IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Question's Regarding Colgan Air #5930 / Us Airways Express., Colgan Air #5930 / US Airways Express

SeekingC40
post Feb 13 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,701

First of all THANK YOU to everyone who created and maintain this site. I prefer hard facts and scientific method over blind speculation any day. So thanks again.

Ok, sorry to clutter up the message board with these probably simple questions but I can't find clear answers on the web, so I figured I would ask here.

On the morning of 9/11/2001 two of the "hijackers" boarded Colgan Air flight #5930, from PWM to BOS apparently operated under the US Airways Express flag.
My questions are: Should this flight although flown by a contracted regional airline show up as a US Airways flight in the BTS.gov database? How would ATC read a flight such as this?
Do contracted / codeshare flights flown under a national carriers flag get tracked as the national carrier, the regional carrier or both?

The reason I ask is because I can not find any PWM departures or BOS arrivals matching what is known about this flights scheduled times. I searched the BTS database for all flights out of Portland ME, on 9/11/2001 and into Boston
including US Airways, United, Delta and Continental who all at some point contracted Colagan to fly their express flights. The closest I came was an American Eagle flight but the times are nowhere close to the story and I really want to
know if this flight actually existed and if it was bound for BOS. The story indicates the check-in was preformed at a US Airways counter. Unfortunately Colgan is now pretty much defunct from what I understand.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that i'm just trying to figure out if it is normal for a flight like this to not be recorded in BTS database and how the process works for these types of flights.

I live in Maine and pass through the Jetport occasionally and the whole story still feels a bit off to me. All I know about aircraft and their operation is as a general passenger and any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by SeekingC40: Feb 13 2014, 11:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 09:35 AM