IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Flight 93 Book By Tom Mcmillan, Pens VP of Comm Believes 'Official' Story

Truthissweet
post Dec 1 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,913

Tom McMillan, VP of Communications, Pittsburgh Penguins, has written a book on flight 93. Check the names mentioned in this article. A who's who of 'official story', out of touch, people who have not been to this forum and other good 911 forums.

Maybe Tom has political aspirations. I am a huge Pens fan since 1978 after Cleveland lost their NHL team. I am sending Tom the exif data on 'hero' Mark Bingham by email today. Also, a link to this site.

I didn't know he had a book out. I hope the Mercyhurst forensic profs are mentioned. Might be time to email them again.

Once again, main stream media backs the official story. Sad.

Flight 93: The Story, The Aftermath, and the Legacy of American Courage on 911

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/p...guins/19723245/

From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/books/2014/...es/201409090016

Tom on CSPAN:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?322213-1/book...ght-93&buy=

Tom's background:

http://www.pointpark.edu/Academics/Schools...ins/TomMcMillan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beijingyank
post Dec 2 2014, 01:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 4,722

"Once again, main stream media backs the official story. Sad." Truthissweet

It's more than sad. The main stream media's criminal demeanor is evidence of their collusion with the crime of the century.

They are the enemies, and traitors.

+Quote Post
Truthissweet
post Dec 3 2014, 07:53 AM
Post #3

This is a perfect article to pick apart. Much too easy. I respect Keith Allen for his hockey columns in USA Today. Good stuff, but I can't figure out why this article was published on 12/1 and not sooner. There has to be some reason. Something is in play.

"....No one who knows Pittsburgh Penguins executive Tom McMillan thought he was out of his league when he took on the challenge of writing the definitive book (guess I am wasting my time writing my book) on Flight 93 and the onboard battle that occurred before the jet crashed in a Somerset County, Pa., field on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I don't think Tom has passing interests," Pittsburgh sports talk show host Joe Starkey said. "He has obsessions." (more like delusions)

McMillan has spent three decades in the hockey world as a writer, sports talk show host (he was a good sportswriter as I lived in North Pittsburgh 91-96) and the Penguins' vice president of communication. But his passion for history is well-established. McMillan has taken care of Penguins business more than once on the phone while walking a Civil War battlefield. He once wrote an important Penguins news release from a bench at Gettysburg. (I once wrote a post to this forum sitting on the john at the local grocery store)

"Sports are people's escape from their job, their real life," he said. "But when you work in sports, you need an escape from sports, so history is my sports."

McMillan's book is called Flight 93: The Story, The Aftermath, and the Legacy of American Courage on 9/11, issued by Lyons Publishing.

"It began with my quest to learn the story for myself," McMillan said. (Better relearn the story)

He estimates he made about 20 trips to the crash site, simply because he was fascinated by the story of what happened when passengers tried to take back the hijacked plane. Writing a book was not part of his plan. (Not until someone 'urged' him to write a book)

That began when family members (The usual ones: Beamer, Hoglan, Burnette, Nacke....) of the crash victims asked the Penguins to honor Somerset coroner Wally Miller (totally covering up Shanksville), a season ticketholder, at a game. (I doubt Wally actually bought his season tickets if you know what I mean)

McMillan was happy to oblige, and then met Miller, who invited him to see an area of the crash site that is not open to the public. (Where would that be? This has me confused)

"It is surreal," McMillan said. "I really felt we were walking on sacred grounds." (Sacred does not apply to a fictitious crash site)

McMillan was surprised when he was told several hundred oral histories had been collected from first responders, such as law enforcement officials, townspeople and medical workers. (All under orders to only tell official story). He told Miller someone needed to do a book. (Why doesn't Wally write a book)

"When (Miller) said, 'Are you telling me you would put your writer's hat back on?' it stunned me because I didn't mean me," McMillan said. (this conversation exchange sounds too fake)

Originally, McMillan expected to self-publish the book, but quickly realized there was enough interest in this event to attract an agent and a mainstream publisher. (Do you think a mainstream publisher would publish a book against the 'official story?)

McMillan spent two years on the project, starting during the 2012-13 NHL lockout when he had more free time than usual. He read transcripts from the oral history, scoured the 9/11 report, reviewed trial documents, combed magazine articles, reviewed a multitude of other documents and watched a National Transportation Safety Board animated simulation. (Rob Balsamo would like a word with you, Tom) He was able to sync up the cockpit recorder voices with how the plane was maneuvering. (See previous remark)

"I believe they got to the cockpit," he said. "There was chaos at the end. ... One of the passengers yells, 'Turn it up' and one of the hijackers yells in Arabic, 'Pull it down.' Is that indication that they were struggling for control? I believe it probably was." (Tom, how could our 'heroes' go after hijackers in cockpit when the supposed plane was upside down, you complete dumbass)

As is the case with any historical-based research, McMillan had to draw his own conclusions based on the facts uncovered. (Facts?)

