IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The War Against Us All: Part 2, 8thEstate: Focus: War on Drugs Hoax

painter
post Aug 21 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #1

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 16

I don't see any way to embed this video. It is a thorough (3.5 hours!) exposition on the War on Drugs. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the WoD -- how it was used from the Nixon era through the Clinton era and was the policy precedent for the "War on Terror," this is a must see.

Edit to add... Even if you don't want to watch the whole thing, the recording of Tom Mabe ripping a telemarketer is very funny and occurs within the first couple minutees. HIGHLY recommended laugh.gif

Deception by media and government is not the exception to the rule, it is the rule and was the rule long before 9/11. You've been lied to about everything. Technically this presentation is better than the first 8thEstate video episode. It focuses on a variety of related issues, beginning with a knock against Gore's "Live Earth" and the corporatocracy but moves on to discuss the big business of the drug trade and the WoD. It focuses in on Marijuana and Hemp but covers a lot of other things you may not know.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...632768749&hl=en

Most of the information here was something I already knew. My awareness of the WoD and its relationship to the 'invisible government' is where I came into this story -- and from which I deduced that a "9/11 like" event was inevitable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 21 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

I became aware of the fraud and harm of the drug prohibition in 1982 when I read the classic and fantastic book LICIT & ILLICIT DRUGS, by, of all groups, Consumer's Union. Who woulda thunk?

Anyway, yes, it has been a seamless transition from the War on Drugs to the War on Terror. Two illegitimate and fraudulent policies meant to enrich the shadow government.

+Quote Post
Quest
post Aug 22 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 145

Thanks Painter, I'll give it a watch. thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Lasthorseman
post Aug 22 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #4

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 360

War on drugs??? WTF, are we not the most medicated population of all time.
Hell you can even volunteer to be a medical guinea pig these days.

+Quote Post
painter
post Aug 22 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #5

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (Lasthorseman @ Aug 22 2007, 04:25 PM)
War on drugs??? WTF, are we not the most medicated population of all time.
Hell you can even volunteer to be a medical guinea pig these days.

Which is why we used to call it the "War on Some Drug" -- Use OUR drugs, they're FDA approved, made from chemicals in factories and cost you a lot of money. Don't use YOUR drugs, they're from plants you can grow at home and we can't control their production and consumption!" Etc.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Aug 22 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Ragin Cajun

Member No.: 5

Damn Painter. I'm about 3 hours into this thing. Fantastic stuff. Goes back to the root of the police state. As a life long conservative, I've been for the legalization of most street drugs since I was about 19. Made quite the stir in the SGA (student government assoc.) back in the mid 70's when I proposed the support of a resolution from NORML to legalize marijuana use on campus. Not that I used it, but thought the use of it should be legal. I mean hell, alcohol and tobacco are "legal." What's the problem with MJ????

Somebody wants to do coccaine, meth, heroin, barbituates, speed, whatever the f*ck, I don't care. You gotta steal, rob, murder to keep your habit up?? Go to jail for that, not doing some drugs. Might as well arrest liquor and tobacco distributors if you're going to arrest people for "drugs." Make that sh*t legal and put a tariff on it. That's where the federal govt. is supposed to get their revenue from. Control the flow and clean it up so some asshole doesn't shoot up "draino" he/she thought was heroin. And yeah, my brothers who are doctors, saw that happen several times coming through the ranks. My thoughts anyway.

+Quote Post
Guinan
post Aug 22 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 72

How very 'Dutch' you are Cary, that's what we've been preaching for years !

+Quote Post
Cary
post Aug 22 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #8

Ragin Cajun

Member No.: 5

Guinan, I ain't Dutch. Just a believer in what is supposed to be the controlling document of this FUBAR nation. If that's "Dutch," so be it.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 22 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #9

No drug warrior can answer the question "where in the US Constitution is the government authorized to tell a citizen what he may or may not ingest?"

He cannot answer that question because there IS no place in the document empowering the government with such a function. In short, the drug prohibition is unconstitutional.

But boy, is it good for the police state and the Prison Industrial Complex.

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Aug 22 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 710

indeed it is.

one of the salient sites is dean becker's drug truth network.

the harrison act as it pertained to cannabis was promoted by the most yellow press publisher of the day, william randolph hearst, in concert with dupont and a host of other tree converters.

they all recognized that hemp, grown fast and cheaply, virtually everywhere, would eliminate the value of their pulping assets, their timber properties.

the aspect of this situation that goes undiscussed is how tree to paper production concentrates the newspapers into a few hands.

hemp to paper production would have unleashed newsprint to the many.

the drug war is, at its heart, an effort to prolong the enserfdom of the amerikan populace.

