IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abovetopsecret Shuts Down 911 Forum - Blames P4t, split from "Suspected Govt Agent..." thread

911analyzer
post Aug 1 2012, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,828

[mod edit: the following split from this thread - http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=22129]

Yeah well a source won't be coming at all.

ATS just suspended the 9/11 Forum completely, while they figure out if they want to keep it. With a message claiming it is because of associates of P4T making a mockery of those interested in the truth.

See the message for yourselves.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 1 2012, 01:25 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (911analyzer @ Aug 1 2012, 01:15 AM) *
Yeah well a source won't be coming at all.

ATS just suspended the 9/11 Forum completely, while they figure out if they want to keep it. With a message claiming it is because of associates of P4T making a mockery of those interested in the truth.

See the message for yourselves.

How about you capture a screenshot of the message and post it here.....?

+Quote Post
911analyzer
post Aug 1 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #3

CODE
[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/lc5018b383.jpg[/img]

Mod edit - ATS seemed to have removed the image from their site blaming us for the shut down, but we did save it. Attached is the original image that was posted at the ATS 9/11 Forum.

This post has been edited by rob balsamo: Aug 27 2012, 12:35 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ATS_shutsdown.jpg ( 83.59K ) Number of downloads: 250

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 1 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (911analyzer @ Aug 1 2012, 01:56 AM) *
CODE
[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/lc5018b383.jpg[/img]

There is what, 3 or 4 threads pertaining to P4T out of what... 50+ on the first page of their 911 forum index? And they shut down their forum?

Please be sure to thank them for the added publicity.

smile.gif

My oh my, what ever will their regular trolls do with their days and nights? People like GoodOlDave will be lost...lol

+Quote Post
Aldo Marquis CIT
post Aug 1 2012, 04:08 AM
Post #5

Citizen Investigator

Group: Contributor
Member No.: 10

That's rich. ATS interested in the truth? Yeah right. They are interested in creating as many conspiracy theories as they can while they actualy label them conspiracy theories. In fact, I believe they used to call their "9/11 conspiracies" section "9/11 conspiracy theories".

ATS is a long time operation IMO. It's no surprise that they are shutting down the 9/11 forum in an attempt to link it to P4T.

It's all theater and PFT and CIT are the targets. Everywhere. Doubt and division must be created in the minds of whatever truthseekers are left out there.

+Quote Post
MysticalGroove
post Aug 1 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,231

Trolling?! Wow. I must say I'm rather shocked and very disappointed this has happened to ATS to say the least! After following the forum for over 6 years and considering how much real trolling has gone on in the past especially from the debunkers who generally resort to name calling and straw men arguments, the time and effort people have put into those threads and then to just scrub it because they think people are trolling... Gheeez! Someone really must of hit a nerve or something, it seems as if someone else has taken charge who is very much against 911 conspiracy! Now that is ignorance! Fuck the ATS.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 1 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Related discussion regarding ATS -

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10803766

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10805955

+Quote Post
Domenick DiMaggi...
post Aug 1 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,875

visiting ATS is like directly logging onto a CIA forum to tell them you know the truth about _______ [insert topic of your choice]. the site is full of malware, spyware, and keyloggers. it is also full of people who are paid to spend their entire day there making any argument possible to attempt to discredit the user/user's message. it is total shit. i've warned as many people as i can.....you might as well be posting on the james randi forums. in fact, most of the ATS posters are James Randi members or as their known because of their indoctrination into the Randi cult - Randi's Kids.

+Quote Post
jimmy
post Aug 1 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,030

I never trusted the authenticity of ATS!! To me ATS has been 'suspect' from the very beginning! I am not so sure that ATS is not infiltrated by moles! Or that it even had been set up for moles! From the beginning, I suspected ATS to be a plant to support government lies!!

+Quote Post
Teardrop
post Aug 1 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,184

Outrageous stance by ATS
The likes of goodoldave and co. have always hunted in packs, to the point of it being a total obsession with them.
I`m not talking about an interest in 9/11 discussions, I`m talking a year upon year constant daily hammering,
you can`t get 5 posts into a discussion without them belittling someone, probably causing a lot of readers to move on - tired of their drivel.
Must be paid for their dedication to the cause.

for Pilots for 9/11 Truth to be treated in this way by ATS owners must be that P4T have won a battle on ATS.

