IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sanders' Religion Thread, Begun @ LC Forum

Sanders
post Feb 26 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #381

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

QUOTE (tocarm @ Feb 26 2007, 11:04 AM)
Why are you so "troubled" by THE FACT that God Himself took on our human INCARNATE nature in the Divine Person of Jesus of Nazareth - conceived in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary by the Power of God the Holy Spirit and born into our human race roughly 2,000 years ago?

I'm not troubled by anything like that - I'm not even dissagreeing with you - I haven't even stated what I personally believe, but that is immaterial in my mind. I think we're just not comunicating very well... I'm sorry you think I was being beligerent, I didn't mean anything personally toward you, and I completely respect your passion for what you believe. The only point I was trying to make was that this thread was always about simply comparing the 3 religions, and plotting their histories through the millemiums, while being tolerant of other's beliefs.

dunno.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tocarm
post Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #382

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 329

Dear Sanders,

Where on earth did the human race ever get indoctrinated into EVERYTHING HAVING TO BE "tolerated"?

We have 'Political Correctness' in politics, in the media, in human behaviors which are entirely contrary to human beings' nature. Since we are we supposed to be 'P.C.' about dogmatic/doctrinal mattes with respect to Religion?

This "tolerating" every manner of BULLSH!T is precisely the 'social SICKNESS' that is going to get our entire human race wiped off the face of the planet of this earth!

With respect to 'JUDAISM'...there is >>NO LONGER<< any valid form of Judiasm since the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple back in 70 A.D. And as for Islam, the prophet Mohammed has it ALL WRONG about Christ.

So we are supposed to "tolerate" what refers to itself as 'Judaism' under Talmudic, Zionist, Kabbalistic influences pitting IT'S psuedo-religious beliefs which has it ALL WRONG about Christ vs. Islam which likewise has it ALL WRONG about Christ to the point we are supposed to "tolerate" their desires to plunge the entire planet earth into a thermonuclear Third World War for the Illuminati?

Contemporary 'Judiasm' is in CRITICAL ERROR with respect to it's religious beliefs.
Contemporary 'Islam' is in CRITICAL ERROR with respec to it's religious beliefs.

If we are to be "tolerant" of what each and every last person "believes", then we are "condemned" into having TO ACCEPT whatever sorts and forms of both PERSONAL as well as COMMUNAL BEHAVIORS of every last person alive on planet earth.

Bush has his "religious beliefs" - and are we to 'tolerate' THEM if those beliefs require the US military makes a MASS THERMONUCLEAR SACRIFICE of hundreds of thousands...maybe millions...of people to his god MOLOCH???

Anyways...why don't you tell us all of your own "religious beliefs". Can't hurt now, can it? You're not ashamed of your "religious beliefs", now are you?

- tocarm

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Feb 26 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #383

Group Icon

Well, I think it's time to close this thread.

The last thing I wanted was a quarrel between tocarm and myself.

BTW, I don't believe in god -- since you asked. Not ashamed to say it in the least.

Sayonara

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Apr 30 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #384

Group Icon

Re-opened

Please peruse the entire thread before posting, there's a continuance thing here.

(All 26 pages?? Ya gotta be joking !!!!???)

Hehe

+Quote Post
Guinan
post Apr 30 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #385

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 72

QUOTE (Sanders @ Apr 30 2007, 07:26 PM)
Re-opened

Please peruse the entire thread before posting, there's a continuance thing here.

(All 26 pages?? Ya gotta be joking !!!!???)

Hehe

+Quote Post
Sanders
post May 12 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #386

Group Icon

Ahh, well, were where we??

We were at the beginning of the Crusades.

To the uninitiated, this thread started with Abraham. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all can trace their roots to Abraham. We covered a couple thousand years of ground in these 26 pages, albeit via a circutous route.

I've been sort of busy this winter, as have we all. Rob released Pandora's Box chapter II, BBC World got busted (but the media ignored it), Rosie came out of the closet (the media DIDN'T ignore it), Cheney's itching to invade Iran, Loose Change Final Cut is in the pipeline, and none of us have been carted off to a FEMA camp yet, thank 'God'.

So I s'pose I can spare a little tiny bit of time to one of my favorite subjects.

