IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9/11 and Air America, Report on Cruise with Air America Hosts

Rating 5 V

maturin42
post Mar 3 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Core Member
Member No.: 633

Wife and I just returned from a cruise organized by Air America Radio. I went on that specifically to confront some of the hosts on that network and take the pulse of the 9/11 sentiment aboard. AAR organized about 400 people for political seminars while cruising down the coast of Baja California on the Holland America Oosterdam. Turns out the community represented by the most progressive and committed people who listen to AAR, as well as some of their hosts, are truthers, from what I saw. Richard Greene is the host of "Clout" from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday thru Friday. He made a strong statement at the end of the first panel session that consisted of himself, Marc Greene - the owner and President of AAR, Randi Rhodes, and Lionel - the AM host.

I wrote a report at the end of that evening:

Written from cabin 4154, Cruise Ship Oosterdam, 2/26/08 sailing South from Mazatlan to Puerto Vallerta, Mexico.

When I signed up for the first Air America cruise, one of my goals was to challenge the open-minded, progressive listeners and radio hosts on 9/11 Truth, or rather the lack of it in their program content. My elevator speech was to the effect that, by attacking all the monsters that have been unleashed by the Bush administration piecemeal - Iraq, Patriot Act, Spying, Torture, Rendition, gutting the Constitution, etc. , it was like attacking a giant squid by grappling with each of its tentacles individually. We don't have enough arms, strength, or endurance to do it. By ignoring 9/11, we, in effect, ignore the body and brain of the monster, and have no hope of defeating it. It isn't a point that is original with me, but I don't mind stealing in an emergency - this is it.

Imagine my elation when one of the hosts, Richard Greene, to whom I had never listened, stood up in the introductory panel and said words to the effect that in order to stop the crimes that are ongoing and that are stealing our country away from us, we must confront and expose 9/11 as a false flag operation. I leapt to my feet and applauded wildly. I was joined by several others. I don't think he was prepared for the response his statement got, and he rapidly set up an impromptu session to show Zeitgeist, Part II and hold a discussion about the issue tonight.

The session went off in front of a couple of hundred people who were about 1/3 9/11 doubters, and the rest divided between government defenders and those who just didn't know what to think. I think it is safe to say that most have now either came over to the doubter category or are well on their way. Early in the discussion following the film, I stood up and announced myself a member of Pilots for 9/11 Truth, outlined the relevant FDR evidence of the flight of American 77, and referred them to the Pilots site for more information, along with the Alan Miller site Patriotsquestion911.com .

Can you imagine a cruise ship abuzz with conversations about 9/11? I was hugged at dinner evening of the 26th by a retired Presbyterian minister who took my web site links and thanked me profusely for speaking out. Said he had been troubled by 9/11 but didn't know where to get information. He does now. I sat next to a man who was questioned by the FBI four times because he was a frequent flyer between LA and Boston. The FBI claimed he had been seated next to two of the hijackers more than once. He said he had a photographic memory for faces and that it was not possible he had ever had a seat-mate who was one of the 19 without remembering it. I met a Move-on.org organizer from Whidby Island who was intensely interested in the subject and who wanted me to contact a woman behind a new web venture by Moveon. Richard Greene, whose show is called CLOUT, is interested in talking more about the subject and lining up shows, and I plan to put him in touch with Rob for an interview on his show. A woman approached me who is a friend of Ted Muga.

Best cruise....EVER!

Progressives are fired up, motivated, and receptive. Don't ever assume how someone feels about the subject. After today's Canopy Tour (high-lining traverses over a rain forest canopy and aguave plantation) I mentioned the 9/11 event to a guy and he said he had been wrestling with the question of whether he should raise the subject. I told him some things that had him slack-jawed and hankering for more.

Written evening of the 26th.

The rest of the week, I was engaged by many people asking questions or voicing support and thanking me for the work of p49t, which I pass on to you. I will put Rob in touch with Richard Greene for a possible interview. There is a poll on the site now running in favor of a MIHOP scenario. http://www.airamerica.com/clout/ .

