IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pilot Charles Burlingame/daughter Wendy Burlingame, flight 77

Leslie Landry
post Feb 2 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 3,264

Charles Frank "Chic" Burlingame III (September 12, 1949September 11, 2001) was the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, the aircraft that was crashed by terrorists into the Pentagon during the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Burlingame was born in St. Paul, Minnesota[1] and moved around a lot while growing up as a son of an active duty member of the United States Air Force.[1] He spent parts of his childhood in California and England.[1] Burlingame graduated from Anaheim High School in California.

Charles Burlingame graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1971.[2] In the Navy, he flew F-4 Phantom jets, rising to the rank of captain.[1] In 1979, Burlingame left active duty with the Navy and joined American Airlines though, he remained in the Naval Reserves. Burlingame volunteered to be activated during the Gulf War.[1] Burlingame also spent time working in The Pentagon, while in the Naval Reserves.[3]

Burlingame retired as a Navy Reserve Captain in 1996 and worked at American Airlines.[4] Burlingame was married to an American Airlines flight attendant, Sheri Burlingame.[5]

September 11, 2001 attacksBurlingame was the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, with First Officer David Charlebois,[6] before it was hijacked and flown into the Pentagon. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/cfburling3.htm Charles Frank Burlingame III, Captain, United States Navy]</ref>

Burlingame's burialBurlingame was buried in the Arlington National Cemetery. He was initially deemed ineligible for burial there due to his status as a reservist deceased at an age younger than 60, but Burlingame was given a waiver and his case triggered reform of Arlington's burial criteria.[7]

His daughter Wendy Burlingame in late 2006 died in a suspicious apartment fire. [8]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 2 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #2

N.J. HI-RISE 'ARSON' KILLS DAUGHTER OF PENTAGON PILOT

December 6, 2006 -- The daughter of the 9/11 pilot whose hijacked American Airlines passenger jet crashed into the Pentagon died in a suspicious fire at a 50-story high-rise overlooking the Hudson River in New Jersey yesterday.

The charred body of Wendy Burlingame was discovered by firefighters at around 3:30 a.m.

Her dad, Capt. Charles "Chic" Burlingame, was at the controls of Flight 77 when terrorists overpowered the crew and plowed the jet into the defense complex, killing 184 people.

Yesterday, homicide detectives and fire marshals were sifting through the still-warm ashes in the 10th-floor burned-out apartment in the luxury Galaxy residential complex in Guttenberg, on the banks of the Hudson.

A month ago, Burlingame, 33, picked up stakes, sold her lucrative online dating service in Pittsburgh and moved to New Jersey to live with her long-time boyfriend, Kevin Roderick, relatives said.

Roderick, an Army veteran, escaped unscathed when the deadly blaze broke out in the bedroom at 12:03 a.m.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward De Fazio said that "drinking might have been involved" but did not elaborate.

He said the quick-spreading, four-alarm fire "has been ruled suspicious," but that no accelerant had been used.

Neighbors who live directly below the apartment reported hearing scurrying footsteps and then a mysterious "thump" just minutes before the blaze broke out.

"We usually hear them upstairs, but last night it was louder than usual," said Sebastian Rojas.

"It sounded like somebody was moving something or someone was moving very fast and then it sounded like something was dropped. It wasn't like an explosion. The best I can say it was like a thump."

"The investigation is in very preliminary stages. It's not a homicide at this point," De Fazio said, explaining that "the homicide squad is called in any fire where there is a death."

Burlingame's body was found in the hallway between the kitchen and bedroom. The couple's two dogs also died.

Police questioned and released Roderick. He told them he thought Burlingame "was behind him" when he fled the smoky apartment.

Flames could be seen shooting 20 feet into the night sky before it was brought under control some three hours later.

Burlingame was the niece of Debra Burlingame, the sister of the slain pilot. Debra Burlingame was a frequent guest on TV news shows about the 9/11 attacks and often spoke eloquently about her older brother.

"I just found out and I just can't speak," Debra said of her niece's death. "I'm devastated. This poor girl, this poor family, they've already been through so much. This is a nightmare."

At her father's funeral in Arlington Cemetery in 2001, Wendy Burlingame was photographed with her son Jack, now 9, leaning over the coffin.

Relatives said the boy was with his dad in Texas and hadn't been told the tragic news.

Wendy Burlingame's mom, Nancy Perfect, and sister, Merion, of Ocean City, N.J., arrived at the building complex around dusk.

Merion said she had spent the night chatting with her sister online.

Burlingame's mother held back tears and said, "I just had to come to see for myself."

"She was supposed to come and see me. I talked to her for a long time on the phone and she was planning to come down for a few days."

Perfect said Burlingame and Roderick adored each other.

In Pittsburgh, Wendy Burlingame ran a dating service called Great Expectation. "She loved it," Perfect said. "She could sell anybody anything. She was just wonderful, beautiful, energetic."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12062006/news/...ia_r__fagen.htm

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 4 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Here are some emails Wendy sent about 911 and her father before her death.

