IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Exposing Popular Mechanics 9-11 Lies, United Airlines Flight 93

questionitall
post Feb 1 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 5,337

Exposing Popular Mechanics 9-11 Lies - United Airlines Flight 93

"If you are going to allege something so far beyond what a huge body of evidence would suggest is the truth, then you do need to pull together some evidence. And so, we fully support asking questions and being sceptical, but if you’re going to ask questions, you also have to look for the answers. And when you get answers, you can’t ignore them." - James Meig's, editor-in-chief of Popular Mechanics.

"We do what you would do, Amy, or any other journalist would do. We talk to people who are experts in the field. And that’s what we did with this book in order to debunk these 9/11 myths...That’s what we did. We talked to people who were there at the scene. We talked to structural engineers. We talked to aviation crash experts." - David Dunbar, the executive editor of Popular Mechanics magazine.

With respect to the March 2005 Popular Mechanics article 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report' please answer me this Mr. Meig's and/or Mr. Dunbar. When it comes to your coverage of United Airlines flight 93 therein, why was no mention made of the fact that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney flew his F-16B fighter aircraft to Missoula, Montana on 9/11 for the express purpose of rendezvousing with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Director Joseph Allbaugh? In fact, prior to arriving in Missoula, Montana that day his (overt) mission was to airlift Mr. Allbaugh home to Washington. Only after he arrived in Missoula, Montana was he reassigned to fly Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. home to Albany, N.Y. [1]

I ask because when I took your advice and recently looked for the answer to that question what I discovered was the irrefutable fact that you (the Editors) of the March, 2005 Popular Mechanics magazine article, 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report' omitted any mention of Joseph Allbaugh and quite deliberately it would seem. You do recall that article don't you gentlemen? That's the one in which you audaciously boasted about having assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, along with yourselves (the Editors) consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of your magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military. Having gone to all that effort you also claimed to have investigated and debunked 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists.

Having recently read that article I couldn't help but notice there were many instances of inaccuracies and omissions of fact therein, all of which prompted me to look deeper into the matter, and I must say what I discovered about your key witness, Edward F. Jacoby, Jr., casts serious doubt on your claim Popular Mechanics debunked the United Airlines flight 93 shoot down allegation. Indeed it would appear as though your investigators simply fudged their story by excluding that fact, all in order to garner credibility in that regard, and just as your staff did when addressing the United Airlines flight 175 allegation. So too I've exposed how those credentialed experts lied while being "exclusively" interviewed for 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report'. That's also an irrefutable fact that you may wish to investigate and get back to me on gentlemen. [2] [3]

Furthermore, after recently reading Mr. Kevin Ryan's very insightful and well researched March 13, 2007 article '9/11: Looking for Truth in Credentials: The Peculiar WTC “Experts'', I was reminded of those credentialed experts and how they lied which prompted me to research Edward F. Jacoby's role in UA flight 93 controversy. [4] Now please do correct me if I'm wrong on this point gentlemen, but it seems to me there's no way in hell Edward F. Jacoby Jr. could have been with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney at 10:03 a.m. when UA flight 93 met its end in Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. on 9/11.

I say so because from what I can tell of his claim to that affect, he was clearly wrong about the timing of his rendezvous with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney on 9/11 and so too for having told your team of investigators:

Fact: "I was in Big Sky for an emergency managers meeting. Someone called to say an F-16 was landing in Bozeman. From there we flew to Albany." Jacoby is outraged by the claim that Gibney shot down Flight 93. "I summarily dismiss that because Lt. Col. Gibney was with me at that time. It disgusts me to see this because the public is being misled. More than anything else it disgusts me because it brings up fears. It brings up hopes - it brings up all sorts of feelings, not only to the victims' families but to all the individuals throughout the country, and the world for that matter. I get angry at the misinformation out there."
What's terribly inaccurate and troubling about that statement is the irrefutable fact that on the 25th of August 25 in 2011, during a 119th Wing media event in Fargo North Dakota, Lt. Col. Rick Gibney made it crystal clear when he said:

