IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Folds Of Time, ...ponderings

lunk
post May 21 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

I mean this only in jest, but...

I remember reading a science fiction novel about the folds of time... or perhaps, in time. I couldn't remember the author... sorry...
But, if I remember, it was about the universe being split into two possibilities at every moment.

Every time you make a decision, one way or the other, both things happen, and another, entire universe is created, with each decisions, or possibility.

WELCOME TO THE lunk UNIVERSE!

I apparently own and run this universe that you have happened to arrive in.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As I have just realized this truth, myself, this universe may seem a little messed up at the moment.
It is.
I'm trying my darndest to rectify the problems,
but, like you're trying to come to grips that "this is my universe;"
I am still trying to come to grips with "this is my universe," too.
...and that is even harder!

I mean, here I am, living in an infinite number of infinite universes, all of which are infinite on their own...but I have to be ruler, commander, and chief, of this particular one,
starting as soon as I realized it.

ugg.

All I can say, is I'll do my best, to alleviate unnecessary suffering, and do what I can to make my (this) universe to be a much better place, than it is now.

cheers, lunk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ricochet
post May 21 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,225

I think the book was "A Wrinkle in Time". Sounds familiar, and by the way this is my universe ou happen to be in. Or our universes crossed paths...or no of this is really happening...

+Quote Post
lunk
post May 21 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I think that this is a good philosophy for everyone.

Whatever, you thought yourself to be, in this world,
is irrelevant, to what you are now, that is,
the ONE running the universe.

...of course, nobody will recognize you, for this, yet,
and that may be a good thing too.

...but if this was true, for you, and you knew that this was your very own universe, would you do things differently?

I'm still puzzling this notion.

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post May 22 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,274

QUOTE (lunk @ May 19 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I'm still puzzling this notion.

Hum! How come Dick Cheney has just re-appeared in my universe?

How dare he! How dare he!

+Quote Post
lunk
post May 22 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

If this universe is infinite, then there would be an infinite number of universes just like it, out there with just one thing different. So there probably is a universe where a Dick is ruling it, but it probably got too many wars going on, to want to be there,
...if it still is there...

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post May 23 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #6

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,274

QUOTE (lunk @ May 20 2009, 08:06 PM) *
...if it still is there...

Probably not as it had a non-recoverable heart attack.

I don't know if the Dick had one of those so how did the doc's manage to find one to fix it?

+Quote Post
lunk
post May 23 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I guess, if the universe is infinite, and we are just, finite,
then, relative to the universe, we would be...
...no matter.

Either the universe is finite,
or each of us must be, in some way,
just as infinite as the universe,
or we wouldn't exist.

Perhaps there is a flaw in this logic,
but the thought, sure feels good.

+Quote Post
lunk
post May 29 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

At any moment, one, makes a decision, like to go, left, rather than, right,
two entirely different futures could occur, depending on the decision...

...and the universe splits, again, and the two universes go expanding on,
off, in their own infinite directions.

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Jun 1 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,315

ok, against my better judgement...which is never perfect at the best of times... i'm going to dig in here with a question which is metaphysical.

Have any of you cats ever had a dream which came true?

I did just one time. It rocked my world.

It was mid november 1977, so 32 years ago.

Fortunately, I had solid proof of it. I had the seeming innocent dream at about 6:20AM, and I woke up in the middle of it, which then became the end of the dream. I was a bit perplexed by the dream, and at the same moment in time, my GF, a school teacher, was awakened by my waking. So i verbalised the dream to her briefly because it was so odd, and then we both went back to sleep for about 30 min before the alarm buzzed. I think maybe that was why it stuck in my memory, the verbalisation.

December 23rd i flew home for Christmas. Dec 26th i called a high school buddy to say hello and wish him a Merry Christmas. I told him I was flying out the next day. He said you can't. You must come to the local bar, where his band was playing on the weekend. After some convincing on his part, I called the airline, and moved my flight to the Saturday and attended the friend's performance Friday night, the evening before the flight, along with a crowd of old friends.

It was there in that bar, with buddy up on the stage wailing rockin roll tunes that the dream unfolded. The dream had been of a one-armed fellow i went all the way thru grade school with since grade one. He had a prosthetic arm due to a farm accident. I hadn't seen him in some years because he dropped out of high school early and went away somewhere to work. He was sitting with a woman i took to be his wife. It was a simple dream. I looked over at him, he looked at me. Eyes locked for a second in recognition. We did not acknowledge each other particularly more than just the look back and forth. We both looked away simultaneously. In the course of the gaze, a blonde waitress walked between our positions carrying a tray of beer. I knew the waitress well.

That was it. I sat there for a few moments staring over blankly in his direction, as if in a trance. I knew i had discussed the one-armed fellow by name and the dream with the girlfriend six weeks earlier so it wasn't just a deja vu, it was real, but the accompanying feeling was the same only magnified because it was an event i really had viewed in advance. I never forgot it. Today i hold a crystal clear memory of that 3 seconds in time even when most memories are well faded. The shock of it i think embeded the memory in a special place in my brain.

