Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

Pilots For 9/11 Truth Forum _ Research _ On 9/11 Cheney Ordered The Stand Down Of The Air Defense Missiles Around The Pentagon

Posted by: DickMcManus Mar 28 2012, 03:49 PM

On 9/11 Cheney ordered the stand down of the air defense missiles around the Pentagon and the Washington DC area

The jet that hit the Pentagon, United Airlines flight 77 was able to penetrate that highly protected airspace without the proper MODE 4A military I.F.F. response, (indentify friendly or foe – enemy aircraft) and no communications with air traffic control of any kind, no clearance issued of any kind, and yet UA 77 flew a nice leisurely 330 degree turn after passing right past the White House, the more desirable high value target.

The Identification Friend or Foe system uses a special MODE 4A feature that only military aircraft use, and requires special encryption. Additionally, a mission specific MODEX aka SEDSCAF number for each plane is assigned and if it must meet the PLAN OF THE DAY for the area. The proper MODEX / SEDSCAF NUMBER is what enables an aircraft then to penetrate prohibited or military restricted airspace such as that which surrounds both the White House and the Pentagon, as well as a number of military installations around the globe.

Without this IFF any aircraft would be shot down. No “if”s, no “and”s and no “but”s!!!!

The Washington, D.C. area has Raytheon “Basic Point Defense” missile battery armament embedded on several building rooftops, using Sea Sparrow air defense missiles.

In any case, there was plenty of warning that an unknown and presumed hostile target was inbound to the Washington, D.C. area from the area around West Virginia to the east, and more than sufficient time existed to scramble fighters and or light off the Basic Point Missile Defense or BPDMS radar systems. There anti-aircraft missile defenses have been installed in rooftops in the Washington, D.C. area since the mid 1980’s. In all likelihood, there also is a version of the PAC-3 ‘Patriot’ Missile system protecting Washington DC and the White House, which UA 77 went breezing right past, and Secret Service agents on the roof with shoulder fired STINGER MISSILES.

Sources: Dennis Cimino, A.A., EE; 35-years EMI/EMC testing, field engineering; FDR testing and certifications specialist; Navy Combat Systems Specialist; 2,000 hours, Pilot in Command, Commercial Instrument Single and Multi-Engine Land Pilot, Eastern Airlines 727-200, Second Officer
Jim Fetzer, a former Marine Corps officer and founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, is McKnight Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota Duluth.

After the North Tower was hit, NORAD did not move with greater dispatch. It took six minutes to alert Otis AFB who had armed and fueled F-15s. And because they were told it was not an in-flight emergency, these jets had to wait at least 12 minutes idled on the runway waiting to get permission to take off. (BBC, 9/1/02)

Also NORAD did not order an emergency AFIO, Fighter Interceptor Operation which would have taken control of the airspace from FAA to NORAD so they could move commercial airplanes away from where the F-15s needed to fly to intercept the hijacked UA175 that hit the south tower. Then after the F-15s took off, they were sent to an area off Long Island in a holding pattern without a target vector. (Touching History by Lynn Spencer, pp. 111 to 113.
F-16s at Langley AFB Virginia had to sit on the runway because FAA in Washington had not gotten the commercial air traffic out of their way and then these jets were sent eastward, 60 miles out to sea more than 150 miles from Washington DC. (Touching History p. 143)

This ordering the jets out to sea was done by a mysterious source who apparently didn’t occupy the high rung on the ladder. (Air War by Filson, pp. 63 to 66) This was an “inexplicable, indefensible, and a breach of standard procedures.”(War on Truth, by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed, p. 279)

There has been no thorough investigation of these delays, nor has anyone at FAA or NORAD been held accountable, let alone disciplined for them.
The 9/11 Commission manipulated the times of key events. They highlighted the failings at the FAA while downplaying those of NORAD and as noted above, allowed Pentagon officials to lie about NORAD radars as being completely inadequate and therefore could not track the aircraft heading for the White House and Pentagon. Gen. Richard Myers said “we did not have situational awareness inward because we did not have radar coverage.”

This was a lie. This is because radars cover a 360 degree circle. They are not just pointed easterly at the Atlantic Ocean looking for possible incoming Russian jet attacking the US. The government maintains that the radar track for this aircraft was lost over a “radar hole” that exists in the radar coverage map over W. VA., and that as they neither had radio contact with the crew, nor a valid Radar Beacon or IFF code sqwawk coming from the aircraft’s transponders when the track was lost going west.