A couple of rules, once more for good measure - no preaching allowed. Tolerance is almightly. The goal here is not to convince anyone of the truth or fiction of one religion or another, it's to trace the histories of the 3 major religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam - there's no prejudice here, other religions are not focused on simply because they don't impact on the war on terror as of this posting) through history. Much of the "history" of the various religions may or may not be based on historical fact or fiction - that is understood and is not necessarily relevant. We are trying to figure out what exactly is the historical record, and what various peoples of the world who are engaged in the "Clash of Civilizations" currently being promoted believe. That is all.

I'm sort of looking forward to diving into the Crusades, for the reason that this is where the Knights Templar came to power. The Knights Templar are the founders of our current banking and legal systems. Interestingly, the home of the International Bar Association is STILL the Crown Temple Church in the City of London, the same church that many of the Templars called home after they returned to England from the Holy Land. The current center of the wold's banking system, if you exlude the Bank of International Settlements in Switzerland, is also there in the City of London, the Bank of England is just a hop skip and a jump down the street from the Crown Temple Church. In other words, this, the Crusades, is where it all started.

For anyone that doubts that the effect of the crusades are not still felt in more ways than one, the Middle East, particularly Israel, Syria and Lebanon, are dotted with the castles built during the Crusades. Purportedly, Muslims still talk about the Christian invasions. When GHW Bush initiated the 1st Gulf War, some headlines read: "Al-Salibiya !!" (crusade)

So.

The ancestors of the barbarians (Franks, et.al) that had long since displaced the Holy Roman Empire finally filed into Constantinople (modern Istanbul) in 1095 (?), and were disgusted by the sight of the Byzantine Emperor, Alexus I. (One of the reasons the Crusade was called for by Pope Urban II was because the Seljuk Turks had invaded Anatolia, or modern Turkey ... if you are fuzzy, back up a few pages).

Alexus I was a weak, pampered, shadow of a man. The Frankish knights were burly ruffarians who had been weaned in battle. The Crusaders weren't impressed. Whatever, they carried on into Anatolia in pursuit of the Seljuk turks...

+Quote Post
Factfinder Gener...
post Oct 10 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #387

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 1,808

QUOTE (librarian @ Nov 11 2006, 07:06 AM)
Posted by: FL2  Jul 28 2006, 10:49 PM

A fascinating composite word, ISIS, RA and EL.

Just checked

Is = Stands for Isis, the queen of the throne.
Ra = symbolizes the Sun
El = The supreme God (masculine entity)

I haven't thoroughly digested this thread in total but I alighted upon this particular reply which I feel deserves some clarification. (I promise I wll get to perusing all 26 pages though, Sanders. wink.gif)

Icke among others propagates this break down of the word Israel, and it is popularly assumed as the hidden secret behind the name within many alternative history circles. On the surface of it, the break down seems plausible but it is not etymologically sound. The real story of what "They" are obscuring about the name "Israel" is that it stands for Isra El, i.e. The God (el) Isra otherwise called Assur or Osir. Assur and Osir are derived from the same root, i.e. the appellation for semen or seed: oos, hence Juice and interestingly, Zeus.

In this respect, Israel, Osiris, Assura, and Zeus all basically mean Holy Sperm.

Athene, Yahweh, and Zion, Dionne, Dianna, Britannia etc. all mean Holy Egg. the term On, Ahweh or Ova, Oon, Ene, onne, Annia and Anna all signify egg or ovum or womb and the prefixes Ath, Ya, Brit, Di and Zi all designate high eminence or similar holy status.

A note here regarding the greatly obscured origins of the most significant term "Zion":

The original wife of Zeus or Deus was Zion or Dionne. Hera is merely an honorific meaning heroic, i.e. Zion was a "heroic" Goddess. Zeus would have been similarly designated a "Hero" to Zion/Dionne's "Hera". Zion, simply put, is the magical and most powerful Sky Goddess, as is Britannia and Athena, and in fact they are all one and the same. While I'm on this point I might as well add that of course Britannia "rules the waves" as do Zion and Athene being that they are one and the same. The behavior of the sky is properly thought of as dominating the water below it.