"My activities on that day (September 11, 2001)... I was assigned here at the 119th Wing as a pilot...came in for a normal training flight that day...got a shout from the lobby that an aircraft had hit the World Trade Center...came up and looked at it; saw the video. We were watching the Today Show at the time and saw the smouldering tower...Continued to watch that for awhile and upon seeing the second aircraft hit...somewhere in the meantime a message came through that the Director of FEMA was having a conference in Missoula, Montana...there was a call that the Director of FEMA, Mr. Joe Allbaugh needed to get back to Washington and would we be able to dispatch an F16 two-seater to go and pick him up...I was quickly rushed out to the airplane awaiting on the ramp and launched... As I launched out and was flying to Missoula, Montana...where I was directed to an office where Director Allbaugh was with a large contingency of his staff also watching the television. In the time between I took off and the time I landed is approximately when the Pentagon was hit and the towers began falling...in the interim Director of Emergency Services in New York, Mr. Ed Jacoby was deemed necessary to get back to New York and he became the secondary passenger which I ended-up flying...we landed in Albany in the early evening at which time I dropped Mr. Jacoby off..." [5]

As you can see gentlemen, according to Lt. Col. Rick Gibney he was on the ground in Fargo, N.D. and watching television at 9:02:54 a.m., at which time he witnessed firsthand the second plane (allegedly United Airlines flight 175) slam into World Trade Center 2. Only then was he assigned to fly to Missoula, Montana to airlift FEMA Director Joseph Allbaugh home to Washington, D.C. All of which begs the question, did Air National Guard spokesman Master Sgt. David Somdahl also lied for the benefit of Popular Mechanics when he stated:

"Gibney flew an F-16 that morning--but nowhere near Shanksville. He took off from Fargo, N.D., and flew to Bozeman, Mont., to pick up Ed Jacoby Jr., the director of the New York State Emergency Management Office. Gibney then flew Jacoby from Montana to Albany, N.Y., so Jacoby could coordinate 17,000 rescue workers engaged in the state's response to 9/11. Jacoby confirms the day's events."

More importantly then, why didn't the staff of Popular Mechanics magazine make mention of that irrefutable fact in 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report' and why didn't you (the Editors) mention that fact during your debate with Dylan Avery and Jason Berma's on September 11, 2006? [6] In fact wouldn't you say it appears rather suspicious gentlemen that Mr. Allbaugh's rendezvous with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney on 9/11 isn't mentioned anywhere in the official 9/11 annals and certainly not in the 9/11 Commission Report. In fact it's not even mentioned there at Wikipedia - hmmm? Therefore, one might conclude it appears as though his name was intentionally expunged from the official United Airlines flight 93 narrative, but why gentlemen?

Perhaps that omission was due to the irrefutable fact that if and when it was ever proven true that Mr. Allbaugh rendezvoused with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney later in the day and not prior to 10:03 a.m., and if asked about that Mr. Allbaugh might feel compelled to confirm that he didn't arrive in Missoula, Montana until sometime after 1:00 p.m. on 9/11. Would that revelation not have dire consequences for the official narrative that argues Lt. Col. Rick Gibney couldn't possibly have shot down UA flight 93? After all he couldn't have been in two places at once now could he, but if he wasn't with Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. at 10:03 a.m. then is it possible he may have been in Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania (near Shanksville). Right? Like you gentlemen I once believed it was impossible for Lt. Col. Rick Gibney to have been responsible for shooting down UA flight 93, but that all changed when I realized Lt. Col. Rick Gibney didn't arrive in Missoula, Montana on 9/11 until after 10:03 a.m. Hence Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's statement:

"In the time between I took off and the time I landed is approximately when the Pentagon was hit and the towers began falling..." In light of that that statement (which translates into approximately 9:58 a.m. at the earliest) I asked myself, was it possible that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney didn't fly to Missoula, Montana from Fargo, North Dakota immediately after taking-off? Was it possible that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney had flown directly to Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania (near Shanksville) to intercept and shoot down UA flight 93 prior to making his way to Missoula, Montana to rendezvous with FEMA Director Joseph Allbaugh?
To answer that question and solve the mystery of UA flight 93 let's consider the following irrefutable facts.

By interpolating Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's statement "In the time between I took off and the time I landed is approximately when the Pentagon was hit and the towers began falling..." to mean he landed in Missoula, Montana shortly thereafter 9:58 a.m. (at which time WTC2 collapsed first), based on that assumption Lt. Col. Rick Gibney would have had to depart Fargo, North Dakota no later than 9:22 a.m., in order to arrive in Missoula at exactly 9:58 a.m. That approximation is based on the fact that the straight-line distance between Missoula, Montana and Fargo, North Dakota is 843 miles and the top speed of Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's F-16B fighter is 1345 miles per hour. [7] Therefore, doing the math it's possible then that Gibney could have flown to Missoula from Fargo in 36 minutes. That leaves 25 minutes to spare which allows for preparation time for Gibney's ground crew, time required to taxi-out and take-off from Fargo, air refuelling if needed, time required to taxi and park upon his arrival in Missoula, time to debark and finally then time to rendezvous with Director Joseph Allbaugh and all before 10:03 a.m. it's been said. What are the odds of that Mr. Meig's?

