IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bedbug-ridden Hotels For Airline Pilot Layovers, What does this have to do with 9/11? You'' see.

paulmichael
post Sep 26 2014, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,923

Years ago, I used to see, pretty routinely, flight crews exiting better midtown Manhattan hotels and boarding airport limos or vans presumably to take them to the Queens airports or to Newark Airport for their flight assignments... but then, somewhere along the lines, no more.

Well, the following Reader's Digest article, on slide 12 of the slideshow, entitled "The truth is, we’re exhausted", reveals why: 13+ Things Your Pilot Won't Tell You.

Airline pilot Jack Stephan is quoted as saying:
"When you get on that airplane at 7 a.m., you want your pilot to be rested and ready. But the hotels they put us in now are so bad that there are many nights when I toss and turn. They’re in bad neighborhoods, they’re loud, they’ve got bedbugs, and there have been stabbings in the parking lot."

Meanwhile at the major airlines... according to a recent news article on the subject, these airlines are going super efficient to match their demand for pilots to the decreasing supply of pilots in an effort to keep pilot wages low, low, low.

The majors are reducing flight frequency, cramming in extra seats and modulating airfares so that load factor is way, way up with few vacant seats. The major airlines may say that they need to do these things to remain competitive and profitable, but the real reason is to lower their demand for flight crews, and, so, they are successfully keeping wages low, low, low.

Let's not neglect to mention the utilization of larger aircraft with greater seating capacity and the shift to automation that eliminated the need for a flight engineer.

As a side effect of this, it was pointed out that a pilot may no longer take a career path that was prevalent in the past, meaning a pilot would typically spend five years at a regional carrier and then move up to a major airline. One pilot has been at his regional carrier for 17 years now and is relegated to a lower level of compensation there.

Why has the airline industry undergone consolidation through mergers such as United/Continental, Delta/Western/Northwest, and American/TWA/USAirways? Why, it's for the aforementioned super-efficiencies to reduce the demand for pilots in face of declining supply, and, so, it's to put downward pressure on the price of pilot labor, this, not to mention the reduction of other terms and conditions of employment like fleabag dumps for hotel layovers.

If bedbug-ridden, noise-ridden, and crime-ridden flea-bag hotels for layovers were not enough for flight crews, consider the phenomenon known as "crash pad" accommodations for flight crews in their domicile base cities.

Many years ago, flight attendants earned enough money to allow for, typically, three same-gender flight attendants to rent a very decent three-bedroom apartment in Queens, New York.

Then, with the airlines' (and the corporate world, in general) concerted efforts to drive down wages, flight attendants resorted to mixed-gender accommodations where 12 to 13 flight attendants would share such an apartment in Queens. Granted, these flight attendants would be out a good deal of the time on flight assignments or away on downtime in the town where they maintain a regular residence, but a fact remains: flight attendants have been reduced to a Third World standard of living in their domicile base cities.

Here's the thing: now it has been reported that pilots' wages have gone down so much in real terms that they, too, have resorted to such crash pad accommodations.

And one more thing... bedbugs, noise, and parking lot stabbing are not the only problems at flea bag hotels. I can say with a high degree of confidence that in all probability those layover hotels are meth lab infested.

How can I issue forth such a statement? Well, based on my sampling of hotels in one of the country's wealthiest counties, ALL OF THOSE HOTELS ARE INFESTED THUSLY.

And let me tell you, while exposure over the course of a one-night stay in a drug lab hotel may sicken a person in any one of many ways, a longer-term stay can be nothing short of extreme torture.

NOW, FOR THE QUESTION: What does any of the above have to do with 9/11?

FOR THE ANSWER, I REFER YOU TO MY PRIOR POSTS:
Why There's So Much Dishonesty In Gov't (and In The Private Sector, Too)
American And United Airlines, Two Prime Examples Of My Points
The Minds Of Strippers And Whores Are Very Telling

P.M.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
excontroller
post Sep 29 2014, 10:12 AM
Post #2

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,819

QUOTE (paulmichael @ Sep 26 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Years ago, I used to see, pretty routinely, flight crews exiting better midtown Manhattan hotels and boarding airport limos or vans presumably to take them to the Queens airports or to Newark Airport for their flight assignments... but then, somewhere along the lines, no more.

Well, the following Reader's Digest article, on slide 12 of the slideshow, entitled "The truth is, we’re exhausted", reveals why: 13+ Things Your Pilot Won't Tell You.

Airline pilot Jack Stephan is quoted as saying:
"When you get on that airplane at 7 a.m., you want your pilot to be rested and ready. But the hotels they put us in now are so bad that there are many nights when I toss and turn. They’re in bad neighborhoods, they’re loud, they’ve got bedbugs, and there have been stabbings in the parking lot."

Meanwhile at the major airlines... according to a recent news article on the subject, these airlines are going super efficient to match their demand for pilots to the decreasing supply of pilots in an effort to keep pilot wages low, low, low.

