IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Important: Bbc-scandal Of The 1980's, How MI5 took over the BBC-not in theory,but in practice...

Devilsadvocate
post Aug 19 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 551

Years ago, I came across an article in a newspaper.
Back then, it scared the living daylights out of me.
According to that article, most of the editors at the BBC had been replaced with MI5-officers. The BBC had been almost completely undermined.

When the scandal broke, the BBC was forced to fire those people and re-instate all the old editors which had been 'removed' bit by bit.
Over the years, it became forgotten. Instead- another BBC-scandal took it's place:

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analyst...candal_see.html

I never heard of that 1980's-scandal again.

Until now.

http://www.onemorepromethean.com/2008/08/1...bc/#comment-180

Thanks, Lucie.... worthy.gif worthy.gif worthy.gif worthy.gif worthy.gif

This post has been edited by Devilsadvocate: Aug 19 2008, 06:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 19 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Yes, fascinating.

It's pretty much the same here in the US: government/special interests control the mainstream media.

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Aug 19 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Could someone pin this, please ?

This is proof to all those who believe that media-manipulation '...just couldn't happen in western society' that it's not only possibly that something like this can happen.

It has already happened.

In Britain.

In the '80s...

+Quote Post
grizz
post Aug 19 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #4

aka Oceans Flow

Member No.: 108

This is great solid proof that our world view is manufactured by the media, that there's a whole other side to the world than what we are presented with. Just like the picture on the screen, reality is cropped. Only with the advent of the internet, which I think may have evolved far beyond what they intended, can we get a more panoramic view of what's really going on, in both the exterior and interior worlds.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Aug 19 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

Thank you very much DA!

Someone else had already pinned this thread, but I've also linked it to my "Military Bloggers" thread also pinned over in Debate. I've posted a small wealth of information on Operation Mockingbird/Mighty Wurlitzer, corporate media control, and also COINTELPRO over there that are worth looking at.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index....showtopic=11687

Do you think these guys ( ph34r.gif to_keep_order.gif ) will ever learn?

+Quote Post
1morepromethean
post Aug 20 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #6

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,773

Hi all.

This is Jim from onemorepromethean.com.
Thanks to Devil's Advocate (JBalzer?) for the recommendation.

I'm glad you found the post useful, it was only Lucie's know-how and our university access to news archives that made that possible.
Which just goes to show how heavily censored the mainstream media is.

Anyway, while I'm here I might as well recommend taking a look around the rest of our website, we've recently covered a few relevant things, e.g. the US/Russia proxy war, George Soros' connections to Saakashvili and Obama, abiotic/peak oil theories, the HAARP facility in Alaska, avian flu and the WHO, and industrial waste in drinking water... *stops to breathe*

And keep up the good work on the forum, I personally don't believe the official conspiracy theory either. thumbsup.gif

Jim @ onemorepromethean.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Aug 20 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Hello and welcome Jim,

welcome.gif

We've got a little on HAARP and other "controversial stuff" here too. [I've got a fair amount rattling around inside my head that I haven't posted here or anywhere else as well]. There's a lot of good CFR/Trilateral/Bilderberg research here too- Library, IIRC.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index.php?showtopic=3163

Our "Alternate Theories" section can get pretty wild at times- buyer beware. wink.gif

+Quote Post
KP50
post Aug 20 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1,044

Welcome Jim,

I took a wander around your site, very interesting.

From Nick in NZ

+Quote Post
georgie101
post Aug 20 2008, 05:01 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 114

I got a book from the Library yesterday, it has a few paragraphs on the BBC.