Therefore, and due to all that rigmarole, plus the added fact that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney wasn't even sent to Missoula to rendezvous with Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. in the first place, not to mention the fact that it was absolutely impossible for Director Joseph Allbaugh and/or Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. to have made it to Missoula, Montana before 10:03 a.m., for those three reasons alone it was extremely unlikely Lt. Col. Rick Gibney met with Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. at 10:03 a.m. on 9/11. In conclusion then, without the benefit of Mr. Jacoby's alibi the question on my mind now is was it feasible for Lt. Col. Rick Gibney to have flown to Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania, (near Shanksville) after 9:02:54 a.m. and arrive there in time to intercept and shoot down UA flight 93 at 10:03 a.m.?

You'd better believe it was possible. However, before I demonstrate why I believe that was the case first of all I need to demonstrate why it was absolutely impossible for Director Joseph Allbaugh and/or Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. to have made it to Missoula, Montana before 10:03 a.m. Having shown why the evidence fully supports that irrefutable fact and contrarian argument, only then can it be said with confidence that you Mr. Meig's and David Dunbar, the Editors of Popular Mechanics magazine, failed miserably to dispel the likelihood of United Airlines flight 93 having been shot down.

So then, taking into account the first attack in New York city occurred at 8:46:26 a.m. and for the sake of making the following argument, I've used that time of day as the benchmark for their departure from Big Sky, Montana. Now considering the time and rigmarole it took to plan their leave, arrange for vehicle transportation to Missoula, Montana (which is approximately 206 miles Northwest of Big Sky by car) and get underway, by all accounts both men would have arrived in Missoula no sooner than approximately 1:00 p.m. That estimation is based on their having driven there in the same vehicle while maintaining an average speed of 50 mph.

Should anyone argue they'd flown to Missoula, I suggest you take into consideration the following irrefutable fact. On the morning of 9/11 at 9:25 a.m. precisely the U.S. Federal Aviation Authority (FAA)declared a 'National Ground Stop' - the first ever in recorded aviation history. Although the FAA doesn't technically close an individual airport, that ground stop prevented any plane, commercial or private, from taking off throughout the U.S. from 9:25 a.m. onward. Therefore it was extremely unlikely that Joseph Allbaugh and Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. flew to Missoula. [8] [9]

Even if both men had managed to sequester your typical Sikorsky S-76 Executive helicopter with a maximum speed of 178 mph and they managed to beat the 'National Ground Stop' by flying straight to Missoula out of Big Sky immediately after the first aircraft crash (8:46:26 a.m.). [10] That flight would have taken 58 minutes to make the 171 mile trip and should they have arrived at 9:44 a.m. with time to spare, still there's no reconciling the irrefutable fact that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney was ordered to rendezvous with Director Joseph Allbaugh. Mr. Jacoby on the other hand wasn't apprised of the fact that he'd be flying home with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney until well after 10:03 a.m. [5]

In light of the aforementioned scenarios being unworkable then and due to logistics and timing issues mostly, for that reason I'm 100% confident the claim made by Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. in the Popular Mechanics article, 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report,' is 100%, unadulterated bullshit! All said and done does anyone still cling to their absurd belief that Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. somehow managed to rendezvous with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney prior to 10:03 a.m. on 9/11? Apparently the 9/11 apologist David W. Thorton does!

I mention David W. Thorton's UA flight 93 perspective and argument here for two reasons. First of all I feel it's important to make good examples of particularly bad 9/11 journalism once in awhile and especially so when hacks like Mr. Thorton and Meghan Keneally dare to express their moronic opinions about a subject they clearly know absolutely nothing about. Not surprisingly then David W. Thorton did just that when he published an article entitled, 'Time to Put 9/11 Conspiracies to Rest.' [11] What I find particularly offensive about that article is the man's gushing affinity for "Jacoby's story", by which the fool summed-up in the following manner:

