IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Barbara Olson (ted Olson) Research

Leslie Landry
post Feb 1 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 3,264

these people on the plane seem to know that they use knives and box cutters even though every person claimed they have recieved a call from someone on board all said they have no idea who they are or what they look like.

This is Ted Osons story. Lets not forget who he works for and the fact that he works pretty damn close to G. W. Bush. He claims that Barbara Olson was "Incredibly calm". it seems like everyone who got a call from someone on board claimed that the person that they were speaking to were surpising calm as well. i dont know about you..but if i knew my life was coming to an end, i wouldnt be calm...i would be begging for my life as i know most people would. even those who are unhappy and "want to die", you would be amazed how quickly most of them realize they dont want to die when being faced with dealth.

Ted Also states that said G. W. Bush called Ted Olson on Sept 11, 2001.

(Im sorry about the writting on the screen in this footage)

Tim O'brian (if i understand correctly) is even surprised how she was able to pull off making 2 phone calls. He stats "she was able to call him twice. how she can pull that off, i dont know but she did."

here is pretty much the exact same "script" that Tim O'Brian states to another news reporter as above video.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 1 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #2

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 1 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Date of transcription 9/11/2001

Theodore Olson, Solicitor General, United States of America, was interviewed at his residence, [redacted]. After being advised of the identity of the interviewing agents and the nature of the interview, Olson furnished the following information.

Barbara Olson, Theodore's wife, was a passenger on American Flight # 77, departing Dulles Airport at approximately 8:10am or 8:30am this morning, bound for LAX Airport in Los Angeles, California.

At approximately 9:00am this morning, he did not look at his watch, one of the women in his office advised him of the terrorist attack at the World Trade Center (WTC) in New York. He went to his back office and turned on the television. At that time they were rerunning film of the second plane hitting the WTC.

At this time one of the women in his office told him that Barbara was on the phone. [redacted] She did not relay the call from his wife. It was someone else in the office [redacted]. He picked up the call from his wife and spoke for about one (1) minute. Barbara told him that her plane had been hijacked. She said they had knives and box cutters. He asked if they knew she was on the phone and she replied that they didn't. Barbara told him that they put the passengers in the back of the plane. She had been sitting in first class. Olson's call was then cut off.

After the first call, Olson used his direct line to the Attorney General but was unable to reach him. [rest of the paragraph redacted]

Shortly after, the same person buzzed him again and said Barbara was on the phone again. Barbara was put through to him. Barbara said the pilot had announced that the plane had been hijacked. She asked Olson what she should tell the captain to do. Olson asked her for her location. She said they were over homes and asked someone else in the plane who said they were travelling North East. Olsen [sic] told his wife that two planes had been hijacked and hit the WTC. Barbara did not seem panicked. This call was then cut off. She didn't manifest anything about a crash. [redacted]

Barbara did not say anything to describe the hijackers, but did refer to them as "they". She told him "they" had knives and box cutters. She did not make any statements about the hijackers stabbing or slashing the passengers.

Barbara Olson's cell phone number is (202) 365-5889. Olson doesn't know if the calls were made from her cell phone or the telephone on the plane. She always has her cellphone with her.

The above transcript was taken from documents released to me following an FOIA request. Download scans of the originals, and the covering letter, in this ZIP file.

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 1 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #4

9/14/2001: FBI FD-302, Office of Ted Olsen

9/14/2001: FBI FD-302, Office of Ted Olsen (second version)

9/14/2001: FBI FD-302, Office of Ted Olsen (third version)

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 2 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #5

"Theodore Olson's wife, Barbara Olson, Calls From Flight 77 Married to the US Solicitor General Theodore Olson, a close aide and friend of President George W Bush, she was a prominent member of Washington's conservative elite; this group, which also included the Supreme Court Judge Clarence Thomas and the independent counsel Kenneth Starr, prompted Hillary Clinton to complain of a "vast right-wing conspiracy."

Below is an excerpt from a CNN story detailing an interview between Larry King and Theodore Olson regarding Barbara's phone call.

