 2007, 02:09 PM)
Kevin should be congratulated for all the sacrifice he has made for 9/11 truth, and for his work on behalf of the truth and Thom for not supporting the ghettoization of 9/11 Truth.

That's the third time so far they had something about 9-11 (and it's slowly becoming more open; Thom is actually the second host there to touch the subject.
Lionel is the other.)
I think they are sympathetic- in any case, they don't censore posts by users.
(Though neither do the trolls get whacked- But that's a small price to pay tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
Culper721
post Nov 9 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #5

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 396

QUOTE (maturin42 @ Nov 8 2007, 02:09 PM)
The guy who models rational dialog as a talk show format hosted a discussion of 9/11 Truth Thursday, between Kevin Ryan and the editor of Skeptic magazine.  All I can say is that if this guy is skeptical of anything, I would look closely at it, because he is not the least bit skeptical about the official government conspiracy theory. He swallows that down like it was honey. 

skepticism

"Empiricism can guarantee you neither certainty nor necessity."

Belief that some or all human knowledge is impossible. Since even our best methods for learning about the world sometimes fall short of perfect certainty, skeptics argue, it is better to suspend belief than to rely on the dubitable products of reason. Classical skeptics include Pyrrho and Sextus Empiricus. In the modern era, Montaigne, Bayle, and Hume all advocated some form of skeptical philosophy. Fallibilism is a more moderate response to the lack of certainty.

Preconditions for Natural Science

In natural science no less than in mathematics, Kant held, synthetic a priori judgments provide the necessary foundations for human knowledge. The most general laws of nature, like the truths of mathematics, cannot be justified by experience, yet must apply to it universally. In this case, the negative portion of Hume's analysis—his demonstration that matters of fact rest upon an unjustifiable belief that there is a necessary connection between causes and their effects—was entirely correct. But of course Kant's more constructive approach is to offer a transcendental argument from the fact that we do have knowledge of the natural world to the truth of synthetic a priori propositions about the structure of our experience of it.

Query: Did the alleged 'skeptic' pose any objections to applying the most basic laws of macro-state physics to the issues discussed?

Did he have the intellectual integrity to keep his mouth shut out of a pre-confessed ignorance of all knowledge?

You don't suppose the alleged "skeptic" is merely nothing more than blissfully ignorant by design; do you?

Curious term "Skeptic;" especially coming out of the same mouths that wouldn't know the incohate crime of "Conspiracy" if they were pissing on it.

SIYOM,

Bob

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Nov 9 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #6

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

How much of what we see from government apologists is true cognitive dissonance, and how much is deliberate attempts at censorship by government agents?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2019 - 01:57 AM