Of special and intriguing interest is the fact that the promoters of the judaic religions have reversed the male/female status of these god terms: Yahweh, being a case in point. Yahweh clearly stands for holy egg or womb and was once regarded as the female deity. In original terms the sky was female and representing the womb and the sun was seen to be the egg/yolk in the womb from which was born the child, i.e. sonne or son.

What is popularly presented as the hidden female deity in the bible, i.e. Ashera, who is represented by the Ashera pole or post, was actually the male god, Assyria and the pole is an obvious metaphor for the penis. The Earth was in former times regarded as male. Assura, Osiris etc are all represented by poles, obelixes or trees.

So our Sky Father is more properly thought of as a Sky mother, i.e. this is a more appropriate and useful metaphor and in likewise fashion, our Earth Mother is more properly thought of as an Earth Father.

Big question: why would the "powers that be" reverse and obscure things in this way?

Big answer: "They" are the deceivers that routinely present black as white and vice versa and routinely obscure ALL truth.

This post has been edited by Factfinder General: Oct 10 2007, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Oct 10 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #388

Group Icon

QUOTE (Factfinder General @ Oct 11 2007, 02:57 AM)
I haven't thoroughly digested this thread in total...

GOOD LUCK !!! laugh.gif

(back to topic - Interesting stuff)

+Quote Post
THE_DECIDER
post Mar 28 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #389

Member No.: 3

just throwing this in...

1) our presidents are blood related to the queen, the queen is blood related to the hebrews, the hebrew bloodline came from the egyptian pheroas.

2) non historical figures... {mosses} usually lived around the same time when HISTORICAL figures were alive {king tut mosses} pretty much all characters in the bible were stories of egyptian rulers..

3) in the bible...it generaly refers to 8 rules you have to follow ALONG with not sinning.... nobody is going to heavan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzzORZhnCao

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Mar 29 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #390

Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_DECIDER @ Apr 1 2008, 04:14 AM) *
just throwing this in...

1) our presidents are blood related to the queen, the queen is blood related to the hebrews, the hebrew bloodline came from the egyptian pheroas.

2) non historical figures... {mosses} usually lived around the same time when HISTORICAL figures were alive {king tut mosses} pretty much all characters in the bible were stories of egyptian rulers..

3) in the bible...it generaly refers to 8 rules you have to follow ALONG with not sinning.... nobody is going to heavan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzzORZhnCao

First of all, yo THE DECIDER, really great to hear from you. Hope you are happy and well.

I spent a lot of time and energy chasing down that 'Tribe of Dan' stuff. There is only circumstantial evidence that the Hebrews are descended from Pharoahs ... I have found that the whole puzzle comes together much more readily if you consider Egypt as a pit-stop rather than as a source. The source is Sumer. IMO. Two little pieces are very intriguing to me, which center on the Israeli tribes of Dan and Nephtali - the patrons of both (Dan and Nephtali were full brothers) were from the same mother according to the Bible, and were illegitimate (very significant IMO). Both tribes occupied (after the tribe of Dan moved to the northern reaches of Israel) adjacent lands, both were farthest from the country of Judah, both were reportedly "pagan" in nature according various bible passages. The name of the tribe of "Nephtali" is awfully close to Nephilim, which described the "fallen angels" of Sumer - one of which of those "angels" was named Daniel.

But then you get into the subject of the Dragon blood-line - which connects directly to what you mentioned about the Queen ... but a bit too deep for this post. Anyway, my advice is, don't get too centered on Egypt - Egypt is not the source. The source is Sumeria, which appears to be close to the Biblical Eden. (Actually "Eden" is now under water - under the Persian Gulf, from what I can tell. )

(If anyone is interested in this topic...)
http://www.chaban.ripside.com/forum/index.php?topic=12.0

+Quote Post
THE_DECIDER
post Mar 29 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #391

thanx smile.gif

i admit i have been primaraly focusing on egypt..

religion to me is amazing... i talked to a pretty smart guy 20 plus years of collages.. and he believes in it all...

but at the same time he says the bible was "written" by/for... the emperor of rome.. 350 AD he felt the hebrews had it right and christianity made the most sense... so he felt it should be a religion...

more or less... im sure im missing alot of what he said...lol

so heres a very religious person....admitting the bible is 100% malarchy... but in his words... "nothing that explains mans existance better has come along" so untill he obtains better evidence...hes sticking with the bible...

totally amazing.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Mar 30 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #392

Group Icon

When I saw "Ring of Power", I immediately noticed a few glaring mistakes in the film, things that were stated as being factual which were demonstrably untrue. Quest still thought the film had a lot of value, so I started investigating for myself, and the seach quickly led me to an obscure branch of research that people dub "the dragon blood-line". It's VEERRRY interesting in my opinion. As I was trying to get a handle on it, I wrote quite a few lengthy posts about it, they are all there @ that link above.