[King] Olson was one of the passengers on American Airlines Flight 77, which was "hijacked by terrorists and crashed into the Pentagon on September 11". But before she died inside the doomed airplane, Olson kept her cool and made two telephone calls to her husband.

"She wasn't crying, she didn't even sound frightened. She told me her plane was hijacked and that they didn't know she was making a phone call," Ted Olson told CNN's Larry King. Barbara Olson's last words to her husband, he said, were "What do I tell the pilot to do?" (cnn)

Below is excerpted from a detailed timeline developed at cooperativeresearch.org; this section details the communications.

(9:25 a.m.) A passenger on Flight 77, Barbara Olson, calls her husband, Theodore (Ted) Olson, who is Solicitor General at the Justice Department. Ted Olson is in his Justice Department office watching WTC news on television when his wife calls.

A few days later, he says, "She told me that she had been herded to the back of the plane. She mentioned that they had used knives and box cutters to hijack the plane. She mentioned that the pilot had announced that the plane had been hijacked." [CNN, 9/14/01 ©] He tells her that two planes have hit the WTC. [Telegraph, 3/5/02] She feels nobody is taking charge.[CNN, 9/12/01] He doesn't know if she was near the pilots, but at one point she asks, "What shall I tell the pilot? What can I tell the pilot to do?" [CNN, 9/14/01 ©] Then she gets cut off without warning. [Newsweek, 9/29/01]

Ted Olson' recollection of the call's timing is extremely vague, saying it "must have been 9:15 or 9:30. Someone would have to reconstruct the time for me." [CNN, 9/14/01 ©] Other accounts place it around 9:25. [About 9:25, Miami Herald, 9/14/01, about 9:25, New York Times, 9/15/01 ©, "by 9:25," Washington Post, 9/21/01] The call is said to have lasted about a minute. [Washington Post, 9/12/01 ( B) ] By some accounts, his warning that planes have hit the WTC comes later in a second phone call (see (After 9:30 a.m.)). [Washington Post, 9/21/01] In one account, Barbara Olson calls from inside a bathroom. [Evening Standard, 9/12/01] In another account, she is near a pilot, and in yet another she is near two pilots. [Boston Globe, 11/23/01]

Ted Olson's account of how the call is made is also strange and conflicting. Three days after 9/11, he says, "I found out later that she was having, for some reason, to call collect and was having trouble getting through. You know how it is to get through to a government institution when you're calling collect." He says he doesn't know what kind of phone she used, but he has "assumed that it must have been on the airplane phone, and that she somehow didn't have access to her credit cards. Otherwise, she would have used her cell phone and called me." [Fox News, 9/14/01]

But in another interview on the same day, he says that she used a cell phone and that she may have gotten cut off "because the signals from cell phones coming from airplanes don't work that well." [CNN, 9/14/01 ©] Six months later, he claims she called collect "using the phone in the passengers' seats." [Telegraph, 3/5/02]

But it isn't possible to call on seatback phones without a credit card, which would render making a collect call moot. Many other details are conflicting, and Olson faults his memory and says that he "tends to mix the two [calls] up because of the emotion of the events." [CNN, 9/14/01 ©]

Some have questioned if Ted Olson can be trusted in his account of the call, since he has stated that lying to the public is justifiable. [Sydney Morning Herald, 3/20/02] Between his memory and his approval of lying for partisan ends, can Ted Olson's account be trusted?

This is the only call from Flight 77, and the only call to mention box cutters.

+Quote Post
Ricochet
post Feb 2 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #6

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,225

Ted had her whacked.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Feb 2 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Ricochet @ Feb 6 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Ted had her whacked.

Yup.

Fifty ... make that fifty one ... ways to leave your lover

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Feb 2 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

The more I think about this aspect of 9/11, the more bizarre it is. I mean, this (Ted) is the guy who went to bat for Dick Cheney so that he wouldn't be forced to hand over the minutes of his Energy Task Force meetings (the ones Kenneth Lay allegedly attended). We know that the whole phone call business was manufactured. Does anyone really believe that someone that close to Bush and Cheney, who lied to help define the 9/11 official story, didn't know Flight 77 and its passengers were doomed? Of course he did. That makes me wonder how she got chosen for the role. Did Ted volunteer her? Did he buy her ticket???
dunno.gif blink.gif whistle.gif

+Quote Post
tnemelckram
post Feb 2 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Group: Contributor
Member No.: 2,690

That makes me wonder how she got chosen for the role. Did Ted volunteer her? Did he buy her ticket???