"An examination of the timing of the attacks backs up Jacoby’s story. The North Dakota National Guard operated F-16Bs. The straight-line distance between Bozeman, Mt. and Albany, N.Y. is 1,857 miles. Using the fighter’s top speed listed on the plane’s Air Force fact sheet, 1,345 mph, the trip would take less than an hour and a half, which would barely give Gibney time to get in position to shoot down Flight 93 at 10:03 a.m. if he took off from Bozeman immediately after American Flight 11 crashed into the WTC at 8:46 a.m. Eastern Time. But, according to the Air Force, the F-16B’s range is only 1,407 miles and that range could only be achieved by flying at slower speeds. It is likely that Gibney had to rendezvous with an aerial tanker, which would further slow down the flight to Albany. It is also highly unlikely that Gibney was ready to launch immediately after the first WTC attack. In fact, Gibney first had to fly from his base at Fargo, N.D. to Bozeman to pick up Jacoby. There is simply no way he could have been over Pennsylvania in time to shoot down Flight 93."

Despite Mr. Thorton having managed to investigate all by himself the specifications of the F-16B fighter aircraft, as for the man's inability to think and reason well that is a testament to the entire 9/11 apologist creed. [2]

As with James Meig's, Mark Roberts, Mike Rudin, Michael E. Newman and so many others alike, so too Mr. Thorton argued his myopic pseudo-scientific point of view by espousing the same threadbare Fallacious Appeal to Authority as that of his peers before him. In fact they too neglected to consider the irrefutable facts of the UA flight 93 controversy that I'm bringing to light here and now. The truth is had Mr. Thorton bothered to research the subject he'd ruminated about by properly sourcing this information first, then he might have thought twice about making the stupendously ignorant assertion that Lt. Col. Rick Gibney was already in Bozeman, Montana when the first attack happened at 8:46 a.m. on 9/11. In fact I still can't believe he said so - is he just that simple-minded to have believed he'd get away with that asinine rationale without someone noticing his mix-up? Clearly the man has no business reporting on such matters.
However, and despite Mr. Thorton's faux pas, by drawing my attention to the straight-line distances between certain points of interest, unbeknownst to him that straight forward approach was the missing piece of the puzzle. In other words it was the best way to answer whether or not it was possible for Lt. Col. Rick Gibney to have flown to Shanksville and arrive there in time to intercept and takeout UA flight 93 and then make his way to Missoula, Montana in time to rendezvous with Director Joseph Allbaugh.

Look at it this way. Knowing full well Lt. Col. Rick Gibney took off from Fargo, North Dakota shortly thereafter WTC2 was hit at 9:02 a.m., let's presume he flew directly to Shanksville at that time and not Missoula. For the sake of this argument let's also presume he made that 1,012.38 mile trip at a cruise power setting/speed of 577 mph. At that speed it would have taken him 1 hour and forty five minutes to get to Shanksville, therefore the earliest Lt. Col. Rick Gibney would have arrived was 11:48 a.m. However, at the maximum continuous power setting/speed of 1345 mph it would have taken Lt. Col. Rick Gibney just forty five minutes to get there, which means he would have arrived in Shanksville at 9:47 a.m. and approximately 16 minutes before UA flight 93 was said to have been shot down. I should mention that 16 minutes to spare allows plenty of time for air refuelling and I'm sure he would have needed it at such a high power setting. Now obviously Lt. Col. Rick Gibney did not get airborne at 9:02 a.m. precisely but had he scrambled within that sixteen minute window and travelled at top speed towards the nation's capital then he stood an excellent chance of making it to Shanksville before 10:03 a.m.

Continuing on that line of reasoning then. For the sake of this argument we'll assume he made it there and shot down UA flight 93 and once he'd done so obviously then he was redirected to Missoula, Montana to rendezvous with Director Joseph Allbaugh. Again and for the sake of argument, presuming Lt. Col. Rick Gibney made his way there at a cruise power setting/speed of 577 mph it would have taken him 3 hours and eight minutes to get to Missoula. At that speed the earliest Lt. Col. Rick Gibney would have arrived in Missoula was 1:11 p.m. However, at the maximum continuous power setting/speed of 1345 mph it would have taken him one hour and 20 minutes to get to Missoula. At that speed the earliest Lt. Col. Rick Gibney would have arrived in Missoula was 11:23 a.m. So as you can see it was more than feasible for Lt. Col. Rick Gibney to have shot down UA flight 93 and still make his way to Missoula, Montana in time to rendezvous with Director Joseph Allbaugh, who more than likely hadn't arrived yet.

