IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Now This Is News ! Man Pays Workers With Gold And Silver, avoids paying income tax

bill
post Jun 16 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

Snip
"Robert Kahre owns a family business and instead of using paper money he paid his workers with gold and silver coins minted by the United States government. He paid them based on the “face value” of the coins. If he paid a worker a dollar an hour he paid with a silver dollar, which states on the coin that it is “one dollar” regardless of today’s value. His wages were so low that he didn’t have to file W-2 income tax forms or withhold taxes or pay workman’s comp. This upset the IRS, which charged him and his family with 161 federal tax crimes."

snip
"On September 17, the jury returned its verdict refusing to convict all nine defendants of any of the 161 federal tax crimes they had been charged with. One would think, “we the tax payers would want to hear that the IRS was defeated by the use of the true money.” To my knowledge, the results of this trial were never printed or broadcast by any of the major news media. Three days after the trial’s conclusion, the Las Vegas Review Journal ran its first and last story about the outcome and then only because of public pressure from interested parties who attended the trial."

full story here

http://www.newswithviews.com/brownfield/brownfield67.htm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunk
post Jun 16 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

I had an idea to only accept paper money printed before 2001,
and reject all new printings.

But I'd rather work for gold and silver over fiat...
If I had to...
...work for someone, that is.

I wonder if they are trying to make gasoline the next currency.

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Jun 16 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Polymeta.com search Sibel Edmonds bradblog

Group: Library team
Member No.: 77

Yeah, I read about this awhile back. I guess if you got the right jury, you'd be okay. Maybe. Unless or until the retrial rolled around and you had to throw the dice again...

+Quote Post
bill
post Jun 16 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #4

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

this decision becomes case law however

that is a good thing

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Jun 16 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

Nice thumbsup.gif cheers.gif

+Quote Post
waterdancer
post Jun 16 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #6

Polymeta.com search Sibel Edmonds bradblog

Group: Library team
Member No.: 77

A few quotes from the news article:

Jurors got stuck on the question of whether the government had proved defendants intentionally violated tax law

Michael Kennedy, who defended Lori Kahre, said the case turned on the notion that taxpayers could be wrong without being criminal. He was referring to the fact that his client, Lori Kahre, and other defendants had not paid taxes according to the market value of the precious metal content of the coins in which they were paid, as opposed to their face value. He conceded at trial that his client may owe federal taxes for her mistakes

Before trial, five additional defendants had pleaded guilty.

Part of the case hinged on whether Kahre's workers were employees or independent contractors, who are responsible for paying their own taxes.

Being neither a lawyer nor an expert on the IRS Code, I can't really comment on such things as case law, jury nullification and potential IRS taxes owed in this case, but I'm still not sure I'd want to be wearing any of the unconvicted defendant's shoes. It seems to me that a case could as easily be made by the government that evidence of knowledge of this case and a (wink, wink, nudge nudge) similar situation cropping up in the future might be construed as an intentional violation of tax law and/or conspiracy.

But that's just my circulated 1864 $.02 piece on the story...

This post has been edited by waterdancer: Jun 16 2008, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:38 PM