The infamous spy, Guy Burgess, worked as a reporter for the BBC from 1936 to 1944. He was given the job, apparently by Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, of delivering secret messages to French Premier, Edouard Daladier and Italian dictator, Benito Mussolini. While in the employ of the BBC, Burgess worked as a double agent on the payroll of both the British and Russian Governments.
During World War 2 the BBC made invaluable contributions to the war effort by broadcasting Allied propaganda, coded messages to resistance fighters in occupied Europe, and by training secret agents in broadcast techniques.
The intelligence services had some success during the Cold War in convincing the Government to use the BBC to carry on some of those clandestine wartime activities. As early as 1946, the head of the BBC's European Services, and former wartime spy Sir Ivone Kirkpatrick recommended getting the BBC on board to assist in anti-Soviet propaganda. By 1949 the Foreign Office had established the Information Research Department (IRD), a propaganda tool which acted as a conduit for information about the USSR. According to Stephen Dorril's 2001 book 'MI6: Fifty years of special operations: "The IRD regarded its relationship with the BBC as perhaps the most important, and it became, the official source for Bush House's (BBC Foreign Language Headquarters) East Eurpean Services"
It was also during the 1940's that the practice of vetting all BBC staff by ' the special assistant to the director of personnel' was initiated. Their job was to provide a listof all job applicants to MI5 who then provided clearance, or declared the applicant a 'security risk'. The procedure was stopped in 1985, after an expose in the Observer newspaper, which also revealed that no government had ever given permission for such vetting.

welcome.gif Welcome Jim

+Quote Post
mrodway
post Aug 20 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #10

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 1,609

BBC Logo (Circa 1980's)

Bohemian Club

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Aug 20 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #11

Hi, Jim. Good to have you here.
When I read about that scandal in the papers back then, it scared the living daylights out of me.
Reading about it now, more than twenty years later, scares me even more.
Because no one even knew...
What Lucie wrote about that book being earmarked for deletion is poignant.
And the fact that up to now, the only 'BBC-scandal' you could find anything about was the gameshow-scandal...
I have a strong feeling they tried to 'dissappear' that 1980's scandal altogether.

Wouldn't be unusual to 'replace' one nasty scandal with a much more harmless sounding one.
They did that with the UN-scandal as well.
You look that up, and what you'll find is about the Food-for-oil scandal.
What you won't find are too many referrences to people like Denis Halliday, Graf Hans von Sponeck or Jutta Burghardt.
The true scandal back then was that the Iraq-sanctions were effectively an act of genocide. Those people said so, and resigned in protest from their positions...

Thanks for your work.
Knowing that you exist gives me fresh hope: People like you are the future!

+Quote Post
1morepromethean
post Aug 21 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #12

@ dMole: Thanks. And that's how I like my alternate theories smile.gif That thread is really good - Tesla's something of a personal hero of mine. Shame other people with more money and power seem to just rip him off, subvert his ideas and forget that he wanted free energy for all.

@ KP50: Thankyou - we're updating pretty regularly so be sure to check back.

@ george101: Very interesting passage. I'm a bit dubious as to the government not giving permission. Also, if it was both secret and unauthorised, there's no reason to believe that it's since stopped. Apparently as of 1989 the Home Secretary has been formally responsible for MI5 - anyone know what the situation was beforehand?

@ mrodway: smile.gif I never made that connection before! I used to have an old BBC Master computer with that logo on. Could be a coincedence of course, but it makes you think.

@ Joe: Thanks for that, its much appreciated. People like you are the motivation for the site. And yeah I'm starting to suspect more and more that many so-called scandals etc are manufactured distractions and/or damage limitation exercises.

+Quote Post
dMz
post Aug 22 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (1morepromethean @ Aug 21 2008, 11:12 AM) *
manufactured distractions and/or damage limitation exercises.

In the US, I'd translate that as "news" and/or "damage control" [but the un-"PC" like us would call the latter "spin"].

If you haven't seen it yet Jim, you really want to check out:

http://tesladownunder.com/

+Quote Post
1morepromethean
post Aug 24 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #14

@ dMole: I checked that tesla website out as you suggested, it's fascinating. Some of the long-exposure photos are highly weird.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 24 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #15

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

I watch the TV news, all 3 channels, at 6:30 every evening, probably 3 or 4 days a week.

I do that to see how they want me to think.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 04:27 AM