IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Was Ogonowski Heard On Atc Tranmissions?

Thatsmystory
post Aug 5 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 2,601

An article by Glen Johnson (11/23/01) mentions Atta's mistake AND Ogonowski's keying of the microphone button on the yoke:

Under any scenario, it appears that the hijackers' entry was surprising enough that the pilots did not have a chance to broadcast a traditional distress call. Apparently at least one of the pilots on Flight 11 remained alive and at one of the cockpit's two control sticks, because he intermittently keyed the microphone button on the yoke so controllers could hear his conversation with a heavily accented hijacker.

The transcript of the air-traffic-control conversations shows that at 8:24 a.m., a controller heard a suspicious broadcast from Flight 11. Apparently, one of the hijackers confused the aircraft's radio with its public-address system.

"We have some planes. Just stay quiet and you will be OK. We are returning to the airport. Nobody move," the speaker said.

"Who's trying to call me?" the controller responded.

There was no response. Then came another radio broadcast, the transcript shows.

"Everything will be OK. If you try to make any moves, you'll endanger yourself and the airplane. Just stay quiet," the speaker said.

Glen Johnson article "Probe reconstructs horror, calculated attacks on planes"

Gail Sheehy covered the story on 2/15/04:

According to a timeline later adjusted by the F.A.A., Flight 11's transponder was turned off at 8:20 a.m., only 21 minutes after takeoff. (Even before that, by probably a minute or so, Amy Sweeney began her report to American's operations center at Logan.) The plane turned south toward New York, and more than one F.A.A. controller heard a transmission with an ominous statement by a terrorist in the background, saying, "We have more planes. We have other planes." During these transmissions, the pilot's voice and the heavily accented voice of a hijacker were clearly audible, according to two controllers. All of it was recorded by a F.A.A. traffic-control center in Nashua, N.H. According to the reporter, Mark Clayton, the federal law-enforcement officers arrived at the F.A.A. facility shortly after the World Trade Center attack and took the tape.

To this writer's knowledge, there has been no public mention of the pilot's narrative since the news report on Sept. 12, 2001. Families of the flight crew have only heard about it, but when Peg Ogonowski asked American Airlines to let her hear it, she never heard back. Their F.A.A. superiors forbade the controllers to talk to anyone else.

Gail Sheehy article "Stewardess ID'd Hijackers Early, Transcripts Show"

It sure sounds like Ogonowski was heard on some (unreleased) transmissions.

Here is the scenario I imagine based on my limited understanding of planes: Atta grabbed the ATC radio (which we were told he probably thought was the PA system) and made his statements and then put the ATC radio back. When Ogonowski pushed the yoke mic button whatever he and Atta said could be heard.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Aug 5 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 710

i strongly recommend that you go to daniel hopsicker's site[madcowprod.com] and learn something about atta and his associates.

atta was not a "green" pilot.

nor a jihadi.

+Quote Post
Thatsmystory
post Aug 5 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (albertchampion @ Aug 4 2008, 12:44 AM) *
i strongly recommend that you go to daniel hopsicker's site[madcowprod.com] and learn something about atta and his associates.

atta was not a "green" pilot.

nor a jihadi.

I have. That is another debate.

I assume you are saying it's BS that Atta would confuse an ATC radio with a PA system. So what was going on in that cockpit?

+Quote Post
albertchampion
post Aug 5 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 710

that is a very good question. and i have no definitive answers.

all i know is that anything the "state" presents, has presented, is not to be believed.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 6 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 331

Having never flown a Boeing, I would assume that what controls which radio is being used is the audio panel, not the microphone. I also assume that airline crews wear headsets these days, not using the overhead speaker.

Point being that whether the mike was going to the cabin or to ATC is determined by the selector switch on the audio panel?

This all seems a charade to me, but maybe not.

+Quote Post
Thatsmystory
post Aug 7 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (amazed! @ Aug 4 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Having never flown a Boeing, I would assume that what controls which radio is being used is the audio panel, not the microphone. I also assume that airline crews wear headsets these days, not using the overhead speaker.

Point being that whether the mike was going to the cabin or to ATC is determined by the selector switch on the audio panel?

This all seems a charade to me, but maybe not.

It seems the possibility that Ogonowski was still in the pilot's seat and may have had a conversation with (presumably) Atta has gone down the memory hole.

Regardless of the method these early articles suggest that Ogonowski was heard on some transmissions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:33 PM