IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Sockpuppets Invading P4t, Like cockroaches, they are arriving

JimMac
post Mar 3 2014, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,315

Have you noticed it? I've been posting on P4T since 2009, and been in a lot of battles here defending the truth. After awhile one becomes seasoned, developing a radar for the shills, dogs from hell. I want to announce to you, something is up. The paid liars are here, flapping their gums, pounding their keyboards. Be on alert.
Jim

This post has been edited by JimMac: Mar 3 2014, 01:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tonybird
post Mar 3 2014, 07:26 AM
Post #2

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 3,739

Well, I'm recently returned to this forum because the chemtrails discussion is heating up, something I tried to get going when I first joined it four years ago. In the meantime, I was quite active in another forum, one for rockclimbers, but I dropped out of it about a year ago for the reason you mention. We'd have occasional quite heated discussions there about 9/11, chemtrails and related subjects, and there was one quite obviously professional disrupter in our midst, one who posed as a fellow climber but obviously had no real knowledge about rock climbing, one who dumped the forums full of garbage, usually pictorial garbage, just as certain important points were being made. He became more sophisticated over a couple of years, but he never went away. Eventually, I went away. Discussions could never be intelligent when he was around, and he succeeded in turning people against each other quite cleverly by making certain alliances. It wasn't a well-administered forum, so his tricks were easier to get away with, but I just had the feeling he was there because it was his job. Yes, be on alert.

+Quote Post
hanky
post Mar 3 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,076

I thought it was so obvious these last few months, just from the sheer massive glut of off-topic posts. So what do you do?

+Quote Post
NP1Mike
post Mar 3 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,592

Yes Jim I agree with you.
I mentioned this in another thread recently.

Since I haven't been here too long myself, I'm not familiar with many names.

However I do see quite a few regulars who I've quickly gotten to know.

The ones who I am most suspicious about are those who surface after an absence of several years, to make a few posts, which often add nothing new to the discussion.

Trolls/shills, call them what you like, these individuals are obviously up to no good.

Case in point; this thread.

We have 'tonybird' who shows up after an almost 6 year absence to make his second post!
And which topic does he choose to post to?

And we have 'hanky' who shows up after an almost 3 year absence to make his seventh post.
And which topic does he choose to post to?

I have started to make a list of these occasional posters.
I suspect many of them are simply socks that infested this site years ago and their keepers come back every once in a while to keep them alive and give the appearance of interest.
They need a strong contingency force in case an issue is raised where they need to snuff it out quickly.

If any of these likely socks are genuine, they will stick around, post more frequently and *contribute constructively* to the site.

My advice to all would be to stay vigilant, keep looking over your shoulder and trust only those who have earned it.

This post has been edited by NP1Mike: Mar 3 2014, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post
paranoia
post Mar 4 2014, 03:14 AM
Post #5

dig deeper
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 96

"...just from the sheer massive glut of off-topic posts. So what do you do?"

-you debate the issues of merit, ignore the off topic posts (i.e. dont feed would-be trolls), and leave the moderating to the moderators. i just said this in another thread, but it bears repeating here: rest assured, in the end most if not all of the pseudo-skeptics are transparent and expose themselves by way of (if nothing else) their intellectual dishonesty. even then we are not in the habit of censoring or squelching them; if needed we engage them in debate, but even if we dont, we trust in the ability of readers/members to discern what is and isnt bullshit. and unless someone is an outright disruptor, we give users a wide berth, but when its time to for the foot to come down, it will come down.

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Mar 4 2014, 05:05 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (paranoia @ Mar 4 2014, 03:14 AM) *
"...just from the sheer massive glut of off-topic posts. So what do you do?"

-you debate the issues of merit, ignore the off topic posts (i.e. dont feed would-be trolls), and leave the moderating to the moderators. i just said this in another thread, but it bears repeating here: rest assured, in the end most if not all of the pseudo-skeptics are transparent and expose themselves by way of (if nothing else) their intellectual dishonesty. even then we are not in the habit of censoring or squelching them; if needed we engage them in debate, but even if we dont, we trust in the ability of readers/members to discern what is and isnt bullshit. and unless someone is an outright disruptor, we give users a wide berth, but when its time to for the foot to come down, it will come down.

When cockroaches invade your home, what do you do about it? You exterminate them. Cointel pro socks should be treated in the same way. Remember W.C. Field's famous quote, 'Never give a sucker an even break.' Puppet socks drain a forum's energy, as is their mission. They leach good energy, in exchange for bad. Here, lately, they appear to be winning that fight.
Jim

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Mar 4 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #7

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations
By Glenn Greenwald 24 Feb 2014, 6:25 PM EST

+Quote Post
WhisperingWnd
post Mar 4 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,858

QUOTE (JimMac @ Mar 4 2014, 07:00 PM) *

I guess you missed this thread that rob balsamo posted on February 28th... whistle.gif

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22622

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Mar 4 2014, 11:11 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (WhisperingWnd @ Mar 4 2014, 10:04 PM) *
I guess you missed this thread that rob balsamo posted on February 28th... whistle.gif

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22622

I probably did see it, thanks for the reminder. No problem with a link to the article here though, as a supporting reference to the thread topic.

Jim

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Mar 5 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #10

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,552

QUOTE (The Guardian)
Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

~ http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011...social-networks (2011).

"Nano-thermite my ass."

+Quote Post
Quest
post Mar 6 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 145

What I'm curious of is this, if you knew a certain 'member' to be a 100% verifiable troll here just to cause trouble and intentionally disrupt the forum leaving the legit data here fragmented with valued members leaving, why would the site owner or admins not act? Rob? It's going to be difficult spreading truth without posting members and knowledge sharing.