Some 9/11-Family email, SEP04

Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: - FW: Capt. Charles Burlingame- Flight 77

John,

This letter arrived too late to add to our class Shipmate column. However, this is a nice note you can post on our class website regarding some correspondence Coach Tom O'Brien received from Chic's daughter, Wendy Burlingame.

As you might have seen, BC beat Penn State on 9/11 last week and "OB" had dedicated the game to those who were fighting the war on terror, including his brother. Tom was on national TV and made these comments during the post-game interview, and Chic's daughter and family saw it. I will also send you another message received from Chic's sister, Debra, who is leading the charge to continue support for the President and the war on terror. You might have seen her speak at the Republican convention, even though she is a life- long Democrat.

These messages show support for our troops from Chic's sister and daughter… The Class of '71 does not endorse any partisan political position.

Duces Virum
Perry Martini, President Class of 1971

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 3:05 PM
Subject: FW: Capt. Charles Burlingame- Flight 77

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 10:47 AM
To: Tom O'Brien
Subject: Capt. Charles Burlingame- Flight 77

Dear Coach O'Brien,

You do not know me, but I happened to be watching your game late Saturday evening, after what was a very sad day for me. I am the daughter of Chic Burlingame, who I now know was a graduating classmate of yours at the Naval Academy in 1971. I wasn't able to attend the ceremonies at the Pentagon on Sept. 11 as I live in New York, but I did visit Ground Zero. There are not many things that can make a difference after mourning such a tragedy, but your words on Saturday were such a great reminder to me that my Dad had friends all over paying tributes to him.

I heard the announcers say that you wanted to win the game for my Dad, and I am sure he was watching over you with happiness. I do not know how well you knew him, but I felt it important to let you know how meaningful your gesture was to me. I was actually in the kitchen feeling very sad, and after hearing your words, I felt as if that message was meant for me. Thank you for having such a good heart, and remembering my Dad in such an important way. I know he would have been proud. I was certainly touched. Best wishes in this season. You now have a new follower!

Fond regards,

Wendy D. Burlingame

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 10:30 AM
To: Tom O'Brien
Subject: Fw: 9/11 Families for Bush

Tom,

Thank you so much for forwarding the article. I am so proud of my dad, your brother, and the many other heroes that were serving that day. You absolutely have my permission to forward my e-mail. I have also forwarded web links to two sites, both of which my family has helped to start in efforts to continue the fight on terrorism and also to encourage the recruitment of good military leaders for our future. www.patriotdreamsfoundation.org

Best wishes,

Wendy Burlingame

p.s. What is your class website?

-------Original Message-------
Date: 08/29/04 12:12:00
Subject: 9/11 Families for Bush

Dear 9/11 Family Members and Friends:

We are a group of 9/11 family members who have joined together to express our public support for President Bush's re-election. We have created a website: www.911familiesforamerica.org and have posted "An Open Letter to the American People" explaining who were are and why we support the President.

http://www.usna.com/classes/1971/SEP04.htm

+Quote Post
Leslie Landry
post Feb 4 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #4

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/cfburling3.htm

+Quote Post
SR71
post Sep 23 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #5

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,512

Chip Burlingame was still living in 2006 and Wendy was murdered because
he contacted her.

QUOTE (Leslie Landry @ Feb 3 2009, 01:26 AM) *
Charles Frank "Chic" Burlingame III (September 12, 1949September 11, 2001) was the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, the aircraft that was crashed by terrorists into the Pentagon during the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Burlingame was born in St. Paul, Minnesota[1] and moved around a lot while growing up as a son of an active duty member of the United States Air Force.[1] He spent parts of his childhood in California and England.[1] Burlingame graduated from Anaheim High School in California.

Charles Burlingame graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1971.[2] In the Navy, he flew F-4 Phantom jets, rising to the rank of captain.[1] In 1979, Burlingame left active duty with the Navy and joined American Airlines though, he remained in the Naval Reserves. Burlingame volunteered to be activated during the Gulf War.[1] Burlingame also spent time working in The Pentagon, while in the Naval Reserves.[3]

Burlingame retired as a Navy Reserve Captain in 1996 and worked at American Airlines.[4] Burlingame was married to an American Airlines flight attendant, Sheri Burlingame.[5]

September 11, 2001 attacksBurlingame was the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, with First Officer David Charlebois,[6] before it was hijacked and flown into the Pentagon. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/cfburling3.htm Charles Frank Burlingame III, Captain, United States Navy]</ref>

Burlingame's burialBurlingame was buried in the Arlington National Cemetery. He was initially deemed ineligible for burial there due to his status as a reservist deceased at an age younger than 60, but Burlingame was given a waiver and his case triggered reform of Arlington's burial criteria.[7]

His daughter Wendy Burlingame in late 2006 died in a suspicious apartment fire. [8]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 06:47 AM