This was a lie because when and where the government claims the radar track was lost, UA flight 77 was flying virtually directly over an altitude finding military radar system known as FPS-117 that was on top of a ridge. This radar has a nominal range of 200 miles. This radar station was in operation on Sept. 11, 2001, and was not called out in any documentary evidence as being out of commission or off-line that morning, yet the government asserts that a “radar hole” existed in it’s tracking or service volume area that morning.

Gen. Larry Arnold, head of NORAD claimed NORAD didn’t “ have any aircraft on alert at Andrews (MSNBC, 11/23/01). This is false. The Air National Guard at Andrews did have jets, but they answered directly to the Secret Service, which Gen. Arnold knew about. The 9/11 Commission reported that Andrews AFB wasn’t keeping any fighters “on alert.” (Commission report p. 44) The Commission report made no mention of other NORAD units that offered to help and several NORAD pilots telling their bosses at Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) that they wanted to ram the hijacked airliners, meaning sure death for the pilot. “What can we do to help?... Give me ten minutes and I’ll give you hot guns.”

Furthermore the 9/11 Commission report failed to mention that there were already two fighter jets that were in the sky or on the runway stationed at Pomona AFB near Atlantic City, and they were not notified of the emergency. They were close enough to intercept UA 175 only eight minutes away. These jets had bullets but were sent back to their hangers for better armament (most likely air to air missiles).

At 8:36 am three F-16s assigned to the District of Columbia Air National Guard, took off from Andrews AFB and headed to South to North Carolina. At 9:04 am the Secret Service notified FAA headquarters that it wanted “F-16 to cap (Combat Air Patrol) the airspace over Washington” DC. This was when UA 77 was 200 miles for DC. Fifteen minutes later flight 77 was just 50 miles from out. (Road to 9/11 by P. D. Scott, p. 202).

At about 9:05 am Maj. Daniel Caine at Andrew AFB, called the Secret Service offering assistance, but they said they didn’t need help. This was after two jets had just hit the World Trade Center. It wasn’t until 9:33 am that Secret Service changed their minds.

Cheney had stood down anti-aircraft defenses against this incoming aircraft that hit the Pentagon and he delayed ordering General Wherley authorization to get more jets into the skies over Washington. The 9/11 Commission went out of its way to exonerate the Cheney and Bush.

Immediately after the attacks, Cheney order Continuity of Government and the United States moved to partial secret government, suspended the Constitution that morning of 9/11. Cheney was giving orders from Site R, “the underground Pentagon’ sending top officials out of Washington to a remote underground bunker.
(Source: Mounting Evidence: Why We Need a New Investigation into 9/11, by Paul W. Rea, PhD pp. 260 to 270).

The Secret Service, which has been using an air surveillance system called Tigerwall for some time after September 2000, and was tracking both American 77 and United 93 as they approach Washington and assumes the White House is a target. And according to Secret Service agent Barbara Riggs, the agency is “able to receive real time information about other hijacked aircraft,” through “monitoring radar and activating an open line with the FAA.” [US DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, 9/2000, PP. 28 ; PCCW NEWSLETTER, 3/2006; STAR-GAZETTE (ELMIRA), 6/5/2006]

Riggs will later say, “The Secret Service prepared to defend the facility. [New York Times, 9/12/2001; MSNBC, 9/22/2001; Daily Telegraph, 12/16/2001; Washington Post, 1/27/2002; Associated Press, 8/19/2002; 9/11 Commission, 6/17/2004; PCCW Newsletter, 3/2006];wap2

Secret Service’s Technical Services Division (TSD) operates the Secret Service’s Tigerwall air surveillance system. The TSD timeline states that at 9:18 am “SAIC (Secret Service Special Agent in Charge) Carl Truscott learned that an aircraft had been identified en-route to the Washington area.” Therefore, we have officially prepared documentation that indicates Truscott was aware of a hijacked plane heading for Washington at least 18 minutes before the official account says the vice president was moved from his office.

The authoritative command system appeared to be below ground in the PEOC (Presidential Emergency Operations Center) where Dick Cheney was leading the activities. The TSD document released by FOIA shows that when Assistant Division Chief Spriggs arrived in the PEOC, at 9:30 am, Cheney and Rice were already there along with ten other “Presidential and Vice Presidential staff.” Carl Truscott was the lead Secret Service agent in the PEOC, the one who was in coordination with Garabito, and the one who was most closely coordinating with Dick Cheney.

These TSD documents confirm that the Secret Service knew that two hijacked planes were headed toward Washington during the time that Cheney and SAIC Truscott were in the PEOC, and well before Flight 77 was reported to have crashed into the Pentagon.