Teddy had a girlfriend. And with whatever greater power anr riches might come to him from 911, he would be able to get more girlfriends.

They say follow the money. I don't agree. I say follow the sex. Money drives the sex. Both girls and boys.

This post has been edited by tnemelckram: Feb 2 2009, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
DoYouEverWonder
post Feb 2 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,096

Here's one more version. In this one he actually claims that there were 3 phone calls.

Interview With Ted Olson

by Alan Colmes, Sean Hannity, and Brit Hume
Fox News - Hannity and Colmes
September 14, 2001

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

COLMES: Many of you remember Barbara Olson, who was a frequent guest on this program and a good friend. Ms. Olson was a passenger on the plane that crashed into the Pentagon, and earlier today, Brit Hume spoke with her husband, Ted Olson.

BRIT HUME, FOX ANCHOR: Ted, your wife's name was the first victim's name that we heard from the crash at the Pentagon site. And I know that she spoke to you.

I'd like to convey, on behalf of all of us here, our condolences to you and our best wishes to you, sir.

TED OLSON, SOLICITOR GENERAL: Thank you.

I think some of your viewers know this, but Barbara was on your program and Tony Snow's program from time to time. And she was -- she loved to be with the people here at Fox. The people were very kind to her. And I very much appreciate that.

HUME: And we liked having her here.

I know that she called you while that plane that had taken off from Dulles was in the air. Could you describe those conversations?

OLSON: Yes. There were two conversations.

The plane took off at 8:10 in the morning -- or that's when it was scheduled to take off. And that's when I believe it took off. I had been in my office at the Department of Justice. Someone told me that there had been the two strikes that occurred at the World Trade Center. I turned on the television set in my office and watched, (all of the perps had TV sets in their offices and watched the attack) as I guess all of us did, this tragedy unfold at the World Trade Center.

One of the gals in my office came in and said, "Barbara's on the phone." And I picked up the phone. We spoke for a couple of -- maybe a minute or two before we were cut off. (Phone Call #1)

HUME: Did you have a clear...

OLSON: It was clear.

It was cut off. And then a few moments later, we had another telephone conversation that lasted for three or four minutes. (Phone Call #2) I was at first relieved to hear Barbara on the telephone, because panic strikes immediately. My wife had taken off on a plane. Two airplanes had crashed into the World Trade Center. I, of course, like any other person, felt potentially devastated, panicky a little bit.

And I made a calculation that it couldn't possibly -- that airplane couldn't possibly have gotten to New York, although it could have been close. But then to hear her voice was reassuring and calming. But then her next words out of her mouth were that, "Ted, my plane's been hijacked."

HUME: Now, was she calm?

OLSON: She was very calm. She was completely in control.

HUME: Was she sort of whispering? Or was she speaking in a normal voice.

OLSON: No, she was speaking loud enough that I could hear her. I didn't feel that she was whispering. I said -- I asked her a couple of questions. And I'm not sure now the sequence in which I asked those questions.

But I learned from her that she had been in first class. She had been -- she and the other passengers had been herded to the back of the airplane. I asked her whether they, the hijackers, knew that she was calling. And she said, "No, they don't know."

She indicated that they had used knifes and box-cutters to take over the plane. At some point, we got cut off. I immediately called the command center of the Department of Justice to let them know that my wife was on a plane that had been hijacked. I mainly wanted them know there was another hijacked plane out there. I didn't know whether anyone in...

HUME: What did they say when you called them?

OLSON: They just absorbed the information. And they promised to send someone down right away. I didn't know that I was going to get another call. And I expected them to pass the information on to the appropriate people. I assumed that they did.

