IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Nation Is In Financial Trouble - In Both Senses, An opportunity to send a message

maturin42
post Mar 18 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Core Member
Member No.: 633

As a former subscriber to "The Nation", I received a plea for a "membership gift" - money, to help them struggle through a postage increase that, to be fair, puts independent pubications at a disadvantage with respect to more corporate entities like Newsweek or Time. I am not unsympathetic, but this is a teachable moment in which you could make a statement that might impact. Below is my letter to the editor in response to their solicitation, explaining why we don't need another publication that supports the embargo on truth.

If you would like to respond as well, here is the address: http://www.thenation.com/contact/lett

I received your message apprising me of the financial difficulties in which the Nation finds itself. As a former subscriber, I sympathize. There are many good articles published by The Nation, and my political orientation is largely in sympathy with your editorial stance.

The reason I am a former subscriber is because, like the majority of the media, your blockade on information that renders the official myth about 9/11 "inoperative" is total, except for when you are disparaging those with well-founded alternative views. Why you should choose to do this is incomprehensible to me. You are not alone among left-leaning publications in adopting this stance, but it is no less disappointing. The very large body of evidence amassed by the growing Truth movement, as documented in sites such as ae911truth.org, pilotsfor911truth.org, stj911.org, and in the body of work by Dr. David Ray Griffin, at the very minimum, pose questions that, absent answers from our government, cast doubt on the legitimacy of every act of our government since 9/11/2001. The election of Barack Obama does not change that. In fact, failure to appoint a special prosecutor immediately indicts the new administration with every passing day, regardless of the economic crisis.

A "Nation" or a nation that embargos truth in public discourse has a very doubtful future as a news magazine or a constitutional republic. Have you considered abandoning your left gatekeeper stance on the truth and letting some of the most pertinent and important questions facing our political system be addressed in full and free debate in your pages? It might help your financial condition.

As long as you maintain this embargo, a large and growing segment of the public is unlikely to find your political rhetoric fulfilling, informative, or even relevant. Staying on the reservation is not a virtue for a publication claiming to be a champion of progressive virtue. Review the growing lists at patriotsquestion911.com and ask yourself why they, and thousands like them, might question the relevance of your articles under the circumstances.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 18 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Good letter Shelton...

Thanks for sharing...

You're a really good writer too... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Mar 18 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

Yeah, awesome cheers.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 11:14 PM