IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Any questions about Airline/Ramp Ops?, Ask me!

GroundControl
post Nov 7 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 212

Just thought that if anyone wanted to know aspects from a ramp services employee, of 6 years you can ask me. I even worked at a major airport on 9/11/01 during the late morning and into the evening.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Nov 8 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (GroundControl @ Nov 7 2006, 10:43 PM)
Just thought that if anyone wanted to know aspects from a ramp services employee, of 6 years you can ask me. I even worked at a major airport on 9/11/01 during the late morning and into the evening.

Welcome to the forums! Good to have you..

Cheers!
Rob

+Quote Post
GroundControl
post Nov 8 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #3

Thanks! I am glad to be here! wink.gif

+Quote Post
driver
post Nov 13 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (GroundControl @ Nov 8 2006, 03:43 AM)
Just thought that if anyone wanted to know aspects from a ramp services employee, of 6 years you can ask me.  I even worked at a major airport on 9/11/01 during the late morning and into the evening.

Suppose a terrorist like Mohamed Atta wants to pack all his incriminating evidence
that describes the 9/11 plot in a bag and then check the bag at the USAirways counter at Portland,Maine for his US Airways Express flight to Boston. Will the USAirways ramp personnel at Boston, retrieve the bag from the US Airways commuter and then transport it to an American Airlines 767 directly? Or would Atta have to wait for the US Airways ramp personnel to deliver the bag to baggage claim, pick the bag up on the unsecure side of the terminal, then go to the American Airlines ticket counter and check the bag, and then go through security again?

+Quote Post
GroundControl
post Nov 20 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #5

Suppose a terrorist like Mohamed Atta wants to pack all his incriminating evidence
that describes the 9/11 plot in a bag and then check the bag at the USAirways counter at Portland,Maine for his US Airways Express flight to Boston. Will the USAirways ramp personnel at Boston, retrieve the bag from the US Airways commuter and then transport it to an American Airlines 767 directly? Or would Atta have to wait for the US Airways ramp personnel to deliver the bag to baggage claim, pick the bag up on the unsecure side of the terminal, then go to the American Airlines ticket counter and check the bag, and then go through security again?

There are a few possiblities that could be the case. Depends on the airport.

1.If the Portland airport has minimal security, then Boston airport may have required the bag be scanned again when the passenger arrived in Boston. Small commuter aircraft are not as big of threats for security so the airport security at smaller airports is not nescessarily as tight. Once the bag reaches Boston and a 767 sized aircraft the airport authority may want a better screening of the bag. This may or may not be done with the owner of the bag having to touch it in Boston.

2.If the security in Portland is known to be efficient then the bag can be transferred "tail to tail" meaning someone can pickup the bag from the first commuter flight, and then drop it off at the larger 767 flight. When I transferred bags "tail to tail", if there was less than 30 mins to departure of the passenger's next flight then I was required to drop the bag off at the departing aircraft itself, if more than 30mins to departure, it would go to the bagroom to be loaded into a container or cart to be taken to the aircraft closer to load and departure time.

3. If it was a carry-on bag, then he would have had it with him at all times, unless it was to large for a "commuter aircraft" as a carry-on and the airline forced the bag in to the cargo hold during the flight. If that was the case, then he would have been required to pick this up at the door of the "first" (commuter) aircraft when he arrived in KBOS. And then carried it to the 767.

Hope this helps. These are the procedures I am familiar with here in Canada, should be similar in the US.

+Quote Post
driver
post Nov 20 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 29

Thanks for the information.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:26 AM