A few minutes later, another call came in from Barbara. (Phone Call #3) I found out later that she was having, for some reason, to call collect and was having trouble getting through. You know how it is to get through to a government institution when you're calling collect.

HUME: With a collect call, right.

OLSON: Well, she managed to -- Barbara was capable of doing practically anything if she set her mind to it. In retrospect, I'm not surprised that Barbara managed to get collect calls through.

HUME: You don't know whether it was on a regular cell phone or one of those air phones?

OLSON: No, I don't. I first of all assumed that it must have been on the airplane phone, and that she somehow didn't have access to her credit cards. Otherwise, she would have used her cell phone and called me.

HUME: Of course.

OLSON: So I think that was probably what it was. But Barbara got through a second time. And we exchanged the feelings that a husband and wife who are extraordinarily close, as we are, those kind of sentiments. And she assured me everything was going to be OK. I told her in the first conversation that the two hijacked planes had hit the World Trade Center.

And my impulse was that I had to tell her that. That was the kind of person she was. That's the kind of relationship that we had. I will always wonder whether I should have. But she -- her instinct was: "What do we do? What do we tell -- what shall I tell the pilot? What can I do?"

And I asked her where she was. And she tried to tell me where she was and what direction the aircraft appeared to be going.

HUME: It was probably hard to tell.

OLSON: I think it's impossible to tell. We've all looked out the window and we don't know exactly where we are. She said there were residences she could see. And she speculated that the aircraft was headed northeast. But I don't know whether that was correct or whether she really knew that or whether someone had told her that.

HUME: Did she describe the hijackers or say what they had said or anything of that kind?

OLSON: No. She -- the only thing she said with respect to that is the pilot had announced that the plane had been hijacked. She said it had been hijacked shortly after takeoff. By this time, the plane had been in the air -- again, I'm presuming that it took off on time -- for over an hour.

She implied that they had been circling around for a while. Not long after the second phone call, the connection was broken, by what I don't know. I was watching television in my office both before, after, and during these telephone calls. I began to hear reports of the explosion at the Pentagon. And I knew in my heart that was that aircraft.

And I also knew in my heart that she could not possibly have survived that kind of an explosion with a full load of fuel on a recently taken-off airplane. I wanted it not to be true. I wanted it not to be her plane. I wanted it -- I wanted, if it was her plane, to have somehow survived because she was in the back of the airplane. But we know that doesn't happen, not with those sorts of things.

HUME: No.

At a time like this, how does someone like you, with a relationship so close to someone who was so vibrant, how do you deal with this?

OLSON: Well, you have to just take it one step at a time. You have to take strength from the people that love you and the people that love Barbara and the huge number of expressions of sympathy and compassion and support. That has been extremely moving.

The calls that I have received from President Bush and Vice President Cheney, the fact that there are other people that are suffering every bit as much as I am, and that our whole nation is going through a tragedy together, I think we have to think about those things. We have to think about whatever positive things we can about the fact that there are people that care about us. There is a life to be lived.

Barbara would have insisted that I live my life and that I go on and do the best possible job I could as solicitor general of the United States.

HUME: She would have, wouldn't she? What was always extraordinary to me about her -- if you'll permit a personal observation -- was that she was always in the middle of this political combat that has raged so in Washington in recent years. And yet every time I saw her, in every setting -- on the street, on the air, everywhere -- she always had this beaming smile.

She was the most cheerful person I ever saw. I suppose a happy warrior is a fair characterization.

OLSON: Yes -- and a person who was 100 percent involved in living life. She wanted to do everything. She was a professional ballet dancer. She earned money producing movies as an assistant producer in movies and television commercials in Hollywood, so she could go to law school. She paid her way through law school. She turned down job offers in New York from very, very prestigious firms so she could come to Washington, where politics was taking place.

She was a prosecutor. She was the solicitor of the House of Representatives. She conducted investigations. She had just finished her second book. And Barbara -- and also was on television a lot. So Barbara wanted to be where things were happening, wanted to have opinions, wanted to express them, and wanted to live every moment of her life.

