IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Scientific Study - Dmole Please See This., Pressurised Cylinders Impacted into Sand

Teardrop
post Apr 24 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,184

Hi guys.
With reference to the totally unbelievable scenario of a huge Jetliner ploughing it`s way and completely dissapearing into "soft dirt"

The following study was conducted in 1964, back in the day when scientific study meant -
Meticulously control the tests and then record the results, and not what appears a lot nowadays -
Decide on the outcome and then fudge all the data to suit.

dMole I hope you dont mind me putting your nick in the topic tiltle, I felt this analysis might be right down your street.
Please download the following pdf file (7.2 megs) http://contrails.iit.edu/DigitalCollection...DLTDR64-065.pdf

Dynamic Buckling of Shell Structures Subject to Longitudinal Impact
Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory
Research and Technology Division
Air Force, Systems Command,
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.

BTW. Since time began every impact of a body traveling at speed and hitting the earth has always produced a crater effect.
Search google images for `crater` Only a knife blade can penetrate sand without creating a massive circular crater.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dMz
post Apr 24 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

QUOTE (Teardrop @ Apr 24 2009, 10:33 AM) *
dMole I hope you dont mind me putting your nick in the topic tiltle, I felt this analysis might be right down your street.

Actually, "guilty as charged-" this is very close to the kind of work/projects that I (and some friends and family) have done for US govt. agencies at times. I just skimmed the report, but I would have run the experiments with different thicknesses of cylinder (and different materials) with high-speed video taken. I also would have tried cylinders filled to various pressures with different compressed gases. I was fairly close to doing this exact type of work for the US Army several years ago (likely for the M1 Abrams MBT), and I'm not exactly unfamiliar with what goes on down in the New Mexico (and other) deserts.

BTW. Since time began every impact of a body traveling at speed and hitting the earth has always produced a crater effect.
Search google images for `crater` Only a knife blade can penetrate sand without creating a massive circular crater.

Exactly- one of my relatives did a Ph.D. dissertation on impact craters for a fairly well-known university back in the pre-Apollo days. Meteor Crater in AZ is the example that immediately comes to my mind. High-velocity impacts actually get a little curious though, and terminal ballistics is a fairly complicated thing. The DoD seems to have settled with toxic though highly-effective "depleted" Uranium 238 lately, and the Middle East (and Bosnia) will suffer the consequences for millenia.

http://www.meteorcrater.com/index.php

I also saw a technical film where a "high-powered rifle" [whatever the hell that media "buzz word" means] round was compared to a compound bow's arrow fired into plastic 5 gallon buckets of wet sand. Most people were quite surprised at the outcome.

+Quote Post
Teardrop
post Apr 25 2009, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Thanks for your reply, seems you have led an interesting and varied working life.

QUOTE (dMole @ Apr 25 2009, 01:18 AM) *
I also saw a technical film where a "high-powered rifle" [whatever the hell that media "buzz word" means] round was compared to a compound bow's arrow fired into plastic 5 gallon buckets of wet sand. Most people were quite surprised at the outcome.

I`m guessing the arrow penetrated a lot further/through ?

This is a high speed camera perspective of a drop of water impacting into sand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEkp7gqG9uw

This post has been edited by dMole: Apr 25 2009, 03:46 AM
Reason for edit: Added video embed codes

+Quote Post
dMz
post Apr 25 2009, 04:13 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 2,294

QUOTE (Teardrop @ Apr 25 2009, 01:22 AM) *
Thanks for your reply, seems you have led an interesting and varied working life.

I`m guessing the arrow penetrated a lot further/through ?

Yeah, I had the Navy recruiters dogging me hard for several years, and several friends and family ended up on nuclear subs. I've heard some interesting tales about the old Cold War days.

On the arrow, it went slicing through the bucket, shattered a glass jug on the back side of the bucket, and kept flying downrange. I can't remember if it was a 3 or 4-blade hunting broadhead (vicious little things those and razor sharp), but I suspect that a simple "target" point would have done the same thing.