Marc Greene, the President of AAR, was not eager to encourage talk about 9/11 but didn't quash it. I had good conversations with Randi Rhodes, who was traveling in company with Willie Nelson's wife Annie, who joined the conversation. I was able to convey our appreciation to Willie for speaking out recently. Randi has treated the subject a number of times on her show. I also was able to talk to Thom Hartmann, who has repeatedly challenged the official story on his show before and after AAR. I challenged him politely on his references to 9/11 in his new book "Cracking the Code" for referring to the hijackers as though they were actually what the government said they were instead of patsy myths created for effect. I encouraged him to use "alleged" in referring to elements of the official story instead of defaulting to the myth as truth.

I had dinner with Jim Hightower who seemed well-versed on 9/11 as an inside job, although I have never heard him mention it. Every table I was at had a majority who were 9/11 OCT doubters. Lots of people sought me out for questions or just to express themselves on the subject. One coordinator for Move-on.org said she planned to ask the national organization to involve themselves in the issue and refer them to the Pilots site.

As an aside, Marc Greene did some informal polling of the group. O'Bama was the overwhelming favorite of the group, but when he asked who people were initially for, Kucinich was the overwhelming favorite followed by Edwards. They were settling for OBama.

When he asked how many were atheists - almost every hand went up.

Not a bad week at all. They plan another such cruise in November because of the success of this one, which was sold out.

SFL
Reason for edit: Correcting grammar and clarification
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
painter
post Mar 3 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #2

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 16

GREAT POST maturin42!

I've noticed in my own circles recently that the left-stonewall of the 9/11 Truth issue is softening. People seem more willing to listen even if they don't exactly jump out of their chairs to embrace the position. This has taken YEARS of steady work by thousands of people to even begin to overcome. The one question I hear is "well, ok, so now what?," and, unfortunately, the response I keep hearing is that "Obama" is going to help us "take our country back." IOW, the focus remains on *the Bush administration* (criminal enterprise that it is), rather than looking further afield to the much broader environment of criminality of which it is currently the most obvious component. I keep telling them, "It is the system itself -- and the very first thing we need is verifiable elections and beyond that some sort of restraints on how much influence corporations can buy. But the real problem is the whole matrix of international banking, military industrial complex, energy markets and the intelligence and counterintelligence networks that develop around and within them. That is where the real terrorists are."

Good work! cheers.gif

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Mar 3 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Fantastic job Maturin! Thanks very much for your patriotic actions. thumbsup.gif

I am surprised at how many people are curious/receptive about this question. From my very limited experience, those might outnumber the Bushbots.

+Quote Post
painter
post Mar 4 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #4

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

Senator Bob Kerrey-to go public with his announcement calling for a PERMANENT 9/11 COMMITTEE

Air America Radio's, Richard Greene announces congressional action to
hold a permamanent 9/11 Commission for ongoing investigations into the
events on and prior 9/11/2001

Senator Bob Kerrey - who has ties to Air America, recently revealed his
upcoming action to Air America Radio Host, Richard Greene who's show CLOUT is part of the station's daily lineup.

Sen. Kerrey will appear on an upcoming airing of CLOUT to go public with his announcement calling for a PERMANENT 9/11 COMMITTEE.

VIDEO of Richard Greene's announcement:

+Quote Post
georgie101
post Mar 4 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 114

handsdown.gif Absolutely brilliant marturin, great story. Would love to have been there.

+Quote Post
p.w.rapp
post Mar 4 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (georgie101 @ Mar 4 2008, 11:20 AM) *
handsdown.gif Absolutely brilliant marturin, great story. Would love to have been there.

2nd on that!

Very good news, Maturin. Gives some hope back!

+Quote Post
bill
post Mar 4 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

Well Done Maturin !

btw You mentioned Randi Rhoads

Yesterday she talked a little about the cruise and said she was very frustrated that she could not get internet access

she has previously mentioned that she wants to get her pilot license too

hope she shows up here

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 4 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

You make us proud my friend. Still waiting to hear from anyone with AAR though. I also emailed Mike Malloy the other night when someone suggested we do so on the comments at Blogger.