HUME: Ted Olson, again, our condolences to you and our great gratitude to you for taking this time at what must be a very difficult time for you indeed.

Thank you, sir.

OLSON: Well, thank you for everything.

HUME: Ted Olson, solicitor general of the United States.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

HANNITY: Ditto. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ted Olson and their family right now.

You know, Alan, we did lose a great friend. She was just an incredible patriot. We will miss her bright, smart, funny, live life, love life...

COLMES: Not only that. First of all, I commend Ted for a magnificent interview. I couldn't have done that. I -- I was teary-eyed the third time I saw it just now, and -- he has a commanding presence.

We also realize that Barbara Olson may have been one of the heroes aboard this plane because this was a plane that could have been headed for the White House or some other location -- Camp David was one of the suggestions -- and that she and perhaps some other passengers may have been instrumental in making sure that that did not happen, and she may be a true hero.

HANNITY: Let me tell you something. Not only bright, smart, and funny, but I think, as you point out, brave. And Godspeed, Barbara Olson, we will miss you.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/911timeline/2001/foxnews091401.html

Barbara was a Texan, from a family whose ancestors came to this country from Germany. She went to the all-American University of Texas and also a Catholic college, St. Thomas in Houston. She became a professional ballet dancer in San Francisco and New York because of the beauty of dance, the rigor of its discipline, and because you have to be extraordinarily tough and ambitious to do it. And Barbara was extraordinarily tough and ambitious.

But she always wanted to be a lawyer and to be involved in politics. In order to afford law school, she invented a career out of whole cloth in Hollywood because that, she determined, was the fastest way to earn the money she needed. It did not matter in the slightest to Barbara that when she went to Hollywood she knew absolutely nothing about the motion picture and television industry. And, in fact, it really didn't matter because, as she later explained to the unwitting producer who gave her her first job, she was a fast-learner.

And, of course, she succeeded. She turned down the last job she was offered in Hollywood because she had finally earned enough money to go to law school, and they were offering her so much money she did not want to be so tempted to forego her dream to be a lawyer.

She went to Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University in New York, not necessarily the obvious choice for a blond Catholic girl from Texas. She was even told that she would never fit in, and that she would be miserable. But the people who told her that really did not know Barbara. She thrived at Cardozo as she had thrived at St. Thomas and in the ballet and in Hollywood. She loved the people, the classes, the professors, and she was a huge success, popping up for one reason or another with embarrassing frequency on the cover of Jewish Weekly.

Barbara created a Federalist Society chapter at Cardozo because she believed in the Society's principles - and it only served to goad her on that almost no one at Cardozo shared her political views.

In her third year of law school, she somehow managed to finesse herself into an internship with the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice in Washington. And, as a very brassy and gusty intern, she managed to be the only employee of the government of the United States willing, feisty and fearless enough to personally serve the papers on the PLO mission to the United Nations in New York announcing that it was being expelled from this country -- because they were terrorists. How Barbara loved to tell that story to her friends at Cardozo!

http://www.fed-soc.org/resources/id.63/default.asp

Dov Zakheim was an adjunct professor at Yeshiva University. IMHO - Barbara was a true believer who was recruited to play a key role in creating the 9/11 Myth. Who knows, maybe living with Ted was a front and she couldn't wait to start a new life and not have to play wifey to the old fart.

+Quote Post
trvl4freedom
post Feb 2 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Group: Guest
Member No.: 2,713

QUOTE (Leslie Landry @ Jan 31 2009, 02:03 AM) *
[/color]

I think Rob posted this some where else but it is worth repeating...voice morphing and faking caller ID has been around for a while and is now available to the public. See here:

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-3333433-10527818

+Quote Post
trvl4freedom
post Feb 2 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #12

Group: Guest
Member No.: 2,713

Sorry, here is the correct link for the phony caller id and voice morphing technology, now available to the public...