+Quote Post
painter
post Aug 22 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #11

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (Cary @ Aug 22 2007, 05:17 PM)
Damn Painter. I'm about 3 hours into this thing. Fantastic stuff. Goes back to the root of the police state. As a life long conservative, I've been for the legalization of most street drugs since I was about 19. Made quite the stir in the SGA (student government assoc.) back in the mid 70's when I proposed the support of a resolution from NORML to legalize marijuana use on campus. Not that I used it, but thought the use of it should be legal. I mean hell, alcohol and tobacco are "legal." What's the problem with MJ????

Somebody wants to do coccaine, meth, heroin, barbituates, speed, whatever the f*ck, I don't care. You gotta steal, rob, murder to keep your habit up?? Go to jail for that, not doing some drugs. Might as well arrest liquor and tobacco distributors if you're going to arrest people for "drugs." Make that sh*t legal and put a tariff on it. That's where the federal govt. is supposed to get their revenue from. Control the flow and clean it up so some asshole doesn't shoot up "draino" he/she thought was heroin. And yeah, my brothers who are doctors, saw that happen several times coming through the ranks. My thoughts anyway.

You guys might be interested in the RAT PARK STUDY done by Dr. Bruce K Alexander in the 1970s

Rat Park
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Rat park)

Rat Park was a study into drug addiction conducted in the 1970s by American psychologist Bruce K. Alexander at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, Canada.

Alexander's hypothesis was that drug addiction is a myth, and that the apparent addiction to morphine commonly observed in laboratory rats exposed to it is attributable to their living conditions, and not to any addictive property of the drug itself. [1] He told the Canadian Senate in 2001 that experiments in which laboratory rats are kept isolated in cramped metal cages, tethered to self-injection apparatus, show only that "severely distressed animals, like severely distressed people, will relieve their distress pharmacologically if they can." [2]

To test his hypothesis, Alexander built Rat Park, a 200-square-foot (18.6 m) housing colony, 200 times the square footage of a standard laboratory cage. There were 1620 rats of both sexes in residence, an abundance of food, balls and wheels for play, and private places for mating and giving birth. [3] The results of the experiment appeared to support his hypothesis. Rats who had been forced to consume morphine hydrochloride for 57 consecutive days were brought to Rat Park and given a choice between plain tap water and water laced with morphine. For the most part, they chose the plain water. "Nothing that we tried," Alexander wrote, "... produced anything that looked like addiction in rats that were housed in a reasonably normal environment." [1]

The two major biology journals, Science and Nature, rejected Alexander's paper, which appeared instead in Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior, a respectable but much smaller journal, and the paper's publication attracted no response. [4] Because of the lukewarm reception, Simon Fraser University withdrew Rat Park's funding.

More at source.

A few things not comonly known:

1) Satistics for heroin "overdoses" are not accurate. Reason: It is common practice for big-city morgues to tag the "cause of death" of a corpse with tracks as "overdose" without doing a costly autopsy to determine the actual cause of death. The cause may not have been an "overdose" of heroine (which is actually difficult to achieve -- especially in an established addict) but, rather, death from an adulterant. It may not be 'Drano' as suggested by Cary but typical adulterants are diamorphine, narcotine, papaverine, quinine, procaine, noscapine, etc. The corpse is tagged and the tag is logged -- and it is this log which is used for determining "overdose" statistics.

2) Addicts generally say that it is more difficult to kick a nicotine habit than heroine. The withdrawal from heroin may be more intense, but is easier to 'resist' than nicotine once the withdrawal is complete. I've never used heroine but I can attest to the difficulty of kicking nicotine. I've been an off again on again user my whole adult life (currently 'on' due to stress).

3) Marijuana is the most used "illicit" drug. Charles Whitebread, Professor of Law, USC Law School, tells the story of how Marijuana (and other drugs) became "illicit" in a speech to the California Judges Association 1995 annual conference. In this speech he tells the humorous experience of going to the Library of Congress to obtain the Congressional Record for the hearings conducted in 1937. "You want to know how brief the hearings were on the national marijuana prohibition? ... When we asked at the Library of Congress for a copy of the hearings, to the shock of the Library of Congress, none could be found. We went "What?" It took them four months to finally honor our request because -- are you ready for this? -- the hearings were so brief that the volume had slid down inside the side shelf of the bookcase and was so thin it had slid right down to the bottom inside the bookshelf. That's how brief they were. They had to break the bookshelf open because it had slid down inside."

