IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Site For 9/11 Resources

lacunastories
post Dec 20 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 7,639

Hi all,

Iím a Phd student working with a team at Stanford, MIT, and UCLA to create a new online space to explore, annotate, and draw connections between a wide array of resources (documents, images, video, novels, art, documentaries) about 9/11, asking: 1) what happened, 2) why did it happen, and 3) what does it mean. We are kickstarting the public version of the site so we can make it free, open, and available to the world. We hope youíll consider donating to this cause!

Kickstarter Project Page

If you have any questions, please email the project director, Brian Johnsrud, at Johnsrud@stanford.edu

Thanks, and happy holidays,

Brian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DonM
post Dec 20 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,921

Hi Brian,
I went and looked at your site. I think that you've got a pretty big "sell job" ahead of yourselves to convince people to try something new and untried in this field.

There have been WAY too many charlatans and BS artists pop up in the 9-11 scene. It took this site a long time to develop the credibility that it enjoys today :-)

good luck, I'll keep watching

DonM

This post has been edited by DonM: Dec 20 2013, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
hanky
post Dec 20 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #3

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,076

[quote name='lacunastories' date='Dec 20 2013, 06:32 PM' post='10810383']
Hi all,

Iím a Phd student working with a team at Stanford, MIT, and UCLA to create a new online space to explore, annotate, and draw connections between a wide array of resources (documents, images, video, novels, art, documentaries) about 9/11, asking: 1) what happened, 2) why did it happen, and 3) what does it mean.

1 what happened? A bunch of lunatics thought attacks like this are a good idea.

2 why? Because we have become sheeple of an empire of lies.

3. What does it mean? It means human civilization and individuals are faced with a more clear-cut path in evolution and incorporating truth.

vote

Of course, I await your more specific findings, especially on item 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ebudnWlh4

+Quote Post
lacunastories
post Dec 20 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #4

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 7,639

Thanks for your note, Don. We are hoping that the gravitas of some of the folks supporting and funding this project (MIT, Stanford, and UCLA), as well as the diversity of resources, will draw a large crowd. In terms of credibility, we are working to design sophisticated user ranking and ratings, as well as the ability to cite and reference all claims made, to help address this issue. Of course, it's a prototype, and a work in progress, so we look forward to developing a tool that is constantly informed and updated with feedback from users like you! Thanks for taking the time to check us out.

Brian

QUOTE (DonM @ Dec 20 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Hi Brian,
I went and looked at your site. I think that you've got a pretty big "sell job" ahead of yourselves to convince people to try something new and untried in this field.

There have been WAY too many charlatans and BS artists pop up in the 9-11 scene. It took this site a long time to develop the credibility that it enjoys today :-)

good luck, I'll keep watching

DonM

+Quote Post
EagleEye
post Dec 21 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #5

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,630

QUOTE (lacunastories @ Dec 20 2013, 07:05 PM) *
Thanks for your note, Don. We are hoping that the gravitas of some of the folks supporting and funding this project (MIT, Stanford, and UCLA), as well as the diversity of resources, will draw a large crowd. In terms of credibility, we are working to design sophisticated user ranking and ratings, as well as the ability to cite and reference all claims made, to help address this issue. Of course, it's a prototype, and a work in progress, so we look forward to developing a tool that is constantly informed and updated with feedback from users like you! Thanks for taking the time to check us out.

Brian

I wish you well in your endeavor, but to be honest I'm not sold on the name, nor one including the word "stories" given what it evokes, which for me reminds me of official story 9/11 narrative by Philip D. Zelikow.

You should see what they've done at History Commons (it appears their website is down at the moment..), which is set up like a wiki

Our aim here is to straighten out history itself, to set the record straight, to find the truth, even if the first step in that process is to first expose the lie.

lacunastories... I had to look up lacuna to see what it meant, and while it makes sense, it doesn't grab you immediately with what it IS.

Love the concept, don't think the name is workable.

EE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 11:51 AM