IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Flight 93 Passenger Loads

stevenwarran
post Dec 5 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 1,669

For more information on the passenger loads, check out http://stevenwarran.blogspot.com/2007/11/a...never-gets.html]Flight 93 Passenger Loads[/URL]

(It is an improvement on Killtowns' otherwise excellent work.)

Page 21 of the Commission report gives us a tidbit of information, saying Flight 93 "had no business class section," from which we infer it outfitted in two-classes, with 224 seats. CNN said Flight 93 crashed with 45 aboard--seven in crew, four unnamed hijackers, going on to name 26 passengers, which only adds up to 37. At the one-year mark, the Boston Globe published a list with 33 passenger names, which is still two [one] short.

(But then, in an inconsistency, the Report claims a seating capacity of 182, not 224, or as the Boeing-sourced illustration published in the Washington Post indicates, 239.

Note 72 of Chapter 1 of the Report said, "The 37 passengers represented a load factor of 20.33 percent of the plane’s seating capacity of 182, considerably below the 52.09 percent for Flight 93 on Tuesdays in the three-month period prior to September 11 (June 11–September 4, 2001.)"

To gage the legitimate passenger occupancy rates on the four flights we should rightly exclude the hijackers as non-organic. Even the disseminators of the flight manifests didn't included their names, they only wanted their numbers. In reality, Flight 93 pulled away from the gate with only 33 passengers, four hijackers, and five crew, in a cabin fitted for 224, which is a 15 percent occupancy rate, and an indictment.

This post has been edited by stevenwarran: Dec 5 2007, 12:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
honway
post Dec 5 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,493

http://256.com/gray/thoughts/2001/20010912...11/travel.shtml

Traveling on Delta Flight 1989 on 9/11

[My thoughts about the day can be found at 9/11/2001 Thoughts. A detailed timeline of the events of the day at 9/11/2001 Timeline. I've also collected some pictures of 9/11.]

[This was written by a friend of mine and I find it interesting from a couple of different angles. I thank her for the permission to post it. As an aside, the Delta flight 1989 she was on was initially thought to be flight 93 since they were very close in the sky at the time that 93 was hijacked. Her flight was the only 8am flight out of Boston bound for LA that was not hijacked. It was also a 767 and full of fuel. Given discussions with some of the 9/11 skeptics/tinfoil-hat-types out there, I felt compelled to add some additional details and some comments from the author of this piece. I also have scanned in her scrapbook from the time. ]

Our brush with death was frighteningly close. When our company made the travel arrangements for our trip to LA two months ago, [my spouse] told the staff to book us on the American flight 11, the flight we usually take to LA, but in the day it took for the travel agent to get back to us, the price of the flight had gone up several hundred dollars, and for economic reasons only, [my spouse] instructed the staff to look for a less expensive flight. Fortunately, Delta Airlines had a lower fare. With gallows humor we have all been expressing how grateful we are that [my spouse] is so economy-minded when it comes to travel expenses. Humor aside, though, we are all shaken by how close a call this was, and humbled by the realization that with all of these coincidences, Someone Above must be looking out for us.

------------------------------------------------------------

My comments:

Airlines use yield management formulas to price seats on their airplanes.

Supply and demand is an important part of yield management.

When there are plenty of open seats on an airplane,the price will remain low because
there is little money to be made by flying nearly empty airplanes.

As more and more seats are sold, the prices on the remaining limited seats go up.

The obvious questions that come to mind in trying to explain why a ticket price would go up several hundred dollars two months out on what ended up being a relatively empty plane are:

Were reservations made for a significant number of seats on Flight 11 two months out, and then cancelled at the last minute?

Did American Airlines follow standard yield management formulas that resulted
in Flight 11 being nearly empty and the Delta flight flying the same route being full?

The key point is this.

Ticket price is the most important factor in determining if a plane will be nearly empty,
like all the hijacked airliners, or full like the Delta flight flying the same route as Flight 11.

Nearly empty airplanes were clearly an advantage for the planners of 9/11.
Law enforcement officers frequently fly on business.
Government travel offices must always choose the lowest fare and law enforcement
officers normally carry their firearms when they fly. An armed law enforcement officer on board one of the hijacked airliners could have meant a significantly different outcome.

The question is, were ticket prices for the hijacked airlines manipulated externally
or internally to guarantee nearly empty airplanes and no armed law enforcement officers traveling on business?

This post has been edited by honway: Dec 5 2007, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Dec 5 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Excellent posts steve and honway!

honway, feel free to also cross post by starting a thread in the AA11 forum with your above post. Very important information. Especially for those who say "Ohhh... all flights are empty on Tues mornings.... everyone knows that..." rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the forums steve...!

Its good to see you posting here honway. Thanks for your input.

Rob

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Dec 5 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #4

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Yes, some interesting stuff guys.

Combined with the buying of options on UAL and AA, it's a few more dots to connect.

+Quote Post
chucksheen
post Dec 6 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #5

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 208

cheers.gif

+Quote Post
georgie101
post Dec 6 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 114

Very interesting about the ticket prices. I wonder if there are other people out there who were 'priced out' of flying on flight 11

+Quote Post
tumetuestumefais...
post Dec 6 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (honway @ Dec 5 2007, 09:24 PM)
Our brush with death was frighteningly close. When our company made the travel arrangements for our trip to LA two months ago, [my spouse] told the staff to book us on the American flight 11, the flight we usually take to LA, but in the day it took for the travel agent to get back to us, the price of the flight had gone up several hundred dollars, and for economic reasons only, [my spouse] instructed the staff to look for a less expensive flight. Fortunately, Delta Airlines had a lower fare. With gallows humor we have all been expressing how grateful we are that [my spouse] is so economy-minded when it comes to travel expenses. Humor aside, though, we are all shaken by how close a call this was, and humbled by the realization that with all of these coincidences, Someone Above must be looking out for us.

If you have ~33 stollen passengers + crew you might not wonder they also have stollen their money rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by tumetuestumefaisdubien: Dec 6 2007, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 04:38 PM