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3333433-10493203

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 2 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #13

Late in the day on 9/11, CNN put out a story that began: “Barbara Olson, a conservative commentator and attorney, alerted her husband, Solicitor General Ted Olson, that the plane she was on was being hijacked Tuesday morning, Ted Olson told CNN.” According to this story, Olson reported that his wife had “called him twice on a cell phone from American Airlines Flight 77,” saying that “all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers. The only weapons she mentioned were knives and cardboard cutters.”2 Ted Olson’s report was very important. It provided the only evidence that American 77, which was said to have struck the Pentagon, had still been aloft after it had disappeared from FAA radar around 9:00 AM (there had been reports, after this disappearance, that an airliner had crashed on the Ohio-Kentucky border). Also, Barbara Olson had been a very well-known commentator on CNN. The report that she died in a plane that had been hijacked by Arab Muslims was an important factor in getting the nation’s support for the Bush administration’s “war on terror.” Ted Olson’s report was important in still another way, being the sole source of the widely accepted idea that the hijackers had box cutters.3

However, although Ted Olson’s report of phone calls from his wife has been a central pillar of the official account of 9/11, this report has been completely undermined.

Olson’s Self-Contradictions

Olson began this process of undermining by means of self-contradictions. He first told CNN, as we have seen, that his wife had “called him twice on a cell phone.” But he contradicted this claim on September 14, telling Hannity and Colmes that she had reached him by calling the Department of Justice collect. Therefore, she must have been using the “airplane phone,” he surmised, because “she somehow didn’t have access to her credit cards.”4 However, this version of Olson’s story, besides contradicting his first version, was even self-contradictory, because a credit card is needed to activate a passenger-seat phone.

Later that same day, moreover, Olson told Larry King Live that the second call from his wife suddenly went dead because “the signals from cell phones coming from airplanes don’t work that well.”5 After that return to his first version, he finally settled on the second version, saying that his wife had called collect and hence must have used “the phone in the passengers’ seats” because she did not have her purse.6

By finally settling on this story, Olson avoided a technological pitfall. Given the cell phone system employed in 2001, high-altitude cell phone calls from airliners were impossible, or at least virtually so (Olson’s statement that “the signals from cell phones coming from airplanes don’t work that well” was a considerable understatement). The technology to enable cell phone calls from high-altitude airline flights was not created until 2004.7

However, Olson’s second story, besides being self-contradictory, was contradicted by American Airlines.

American Airlines Contradicts Olson’s Second Version

A 9/11 researcher, knowing that AA Flight 77 was a Boeing 757, noticed that AA’s website indicated that its 757s do not have passenger-seat phones. After he wrote to ask if that had been the case on September 11, 2001, an AA customer service representative replied: “That is correct; we do not have phones on our Boeing 757. The passengers on flight 77 used their own personal cellular phones to make out calls during the terrorist attack.”8

In response to this revelation, defenders of the official story might reply that Ted Olson was evidently right the first time: she had used her cell phone. However, besides the fact that this scenario is rendered unlikely by the cell phone technology employed in 2001, it has also been contradicted by the FBI.

Olson’s Story Contradicted by the FBI

The most serious official contradiction of Ted Olson’s story came in 2006 at the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, the so-called 20th hijacker. The evidence presented to this trial by the FBI included a report on phone calls from all four 9/11 flights. In its report on American Flight 77, the FBI report attributed only one call to Barbara Olson and it was an “unconnected call,” which (of course) lasted “0 seconds.”9 According to the FBI, therefore, Ted Olson did not receive a single call from his wife using either a cell phone or an onboard phone.

Back on 9/11, the FBI itself had interviewed Olson. A report of that interview indicates that Olson told the FBI agents that his wife had called him twice from Flight 77.10 And yet the FBI’s report on calls from Flight 77, presented in 2006, indicated that no such calls occurred.

This was an amazing development: The FBI is part of the Department of Justice, and yet its report undermined the well-publicized claim of the DOJ’s former solicitor general that he had received two calls from his wife on 9/11.