One thing I never got into though, was the pyamids. Did you know there are pyramids in modern Iran and in China as well? THAT to me is interesting - particularly when you note that written script appears to have appeared first in Sumeria, then Egypt, then in the Indus Valley (and from there to China). I could make more suppositions, maybe about correlations pertaining to shipbuilding, metalurgy, the construction of pyramids and even the myths which would manifest in various pagan belief systems that originated in Sumeria (or, Chaldea if you will - practically the same place...) and how those foundations of "civilization" seem to fan out from ancient Sumeria over the centuries - but it's a lot of work and a lot of the info is controversial or hard to find (on the internet at least). Haha, a little project I got tired of obsessing over.

But, and this reconnects with your above comments Decider, I did discover that evidence of this ancient time comes in the form of those ancient texts, and that stories about what was happening at the time were generally written down in the form of myths and legends - not unlike the bible, there is some decoding that must be done and various texts compared to make any rational assumption about what who where and when - about anything. The bible, which I hadn't had any interest in for decades, suddenly became interesting to me. As a coded record of sorts of ancient history - indeed, the whole doctrine of Kabbala (I'm certain I spelled that wrong - too lazy to look it up) is that of decifering the code of ancient texts to get at the meat of it. Obviously the goal of Kabbala is spiritual enlightenment, while my only interest was in figuring out who was who and where they went and when ... but the "coded" and "mythical" nature of the bible (as I interpret it) can be viewed as merely one example of a slew of other ancient texts that are clouded in mythology and written in codes, so to speak. .... Just an observation.

+Quote Post
THE_DECIDER
post Apr 2 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #393

you noticed ive seen RING OF POWER a few times?...lol.. i loooooove it......given..it contradicts itself a few times... but all and all...it is so jam packed with information, and vertually nothing is proven...just more like a story telling session....wich i dont mind.. cuz i feel that documentaries should bring up a topic..and the viewer should research it..

i posted a new video "ESOTERIC AGENDA" it goes into the "mystery religion" how vertually all symbols and rituals we do are pagen and 2012 it may reveal itself.. "worship of earth" global warming?

toaly awesome movie! 3 times as good as ZEITGEIST

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Apr 3 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #394

Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_DECIDER @ Apr 6 2008, 11:03 AM) *
you noticed ive seen RING OF POWER a few times?...lol.. i loooooove it......given..it contradicts itself a few times... but all and all...it is so jam packed with information, and vertually nothing is proven...just more like a story telling session....wich i dont mind.. cuz i feel that documentaries should bring up a topic..and the viewer should research it..

Well put - I feel both of those flicks are important because the subject matter hasn't been touched on in documentary form anywhere else (that I know of). Unfortunately, at times the evidence they provide to support their conclusions leaves a little to be desired. Apart from that, personally, I think both films over-focus on Egypt.

I think the maker of Ring of Power is on the money when she connects the Tribe of Dan to the Danaus of Greece, but I don't think the source of these conquering pagans was Egypt, the impression that film leaves one with.

From a write up I did about the Tribe of Dan -
...Homer called the Greeks "Danois".

Petavius says that Danaus was the son of Bela - who was a sojourner in Egypt - and fled with his tribe to Greece - settling near Argos, a century before the Exodus.

Danau/Danaus' "patriarch" is cited alternately as Belus, Belos, or Bela. Who is Belus?

"Belus (Greek?) the Egyptian is in Greek Mythology a son of Poseidon by Libya. He was a King of Egypt and father of Aegyptus and Danaus."

Another thing I stumbled on to said that Belus was an Egyptian King who sired two sons Aegyptus and Danaus ... his son Danaus ruled LIBYA. Is this why in Greek mythology Belus' mother is described as Libya?

