IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Who has information on, the 2.2 trillion that Pentagon misplaced

Method
post Oct 30 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #1

..with liberty and justice for all.

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 65

Title is self-explanatory.

I've been looking around but I can't find anything. Plus, I'm quite inept when it comes to digging stuff up.

Any help would be appreciated. salute.gif

**EDIT**

Damnit, the title should read "Pentagon" not "Congress"....

Help admins? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by johndoeX: Oct 30 2006, 12:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 30 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #2

Was it "trillion" or "billion"? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 30 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Trillion.

Zor over at the Moonlight Lounge posted this link of Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney grilling Rumsfeld.

salute.gif

+Quote Post
behind
post Oct 30 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13

cbsnews.com

zakheimmastermind911.blogspot.com

But I admit... that I have not research this parts so much.

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 30 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (behind @ Oct 30 2006, 08:33 PM)
cbsnews.com

zakheimmastermind911.blogspot.com

But I admit... that I have not research this parts so much.

The first link helped out alot.

Thanks behind.

Cheers cheers.gif

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Oct 31 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #6

Polymeta.com search Sibel Edmonds bradblog

Group: Library team
Member No.: 77

http://www.defenselink.mil/speeches/2001/s...910-secdef.html

I've done some more research on it but it's sort of split up into various places. Let me know what particulars you are interested in and perhaps I can help some more.
Somewhere, I had a link for the official report which lays out the numbers, but I can't lay hands on it right this minute.

This post has been edited by waterdancer: Oct 31 2006, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 31 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (waterdancer @ Oct 31 2006, 12:41 PM)
http://www.defenselink.mil/speeches/2001/s...910-secdef.html

I've done some more research on it but it's sort of split up into various places. Let me know what particulars you are interested in and perhaps I can help some more.
Somewhere, I had a link for the official report which lays out the numbers, but I can't lay hands on it right this minute.

Thanks WD.

If you happen to come across that other link, please post it.

salute.gif

+Quote Post
Tarya
post Oct 31 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #8

Library Team

Member No.: 82

In fiscal 1999, DOD reported $2.3 trillion of undocumentable adjustments to balance its books. In fiscal 2000, DOD reported $1.1 trillion of undocumentable adjustments to balance its books. For fiscal 2001, DOD declined to report the amount of undocumentable adjustments used to balance its books.

www.whereisthemoney.org/

Military waste under fire
$1 trillion missing -- Bush plan targets Pentagon accounting
- Tom Abate, Chronicle Staff Writer
Sunday, May 18, 2003

The Department of Defense, already infamous for spending $640 for a toilet seat, once again finds itself under intense scrutiny, only this time because it couldn't account for more than a trillion dollars in financial transactions, not to mention dozens of tanks, missiles and planes.

The Pentagon's unenviable reputation for waste will top the congressional agenda this week, when the House and Senate are expected to begin floor debate on a Bush administration proposal to make sweeping changes in how the Pentagon spends money, manages contracts and treats civilian employees.

The Bush proposal, called the Defense Transformation for the 21st Century Act, arrives at a time when the nonpartisan General Accounting Office has raised the volume of its perennial complaints about the financial woes at Defense, which recently failed its seventh audit in as many years.

"Overhauling DOD's financial management operations represent a challenge that goes far beyond financial accounting to the very fiber of (its) . . . business operations and culture," GAO chief David Walker told lawmakers in March.

WHAT HAPPENED TO $1 TRILLION?

Though Defense has long been notorious for waste, recent government reports suggest the Pentagon's money management woes have reached astronomical proportions. A study by the Defense Department's inspector general found that the Pentagon couldn't properly account for more than a trillion dollars in monies spent. A GAO report found Defense inventory systems so lax that the U.S.

Army lost track of 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units.

And before the Iraq war, when military leaders were scrambling to find enough chemical and biological warfare suits to protect U.S. troops, the department was caught selling these suits as surplus on the Internet "for pennies on the dollar," a GAO official said.

Missing trillion

Accounting Entries
We reported that DoD processed $1.1 trillion in unsupported accounting entries to DoD Component financial data used to prepare departmental reports and DoD financial statements for FY 2000. For FY 2001, we did not attempt to quantify amounts of unsupported accounting entries; however, we confirmed that DoD continued to enter material amounts of unsupported accounting entries to the financial data. The General Accounting Office “Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government,” November 1999, states that control activities should include reconciliations. However, during the compilation of the DoD Component financial data, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) processed material amounts of accounting entries to force general ledger accounting data to agree with budgetary accounting data, without attempting to reconcile the differences between the two data sources or to determine which data source was correct.

Audit results (pdf)

+Quote Post
Method
post Oct 31 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #9

Awesome Tarya!

Thank you! salute.gif

Cheers cheers.gif

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Oct 31 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #10

Polymeta.com search Sibel Edmonds bradblog

Group: Library team
Member No.: 77

That's the one. Here is more related info for you:

The Quadrennial Budget Review (happens every four years in case you couldn't figure that out wink.gif )was being worked on on 9/11. Many of the casualties in the Pentagon were civilian budget analysts and accountants:

One Army office in the Pentagon lost 34 of its 65 employees in the attack. Most of those killed in the office, called Resource Services Washington, were civilian accountants, bookkeepers and budget analysts. They were at their desks when American Airlines Flight 77 struck.
http://www.s-t.com/daily/12-01/12-20-01/a02wn018.htm archive

+Quote Post
shure
post Nov 7 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #11

Group: Troll
Member No.: 99

all the info is here mixed together

right click and save as to download

http://www.pumpshitout.com/audio/Run_Rummy_Run.mp3

+Quote Post
dMz
post Nov 12 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

Bump from the bottom of the pile. This is an important topic, especially with our current Wall Street welfare "bailout" package(s). rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Ricochet
post Nov 12 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #13

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,225

QUOTE (dMole @ Nov 11 2008, 08:52 PM) *
Bump from the bottom of the pile. This is an important topic, especially with our current Wall Street welfare "bailout" package(s). rolleyes.gif

I agree. Here is agreat site, use the sliding scale to go into detail.
http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?...01defensebudget

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Nov 12 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Last post before dmole is Nov 2006. Since then it has been covered in PBB2 and several other areas of the forum. Try the search feature. Keep in mind the search feature of this forum has many capablities other than the simple search. Be sure to click "More Options" button lower right when looking at the Search page.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Nov 12 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Last post before dmole is Nov 2006. Since then it has been covered in PBB2 and several other areas of the forum. Try the search feature. Keep in mind the search feature of this forum has many capablities other than the simple search. Be sure to click "More Options" button lower right when looking at the "Search Options" page.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 08:32 AM