Olson’s Story Also Rejected by Pentagon Historians

Ted Olson’s story has also been quietly rejected by the historians who wrote Pentagon 9/11, a treatment of the Pentagon attack put out by the Department of Defense.11

According to Olson, his wife had said that “all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers.”12 This is an inherently implausible scenario. We are supposed to believe that 60-some people, including the two pilots, were held at bay by three or four men (one or two of the hijackers would have been in the cockpit) with knives and boxcutters. This scenario becomes even more absurd when we realize that the alleged hijackers were all small, unathletic men (the 9/11 Commission pointed out that even “[t]he so-called muscle hijackers actually were not physically imposing, as the majority of them were between 5’5” and 5’7” in height and slender in build”13), and that the pilot, Charles “Chic” Burlingame, was a weightlifter and a boxer, who was described as “really tough” by one of his erstwhile opponents.14 Also, the idea that Burlingame would have turned over the plane to hijackers was rejected by his brother, who said: “I don't know what happened in that cockpit, but I'm sure that they would have had to incapacitate him or kill him because he would have done anything to prevent the kind of tragedy that befell that airplane.”15

The Pentagon historians, in any case, did not accept the Olson story, according to which Burlingame and his co-pilot did give up their plane and were in the back with the passengers and other crew members. They instead wrote that “the attackers either incapacitated or murdered the two pilots.”16

Conclusion

This rejection of Ted Olson’s story by American Airlines, the Pentagon, and especially the FBI is a development of utmost importance. Without the alleged calls from Barbara Olson, there is no evidence that Flight 77 returned to Washington. Also, if Ted Olson’s claim was false, then there are only two possibilities: Either he lied or he was duped by someone using voice-morphing technology to pretend to be his wife.
17 In either case, the official story about the calls from Barbara Olson was based on deception. And if that part of the official account of 9/11 was based on deception, should we not suspect that other parts were as well?

The fact that Ted Olson’s report has been contradicted by other defenders of the official story about 9/11 provides grounds for demanding a new investigation of 9/11. This internal contradiction is, moreover, only one of 25 such contradictions discussed in my most recent book, 9/11 Contradictions: An Open Letter to Congress and the Press.

NOTES

1 This essay is based on Chapter 8 (“Did Ted Olson Receive Calls from Barbara Olson?”) of David Ray Griffin, 9/11 Contradictions: An Open Letter to Congress and the Press (Northampton: Olive Branch, 2008).

2 Tim O’Brien, “Wife of Solicitor General Alerted Him of Hijacking from Plane,” CNN, September 11, 2001 (http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/pentagon.olson).

3 This was pointed out in The 9/11 Commission Report, 8.

4 Hannity & Colmes, Fox News, September 14, 2001 (http://s3.amazonaws.com/911timeline/2001/foxnews091401.html).

5 “America’s New War: Recovering from Tragedy,” Larry King Live, CNN, September 14, 2001 (http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/14/lkl.00.html).

6 In his “Barbara K. Olson Memorial Lecture,” delivered November 16, 2001
(
http://www.fed-soc.org/resources/id.63/default.asp),
Olson said that she “somehow managed . . . to use a telephone in the airplane to call.” He laid out this version of his story more fully in an interview reported in Toby Harnden, “She Asked Me How to Stop the Plane,” Daily Telegraph, March 5, 2002 (
http://s3.amazonaws.com/911timeline/2002/telegraph030502.html).

7 I discussed the technical difficulties of making cell phone calls from airliners in 2001 in Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory (Northampton: Olive Branch, 2007), 87-88, 292-97.

[/size]

[size="2"]8 See the submission of 17 February 2006 by “the Paradroid” on the Politik Forum (http://forum.politik.de/forum/archive/index.php/t-133356-p-24.html). It is quoted in David Ray Griffin, 9/11 Contradictions: An Open Letter to Congress and the Press (Northampton: Olive Branch, 2008), 75.

9 United States v. Zacarias Moussaoui, Exhibit Number P200054 (http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaoui/exhibits/prosecution/flights/P200054.html). These documents can be more easily viewed in “Detailed Account of Phone Calls from September 11th Flights”
(http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/evidence/calldetail.html).

10 FBI, “Interview with Theodore Olsen [sic],” “9/11 Commission, FBI Source Documents, Chronological, September 11,” 2001Intelfiles.com, March 14, 2008,
(
http://intelfiles.egoplex.com:80/2008/03/911-commission-fbi-source-documents.html).