Author Lynn Spencer, who NORAD Commander General Ralph Eberhart says “tells it all and tells it well,” wrote that “the Secret Service also has certain authority over the military and, in this case, the DC Guard.” That is, the Secret Service had the authority to order the scrambling of interceptor jets on 9/11. And of course, with the president indisposed for a brief period, the vice president was the commander in chief of the military.

After traveling almost 10 miles south of Reagan Airport, the aircraft turns back toward Washington and again appears to be heading for the White House. Padgett tells the Secret Service: “What I’m telling you, buddy, if you’ve got people, you’d better get them out of there! And I mean right goddamned now!” [SPENCER, 2008, PP. 158]

Secret Service Director Brian Stafford informs counterterrorism “tsar” Richard Clarke, (the National Security Council's counterterrorism advisor), that radar shows an aircraft headed towards the White House and decides to evacuate the complex. [Clarke, 2004, pp. 5]
(People will begin rapidly evacuating from the White House at about 9:45 a.m. [CNN, 9/11/2001; CNN, 9/12/2001]

The data released by the N.T.S.B. from UA 77 ’s Flight Data Recorder (FDR) was faked.

It shows the aircraft making a 6 G. descending, 360 degree turn and then accelerating 150 knots faster than a 757 could ever possibly fly at that altitude. Also according to the FDR, the yoke and rudder were not pushed during this maneuver. This is impossible.

The air is too dense at the altitude such that the 757 hit between the first and second floors of the Pentagon. The FDR showed that the jet was flying at 465 knots, but the jet’s engines could not push the aircraft that fast in this denser air. At higher altitudes commercial jets can fly much faster. The flight data recorder also shows jet flying level. It is impossible to fly a 757 in level flight at over 350 knots without the nose going upward. The pilot would lose control of the aircraft. Maybe if the plane was doing a full nose-down dive toward the ground, over 350 knots could be achieved, but the wings would likely break off before the jet hit the ground.

The FDR also show that when UA 77 descended from higher altitude down below 18,000 feet and the alleged hijacker adjusted the altimeter for the exact pressure for the Washington DC airports. This is impossible because they did not use the radio to contract the airport to get the correct air pressure. The alleged hijackers could not have so precisely guessed the correct altimeter setting as was recording on the FDR.

When the aircraft was allegedly hijacked, the airplane was flying on auto-pilot. The slightest pressure by the pilots on the yoke or rudder petals would have instantly disengage the auto-pilot, if we are to believe the hijackers used force to rip control of the jet away from the pilots. The FDR shows no indication of a struggle and only shows the auto-pilot remained on the whole time the terrorist were taking control of the airplane, turned off the transponders and failed to reply to the air traffic controller - aka lost radio contact with the jet.

The initial claim by the government as to why the FDR memory stopped recording too high (380 feet above the ground), is that the recorder failed six seconds before impact. This stopping of recording of data is BS. The FDR is designed to keep recording at the very least, 500 milliseconds after building impact, partly due to the fact that the FDR is located on the Boeing 757 aircraft in the tail of the plane. Also 380 feet is too high to have hit the light poles on the approach to the Pentagon.

More that does not add up about United Airlines flight 77.

The two, nearly 7 ton, RB-211, Rolls Royce engines on this plane were an every so solidly predictable 48 feet apart, yet not holes in the Pentagon outer wall were seen.

Post cleanup of the Pentagon / Department of Defense poured as much as 24 inches of gravel and aggregate in the approach area where the blow-back from the impact with that wall was known to contain Depleted Uranium contamination. How the D.U. got there is a big mystery.
A ‘spook’ U.S. Navy C-130 Hercules flew over the Pentagon and was seen by witnesses directly over head. Later this pilot stated he never got within 4 nautical miles. Why did he lie?

You don’t just jump into a C-130 and fire it up in a minute and launch. Just the pre-flight would have taken several minutes to perform. In other words, it had it’s orders long before it launched that day. This was a specially equipped ‘spook’ bird, an intelligence asset bird, and like the orbiting E-4B Air Force flying command post, which was in the sky that morning as a part of an Air Force war game/exercise, Amalgam VIRGO and other Air Force exercises before the jets started crashing into buildings on 9/11.

Dick McManus for Congress, 2nd CD-WA, 2012
Democrat,Everett/Mill Creek, WA
Chief Warrant Officer/counterintelligence special agent, US Army, retired.

Posted by: amazed! Mar 29 2012, 10:52 AM

Good to see you back Dick, great post.

Powered by Invision Power Board (
© Invision Power Services (