Now go on and win the war P4T thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
FM258
post Aug 1 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 64

QUOTE (Domenick DiMaggio CIT @ Aug 1 2012, 09:27 AM) *
visiting ATS is like directly logging onto a CIA forum to tell them you know the truth about _______ [insert topic of your choice]. the site is full of malware, spyware, and keyloggers. it is also full of people who are paid to spend their entire day there making any argument possible to attempt to discredit the user/user's message. it is total shit. i've warned as many people as i can.....you might as well be posting on the james randi forums. in fact, most of the ATS posters are James Randi members or as their known because of their indoctrination into the Randi cult - Randi's Kids.

Agree Dom... let them shut it down... you cant stop an idea whose time has come.

+Quote Post
911analyzer
post Aug 1 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #12

Yeah well I wonder if there is really any advantage, to either board, to perpetuate the situation, and I don't even know what the real situation IS there, from a moderator standpoint. And I might point out, neither do any of you. But ATS has not auto-censored P4T material. That's an important fact, like it or not. And they have even continued to allow P4T material despite the auto censor on ats links here. If they auto-censor P4T links as a solution it is going to gut quite a few threads, and particularly a lot of my threads on the subject there- which are sourced from here. And that would totally suck, as P4T is an essential part of 9/11 Truth, in my opinion. I have no clue what they are going to do, but they have at least opened the forum back up to be viewed ONLY...no posting allowed yet. Well, at least I can't, that's for sure. I can only speak for myself. And that's all I know.

I think both boards ought to just chill the fuck out and get back to business as usual. What about the young innocent who discover this topic somewhere and end up here or over there? The board wars may just cost us an important up and coming researcher with all the vitriol going around.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 1 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (911analyzer @ Aug 1 2012, 04:16 PM) *
And they have even continued to allow P4T material despite the auto censor on ats links here.

ATS mods are notorious for censorship. They constantly delete member posts, wrecking their own board and continuity for the readers, they ban without warning or explanation. ATS is perhaps the most heavily censored forum on the internet, and you're worried about a link that we filter so our members don't get inundated with spyware and malware if they were to visit the link? Really?

You do know that you can post a link to ATS on this board. We do not censor anything, and we certainly don't delete member posts as does the ATS "Ministry Of Truth".

OSS had to post the 9/11 Intercepted thread 3 times before their mods stopped deleting it. Then their mods deleted nearly every other post in the thread due to 'duhbunker' trolling, off topic rants, and personal attacks, completely making a mess out of it. They closed the other for "review". It is still closed.

If you want to experience censorship in all it's glory, copy/paste the following link to your browser. This is just one of many messes their mods have made on the ATS board.

CODE
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread862461/pg1

But be sure to clear your cookies after the visit, maybe scan your HD.... and perhaps take a shower.

+Quote Post
FM258
post Aug 1 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #14

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 64

QUOTE (rob balsamo @ Aug 1 2012, 03:33 PM) *
ATS mods are notorious for censorship. They constantly delete member posts, wrecking their own board and continuity for the readers, they ban without warning or explanation. ATS is perhaps the most heavily censored forum on the internet, and you're worried about a link that we filter so our members don't get inundated with spyware and malware if they were to visit the link? Really?

You do know that you can post a link to ATS on this board. We do not censor anything, and we certainly don't delete member posts as does the ATS "Ministry Of Truth".

OSS had to post the 9/11 Intercepted thread 3 times before their mods stopped deleting it. Then their mods deleted nearly every other post in the thread due to 'duhbunker' trolling, off topic rants, and personal attacks, completely making a mess out of it. They closed the other for "review". It is still closed.

If you want to experience censorship in all it's glory, visit ATS. But be sure to clear your cookies after the visit, maybe scan your HD.... and perhaps take a shower.

I stopped going to ATS years ago...the trolling was out of control, and the mods in many cases sided with the trolls.

+Quote Post
911analyzer
post Aug 1 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (rob balsamo @ Aug 1 2012, 04:33 PM) *
This is just one of many messes their mods have made on the ATS board.

CODE
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread862461/pg1

Jesus, I hadn't even seen that yet. My God. Well there is no question then with the amount of moderation it took in that thread to keep posters on topic and stop the personal attacks, I'd be fucking done with it too, frankly. Who the FUCK wants to moderate that bunch of shit? I sure wouldn't, if it was me. I had already seen the film, so I really hadn't even gotten to that thread yet. After looking at that, I couldn't blame them one stinking bit for wiping out the 9/11 forum altogether. It's just become too much of a hassle, and I believe they have more problems out of it than just about any other forum. Constantly, even worse than the political madness forum, I would guess.