The rifle round was a surplus? 150-grain 30-06 Springfield that actually had little effect on the bucket of sand. Sandbags are used by the military for good reason. A 30-06 rifle isn't all that extreme, although it will dispatch a 700-lb elk rather quickly, and may have something to do with the fact that the British Isles aren't speaking German right now. wink.gif

I loved your water drop video. I could watch those slow "high-speed" videos for hours (I've heard that I'm weird though)- I blame weird science. I had a collection of high-speed photograph sequences of hand grenades and other explosives somewhere, but engineers have stolen some from me over the years.

Take a look at the animations and photos at this high-speed camera manufacturer here:
http://www.cordin.com/images.html

Off-topic, but here are a couple that I found linked from your video Teardrop.

A beautiful red drop of water in slow motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-AX1G0SmY...feature=related

Time Warp - Water Balloon to the Face
embedding disabled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VyvOhPmA0&NR=1

Ferrofluid is some amazing stuff too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJGBy_yygaQ

+Quote Post
Teardrop
post Apr 25 2009, 05:04 AM
Post #5

wow that Ferrofluid video is really bizarre,
and like watching the Towers collapse, the eye cannot fully interpret what it is seeing.

Or is what is happening in that video the answer ? Ultrasonic soundwaves producing those billowing streams of dust.
Hmm.. has anyone ever done a study on soundwaves physically altering a material substance. Steel to dust anyone ?

+Quote Post
Willow
post Apr 25 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,112

Either of you familiar with the work of Hans Jenny?

+Quote Post
Teardrop
post Apr 25 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Thank you Willow I had not seen anything like that before, and it led me to find this :
Photodisruptive laser nucleation and ultrasonically-driven cavitation
See the full description here http://www.wikipatents.com/6391020.html
Now I`m not suggesting this invention could inflict the destruction on the scale of what we`re talking about,
but it is food for thought.
the following image was put together from the wikipatent article.

Most people say that the destruction of the Towers occured within the 10-15 seconds of collapse, well whats
to say an unclassified weapon wasn`t being deployed internally immediately after the explosions/fireballs were
externally visual.

+Quote Post
lunk
post Apr 25 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

QUOTE (Teardrop @ Apr 25 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Thank you Willow I had not seen anything like that before, and it led me to find this :
Photodisruptive laser nucleation and ultrasonically-driven cavitation
See the full description here http://www.wikipatents.com/6391020.html
Now I`m not suggesting this invention could inflict the destruction on the scale of what we`re talking about,
but it is food for thought.
the following image was put together from the wikipatent article.

Most people say that the destruction of the Towers occured within the 10-15 seconds of collapse, well whats
to say an unclassified weapon wasn`t being deployed internally immediately after the explosions/fireballs were
externally visual.

I wonder why they needed thermite?

+Quote Post
Teardrop
post Apr 30 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (lunk @ Apr 25 2009, 10:29 PM) *
I wonder why they needed thermite?

I must have another look at thermite, the only clip I have watched shows railroad track being cut.
Seemed quite a slow process, which means how did they time it on the Towers to do such a precision balanced drop. Twice.

Yeah and add explosives to that as well, blowing huge metal panels sideways through the air.
It seems they used the whole toolbox on that op.

This post has been edited by Teardrop: Apr 30 2009, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
lunk
post May 4 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 875

Thermite was used for sure,
visible chunks can be drawn out of the dust with a magnet!

The enormous fireballs and explosions after each IR guided(?) plane crashed, resembled thermobaric explosions. IMHO

The reports of the guns in the police museum found encased in molten concrete in building 6, and the presents of elevated levels of tritium in the ground water, after
2001/9/11 indicate the use of nuclear weapon(s) as well. (IMHO)

There was a tremendous amount of destructive energy put into the demolition of the whole WTC complex, and building 7, (not even in the same block), that day.

Yes, I think, they did throw everything that they had at it,
but they also may want us to think that they have more sophisticated weapons, that don't quite really exist
...yet.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 06:12 AM