I though a lot about that dream and what it implied over the years. After that experience, I was open to things beyond the scientific method proof, when i had never before been at all open to such things.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I reasoned that my consiousness, not of matter, was able to transend time into the future time-space. No need to explain what else this implies. It was a defining moment for me i guess. But what did it define? Ultimately, I was at a loss.

My conclusion was that we all have such dreams. I couldn't imagine it to be uniquely special, more than likely a hickup of events, the waking, the verbalisation, had sealed it into conciousness before its time.

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 1 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

It wasn't a dream, but yesterday, for some reason, I was thinking of story line of that old film, The Fugitive.
It is rather synchronic , that today, I am reading this post.

Weird.

You don't happen to be a doctor, Jim?

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Jun 1 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (lunk @ Jun 1 2009, 11:48 AM) *
It wasn't a dream, but yesterday, for some reason, I was thinking of story line of that old film, The Fugitive.
It is rather synchronic , that today, I am reading this post.

Weird.

You don't happen to be a doctor, Jim?

No, but i've been a fugitive on more than one occasion (lol..joking). So if not a dream...what?

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 1 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I think, that the dream state is the exact opposite of the waking state.

Awake, the existence of things is known to you.
Dreaming, the non-existence of things is unknown to you.

+Quote Post
JimMac
post Jun 1 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (lunk @ Jun 1 2009, 05:45 PM) *
I think, that the dream state is the exact opposite of the waking state.

Awake, the existence of things is known to you.
Dreaming, the non-existence of things is unknown to you.

Ok, now i'm confused. lol.. " Dreaming, the non-existence of things is unknown to you." Do you mean unknown things that exist on another plane? are unknown? It seems like a tautologous remark.

This is the (only) one-time empirical experience i have ever had in my life with something other-worldly. I know it happened, because I experienced it. The reality was an exact replay of the dream. Exact, down to the beer on the waitresses tray, her vector of travel, etc. This happened 6 weeks into my future, and I saw it happen in my mind's eye. In other words, the future event had substance, and my consciousness saw that. The existence of the event was known before hand. The unknown part, what that I did not know then it was (or would be) a real event. Anyway, it will remain unexplained. Maybe that was the message i got. Not all things can be explained. I'll settle for that.

The most disturbing after-effect of that phenomena for me, was the issue of free will. Apparently I was destined to be there, even changed my plane ticket. That part really bugged me too. Like something or somebody was messing with my head. It raised a lot of questions.

Anyway, thanks for your comment. btw, I have TRIED to replicate the experience for buying lottery tickets. Apparently I am not destined to win a lottery. smile.gif

This post has been edited by JimMac: Jun 1 2009, 06:25 PM

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 1 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Hmm, In both the dream state and waking everything seems just as real.
But once you're awake, the dream, is thought of as, non-material.
And when you're dreaming, the real world has vanished, from your awareness.

The pineal gland, in the center of the brain, releases the chemical DMT, when in sleep, and at other moments in life. Rapid eye movement begins and one is thrown into a full blown dream state, perhaps, seemingly, more real and solid, than reality.

+Quote Post
truthmatters
post Jun 2 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #15

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,145

The most disturbing after-effect of that phenomena for me, was the issue of free will. Apparently I was destined to be there, even changed my plane ticket. That part really bugged me too. Like something or somebody was messing with my head. It raised a lot of questions.

I don't remember ever having a prophetic dream like you described; however, I often find myself questioning the free will thing. How do we know for certain that we have it? What really motivates us to do what we do? Where the heck does motivation come from? Are we destined for particular situations? We think we're in control, making choices that we freely decide on ... but are we really? Is there something else going on?

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 2 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (truthmatters @ Jun 2 2009, 10:20 AM) *
I don't remember ever having a prophetic dream like you described; however, I often find myself questioning the free will thing. How do we know for certain that we have it? What really motivates us to do what we do? Where the heck does motivation come from? Are we destined for particular situations? We think we're in control, making choices that we freely decide on ... but are we really? Is there something else going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf82QOqJTt8

...It's all in the hand, beforehand.

+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 3 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (lunk @ Jun 2 2009, 03:18 AM) *
Hmm, In both the dream state and waking everything seems just as real.
But once you're awake, the dream, is thought of as, non-material.
And when you're dreaming, the real world has vanished, from your awareness.

The pineal gland, in the center of the brain, releases the chemical DMT, when in sleep, and at other moments in life. Rapid eye movement begins and one is thrown into a full blown dream state, perhaps, seemingly, more real and solid, than reality.

But what is 'reality'? dunno.gif

(Great thread, BTW!)

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 3 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Willow @ Jun 3 2009, 11:35 AM) *
But what is 'reality'? dunno.gif

(Great thread, BTW!)

The environment in which one exists?

+Quote Post
Graeme
post Jun 3 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 4,130

The Flic 'Donnie Darko' says it all to me, regarding time-loops.
ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 4 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (lunk @ Jun 4 2009, 12:12 AM) *
The environment in which one exists?

And what is that?

And does this mean that when one dreams, the dream environment is one's reality, and 'normal' waking reality ceases to exist?

And which 'one's' environment is 'reality'?

The implications here are mind blowing! wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 08:53 AM