Holy crap, that has got to be the most heavily moderated thread I have ever seen on ATS, and I've been pretty active there since 2004, and before that even as a lurker for at least a full year. But in my opinion most of it is NOT the staff's fault. It is the users fault, for not following rules and T&C. And as to all this spyware, malware and keyloggers some are claiming- I completely disagree. I've never had to worry about any of it- I have the best protection in the business. But it would still alert me on it, and can't say I've ever been even alerted. They take those issues very seriously there.

Anyway, that's my last on the subject, period. GOD I hate this BS. Can't we all just get along?

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 1 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (911analyzer @ Aug 1 2012, 05:12 PM) *
But in my opinion most of it is NOT the staff's fault. It is the users fault, for not following rules and T&C.

It is the staff's fault for letting it get so out of hand. Any P4T topic which is posted there, 'duhbunkers' come out of the woodwork and start personal attacks, strawman arguments, and off-topic rants. The mods do nothing... The thread stretches out to pages and pages of off-topic BS.... The mods do nothing. When this happens, people start to complain why the mods aren't doing anything.... so the mods finally make a decision and start a shredding session, which makes their forum look more of a mess.

Then they close the whole forum and somehow blame it on us? Hysterical....

911analyzer, you know first hand that their mods delete posts related to P4T out of their bias, and then lie about the reason of deletion.

And as to all this spyware, malware and keyloggers some are claiming- I completely disagree. I've never had to worry about any of it- I have the best protection in the business. But it would still alert me on it, and can't say I've ever been even alerted. They take those issues very seriously there.

I get alerts all the time. You should update your database. Try this, clear all your cookies, then visit ATS, then check your cookies. It's not so much ATS itself which have the spyware and malware, it is their walls and walls of ad's.

Anyway, that's my last on the subject, period. GOD I hate this BS. Can't we all just get along?

If we all got along, 9/11/2001 would have been just another day, I would have had a great time flying a trip that I picked up out of open time, and none of us would be here today.

+Quote Post
elreb
post Aug 1 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #17

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,617

QUOTE (911analyzer @ Aug 1 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Jesus... My God...FUCK...Holy crap, GOD...

How many times can someone say…god, fuck, shit, Jesus and holy crap?

And never have a point?

+Quote Post
911analyzer
post Aug 1 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (elreb @ Aug 1 2012, 08:33 PM) *
How many times can someone say…god, fuck, shit, Jesus and holy crap?

And never have a point?

About as many times as some idiot cherry picks the bad words from the point. rolleyes.gif

What's your point? Oh, you have no point. Right. I should have known better than to expect any point at all out of YOU.

I don't usually post with such language. Leave me alone. Told you, this is done. I have no idea what they are doing. I shall refrain from using such language in the future here. Wondering if this place is more hostile than ATS. I was doing great by not posting here at all, and now I remember why. And if info needed, just asking Rob.

+Quote Post
LambchopBob
post Aug 2 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #19

Group: Troll
Member No.: 6,954

When Does It Become a Problem?

Some look at conspiracy theory websites as a joke. The fringe some would say. Folks that frequent these websites are there for a variety of different reasons; they believe in what they read and want to learn more, they are interested in certain topics, some see it as a hobby to "debunk" some of these conspiracy theories. Unfortunately, there are some that actually go one these sites (and other websites of a multitude of topics,) and just bash people. They judge them for what they believe. I guess you can say there are others that could be a mixture of all of the above.

What was happening over at AboveTopSecret was indeed a combination of a couple things. From my understanding, the management at ATS shut down the 9/11 Forum due to the consistent trolling and creation of "socks" created by PFT founder Robert Balsamo. Some people do actually make socks from time to time. This too can be for a variety of reasons: Banned accounts, wishing to post anonymously, or maybe you're just killing time? When does it become too much?

Mr. Balsamo has stated in the past that he enjoys making up a socks:

Granted, I love to register socks at ATS when i'm bored to kick up the hornets nest, ...

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...&p=10806074

So, "kicking up the hornets nest" is in fact trolling. So when does it become a problem? Mr. Balsamo has created many socks at ATS. Sometimes 3 or 4 socks in one thread. In fact, he has created approximately 30 socks at ATS! Here is a list of some of them.

CaptRalph
Cl1mh4224rd
Elnine
GayPilot
GovernmentLoyalist
HassleHoff
Hxtamper
IceRoadTrucker
IWatchyou
JohnDoex
Lachstockn2
Lord9
MrHerbert
OneOne
Oynstein
PrettyInPink
R_Mackey
Rearnakedchoke
RobertBalsamo1
Texasjack
TheFonz
TheGameIsup
ThePostExaminer
TiffanyInLA
Tony Soprano
Trioforcharity
TruthCon
TwoSheds
Weedwhacker
WetBlankey

Now, I will be called an anonymous troll, a shill, etc. It's okay though, I am not interested in any of that. I'm just trying to clear the air on what really happened at ATS. Your opinions on them are yours and I really don't care if some of you think they are somehow in with the government.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Aug 2 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (LambchopBob @ Aug 2 2012, 08:48 AM) *
When Does It Become a Problem?