At this juncture I remind everyone of the fact that it matters not if Lt. Col. Rick Gibney did or did not arrive in Missoula, Montana prior to 10:03 a.m. and that's because Mr. Joseph Allbaugh and Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. weren't there to greet him at that time anyways. Why else would it have taken Lt. Col. Rick Gibney and Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. until the early evening to get back to Albany, N.Y.?

On that note and last but not least there's the matter of their flight time between Missoula, Montana to Albany, N.Y. Look at it this way; presuming Lt. Col. Rick Gibney made his way there at a cruise power setting/speed of 577 mph it would have taken them three hours and twenty six minutes to get to Albany, N.Y. from Missoula, Montana. However, at the maximum continuous power setting/speed of 1345 mph their flight-time would have been one hour and thirteen minutes. Therefore, even with a later start and a lower power setting they still had plenty of time to get to Albany, New York "in the early evening," which is another reason why I believe Lt. Col. Rick Gibney arrived in Missoula well after 10:03 a.m. How else do you explain their late arrival in Albany, N.Y., which Lt. Col. Rick Gibney described in the following way:

"There was a noticeable lack of airplanes; a noticeable lack of traffic...finally the air traffic controller told me to do essentially whatever I wanted. I was the only airplane between Seattle and New York City." Mr. Gibney's statement is easily verified by the Smithsonian video 'September 11: FAA Closure of U.S. Airspace.' wherein the rolling timestamp shown in the lower left hand corner confirms that as early as 12:18 p.m. on 9/11 the skies over the U.S. East coast was all but empty. [9]

All said and done you can rest assured any mention of Mr. Joseph Allbaugh was intentionally excluded from the Popular Mechanics article and for obvious reason then and on that note I contend Popular Mechanics went out of its way to whitewash the shooting down of UA flight 93 by quoting the false statement made by Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. Having demonstrated why that intended alibi was a ruse that means one thing. Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's whereabouts and actions on 9/11 (between his leaving Fargo, North Dakota and his arrival in Albany, New York) remains completely unaccounted for.

Before moving on with this treatise I wish to make my point of view on the matter of UA flight 93 and Lt. Col. Rick Gibney crystal clear. In no way am I maliciously attacking or blaming Lt. Col. Rick Gibney for anything and despite my believing it was at least possible for him to have shot down UA flight 93 on 9/11, in no way then am I saying that's what happened, nor do I believe that action would constitute a traitorous and/or criminal act on his part, had he done so. In fact, when considering the events of the day and the dire circumstance of UA flight 93, the military truly had no other option but to fire upon that aircraft. Hopefully then time will tell of that, but with that said I've no doubt anyone up to and including Lt. Col. Rick Gibney wouldn't have experienced a profound sense of empathy, sadness and consternation at the time. Which in and of itself is the very definition of our being all too human whereby we're often manipulated by credentialed experts into doing bad things to good people.

All of which brings me to the matter of Col. Donn de Grand Pre and whether or not James Meig's and David Dunbar, the executive editor of Popular Mechanics magazine (the Editors) intentionally mislead their readership about his connection to Lt. Col. Rick Gibney as well. In fact, if the Popular Mechanics writers had any intention of reporting an honest, fair and accurate account of Col. Donn de Grand Pres' claim that he knew the pilot who shot down United Airlines flight 93 then it would have referenced both the February 9, 2004 PrisonPlanet article and the June 28, 2004 PrisonPlanet update. [12] [13]

What's particularly misleading about the following statement that was published by (the Editors) of Popular Mechanics is the smarmy manner in which they mindfully conjoined two statements from two separate sources into one "claim". Thus implying both parties were somehow associated with one another and working together. But clearly (the Editors) of Popular Mechanics had no inclination to report the truth of the matter and looking back on everything now it becomes plainly obvious there was a deliberate attempt made on the part of (the Editors) to discredit Col. Donn de Grand Pres by their having published the claim:

"In February, 2004, retired Army Col. Donn de Grand Pre said on "The Alex Jones Show," a radio talk show broadcast on 42 stations: "It [Flight93] was taken out by the North Dakota Air Guard. I know the pilot who fired those two missiles to take down 93." LetsRoll911.org, citing de Grand Pre, indentifies the pilot: "Major Rick Gibney fired two Sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in midflight at precisely 09:58." [1]

Now compare that statement to the following, actual Col. Donn de Grand Pre quotes in question.

