IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Science and Religion

Nunyabiz
post Mar 7 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #21

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,727

I haven't been on that forum in probably at least a year, they don't allow any honest 9/11 discussion at all.
The moderators are all brain washed into believing the OCT.
Doesn't matter where Tocarm goes because once you are as screwed up as he is you are in a world all your own and wont ever comprehend what he is reading anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrodway
post Mar 10 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,609

I don't see why religion is required for morality.

Most ethics and morality can be derived from the Golden rule (behave towards others as one would have others behave toward oneself)

The only assumptions required to make this rule work is that you yourself exist and that other beings exist too and have similar requirements to yourself. Existence of anything supernatural is not required, God is not needed for the rule to work.

This post has been edited by mrodway: Mar 10 2008, 05:42 AM

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 10 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,727

Actually morality is intrinsically ingrained into the human psyche from our early beginnings of tribalism. To help one another was a basic necessity of survival.
In fact if anything Religion destroys this morality by placing caveats on the deluded theist actions that 100% justify what most of us would feel is horribly immoral & inhumane.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Mar 10 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

I know that for myself and my late father (a collegiate physics professor), science was our "religion." I have spent the last ten years "un-learning" the faith-based dogma that I was ingrained with in the US education and university systems. The Russian scientists seem to have mostly circumvented this Anglo-American "Western" scientific "perspective" somehow, perhaps because of their long-standing habit of copying, stealing, and assimilating what was being done by "Western" scientists.

Here are some good, relevant quotes from the late Dr. Eugene Mallove's Open Letter:

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/obituarie...0513/index.html

"TO ALL PEOPLE OF THE WORLD who have open-minded curiosity, good will, good judgment, and imagination. To Scientists and Engineers, Philanthropists, Environmentalists, Energy Developers, High Technology Investors, Healthcare Professionals, Journalists, Artists, Writers, Business People, Entertainers, and Political Leaders. Whether you are Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or Anarchist, and whether you may be Agnostic, Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist, or some other category of spirituality, this message is directed to all people of good will like you …"

' “The exception tests the rule.” Or, put another way. “The exception proves that the rule is wrong.” That is the principle of science. If there is an exception to any rule, and if it can be proved by observation, that rule is wrong.'
---Richard P. Feynman (1963), Nobel Laureate in Physics (1965)

"The progress of physics is unsystematic…The result is that physics sometimes passes on to new territory before sufficiently consolidating territory already entered; it assumes sometimes too easily that results are secure and bases further advance on them, thereby laying itself open to further possible retreat. This is easy to understand in a subject in which development of the great fundamental concepts is often slow; a new generation appears before the concept has been really salted down, and assumes in the uncritical enthusiasm of youth that everything taught in school is gospel truth and forgets the doubts and tentative gropings of the great founders in its eagerness to make applications of the concepts and pass on to the next triumph…But each new young physicist…is in danger of forgetting all the past rumination and present uncertainty, and of starting with an uncritical acceptance of the concepts in the stage of development in which he finds them."
---Percy W. Bridgman (1961), Nobel Laureate in Physics (1946)

--------------
"Here is how one famous nuclear science professor at my alma mater MIT reacted to my request to him in 1991 to study the summary reports from two pioneering Ph.D. scientists, who had compiled seminal reviews about frontier experiments in low-energy nuclear reactions (a.k.a. “cold fusion”). One of the reviewing scientists was 34-year veteran researcher at our Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and the other was a leader of research at India’s Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC):

“I have had fifty years of experience in nuclear physics and I know what’s possible and what’s not!…I will not look at any more evidence! It’s all junk!” —MIT Prof. Herman Feshbach, May 1991, on the telephone to Dr. Mallove

I hope you recognize that the late Professor Feshbach’s most unfortunate and ill-considered reaction was fundamentally unscientific. It reminds me of the Church leaders at the time of Galileo, who refused to look through Galileo’s telescope at the Moon or at Jupiter, because they “knew” that nothing new could be seen! Yes, many modern scientists are filled with catastrophic hubris; they have become in many ways mere “technicians of science,” and guardians of what amounts to a pernicious “Holy Writ.” Don’t bother me with the experimental evidence, my theory can tell me what is possible and what is not!

If by chance you are one of those who believe that “all is well in the house of science” and that “official science” can be counted on to behave itself and always seek the truth—even in matters of central, overarching importance to the well-being of humankind—you are sorely mistaken, and I could prove that to you with compendious documentation. (If you want to read what happened at just one institution, MIT, when a paradigm shift threatened established hot fusion research programs and “vested intellectual interests” such as those Prof. Feshbach so vehemently defended, read my 55-page report about this monumental tragedy at www.infinite-energy.com.) But as a first step, you should reflect on the broader history of science, which is so fraught with revolutionary leaps and paradigm shifts. These have often been made against great opposition—with revolutionary data staring an older, unaccepting generation of scientists right in the face! Read this Appeal carefully and then reconsider your opinion about who is telling the truth and who is defending falsehood about revolutionary new prospects for science and civilization."
---Dr. Eugene Mallove(circa 2004)

P.S. This post is NOT about cold fusion. If one thinks it is, they have missed the point in its entirety. wink.gif

This post has been edited by dMole: Mar 10 2008, 05:43 PM

+Quote Post
lunk
post Mar 10 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

I some times think that
there are 2 types
of people in the world,
and I am both of them.

the exception to the rule
lunk

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th October 2019 - 07:01 PM