One more:
The ancient Greek records of Hecateus of Abdera, a Greek historian and philosopher of the 4th century B.C., say: “The most distinguished of the expelled foreigners followed Danaus and Cadmus from Egypt; but the greater number were led by Moses into Judæa.”

In the Bible, Dan and Nephtali were full brothers, sons of Jacob by a handmaiden named Bilhah. Remembering that Hebrew is written without vowels, could Bilhah somehow represent Bela/Belus? Bela was supposedly Danaus' father in Greek mythology, whereas Bilhah was Dan's mother in the bible. Yet, if one allows for a certain amount of allegory in these stories, it's not crazy to see a possible connection here.

Note this as well, Dan and Nephtali were represented as full brothers and were closely associated. Dan (in the Bible), despite being the 2nd most populous tribe, recieved a paltry portion of land. They decided to invade Laish (a city near Sidon just north of the Israelite lands), killed all the inhabitants and changed the city's name to Dan. (This city was adjacent to Mount Herman, also known as Mt. Sion. Apparently, "Hermes" of Greek legend comes from this Mt. Herman, as does the "Sion" in the Priory of Sion name, not Mt. Zion near Jerusulem.)

More significantly, this new territory that the Tribe of Dan made their own was adjacent to that of the Nephtali tribe. Other writings say that, much later in history, descendents of the tribes of Dan and Naphtali migrated together first to Scythia (which became Khazaria), then later to Scandinavia, Dan settling in Denmark and Naphtali settling in what is now Norway. It's also suggested that the Sc- in "Scandinavia" (as well as "Scotland") derives from Scythia. That the Vikings came from Scythia is widely believed and there's alot of evidence for it. Point is, the tribes of Dan and Nephtali were apparently closely allied, and maybe were regarded as apart from the other tribes, particularly Dan. In a passage from the Old Testament, the "Song of Deborah", the Tribe of Dan is repremanded for "Remaining in Ships" while the other Israelites fought the Canaanites. I read an interesting analysis of this, where the Canaanites of Sidon and Tyre stood by and allowed the tribe of Dan to sack and take over nearby Laish in a sort of neutrality pact, and later to honor this pact the tribe of Dan remained neutral when the other tribes were battling it out with the Canaanites. (Canaanites and Phoenicians are synonomous - Phoenician being the Greek term for the Canaanites btw.) The salient point though, is that the Tribe of Dan didn't care for the land they were given in the south - they prefered to be up north next to their bretheren the Nephtali.

So, if I'm to try and make this connection between the Israelite Dan and the Egyptian Danaus of Greek legend, then is there a parallel correlation between Nephtali and someone else in the Bela/Belus family of legend?

No. But the name sure sounds alot like "Nephilim". Nephilim, of ancient Mesopotamian pagan legend, were fallen angels, sired by the god Elohim paired with human females.

I looked up the origins of the word Naphtali, and here's what I got (remember that the mark of the Tribe of Dan was the serpent) -

"The name Naphtali is commonly understood to come from patal meaning to twist. Derivatives are cord, thread; (petaltol 1857b), tortuous (Deut 32:5); (naptulim 1857c), wrestlings (Gen 30:8).
Some other occurrences of the verb-plus-nun are: Job 5:13 ...the advice of he cunning (; NAS); and Pr 8:8 ...crooked or perverted (; NAS)."

Then there's this:

"Diodorus Siculus (1.27.28) claims that Belus founded a colony on the river Euphrates and appointed the priests whom the Bablyonians call Chaldeans."

And this:
"Modern writers speculate on a possible connection between Belus and one or another god who bore the common northwest Semitic title Ba‘al."

Ba'al ???

And, the name of one of the "fallen angels" (Nephilim) was ... Daniel (Book of Enoch).

One other piece of this puzzle needs to be brought up. The city of Dan was near Tyre, and when Solomon decided to build his temple he appealed to the King of Tyre, who sent him Hiram. Hiram's mother was from the tribe of Dan, and Hiram's workforce were said to be Phoenicians. Read: Canaanites, the ones around Sidon and Tyre just north of Israel proper - the ones who apparently made a pact with their Dan neighbors ... In fact, the Danaus of Egypt/Greece are also often connected to (or said to BE) Phoenicians, or "Sea People". I won't go into the story of Hiram right now, other than to say the legend of Hiram, Solomon's master builder, in many respects mirrors that of the Egyptian god Osiris, and that this story and the meaning behind it is part and parcel of the initiation rite of the 3rd degree in Freemasonry.