When asked by (John) on the February 9, 2004 Alex Jones show, "Was United Airlines Flight 93 shot down in Pennsylvania by a U.S. or NATO pilot and was that what was supposed to hit the Pentagon?" to that Mr. de Grand Pre replied, "No, that was hit at 10:00 hours. It was taken out by the North Dakota Air Guard. I know the pilot who fired those two missiles to take down 93." [12]

Then in the June 28, 2004 PrisonPlanet update retired Col. Donn de Grand Pre candidly admitted to Alex Jones that "the man he spoke to who told him that he had shot down Flight 93 was Rick Gibney. The Colonel spoke to him face to face. Mr. Grand Pre was not willing to give out the name of the pilot during his interview back in February, and he did not release the name to LetsRoll911." [13]

Obviously then de Grand Pre makes no mention of Lt. Col. Rick Gibney in the February 9, 2004 interview and the only reason he named Lt. Col. Rick Gibney in the June 28, 2004 updated interview was to set the record straight. Whereas the statement published at LetsRoll911.org on February 23, 2004 makes one well aware of the manipulative play on words (the Editors) of Popular Mechanics resorted to throughout 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report'. [14]

In other words the Popular Mechanics trolls reported on false information of their own making in order to make it appear as though Phil Jayhan at LetsRoll911 was given firsthand news of Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's direct involvement in the shooting down of UA flight 93 by de Grand Pre. Whereas de Grand Pres' June 28, 2004 statement makes it crystal clear he did NOT say any such thing to anyone at LetsRoll911.org. Therefore, it safe to say the Popular Mechanics claim, "LetsRoll911.org, citing de Grand Pre, indentifies the pilot: "Major Rick Gibney fired two Sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in mid-flight at precisely 09:58." was completely without merit and it could just as easily been planted by a credentialed expert at the online forum. [1]

Either way you look at it, Popular Mechanics misquoted de Grand Pre for the express purpose of besmirching his esteemed reputation and credibility and it did so out of sheer determination to portray him as an ill-informed, silly old fool and one who makes things up in his head. My frustration with all of the aforementioned lies and deception is compounded by the fact that in the day the evidence we see before us now wasn't readily available back then and unfortunately for all Popular Mechanics had the upper hand in crystallizing public opinion on the issue of UA flight 93. So too it had a free reign in portraying Col. Donn de Grand Pre as a conspiracy theorist and nobody was the wiser. However, regardless of whether or not the Popular Mechanics character assassination stuck with the unwitting Popular Mechanics readership, in the end it doesn't matter and for very good reason. That being the career and reputation of retired Army Col. Donn de Grand-Pre speaks of a well connected, intelligent, competent and able-bodied professional military man who still serves his country with distinction. [15]

What's most interesting about February 9, 2004 Alex Jones show interview is de Grand Pres' statement at 9:35 a.m. the Happy Hooligans (119th Wing) were ordered to take out United Airlines 93. Needless to say that allegation of an intercept order brings to mind the statement made by Governor John Hoeven during his September 11, 2001 awards ceremony speech where he confirmed, "Within minutes of the attack on September 11, the 119th fighter wing, North Dakota Air National Guard was flying security over our nation's capital."

On that note I suggest you watch the Lt. Col. Rick Gibney interview [5] and the Governor John Hoeven speech [16] back to back and then decide for yourself if Lt. Col. Rick Gibney may have had anything to do with shooting down UA flight 93. Whether that was the case or not, what's important to remember from all of this subterfuge is why UA flight 93 grew into the conspiracy it is today was a direct result of the official UA flight 93 investigation having been corrupted and whitewashed right from the get-go. For that reason those who question the official UA flight 93 investigation had every reason to believe UA flight 93 didn't crash there in Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania, (near Shanksville). I can only speak for myself when I say that my belief arose from a number of irreconcilable discrepancies coming directly out of the UA flight 93 crash investigation. The most contentious of all being the unusually small amount and miniscule pieces of aircraft wreckage recovered at Shanksville, which truly wasn't indicative of a large aircraft having "crashed" there. What made matters worse was the glaring absence of sizable human remains at the crash site and then there was the charge promulgated by retired Col. Donn de Grand Pre.