Keep in mind, Randi, Thom and Lionel get every one of our articles, documentaries, press releases, etc... they are on our media contact email list. I exchanged emails with Thom once when he was looking for someone for his "Debate Show" and used Kevin Ryan. I spoke with Randi briefly on air on a call in. She seemed really interested in our work at the time and asked me to repeat the website url on air a few times. However, i havent heard from her since. The people who control her forum seem to be gatekeepers. Been there a few times as myself trying to defend our work from typical ad homs, ridicule.. etc. I got banned, the others were never warned. They actually warned me for signing my posts as "Rob Balsamo, Co-Founder, Pilotsfor911truth.org." - calling it spam. I eventually got banned for quoting/listing ad homs, personal attacks, name calling etc that others were using asking the mods why they arent taking action. rolleyes.gif

Hopefully we start to gain some momentum here. Especially with our latest article atop our front page. It seems to be making ripples throughout the web.

By the way.. i'll be on Kevin Barretts' program tonight... 2130-2200 CST. He called me to come on his show to discuss the latest article. I asked him to sign up here to make an announcement with listening information. He signed up yesterday, will probably make a post today.

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 4 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #9

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,727

Absolutely outstanding!!

My wife & I try to go on at least 1 cruise every 24 months and when I heard of this cruise while listening to Randi Rhodes we decided this was the cruise we were going to take even though we really wanted to get on an Alaskian cruise next.
Anyway right as we were about to get tickets our AC died (24 years old) so we had to spend all of our cruise money we had saved up on a new AC/Furnace sad.gif

I really wanted to go on this cruise and do EXACTLY what you just did, I'm green with envy but I feel so much better now knowing what you just said and that you did no doubt a better job than I would have done anyway.
We always cruise with Holland America as it has smaller ships & seems to have far less urchins running amok.

Damn I wish that AC would have lasted just one more year.

"by attacking all the monsters that have been unleashed by the Bush administration piecemeal - Iraq, Patriot Act, Spying, Torture, Rendition, gutting the Constitution, etc. , it was like attacking a giant squid by grappling with each of its tentacles individually. We don't have enough arms, strength, or endurance to do it. By ignoring 9/11, we, in effect, ignore the body and brain of the monster, and have no hope of defeating it. It isn't a point that is original with me, but I don't mind stealing in an emergency - this is it. "

Perfect analogy which is exactly what I have been thinking for quite some time and this analogy fits it perfect.

"
As an aside, Marc Greene did some informal polling of the group. O'Bama was the overwhelming favorite of the group, but when he asked who people were initially for, Kucinich was the overwhelming favorite followed by Edwards. They were settling for OBama. "

I saw this many months ago on every single democratic website I visited except for that purely gatekeeper trash site Dkos, Kucinich was the clear and overwhelming favorite until the Media completely took over the process and made Obama the so called "frontrunner", prior to that he never got above 3rd in any poll and Clinton rarely got over 4th.
The media has made Obama the nominee and they already know who is going to "win" the S-election.

"When he asked how many were atheists - almost every hand went up."

Naturally, you are on a ship with clearly a group with elevated IQ.

I fully agree with Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris that the US has one hell of a lot more Atheist/Agnostics than the useless "pew polls" would lead you to believe. Minimum of 20-25% of the country easily.

this is the best news I have heard in awhile thank you for posting it.

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 4 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,274

QUOTE (maturin42 @ Mar 1 2008, 06:29 PM) *
When he asked how many were atheists - almost every hand went up.
SFL

I like that. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for sharing this cruise M42, it is gratifying to know that the message is getting out there.

Let us hope this will persuade some to come off the fence when broadcasting.

+Quote Post
Omega892R09
post Mar 4 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,274

QUOTE (Nunyabiz @ Mar 2 2008, 02:28 PM) *
I fully agree with Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris that the US has one hell of a lot more Atheist/Agnostics than the useless "pew polls" would lead you to believe. Minimum of 20-25% of the country easily.

The problem is, unless I have missed a change in tone of their respective presentations, these folk still talk about Islamic terrorist hi-jackers and Dawkins website forum seems to be on the side of Popular Mechanics et. al. After a second spell in a thread there I gave up because they started to shoot the messenger (using such tactics as equating me with faith based fundamentalists) rather than pay attention to the message.

On CD, many would not think out of the box and look beyond the techniques demonstrated on those previously documented controled demolitions where the work in progress during preping was obvious and could not understand that the reason that the CDs that day did not look like your standard CD was because THEY WERE MADE TO NOT LOOK LIKE standard CDs (besides the unique construction of WTC1 and 2 would have presented difficulties for standard techniques) - all part of the same wool-pulling conspiracy. There was a vocal core, of fairly ignorant posters, whose minds appeared closed - for whatever reason - and who refused to research in an unbiased manner.

