IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
General Aviation As Scapegoat, Is this happening?

amazed!
post Jan 31 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

I guess most folks here are airline types, but everybody starts in general aviation. I have earned a living in "general aviation" for over 30 years, but never even wanted to work for the airlines.

General Aviation had nothing whatsoever to do with the events of 9/11, but we have been treated badly since. TFRs are everywhere and people are prosecuted for violating them. Flight schools have lost students to Australia and other places. Gates and fences up at all sorts of small airports.

This Sunday no GA aircraft will be allowed into the airspace near Miami and FLL, unless of course one is on an IFR flight plan, and there may be restrictions there too.

I resent it, and wonder if others do too?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jan 31 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I know it really impacted FRG (30 west of JFK) in the days/months after 9/11. Phil Poyner of Nassau Flyers almost went bankrupt due to the TFR's. Thank goodness he is also an aviation attorney. From what i understand, he was instrumental in getting alot of the TFR's lifted in conjuction with AOPA.

Its been a while since i flown GA.. .but im looking forward to getting back in the air real soon.

Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 08:18 PM