4) It is not the DEA that sets government policy regarding drug scheduling. This policy is established by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Canabis (Marijuana) is included in the same drug scheduling category as Heroine and LSD--Schedule 1 (most prohibited)--which, by law, states that the substance contained therein must meet two criteria: a) a "high level of abuse potential" and b ) "no known medical use." On numerous occasions, HHS has been formally petitioned by Marijuana activists to reschedule Canabis due to new scientific research that indicates that Canaabis does not meet either of these criteria. HHS has denied these petitions as recently as 1996 and has been sued by activists as recently as February of this year.
toke.gif

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Aug 23 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #12

at its heart, the war on drug is a race war. white fascist bastids destroying the non-white communities.

as a mathematical matter, as a percentage of the us population, on a per capita basis, the numbers of blacks incarcerated for drug offenses exceeds the number of blacks incarcerated in south africa during the worst era of apartheid. in fact, it may even exceed the number of palestinians incarcerated by israel.

and there is no question that the drug war is targeted as a rascist mechanism.

i have first hand knowledge. i grew up in this very upper class city in ohio. the sons and daughters of those that ran that state, did lots of snow, and reefer. and from time to time, opium.

busting these sons & daughters would have been so easy. but they were protected.

at the same time, central ohio citizens of the black persuasion were being busted and incarcerated with routine regularity.

i shall never forget when one of the major drug dealers in ohio was busted with his trailer lot of blow and weed north of marietta. he was the son of a major ohio family. very wealthy. white.

the story he told was this...the ohio state highway patrol gave him a phone to call his father. who immediately called the president of the precursor to bankone[a close family friend]. on a saturday night, the bank was opened, the vault was opened, and mucho dinero was removed.

a helicopter was chartered. his father choppered into the bust site with a suitcase filled with cash.

the suitcase was delivered to the representatives of the dea, the ohio state highway patrol.

the son was allowed to drive on with his load of cocaine and cannabis.

it wasn't seized.

and that is part of the real history of the drug war.

by the way, this drug-runner's family were perfervid republicans and major supporters of the bushists.

and if you want to go deeper into governmental drug-running, just ask me for similar stories.

as dean becker advocates, shut down this war.

+Quote Post
painter
post Aug 23 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #13

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

I agree, albertchampion, that it is predominantly a racest war. But it is also a classist war and a political war. These may be secondary aspects, but they are aspects. Here is something I wrote over ten years ago:
Arm Yourself Against The War On Drugs

Against The "War On Drugs"

Let us be clear: There is not now, nor has there ever been, a "War
on Drugs."

What there is is a cynical program of political duplicity;
the intent of which is not to prevent drug abuse (which it
encourages), but to create a climate of distrust, fear, hostility, alienation,
divisiveness, and violence within our society. The so called "War
on Drugs" is in reality a war of cultural prejudice waged primarily
against the young, the poor, the non-white and the socially disaffected
to the advantage of the Elected, the Corporate, the Privileged and the
Few.

President Nixon launched this war against American citizens in 1968,
at a time of extreme political and social unrest. For Nixon, it was a method
of "getting even" with "uppity blacks," "radical
leftists" and "dirty" hippies" that he and the nefarious
interests he represented (especially those who benefited economically from
the war in Vietnam) regarded as "second class citizens" and "traitors"
to the American way of life.

On the contrary: What we were doing then, and what we are doing now,
is trying to liberate America from a reign of political and economic tyranny
that is sustained by rhetorical propaganda and misinformation. We love
America and the Constitution and wish nothing more than to see her succeed
in her Great Promise of providing Freedom and Justice for All. Those who
oppose this very High Aim, whether out of ignorance, greed or bigotry,
are the true enemies of our nation and its Constitution.

Dividing Americans against themselves, making them mistrust, fear and
wage war against their fellow citizens: This is what the so called "War
on Drugs" was meant to do--and that is precisely what it has done
and is doing
--far more successfully than even Richard Nixon could have
hoped. What better way to destroy the gains blacks were making through
the Civil Rights movement than to flood the ghettos with drugs which addict
thousands of users, offering the allure for "quick" money and
escape from poverty, while simultaneously creating divisions and violent
"turf wars" between ghetto gangs? All this while creating the
political justifications and judicial sanctions for increasingly militaristic
police "crack downs," arresting, incarcerating (killing when
necessary) and ruining the lives of hundreds of thousands of black men,
their families and their communities.

After Nixon, both Ronald Regan and George Bush found their own uses
for the "War on Drugs." Besides the political advantages of "getting
tough" on the very crime and violence that prohibition inevitably
engenders, drug smuggling by covert factions within the federal system
itself created vast sums of unregulated money to fund illegal military
operations outside our nations boarders. What began as a cynical attitude
of social malice quickly turned into a bad habit of deception and corruption.
Nothing, my friends, is more addictive than power.