Also Dawkins' main site carries a banner for Shermer and also Skeptic, which is Shermer's organ, which is a shame.

+Quote Post
Nunyabiz
post Mar 4 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Group: Private Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,727

Oh totally agree about that.

I have no idea why these Atheist have their head buried so far up their arse about the facts surrounding 9/11. They certainly have no excuse.

I just agree with their take on religion.

It boggles my mind when people that 'should" be rational & reasoning human beings cling to the clearly irrational OCT and refuse to accept known scientific fact about 9/11. Simply makes no sense.
I can only attribute it to severe Cognitive Dissonance.

I mean I can almost see how some little Reich wing nut bag religious zealot could be so easily fooled, hell most of them believe the Earth is 6000 years old and created by their little invisible friend with the wave of his magic wand and a few choice words of Hebrew. They have completely divorced themselves from factual reality a long time ago so falling for the OCT for them is actually the least crazy thing they believe.

+Quote Post
painter
post Mar 4 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #13

∞* M E R C U R I A L *∞

QUOTE (Nunyabiz @ Mar 4 2008, 09:42 AM) *
<s>
It boggles my mind when people that 'should" be rational & reasoning human beings cling to the clearly irrational OCT and refuse to accept known scientific fact about 9/11. Simply makes no sense.
I can only attribute it to severe Cognitive Dissonance.
<s>

Actually it just goes to show how much of our perception of reality is "faith based." We believe a lot of things we haven't verified for ourselves. There is also the 'consensus reality' factor. People often don't see what they don't want to see or what they don't have the contextual "matrix" to make sense of. You see, to get away with treason and mass murder in broad daylight seems as impossible to most people as does the moon being made of green cheese (or what have you). "That just isn't possible." To grasp that it is possible means a total realignment of one's thinking about what is "real." "Surely someone ('credible' or 'of importance') would have said SOMETHING if it had been a hoax?"

The horror is that anyone worth their salt DID know -- and those that haven't spoken out, and there are many, what does this tell you about them and the state of the world we're in? I mean, it is bad enough to consider there are many people who just go along blindly with such crap but FAR WORSE are those who knew or at least had good reason to suspect and still SAID NOTHING out of fear and, worse, agreement with the plan.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Mar 4 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Ragin Cajun

Member No.: 5

Outstanding work Maturin42. Let's hope we see some 9/11 truth on AAR.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 7 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

front page...

http://www.pilotsfor911truth.org/index.html

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 7 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Front page on Blogger...

http://www.911blogger.com/node/14255

Be sure to rate it..

+Quote Post
jo56
post Mar 7 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 321

How nice that the walls are crumbling around the bogus "official 911" story. I love it! This is going to be a new Revolution folks, and the beginning of the end of "the Establishment rulemakers". I think America is finally waking up and seeing these people for just how deceitful they are. YES!

It's nice that there is agreement, at least on this subject, between Christians and Atheists alike.

thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
jadenter
post Mar 8 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Pilots For Truth Core Member

Member No.: 129

QUOTE (jo56 @ Mar 7 2008, 11:12 PM) *
How nice that the walls are crumbling around the bogus "official 911" story. I love it! This is going to be a new Revolution folks, and the beginning of the end of "the Establishment rulemakers". I think America is finally waking up and seeing these people for just how deceitful they are. YES!

It's nice that there is agreement, at least on this subject, between Christians and Atheists alike.

thumbsup.gif

Before you get too excited about massive 9/11 exposure on Air America, keep in mind that when one of their broadcasters (Malloy) had Webster Tarpley on for two hours to discuss his book, "9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in the USA", he was fired by Air America. Malloy can now be heard on NOVA which is broadcasted on some Air America affiliated radio stations in specific markets.

The Lionel Show will discuss 9/11, if a guest brings the subject up. He has in the past had guests on 9/11 and discussed all aspects of the truth for several hours late at night, but nothing scheduled with experts after Malloy was fired.

Randi Rhodes, who I think is terrific, gets close to 9/11 truth and then backs off.

