IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Dutch Pentagon Attack Recreation A Fraud? - Simulator Not Certified, Not A 757

Rating 5 V

rob balsamo
post Oct 19 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Click here for video and full article including email exchanges with the National Aerospace Laboratory.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/dutch_simulation_debunked

Spread it everywhere!

Dutch Pentagon Attack Recreation A Fraud? - Simulator Not Certified, Not A 757

(Pilotsfor911truth.org) - Some may be aware of a video in which Dutch Researchers at the National Aerospace Laboratory recreate the Pentagon Attack in a flight simulator with what they claim is an "inexperienced pilot", in an attempt to prove that it is "not impossible" for Hani Hajour --the alleged hijacker pilot of American Airlines Flight 77-- to have performed such a maneuver. Others, mostly anonymous, attempt to use this outdated video in a poor attempt to discredit seasoned 757/767 Captains speaking out. Since the release of "9/11: World Trade Center Attack" featuring interviews with 757/767 Captains from United and American Airlines who have attempted to recreate the maneuvers reported on 9/11, Pilots For 9/11 Truth have once again come under fire. Captains from United, American and other airlines have attempted to recreate the maneuvers performed on 9/11 and found it highly unlikely to impossible for any inexperienced pilot to have accomplished such maneuvers (See "9/11: World Trade Center Attack" and "Pandora's Black Box - Chapter Two - Flight Of American 77" at http://pilotsfor911truth.org for more details).

The Dutch simulation test was performed prior to the release of the Flight Data Recorder information, so clearly the Dutch researchers did not have any scientific data to examine the maneuver, nor implement the maneuver properly. Their main focus was to debunk claims made that the turning maneuver was impossible, which we agree is possible according to the data now released. However, other aspects of the flight path are impossible (See "9/11: Attack On The Pentagon" at http://pilotsfor911truth.org).

<snip>

After review of the simulation, here are the unknowns. They claim to use a speed of 800 km/h, which is 30 knots less than reported by the 9/11 Commission and the since released Flight Data Recorder information. A 30 knot difference at such high speeds can be a major factor in control effectiveness and structural integrity (See "9/11: World Trade Center Attack"). They also do not show the simulator reaching this speed. We also don't know the exact maneuver performed. Although they show a diagram prior to entering the simulator, there is no way of knowing if they actually followed such a flight path. We also don't know type of aircraft configuration nor any weather conditions they may have set for the maneuver. Although the sky was clear on 9/11, there was an almost direct cross wind at 10 knots which is a factor when maneuvering (See METAR's at http://pilotsfor911truth.org/pentagon). We also don't know experience level of the simulator pilot. The video compares Hani Hanjour to Mr. Ruigrok, the simulator pilot, as "inexperienced" and having flight time in light aircraft and flight simulators, but how much? Mr. Ruigrok works for the National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR). It is fair to say he has a lot of time in simulators and is very familiar with such a device. As Mr. Ruigrok enters the simulator, the narrator goes on to state Mr Ruigrok had "practice" as "Hani probably did too" suggesting Mr. Ruigrok has practiced the attack maneuver prior to the taping as Hani "probably" would have done prior to 9/11. This is scientific research? No, this is creating more experience for an alleged "inexperienced pilot" based on speculation. When asked, NLR refused to offer credentials and experience level of Mr. Ruigrok in order to determine their definition of "inexpereinced". (See below).

This is what we do know about their simulation:

It is not based on data; The crash logic was disabled; The over-speed warnings were disabled; They did not include topographical obstacles; The light poles on Washington Blvd are non-existent, and, most importantly, the simulator is not a 757! All of these are major factors when attempting to recreate a real-life maneuver which Pilots For 9/11 Truth have shown, based on data, is impossible.

Keep in mind, jumping in any old simulator attempting to hit the Pentagon is very easy to do. The Pentagon is one of the largest buildings in the world. But for the purpose of this recreation attempt, the Dutch researchers claim they are a "...technological institute [focusing] on scientific research and.. therefore only present information to the media directly based on this research" (See email exchanges below). NLR claims to be presenting a scientific approach for the purpose of performing the maneuvers reported and impacting the area of the Pentagon attacked, concluding the attack as possible.

On first attempt during the taping of the video, Mr. Ruigrok hits the top northwest corner of the building which would have spread large pieces of wreckage everywhere, unlike the alleged object that hit the Pentagon which left very little wreckage. The second hit plowed into the front lawn and foundation. No such damage is observed at the Pentagon. The third time looks like a more direct hit but again plows into the foundation.