At this point in our history--the election year of 1996--this
insidious and increasingly malignant and militaristic policy is still with
us. And to judge by President Clinton's appointment of General
Barry McCaffrey
as "Drug Czar," it may be about to get much
worse. This so called "policy" has become such a part of our
media conditioned perception of reality that it is difficult to imagine
an America without it. Anyone who publicly opposes the inflamed rhetoric
or tries to bring rational, informed discussion to the issue, is branded
a "traitor," characterized as a "drug pusher" or worse--in
precisely the same way leftists were branded as "communists"
in the McCarthy era of the 1950s. Witness the forced resignation of Surgeon
General Jocylin Elders after she took an informed and reasoned position
of leadership on this issue. She understood, as more and more Americans
are coming to understand, that making criminals of drug users not only
does not solve the problems associated with drug abuse, it exacerbates
them far beyond the harms of the drugs. Indeed, with forfeiture laws and
the kinds of invasions of our privacy that it allows, the "War on
Drugs" has put the civil liberties of all citizens in jeopardy.

It is time for us to ARM OURSELVES against this misguided tyranny
with information, with conviction and with every legal strategy for a redress
of grievances that our Constitution allows.

Thank You,

+Quote Post
Wingmaster05
post Aug 23 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 487

Awesome, I saw this load in my podcast list the other day but have yet to sit down and watch it. Let's hope to see more fanfare for 8th estate productions (both current and previous) with the video format, the information contained within seems so damn good.

And albertchampion,
if you could PM me or write back here if your fine with it some more details to the Ohio drug story. I am a semi recent new resident in Ohio and I live north of Marietta... not to mention the city I live in is the perfect avenue for drug trafficking east to west and north to south. So I'd say there is a chance this story is very close to home (and that does not surprise me).

+Quote Post
chucksheen
post Aug 23 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 208

RIP Gary Webb sad.gif

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/decem...ebbmurdered.htm

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/13/1457240

This post has been edited by chucksheen: Aug 23 2007, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Aug 23 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #16

as you may know, gary was assassinated.

his research into the bushit drug cartel had to be snuffed.

there was this strange guy, mike ruppert, who attempted to assert that gary offed himself.

ruppert is/was a very strange duck. i bought him lunch some years ago. at chez mimi in santa monica. so as to assess his veracity.

nuttier than a fruitcake. oh, he had some notions that would play for the ignoramus segment of the populace. but, from a spook perspective, he knew nothing.

the weirdest thing was leaving chez mimi. we were walking side by side. i was on the street side. all of a sudden, ruppert jumped away exclaiming that "they" were trying to run him down.

hello. i was the vulnerable guy. and there was no traffic.

so, i concluded that ruppert was/is a nutter.

and nothing has convinced me that i analyzed him inaccurately.

as some have noted, adnan khashoggi runs him.

and that is another story of the secret state in which i was involved.

for another time.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 23 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #17

Albert

Two points: The Harrison Act had nothing to do with pot, only cocaine and opiates, and was passed in 1914. The Marijuana Tax Act was passed in 1937 and your info about the Hearst and DuPont connection was accurate.

I am reading Michael Ruppert's book Crossing the Rubicon right now, and he never suggests that Webb "offed himself". On the contrary, he claimed to have cooperated with Webb in his investigation of CIA connection to cocaine trafficking. He was supportive of the man and has not said one unkind word about him yet, and I am about a third of the way through the book.

Webb was taken out by the CIA and the powers-that-be.

+Quote Post
Wingmaster05
post Aug 29 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #18

Listening to it now, it's great. The video doesn't appear to be working for podcasting uses but i am on the go now so I'll just have to wait.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Oct 13 2008, 01:11 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

Bump for move to Multimedia, and this is an excellent video if it's the one I'm thinking of.

+Quote Post
Wingmaster05
post Nov 18 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (albertchampion @ Aug 21 2007, 12:32 AM) *
indeed it is.

one of the salient sites is dean becker's drug truth network.

the harrison act as it pertained to cannabis was promoted by the most yellow press publisher of the day, william randolph hearst, in concert with dupont and a host of other tree converters.

they all recognized that hemp, grown fast and cheaply, virtually everywhere, would eliminate the value of their pulping assets, their timber properties.

the aspect of this situation that goes undiscussed is how tree to paper production concentrates the newspapers into a few hands.

hemp to paper production would have unleashed newsprint to the many.

the drug war is, at its heart, an effort to prolong the enserfdom of the amerikan populace.

I never caught this the first time around. Thanks Albert.

(bump)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 12:11 AM