Hopefully, Richard Greene will allow some truths through the cracks.

My 2 worth.

+Quote Post
maturin42
post Mar 8 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 633

QUOTE (jadenter @ Mar 6 2008, 04:01 AM) *
Before you get too excited about massive 9/11 exposure on Air America, keep in mind that when one of their broadcasters (Malloy) had Webster Tarpley on for two hours to discuss his book, "9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in the USA", he was fired by Air America. Malloy can now be heard on NOVA which is broadcasted on some Air America affiliated radio stations in specific markets.

The Lionel Show will discuss 9/11, if a guest brings the subject up. He has in the past had guests on 9/11 and discussed all aspects of the truth for several hours late at night, but nothing scheduled with experts after Malloy was fired.

Randi Rhodes, who I think is terrific, gets close to 9/11 truth and then backs off.

Hopefully, Richard Greene will allow some truths through the cracks.

My 2 worth.

I agree, Jadenter.

I got the vibe that Marc Greene isn't going to issue an edict but he is not above generating a "chilling effect". He made the statement that Malloy was driving away listeners, and despite his white-hot Bush hatred and fearless stance on expressing the hatred we all feel in our hearts for the traitorous gang in power, his rants got a tad repetitive and I can see why that might have been the case. Mike is on Serius now and I thought last night he had toned it down a bit since the last time I heard him.

I think calling into the show and having rational discussions with the host - no matter who it is - is a good tactic and a way to bring it out. I think shout-outs that disrupt segments is a bad idea generally. I am no expert, but generally I think that is true.

I had an email exchange with Stephanie Miller's "Voice Monkey", Jim Ward a few months back and he wants to talk more about 9/11 and encouraged me to call the show and try to bring up topics related to 9/11, which gives him a chance to go into the "conspiracy corner" more often.

I podcast that show, but some of you must get it live.

+Quote Post
jo56
post Mar 8 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 321

I agree Jadenter and see two sides to this video. Here is my commentary below:

The truth of the events of 911 is essential to the survival of America. So if you're one of those people still saying "but our leaders would never do such" then think again. Some of our dishonest leaders are puppets for those bent on the destruction of America. There is much in history that led up to 911, and without knowing this history, you could never know why many Americans are concerned about the lies about 911.

We can no longer afford to put our head in the sand; it's a matter of saving America. It's either you wake up and speak up, or we lose our country, our Constitution and our freedoms. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? THEN GET WITH THE PROGRAM, AND START GETTING INFORMED.

START YOUR EDUCATION HERE, AND IN OTHER THREADS OF THIS FORUM FOR MORE HISTORY. THEN BRANCH OUT TO OTHER SITES ON THE INTERNET. THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE YOU COULD DO IN YOUR LEISURE TIME. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY BECAUSE IT WILL AFFECT YOUR FUTURE IF THESE LIARS ARE NOT STOPPED:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...hp?showforum=48

-----------------------------------------------------
A Disclaimer:

Ex-Senator Bob Kerrey: (Some interesting things you need to know about him, and why I don't think he's the best one to represent a new 911 investigation)
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...?showtopic=4215

----------------------------------------------------

Also, did you know that Air America was once a CIA program? Wonder how Air America Radio got its name?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_Radio

ONE THING YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR. MANY GROUPS WILL ACT LIKE THEY'RE BEING NOBLE ON SOME TOPIC, BUT JUST TRYING TO SUCK PEOPLE IN. FOR THIS REASON, I WOULD QUESTION THIS GROUP, AND WOULD PREFER SOME OTHER MORE BALANCED GROUP TO TAKE THE LEAD ON A REAL 911 INVESTIGATION. IMO

The other concern I have is the fact that it was said that most of the audience on the cruise ship was atheist. Hum! While everyone has the right to believe (or not) the way they want to, I find this a bit imbalanced also. Is this the thinking of people associated with AIR AMERICA, and progressives? I would rather see a more balanced group taking the lead on this very important issue. Not all Christians are dumb on this issue; the ignorance surpasses any one demographic. IMO. THE LEFT EXTREME IS JUST AS BAD AS THE RIGHT EXTREME. We must find BALANCE with this, as well as all topics relating to the problems in America.

This post has been edited by jo56: Mar 9 2008, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 03:29 AM