IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Questions: Mike Low's Calling Card & Woman Ong Consults?

poppyburner
post Oct 11 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,552

Can someone please explain to me how the calling card system works? How can one successfully charge a call to someone else's number?:

'Her [flight attendant Sara Low's] father, Mike Low, later says he learned from FBI records that his daughter had given her childhood home phone number in Arkansas to another of the flight attendants, Amy Sweeney, for her to report the hijacking. Low speculates that the reason his daughter gave this particular number was that she had just moved home, and so, in the stress of the hijacking, her childhood phone number was the only one she could remember.' ~ [US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, 7/31/2006; New York Times, 9/4/2007]

“We had been notified by the FBI some years ago that the calls made from Flight 11 were charged to our phone calling card,” he [Mike Low] said. ~ Arkansas Online.com

Here are the call records if it helps:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13499791/T7-B13-...one-Call-Record

Plus, can anyone confirm for me who the American-accented woman flight attendant Betty Ong consults aboard Flight 11 is, who answers (at 1:37):

"I don't know, but Karen and - BOBBY got stabbed." ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/world...3MCK_video.html

Based on what I've read so far online, astonishingly, no one else seems to know nor care who she is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Albemarle
post Oct 12 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,708

A calling card has a unique account number and a prepaid credit amount. The user can draw upon the prepaid credit to make toll calls or calls from a toll (public) phone. When the user wants to make such a call, he dials a toll free number and is asked to enter his calling card account number. The call is then connected and charges are applied by the minute against the prepaid credit.

it does not appear to me that charges were applied to the home phone number in this case. From what I read, a calling card was allegedly used to pay phone tolls. The home number was allegedly called to report the hijacking. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see anything that indicates charges were assessed against the home phone account.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 12 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Albemarle,

Ah, so you're saying that: Sara Low's father's card was given to Amy Sweeney (presumably with the account number), his card-account was charged for the calls she made with it, AND she called the Low family home to report the hijacking?

I must have interpreted reports as implying that the latter was needed for the card's use (perhaps in stead of the account number).

Makes perfect sense. Thanks very much for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Albemarle
post Oct 12 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #4

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,708

I didn't see a clear statement by anyone that charges were incurred by the home phone, which I think would require a collect call.

I used to use prepaid calling cards regularly. But I can't remember whether I had to create a PIN or use one printed on the card. I think it was the latter, but I'm not certain.

In any case, I am not convinced that any of these alleged calls from 9/11 planes are authentic. If there were air phones available on an airliner, it's hard for me to believe that flight attendants were not provided a phone and a number that they could use to contact the airline in case of an emergency. Put another way, it's hard to believe that flight attendants would not be able to contact their airline without a calling card. Are we to believe airlines had no contingency for such a situation? Perhaps this question has been addressed somewhere at this site. I never used an air phone so I don't know if it was possible to get an operator. If so, certainly a flight attendant could relate an emergency situation to the operator and be connected to someone without a calling card account. Also, are we to believe that Amy Sweeney, a flight attendant, does not have any number committed to memory or stored on the plane that would connect her to someone working for her airline? She has to ask her fellow flight attendant for a phone number to use to report a hijacking? And her fellow flight attendant also has no number for the airline? They have to resort to a family phone at the Lowe's home? And if Amy Sweeney is going to call a home phone, why doesn't she just call someone in her family? A parent, a spouse or boyfriend, a sibling, or ?

To believe the 9/11 conspiracy theory put forth by the US govt, you have to be willing to accept a combination of "coincidences" in number and scope that is without precedent in human history. The odds of all these enabling circumstances, actions, and events occurring simultaneously are so remote that one has to conclude they occurred by design.

+Quote Post
poppyburner
post Oct 13 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #5

'it's hard to believe that flight attendants would not be able to contact their airline without a calling card.'

I was thinking exactly the same thing, and this confused me further:

'As the hijacking unfolded, Ong punched the number 8 on a seatback GTE Airfone and got through to an American reservations agent [Craig Marquis]. The agent called the system operations control center in Fort Worth...' ~ http://www.boston.com/news/packages/undera...onstruction.htm

'She has to ask her fellow flight attendant for a phone number to use to report a hijacking?'

I'm not sure if that's correct (though maybe I'm speaking from ignorance). Could it not be, that Sweeney felt obliged to contact the family of the card's-lender (who was maybe a bit of a Daddy's girl), in addition to whoever she wished to call?

'And her fellow flight attendant also has no number for the airline?'

But didn't she purportedly make several calls-albeit perhaps with some difficulty, to the American Airlines office at Boston’s Logan Airport?

'Flight attendants know the reservations 800 number because they call it frequently to help passengers with reservations questions.'
~ (page 8) http://www.archives.gov/research/9-11/staff-report.pdf

'...one has to conclude they occurred by design.'

I agree. But propagating doubt isn't a very effective strategy against The Court of Public Opinion.
We need to provide an A-Z explanation for how these attacks were executed; which is something the 9/11 Truth Movement has quite pathetically failed at for the last 12 years (I only joined two months ago btw).

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- poppyburner   2 Questions: Mike Low's Calling Card & Woman Ong Consults?   Oct 11 2013, 11:19 PM
- - amazed!   Reading the transcripts, one cannot help but notic...   Oct 12 2013, 10:30 AM
|- - poppyburner   QUOTE (amazed! @ Oct 12 2013, 02:30 P...   Oct 12 2013, 08:58 PM
|- - poppyburner   QUOTE (poppyburner @ Oct 13 2013, 12:58 A...   Oct 21 2013, 10:20 PM
- - FirstUsedBooks   QUOTE (poppyburner @ Oct 11 2013, 07:19 P...   Oct 12 2013, 01:00 PM
|- - poppyburner   QUOTE (FirstUsedBooks @ Oct 12 2013, 05:0...   Oct 12 2013, 08:25 PM
- - Albemarle   A calling card has a unique account number and a p...   Oct 12 2013, 08:43 PM
|- - poppyburner   Albemarle, Ah, so you're saying that: Sara L...   Oct 12 2013, 09:18 PM
|- - Albemarle   I didn't see a clear statement by anyone that ...   Oct 12 2013, 11:38 PM
|- - poppyburner   'it's hard to believe that flight attendan...   Oct 13 2013, 08:56 PM
- - poppyburner   Addendum: Perhaps, Sweeney needed the card for ca...   Oct 14 2013, 09:03 PM
- - roscoe   If I may put in yet another inconsistency into an ...   Oct 30 2013, 02:02 AM
|- - poppyburner   '...Steve Elson, a former FAA airport-security...   Oct 31 2013, 09:36 PM
|- - poppyburner   *Sigh* Update: After watching the 2003 Japanese t...   Nov 21 2013, 05:41 PM
|- - poppyburner   My apologies if this is already well known and muc...   Nov 23 2013, 02:31 AM
- - amazed!   Interesting stuff Poppy. The Commission was not...   Nov 23 2013, 03:02 PM
- - poppyburner   Amazed!, By: eliminated from the public view; ...   Nov 24 2013, 09:54 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 01:47 AM