"I've read 10 books on Pickett's Charge, and it's all the same information, but every writer has his own perspective," McMillan said.

McMillan wrote two chapters on what he thinks happened during the flight. (not what he thinks, what someone else is telling him to think)

"We are never going to know everything that happened on board, but the two chapters is as close as we can come to knowing what happened in sequence," he said. (I have lost all respect for Tom)

Reader reviews on Amazon.com have been overwhelmingly favorable. "He was determined to tell this story the way no one had, and I think he succeeded," said Starkey of 93.7 The Fan. "The book is amazing." (It ranks right up there with O'Reilly's books on history ...)

Starkey said McMillan's strength as a writer "is his mind for details and his flair as a storyteller." (Joe Starkey is kissing someone's ass)

When McMillan decided to write the book, he told Penguins President David Morehouse, who understands better than most that sports executives have other passions. Morehouse worked in the Clinton administration and on the presidential campaigns of Al Gore and John Kerry before joining the Penguins. (Now we find out why Tom was chosen to write book)

Morehouse said he often jokes that if he ever returned to politics he'd want to take McMillan with him because of his abilities. (His ability to play along just like Tom Ridge and Guliani)

"I encouraged him to write (the book)," Morehouse said. "I said, 'You are a writer. That's what you do.' I know he's a history buff and knows more about Gettysburg than anyone I know, and I know he is very passionate about what happened on 9/11 and trying to find more information. He had already been thinking deeply about what happened and the significance it has had in our country." (Patriot Act, illegal wars, ...)

Morehouse said no one should be surprised that a former sportswriter could tackle an emotional, politically charged story like Flight 93.

"People who report on sports are talented people as talented as any so-called serious reporter. They are just passionate on sports," Morehouse said. "I think locally here about Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist Gene Collier (he is also very funny guy and great writer. Met him several times at local library as we discussed Steelers/Browns rivalry) and how eloquent his writing is. Some of the best writers in journalism were sportswriters. Just look back in history. There is a tradition of great journalism in sports." (There is a big difference asking the QB about his three interceptions and two fumbles in a game than writing about the most devious act by our government against its own citizens)

McMillan said he came away from his research believing Flight 93 is an "astonishing story of bravery and heroism that cannot and should not be forgotten." (Tom, your book should be forgotten by anyone with half a brain)

He felt as if he had given this project his best effort. (I bet he had little to do with actual writing of book)

"When I turned in this project, I said that's the book I wanted to write," McMillan said, "and I've rarely said that about anything I've ever written." (Except that letter to the Penthouse editor..)....."

This whole scenario smacks of reinforcing official story. The book came out 911 anniversary. Morehouse used his connections to get this done. Or visa versa. The proximity of Shanksville to Pittsburgh was the reason Tom was picked for book. Lets see what the future holds for Tom and Joe Starkey. I will be watching to see if they make big career jumps because of their involvement with this book. Ridge and Guliani made out well.

+Quote Post
excontroller
post Dec 3 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,819

QUOTE (beijingyank @ Dec 2 2014, 12:09 AM) *
"Once again, main stream media backs the official story. Sad." Truthissweet

It's more than sad. The main stream media's criminal demeanor is evidence of their collusion with the crime of the century.

They are the enemies, and traitors.

I will drink to that! I agree. I can't believe Truthissweet doesn't "get it". Come on, MAN! Main stream media IS the government....and Vise versa. Hand and glove. Why would Tom EVER visit any site such as this? He won't. He already KNOWS what he'll find and it doesn't FIT with his view of how the story ought to be. The old saying, "Money Talks, and bullshit walks" comes to mind. In his view, the TRUTH does NOT PAY......and ya know WHAT? He's RIGHT, as far as that goes....he isn't INTERESTED in the truth.

+Quote Post
Truthissweet
post Dec 4 2014, 08:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (excontroller @ Dec 3 2014, 05:58 PM) *
I will drink to that! I agree. I can't believe Truthissweet doesn't "get it". Come on, MAN! Main stream media IS the government....and Vise versa. Hand and glove. Why would Tom EVER visit any site such as this? He won't. He already KNOWS what he'll find and it doesn't FIT with his view of how the story ought to be. The old saying, "Money Talks, and bullshit walks" comes to mind. In his view, the TRUTH does NOT PAY......and ya know WHAT? He's RIGHT, as far as that goes....he isn't INTERESTED in the truth.

What do mean I don't get it? Why do you think I started this thread. Of course govt=media. I have no idea where you are coming from. Did you actually read this thread? Come on. Read above where I comment on article before you say again 'I don't get it'.

This post has been edited by Truthissweet: Dec 4 2014, 08:14 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2019 - 05:38 AM