11 Alfred Goldberg et al., Pentagon 9/11 (Washington DC: Office of the Secretary of Defense, 2007).

12 O’Brien, “Wife of Solicitor General Alerted Him of Hijacking from Plane.”

14 Shoestring, “The Flight 77 Murder Mystery: Who Really Killed Charles Burlingame?” Shoestring911, February 2, 2008 (http://shoestring911.blogspot.com/2008/02/flight-77-murder-mystery-who-really.html).

15 “In Memoriam: Charles ‘Chic’ Burlingame, 1949-2001,” USS Saratoga Museum foundation (available at http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/planes/analysis/chic_remembered.html).

16 Alfred Goldberg et al., Pentagon 9/11 (Washington DC: Office of the Secretary of Defense, 2007), 12.

17 Of these two possibilities, the idea that Ted Olson was duped should be seriously entertained only if there are records proving that the Department of Justice received two collect calls, ostensibly from Barbara Olson, that morning. Evidently no such records have been produced.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Feb 3 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

heres more...

Could Barbara Olsen Have Made Those Calls?

+Quote Post
realitycheck77
post May 17 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #15

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,042

QUOTE (Leslie Landry @ Feb 2 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Late in the day on 9/11, CNN put out a story that began: “Barbara Olson, a conservative commentator and attorney, alerted her husband, Solicitor General Ted Olson, that the plane she was on was being hijacked Tuesday morning, Ted Olson told CNN.” According to this story, Olson reported that his wife had “called him twice on a cell phone from American Airlines Flight 77,” saying that “all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers. The only weapons she mentioned were knives and cardboard cutters.”2 Ted Olson’s report was very important. It provided the only evidence that American 77, which was said to have struck the Pentagon, had still been aloft after it had disappeared from FAA radar around 9:00 AM (there had been reports, after this disappearance, that an airliner had crashed on the Ohio-Kentucky border). Also, Barbara Olson had been a very well-known commentator on CNN. The report that she died in a plane that had been hijacked by Arab Muslims was an important factor in getting the nation’s support for the Bush administration’s “war on terror.” Ted Olson’s report was important in still another way, being the sole source of the widely accepted idea that the hijackers had box cutters.

[Mod edit: long quote snipped. No reply (or point) found.]

<a href="http://" target="_blank">[/url][font="Verdana"]17 Of these two possibilities, the idea that Ted Olson was duped should be seriously entertained only if there are records proving that the Department of Justice received two collect calls, ostensibly from Barbara Olson, that morning. Evidently no such records have been produced.

+Quote Post
SPreston
post May 18 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #16

Patriotic American

From: Where I am standing on the RUINS of the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY
Member No.: 1,045

And Barbara Olson's fragile heat sensitive DNA was allegedly found way out by the Exit Hole where allegedly a focused cone of energy (not from the Starship Enterprise) from the burning jet fuel allegedly bored a hole through the C-Ring wall. (the latest installment in the heavily modified 9-11 Pentagon OFFICIAL STORY) Does anybody doubt now that the DNA results were faked?

+Quote Post
DoYouEverWonder
post May 18 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 4,096

QUOTE (SPreston @ May 18 2009, 01:58 PM) *
And Barbara Olson's fragile heat sensitive DNA was allegedly found way out by the Exit Hole where allegedly a focused cone of energy (not from the Starship Enterprise) from the burning jet fuel allegedly bored a hole through the C-Ring wall. (the latest installment in the heavily modified 9-11 Pentagon OFFICIAL STORY) Does anybody doubt now that the DNA results were faked?

How would anyone know the difference? Not unless you get the remains retested yourself, which most people would never do. Maybe that's why Teddy 'buried' her in the middle of no where.

That's one of the reasons cremation makes me squeamish. How do you know that's really Uncle Harry's ashes and not just some dirt from the undertakers barbecue pit?

This post has been edited by DoYouEverWonder: May 18 2009, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th November 2019 - 04:30 PM