Ha!

Not even half of those UserID's are mine. Some of them are though, and some you missed smile.gif. And if you read through some of the posts made by the above mentioned, they stick to topic, expose strawman arguments, and debate the analysis (although the ATS mods deleted many of them and lied about the reasons for deletion - case in point). Unlike the duhbunker trolls at ATS who have nothing more to offer than personal attacks and off-topic rhetoric in virtually every P4T thread started at ATS.

As i have stated many times before, anyone who defends our work is supposedly "Rob Balsamo" to these trolls. On one forum, so many people were accused of being one of my socks, they all used my photo from patriots as their avatar. It was pretty funny to watch, the duhbunkers were going bizerk. That forum was shut down as well, but it was because I contacted the owners myself for the repeated libel going on. One duhbunker was so desperate to discredit me, he accused me of a very serious crime on their forum (think Sandusky). Yeah, that didn't last too long.

And as I have stated before, if ATS would have let me use my real name, I would, unlike any of you 'duhbunkers' that hide behind your masks. JREF denied my registration before I was even able to make a post under my real name. I was banned at ATS after perhaps 3 posts when using my real name, and all of the posts deleted.

Now, the definition of a sock is having more than 1 userID registered and active on a forum, such as John Farmer, aka, "911Files", aka "spcengineer", aka "GovernmentLoyalist", weedwhacker/proudbird is another one with multiple active socks on ATS.... the list goes on. Heck, Bill "Pinch" Paisley has perhaps 5 active socks on this forum alone. You are probably another one of his socks as he has such an unhealthy obsession with me that he uses my name in one form or another for his UserID's, one of his socks is trebor (Robert spelled backwards). One thing is for certain though, you do have an unhealthy obsession with me, "LambChopBob", to think of and make such a long list of my supposed socks. It's good to know I live rent free in your head.

So, by definition, i never really had a 'sock' at all on ATS, as i never had more than 1 UserID active at one time on their forum. Each time I was banned from ATS, I made another when I wanted to go in and bat around the duhbunkers. I also never hid my IP via proxy. Why waste the time? Only duhbunkers are so paranoid to hide their IP's.

Then you have people like "Capt Obvious" who has registered perhaps 10 or 11 socks at ATS. Throatyogurt/CameronFox/ImaPepper/Six Sigma.... Mr Herbert at JREF... the list goes on... goodolddave... hooper.. etc... For what? To argue day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year... with people who he thinks are nuts? He must really be having a rough time deciding what to do with his life since the ATS 9/11 board was closed. That was his whole purpose for living it seemed.

I suppose now that the ATS board is shut down, we will now get all their 'duhbunker' trolls. That's a good thing actually... At least now I will be able to address their attacks without having to type fast before being banned because some duhbunker troll cried to the mods instead of being able to debate me. If they follow the rules of this board, they can stick around.

Good for you "LambchopBob", at least you have more courage than the rest of your cohorts! Now all you need to do is use your real name when attacking me. Then perhaps I and others will have some respect for you and what you have to say.

Here is the bottom line....

"LambChopBob", there are perhaps 3 or 4 threads on the front page forum index of the ATS 911 Forum related to P4T, out of maybe 50+ which are mostly WTC collapse debate/threads. Do you feel that is a reason to shut down the whole forum and blame it on P4T? Especially for a forum which was supposedly under "Close Staff Scrutiny"? If the majority of the threads on their forum index were P4T related, perhaps i could see their point. But less than 6% of the front page content is related to P4T and ATS staff considered such a display as "organized trolling" and shut down the forum. Really?

Even if ALL P4T related threads were considered intentional and organized trolling (which it isn't).... How many forums do you know which will shut down when 6% of their content is considered trolling? ATS is a joke dude, they have had a stick up their ass for P4T for quite some time. Why, I do not know. Maybe it is because we don't push their UFO theories... who knows.

Basically, attacks on P4T (and libeling me personally) were allowed and supported by ATS staff for years at their 911 forum, even if it violated their own Terms And Conditions. When such attacks were confronted and successfully defended in the very few threads related to P4T, ATS staff shut down the forum and blamed it on us. Those are the facts.

"Artists use lies to tell the truth, politicians use lies to hide the truth..."

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 06:36 PM