To try and tie this all together, we are talking about two allied tribes that were, at least in the case of Dan, the "black sheep" of the Israelites. Both were descended from sons of Jacob by a handmaiden (i.e. illegitimate) . Try to view these stories as allegorical or coded - indeed the whole study of Kabbalah revolves around coded truths. And let go of the idea that the tribe of Dan was Jewish just because they were one of the Israelite tribes ... Judah was in the far south and the tribes of Dan and Nephtali lived in the far north. The whole story of the Israelites strikes me as a story of a large group of people, related but separated into tribes, struggling with the concept of renouncing pagan gods and idols and accepting monotheism. Solomon's pagan ways illustrates the point I think, and in Revelation Dan is excluded from the list of tribes which are "sealed", specifically they were unworthy because of their "pagan traditions".

In other words, not too put too fine a point on it, the tribe of Dan were solidly pagan - and their descendants that sailed or marched out of Egypt and Canaan into Greece, Macedonia, Sardinia, Scythia, Scandinavia, Denmark and the British aisles, overwhelming the indigenous peoples along the way with their superior ships, trading and warring finess and knowlege of metalurgy, carried those pagan beliefs with them wherever they went. Similarities are rife between Druid paganism, Greek paganism and Viking paganism ... and all correlate in various respects with the ancient legends rooted in ancient Mesopotamia/Chaldea, where Dan, or the Danaus (as well as the other patiarchs of the Old Testement for that matter), originated.

This, about an ancient historian, Manetho, who claimed the Hyksos settled in Canaan (further confirmation of the theory put forth in the documentary "Ring of Power", which I mentioned earlier, that the Hapiru and Hyksos kings of Egypt and the Israelites were one and the same), and another historian by the name of Berosus, a priest of Belus, is also very interesting ... remember, Belus was the father of Danaus in Greek legend:

"Manetho, a priest and scribe of Heliopolis, and the Chaldean Berosus, a priest of Belus, both of whom flourished under Ptolemy Philadelphus (285-247), composed accounts in Greek of the history of their respective nations. In the writings of the vanquished to the conquerors, both writers sought to demonstrate that the vanquished peoples were descendents of very ancient and noble civilisations. Berossus, in the Chaldaika to Antiothos I, claimed to base his history on Babylonian astronomical archives 473,000 years old. ... Professor Waddell, in his translation of the works of Manetho [6], said that the works of Berossus and Manetho should be seen principally as expressions of rivalry between Ptolemy and Antiochus, each seeking to proclaim their civilisation the most ancient. "

So Berosus, priest of Belus ("father of Danaus"), was defending his people, a CHALDEAN people, the people to whom Danaus belonged. This is problematic, for the area was not known as Chaldea until the 6th century BC, far too late to be connected with Dan, a (bilblical) son of Jacob. The paradox can only be resolved by accepting these references as being to a "people", refered to as Chaldeans, that long predate the "Chaldean Empire", who's patriarch was Belus, or "Ba'al", the "father" of Dan. These references are never used in connection with Abraham or his descendents, and I believe this distinction is what is meant by Dan being represented as an illegitimate son of Jacob in the Bible.

In addition to records of the Danaus or Danois in Greece, Greek legends are rife with serpents, such as the myth that the Spartans grew out of planted dragon's teeth, or the baby Hercules, born illegitmately of Zeus and the mortal Alcmene, killing two snakes which had been sent by Zeus' lawful wife to kill him, or Cecrops, a half-serpent king of Athens, Athens having just been invaded by the Edoni (e-DON-i) who were (according to the Greeks) descendents of Danp... everywhere I follow the Danau around I see serpents it seems. The story doesn't end with Dan either by any means. I am currently struggling with a book that totally rejects this theory about the tribe of Dan, yet traces bloodlines from ancient Mesopotamia all over Eurasia right into the Royal families of Europe (including the Balkans and parts of Central Asia) and England ... a bloodline he calls the "Dragon bloodline". These dynasties merge and migrate and compete and war with each other and intermarry throughout history, and it's so damn complicated I've almost given up trying to get through it. But the overriding dragon theme has me intriqued.