The majors are reducing flight frequency, cramming in extra seats and modulating airfares so that load factor is way, way up with few vacant seats. The major airlines may say that they need to do these things to remain competitive and profitable, but the real reason is to lower their demand for flight crews, and, so, they are successfully keeping wages low, low, low.

Let's not neglect to mention the utilization of larger aircraft with greater seating capacity and the shift to automation that eliminated the need for a flight engineer.

As a side effect of this, it was pointed out that a pilot may no longer take a career path that was prevalent in the past, meaning a pilot would typically spend five years at a regional carrier and then move up to a major airline. One pilot has been at his regional carrier for 17 years now and is relegated to a lower level of compensation there.

Why has the airline industry undergone consolidation through mergers such as United/Continental, Delta/Western/Northwest, and American/TWA/USAirways? Why, it's for the aforementioned super-efficiencies to reduce the demand for pilots in face of declining supply, and, so, it's to put downward pressure on the price of pilot labor, this, not to mention the reduction of other terms and conditions of employment like fleabag dumps for hotel layovers.

If bedbug-ridden, noise-ridden, and crime-ridden flea-bag hotels for layovers were not enough for flight crews, consider the phenomenon known as "crash pad" accommodations for flight crews in their domicile base cities.

Many years ago, flight attendants earned enough money to allow for, typically, three same-gender flight attendants to rent a very decent three-bedroom apartment in Queens, New York.

Then, with the airlines' (and the corporate world, in general) concerted efforts to drive down wages, flight attendants resorted to mixed-gender accommodations where 12 to 13 flight attendants would share such an apartment in Queens. Granted, these flight attendants would be out a good deal of the time on flight assignments or away on downtime in the town where they maintain a regular residence, but a fact remains: flight attendants have been reduced to a Third World standard of living in their domicile base cities.

Here's the thing: now it has been reported that pilots' wages have gone down so much in real terms that they, too, have resorted to such crash pad accommodations.

And one more thing... bedbugs, noise, and parking lot stabbing are not the only problems at flea bag hotels. I can say with a high degree of confidence that in all probability those layover hotels are meth lab infested.

How can I issue forth such a statement? Well, based on my sampling of hotels in one of the country's wealthiest counties, ALL OF THOSE HOTELS ARE INFESTED THUSLY.

And let me tell you, while exposure over the course of a one-night stay in a drug lab hotel may sicken a person in any one of many ways, a longer-term stay can be nothing short of extreme torture.

NOW, FOR THE QUESTION: What does any of the above have to do with 9/11?

FOR THE ANSWER, I REFER YOU TO MY PRIOR POSTS:
Why There's So Much Dishonesty In Gov't (and In The Private Sector, Too)
American And United Airlines, Two Prime Examples Of My Points
The Minds Of Strippers And Whores Are Very Telling

P.M.
It all started with Airline Deregulation, which began in 1977. I was there. It was insidious! Back then, ticket agents, ramp agents, EVERYONE made a decent living. You are 100% correct about WHY it happened and how. Now, the ONLY people making a decent living are a few senior captains with milk runs from Chicago to Honolulu, etc. Fight engineers are a thing of the past. Flight crews from regional commuters are living on food stamps.....hoping some day to get a real job with the majors. It is such a sad state of affairs. And it NEVER needed to happen.

+Quote Post
paulmichael
post Sep 29 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (excontroller @ Sep 29 2014, 09:12 AM) *
It is such a sad state of affairs. And it NEVER needed to happen.

Also, what never needed to happen was the highly, highly illogical institution known as government enforced equality.

Not only does this downwardly equalize wages and other terms and conditions of employment, it allows only the worst ilk to ascend the ranks of management hierarchies.

When the worst private sector managers mix with the worst public sector managers, it's like mixing nitro and glycerin with big fraudulent wars as the outcomes... not to mention, of course, a really, really bad day like 9/11/2011.

Please read my prior posts.

Thank you for your attention to my submission.

P.M.

+Quote Post
paulmichael
post Feb 24 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #4

I came across this article via the Yahoo website today: How much do flight attendants really make?

The article makes note of the meager pay for flight attendants even at major airlines, the long hours many of which can be unpaid, and even so-called “crashpads” and the living conditions there. Why, the article even mentions a junior flight attendant’s sleeping in her car.

This is really nothing new. I remember a Wall Street Journal article, probably more than 15 years ago, about the low compensation for flight attendants. This article noted how Japanese flight attendants were pulling down $90,000 per year at that time while our domestic flight attendants were wearing threadbare uniforms that they had to pay for themselves.

My father died in 1990, and for years before he died, he said, “This country is going to the dogs; this country is going to the dogs.”

I never doubted my father’s word. I just didn’t know exactly how things would play out or how bad things could possibly get.

P.M.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 08:50 PM