Adding to the controversy were cryptic statements made by credentialed expert coroner, Wallace (Wally) Miller, who was there onsite in the immediate aftermath of that crash. Indeed, when he was questioned for 'The Shanksville Files' the Somerset County coroner Wallace (Wally) Miller was anything but convincing when he failed miserably to explain the shear lack of carnage and recoverable human remains onsite. In fact some of his responses therein can only be described as scripted, or guarded and even evasive at times. [17]

For example, when Mr. Miller was asked if he'd personally recovered substantial pieces of human remains there on site he responded with "there was very little in the way of human remains to the naked eye." When asked about his not ever having seen a single drop of blood at the crash site Miller replied, "That is correct, there was no blood, but there was human remains..." While attempting to qualify that statement he said in a rather vague terminology, "When you have big pieces of tissue you're not going to have connective tissue in there and it's going to get fragmented..." In other words, and just as it was explained to him, no pieces of human remains larger than hands and feet were recovered at Shanksville because the bodies "vaporised" on impact and that was due to "the speed of the aircraft" when it hit the ground. What's more then, according to airline accident expert Michael K. Hynes who was interviewed by Popular Mechanics about the matter of UA flight 93, just because he said the aircraft crashed at a speed of "500 mph or more" for that reason we're to believe the "vaporised" bodies claim. [1]

In response to Millers and Hynes statements I call BULLSHIT on both of them because many examples of horrifically graphic photographs taken in the immediate aftermath of WTC1 having been impacted by whatever aircraft shows human remains (both flesh and blood) of various sizes scattered over much of Liberty St. and beyond. [18] What's more then, according to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) that aircraft was estimated to have been travelling at 430 knots ground speed when it crashed into WTC1, which translates into 500+ mph! [19] With that said and out of respect for the victims of 9/11 and their surviving loved ones' I won't post those photographs online for all to see, but I assure you large portions of bodies do survive aircraft crashes of the magnitude coroner Wally Miller and Michael K. Hynes attempted to explain away.

All said and done ask yourself this. Why did the coroner for Somerset County, Wallace Miller, need to have human anatomy and aircraft disaster forensics explained to him and by the FBI? What's more then why was Miller presented in the press as grand overseer of the crash scene and for years on end when according to the Tom Gibb at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mr. Miller was cajoled into being a "team player" by the FBI before being summarily stripped of all authoritative responsibility over the Somerset County (near Shanksville) crash scene? [20] With that in mind it doesn't take a credentialed expert to figure out Wallace (Wally) Miller wasn't there for his crash investigation acumen and most likely then he was "chief coroner" for the UA flight 93 crash investigation in name only.

Whatever Millers reason for being there onsite, he most certainly wasn't forthright and honest about the evidence of human remains (or lack thereof) in that interview. As for why I even mentioned his patsy role played in that affair, I did so purely out of disgust for his having voluntarily, though shamefully, participated in covering-up and making excuses for the shear lack of aircraft and human remains evidence at Shanksville.

God knows his account of that crash site and evidence doesn't hold any weight or credibility. Not unlike that of Yates Gladwell's United Airlines flight 93 observation on 9/11. In fact any mention therein 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report' of Yates insignificant role on 9/11 has no bearing on whether or not United Airlines flight 93 was shot down. If for no other than Yates didn't arrive on the scene in Somerset County (near Shanksville) until (10:07 a.m.) and four minutes after UA flight 93 allegedly "crashed" (at 10:03 a.m.) and it's for that reason Yates witnessed nothing that day, other than a nondescript, ten-foot by 16-foot, slightly smoking crater. So then, for James Meig's and David Dunbar to have jumped on the credentialed expert band wagon by arguing Gladwell's Falcon 20 private business jet (N20VF) was mistakenly identified as Lt. Col. Rick Gibney's F-16B fighter jet by eyewitnesses on the ground, well that truly shows the length to which James Meig's and David Dunbar (the Editors) of Popular Mechanics magazine went in order to make their case. That's all I have to say on the matter of "The White Jet" folly which was no conspiracy at all!