+Quote Post
NP1Mike
post Mar 6 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Quest @ Mar 6 2014, 07:44 PM) *
What I'm curious of is this, if you knew a certain 'member' to be a 100% verifiable troll here just to cause trouble and intentionally disrupt the forum leaving the legit data here fragmented with valued members leaving, why would the site owner or admins not act? Rob? It's going to be difficult spreading truth without posting members and knowledge sharing.

It's good of you to join the thread Quest. The first thing I did was look at your history (join date, number of posts). I can feel quite assured that you are the real deal here. smile.gif

As far as what you were asking.. I'm actually surprised that you are asking this, given that you are a veteran here.

I would think it highly likely that if the admin/mods knew with 100% certainty that someone was a troll here they would ban them without hesitation.

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Mar 6 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (NP1Mike @ Mar 6 2014, 08:53 PM) *
It's good of you to join the thread Quest. The first thing I did was look at your history (join date, number of posts). I can feel quite assured that you are the real deal here. smile.gif

As far as what you were asking.. I'm actually surprised that you are asking this, given that you are a veteran here.

I would think it highly likely that if the admin/mods knew with 100% certainty that someone was a troll here they would ban them without hesitation.

Quest is asking what is commonly referred to as a hypothetical question, to Rob. I'm not sure why you feel its your place to speculate an answer on his behalf.

+Quote Post
Quest
post Mar 6 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (NP1Mike @ Mar 7 2014, 01:53 AM) *

OK, that's good. So we agree that trolls are not good for the site. Now, do trolls make it a habit of announcing to forums, "I'm a troll, I'm a troll. Watch me wreck this joint!" The point is that trolls don't play by the rules, they are liars and hide their true intentions. Good standing forum members should have the right to ask questions to try and sniff them out. Another point, ignoring trolls does no good as they will spam the site as has already happened to several recent threads. They will also piss off members who debate in good faith. So, Rob, what are you thinking? Admins, mods Isn't it funny that they only people who are forever mired in verbal fisticuffs which result in productive, good-standing members being reprimanded by the site owner are members with low post counts who never actually proclaim 911 as being an inside job? Rob, admins, mods, let's get some feedback here. What are you thinking?

+Quote Post
NP1Mike
post Mar 6 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Quest @ Mar 6 2014, 09:43 PM) *
...So, Rob, what are you thinking? Admins, mods Issn't it funny that they only people who are forever mired in verbal fisticuffs which result in productive, good-standing members being reprimanded by the site owner are members with low post counts who never actually proclaim 911 as being an inside job? Rob, admins, mods, let's get some feedback here. What are you thinking?

+1
Hear hear!

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 6 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Sockpuppets are those who have 2 or more userID's registered at one forum. Those people you have accused of being sockpuppets only have one registered UserID at this forum, therefore by definition, they are not sockpuppets.

You have also accused Kozer1 of being a troll...
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...;#entry10811887

Kozer1 is a Core member and was invited here by me!

Jim, tone down your attacks on others or it will be you who is shown the door.

A reminder from the Forum Rules...
Personal Attacks are discouraged and do nothing to advance your argument. Personal attacks will get your "Warn level" increased. If it reaches 100%, your posting privileges may be suspended or you may be banned outright depending upon the severity of the attack(s) and your responsiveness to warnings. Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum Staff reserve the right to suspend/ban for any reason deemed necessary for preserving the integrity of the forum. Attack the argument, not the person.

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Mar 7 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #17

I'm leaving this form in disgust. Rob has my rebuke.
Carry on the good fight, those of you who know.
Jim

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 7 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I guess this is what I get for creating a forum section for those who wish to discuss "chemtrails". rolleyes.gif

A reminder of the forum rules is above. They apply to everyone in order to maintain a civil discussion on this forum. Jim obviously would rather attack others with accusations, and apparently thinks the rules do not apply to him, not to mention the fact he has accused a Core Member who was invited here by me, as being a troll.

If a User has a problem with another user of this forum, do not accuse that person of being a troll, shill or otherwise. PM a mod with a link and we will look into it. If the staff determines that a User is a troll, shill, whatever... they will be placed into the troll user group and restricted access to only the debate forum. If you do not wish to bat around the confirmed trolls, ignore them. Making such accusations prior to staff review and confirmation do nothing to promote civil discussion and only prove to bait and inflame. It is a piss-poor debate tactic. Those who use such tactics will be warned, suspended, then banned if such violations persist. Attack the argument, not the person. The forum rules are clear.

+Quote Post
Quest
post Mar 7 2014, 07:44 AM
Post #19

Rob, forget about "sock puppets". Trolls are trolls regardless of whatever form they come here. Almerie is a troll, plain and simple. Ask him if 911 was an inside job. Ask him if the towers were controlled demolitions in the forum, not in a PM. Let's see where that gets you.

Understand Rob, our only concern is the health of PFT.

+Quote Post
Quest
post Mar 7 2014, 07:53 AM
Post #20

rob balsamo' date='Mar 7 2014, 05:27 AM' post='10811922']
I guess this is what I get for creating a forum section for those who wish to discuss "chemtrails". rolleyes.gif

And herein lies the problem. Of all people Rob, you sneer at this topic while actual scientists and meteorologists are claiming an active geoengineering operation is underway. The trolls and politically correct in the truth movement are following your lead. You show disdain for the topic, even belittling it. You should know better than this as a site owner. Rob, I am challenging YOU to a debate. Line up whatever resources you want and I will do the same. We will use the geoengineering forum here and have an open, productive discussion.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 04:17 AM