In the movie Zeitgeist there is a section that describes the precession through the astrological signs as the earth's axis slowly wobbles - each "age" takes approximately 2150 years, we are now in the age of Pieces, before that we were in the age of Aries, and in 2150 we will enter the age of Aquarius. Connected to this (not mentioned in Zeitgeist) is the impermanence of the North Star. At the moment it is Polaris, but a few thousand years ago it was the star Thuban. As the earth slowly wobbles the "north star" will continue to change, tracing out a circle. Within this circle, wrapped around "theoretical-absolute north" is the constellation Draco - the dragon.

When I discovered that there are ancient pyramids in China (as well as Iran), I couldn't help but wonder about a connection between the royal dragon theme in China to this Chaldea-based fountainhead of pagan worship and conquering traditions. I did find some evidence that the first written texts in both Egypt and the Indus Valley (from where Chinese civilization has it's roots) appeared some centuries after when the first Cuneiform tablets from Mesopotamia are dated, but evidence of a connection is scant. An interesting possibility, nonetheless.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Apr 3 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #395

Group Icon

Haha, look what I stumbled on @ myspace

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...oupID=102396676

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Apr 3 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #396

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,727

Solar Mythology and the Jesus Story

Just keep clicking "next"

+Quote Post
Devilsadvocate
post Apr 9 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #397

Member No.: 551

QUOTE (Sanders @ Apr 3 2008, 11:13 AM) *
Haha, look what I stumbled on @ myspace

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...oupID=102396676

Hierosololo...Wah blink.gif ???

+Quote Post
Carl Bank
post Feb 6 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #398

Member No.: 121

Carl's Religous Glossary (CRG)

Taoism : sh*t happens.

Confucianism : Confucius says, sh*t happens.

Buddhism : sh*t happening is an illusion.

Zen : What is the sound of sh*t happening?

Islam : sh*t happening is the will of Allah.

Catholecism : If sh*t happens, you deserve it.

Protestantism : Let sh*t happen to someone else.

Judaism : Why does sh*t always happen to us?

Calvinism : sh*t happens because you don't work hard enough.

Christian Sciene : If sh*t happens, pray and it will go away.

Mormonism : If sh*t happens, sh*t it!

Hinduism : That sh*t has happened before.

Hare Krishna : sh*t happens, sh*t happens, sh*t, sh*t, happens, happens.

Atheism : sh*t happens for no reason at all.

Agnostic : Maybe sh*t happens, maybe it doesn't.

Stoicism : So sh*t happens, I can take it.

Paganism : sh*t is a part of the Goddess too.

Jehova's wittness : Let us in and we'll tell you why sh*t happens.

Scientology : Join a course and you'll know why sh*t happens.

Rastafarianism : Let's smoke this sh*t and see what happens.

Laotseism : The sh*t that can be described is not the absolute sh*t.

Oshoism : If you don't see sh*t in my eyes, in my gesture and in my silence, you will never find it in my words.

Byronkatiesm : What would you be without that sh*t?

Bachism : If you give a few drops of this sh*t in a bottle and take it four times daily, you are able to better bear all the other sh*t.

Yoganandaism : Always concentrate on the sh*t on the top of your head

Rumiism : Love that sh*t.

Freudism : Let's talk about your sh*t since childhood.

Papajism : There is no sh*t.

Satsangism : Damned, why don't sh*t understand that sh*t already is that sh*t?!

Tatrism : Breath deeply into the sh*t.

Avatarism : I am the source of all this sh*t.

Astrologism : Tell me your birthdate and I tell you the exactly second when your mothers aunt will have her next sh*t.

Sannyaism : The sh*t of my master tastes better than yours.

Yogism : Press your ass and keep it inside.

Vipassanaism : Watch that sh*t, passing your body, as it naturally flows

Bad Bankism : Carl

+Quote Post
GroundPounder
post Feb 6 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #399

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 315

deep sh*t Carl .. deep !! laughing1.gif

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Feb 7 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #400

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 710

way too funny, carl. are you sure you aren't george carlin?

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 01:46 PM