In closing then, when considering everything I've mentioned thus far, is it any wonder then that I believe de Grand-Pre was telling the truth and Lt. Col. Rick Gibney actually told him he shot down UA flight 93 and in light of the fact that Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. has been called-out on his gargantuan lie, for all the aforementioned reasons then, it was more than likely the case where either Lt. Col. Rick Gibney shot down UA flight 93 or something else came of that aircraft on 9/11. What I do know for sure is a Boeing 757 sure as hell didn't pile-drive into the ground at Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania, (near Shanksville and for those who still don't take my word for that, I suggest you watch the PilotsFor9/11Truth production, 'Pandora's Black Box - Chapter 3 - Flight Of United 93,' as it's the best analysis and explanation to date as for why the official word on the hijacking and downing of UA flight 93 never stood up to the empirical evidence and scrutiny of independent aviation experts and analysts. [21]

So there you have it then. Edward F. Jacoby, Jr. lied about being with Lt. Col. Rick Gibney at 10:03 a.m. when United Airlines flight 93 went off the radar forever on 9/11 and needless to say then, any lynch-mob can make a claim of moral superiority over another when their case is based entirely on bearing false witness and evidence. So then, for James Meig's and David Dunbar (the Editors) of Popular Mechanics magazine to have done stooped so low by doing just that. For that reason alone and more than ever now I'm committed to writing fair, balanced and accurate accounts on the remaining 16 'Facts' Popular Mechanics published therein 'Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report.'

Sources

[1] - Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report, Popular Mechanics magazine, February 3, 2005. http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...ry/news/1227842

[2] - Who Knew Then What I Know Now Of Corrupted WTC Site Evidence, January 13, 2011. http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=20972

[3] - We All Know Now Corley Never Had A Clue What Became Of United Airlines Flight 175, May 18, 2011. http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21357

[4] - 9/11: Looking for Truth in Credentials: The Peculiar WTC “Experts”, Global Research, March 13, 2007, Kevin Ryan. http://www.globalresearch.ca/9-11-looking-...tc-experts/5071

[5] - Interview from the 119th Wing, Media Event – Colonel Rick Gibney, August 25, 2011. http://www.dvidshub.net/video/124505/inter...ey#.UsttILSLfqQ

[6] - EXCLUSIVE...9/11 Debate: Loose Change Filmmakers vs. Popular Mechanics Editors of "Debunking 9/11 Myths", Democracy Now!, September 11, 2006. http://www.democracynow.org/2006/9/11/excl...te_loose_change

[7] - GENERAL DYNAMICS F-16B, U.S. Air Force Fact Sheet. http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheet...2288&page=1.

[8] - The Day the FAA Stopped the World, Sally Donnelly, September 14, 2001. http://content.time.com/time/nation/articl...,174912,00.html

[9] - September 11: FAA Closure of U.S. Airspace, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1ZtpKqlYw

[10] - Sikorsky S-76B Specifications. http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acdata_php/acdata_s76b_en.php

[11] - 'Time to Put 9/11 Conspiracies to Rest', David W. Thorton, September 6, 2011. http://www.examiner.com/article/time-to-pu...iracies-to-rest

[12] - Transcript: Alex Jones Interviews Col. Donn de Grand-Pre, U.S. Army (ret.): Explosive New 9/11 Revelations and Explanations, February 9, 2004. http://www.prisonplanet.com/022904degrand.html

[12a] - Transcript: Alex Jones Interviews Col. Donn de Grand-Pre, U.S. Army (ret.): Explosive New 9/11 Revelations and Explanations, The Alex Jones Show, February 9, 2004. http://www.infowars.com/transcripts/degranpres.htm

[13] - Flight 93 Shootdown Pilot Identified, Prison Planet Update, June 28, 2004. http://www.curezone.us/forums/fm.asp?i=17863

[14] - World breaking News Exclusive on flight 93 by LetsRoll911.org! February 23, 2004. http://letsrollforums.com/world-breaking-n...usive-t848.html

[15] - Biography, Col. Donn de Grand Pre. http://patriotsquestion911.com/

[16] - Rare Footage -- Flight 93 Shootdown Award. http://www.atsadgrab.com/forum/thread...;colorshift=yes

[17] - 9/11 SHANKSVILLE CORONER WALLY MILLER. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b89_1378392429

[18] - NIST Cumulus Dataset, Release 8, 42A0007 - 2of3

[19] - Radar Data Impact Speed, National Transportation Safety Board, February 7, 2002. http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/Radar_Dat...AA11,_UA175.pdf

[20] - Coroners Quiet Unflappability Helps Him Take Charge of Somerset Tragedy, Post-Gazette, Tom Gibb. http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/2001...maker1015p2.asp

[21] - 'Pandora's Black Box - Chapter 3 - Flight Of United 93', PilotsFor9/11Truth, November 22, 2007. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyQWESpIaSk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Feb 2 2014, 02:03 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Popular Mechanics Refuse To Discuss 9/11 Flight Data

Refusal Recorded Over The Phone
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/p4t/PM_RefuseDebate.mp3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:52 PM