Conclusion - It took 3 tries on video to get it close. How many times did Mr. Ruigrok "practice" prior as the video admits? The simulator crash logic being disabled is a major factor as the simulator would have crashed long before getting to the Pentagon due to excessive speed (See "9/11: World Trade Center Attack"). The over speed warning also being disabled is another major factor as it's a huge distraction to the pilot while flying. Combined with the fact the light poles on Washington Blvd are missing and the fact the simulator is not that of a 757, how can anyone take such recreation for this purpose (ad-hoc and incidental) as scientific?

Pilots For 9/11 Truth contacted the National Aerospace Laboratory in the Netherlands in an attempt to clarify some details of this simulator test.

These were the questions asked:

1. Prior to the above simulation, how long has Mr. Ruigrok worked for NLR and in what capacity?

2. Prior to above simulation, how much total flight time did Mr. Ruigrok have logged? In what type aircraft? How much time in a 757 Flight simulator?

3. Your video states Mr. Ruigrok has flight time in flight simulators and light aircraft as did Hani Hanjour, the reported Hijacker/pilot of American Airlines Flight 77. As Mr Ruigrok enters the simulator in the video, the narrator goes on to state Mr Ruigrok had some "practice" as "Hani probably did too". How much practice did Mr Ruigrok have flying the maneuver prior to videotaping the maneuver?

4. The speed used for the simulation was stated as 800 km/h. This is 30 knots less than the speeds reported by the 9/11 Commission. Do you have any video tape showing the airspeed during the acceleration to the Pentagon?

5. We noticed the crash logic on your simulator was disabled for this test, or it was not installed. We also notice the over speed warnings were not operating as normal if in fact Mr Ruigrok exceeded Vmo. At what speed over Vmo is the crash logic usually triggered on the simulator used? (red screens, simulator freezes.. .etc)

6. Was the simulator used in this test certified to Level D Full Flight Simulator (FFS) Standards?

And the first reply:

Dear mr. Balsamo,

On request from journalists, NLR has demonstrated in an ad-hoc simulation in a non-certified research full flight simulator that it is not impossible for an inexperienced pilot to perform the flight manoeuvre which has lead to the crash in the Pentagon on 9/11. NLR has not studied the events on 9/11 in detail and can therefore not state anything conclusive about it.

Best regards,

Frank Vos

Bolding emphasis added. The National Aerospace Laboratory uses a simulator which is not certified to compare a real life flight maneuver? Why isn't it certified? Because it doesn't behave like a real airplane? This is scientific research? We attempt to contact Mr. Vos again pointing out we were not looking for a conclusive statement regarding 9/11.

Dear Mr Vos,

I thank you for your prompt reply. However, we were not asking for any conclusive statement regarding 9/11 from your organization. Our inquiry was to the experience level of Mr Ruigrok who performed the simulation. If you would be so kind to review these questions again and perhaps provide more specific answers as to the experience level and practice performed by Mr Ruigrok prior to the taping, it would be much appreciated.

1. Prior to the above simulation, how long has Mr. Ruigrok worked for NLR and in what capacity?

2. Prior to above simulation, how much total flight time did Mr. Ruigrok have logged? In what type aircraft? How much time in a 757 Flight simulator?

3. Your video states Mr. Ruigrok has flight time in flight simulators and light aircraft as did Hani Hanjour, the reported Hijacker/pilot of American Airlines Flight 77. As Mr Ruigrok enters the simulator in the video, the narrator goes on to state Mr Ruigrok had some "practice" as "Hani probably did too". How much practice did Mr Ruigrok have flying the maneuver prior to videotaping the maneuver?

4. The speed used for the simulation was stated as 800 km/h. This is 30 knots less than the speeds reported by the 9/11 Commission. Do you have any video tape showing the airspeed during the acceleration to the Pentagon?

5. We noticed the crash logic on your simulator was disabled for this test, or it was not installed. We also notice the over speed warnings were not operating as normal if in fact Mr Ruigrok exceeded Vmo. At what speed over Vmo is the crash logic usually triggered on the simulator used? (red screens, simulator freezes.. .etc)

6. Was the simulator used in this test certified to Level D Full Flight Simulator (FFS) Standards? (I believe you already answered this question, and that it was not certified. Thank you)

Again, Thank you in advance for any questions you may be able to answer.

Rob Balsamo
Co-Founder
pilotsfor911truth.org
Member list
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/core

And the reply:

Dear Mr. Balsamo,

The media policy of NLR includes that we do not contribute to any investigations, articles or news items by journalists and media, concerning the events that occured
[sic] on 9/11. This guideline concerns in particular the supposed manoeuvres of the flights that day. Our simulation was ad-hoc and incidental. As a technological institute we focus on scientific research and we therefore only present information to the media directly based on this research. For that reason I'm sorry to tell you that we don't want to examine your questions.

Best regards,

Frank Vos

Again, bolding emphasis added. Hmmm, feels a lot like the replies we get from the National Transportation Safety Board and the FBI. First Mr. Vos acknowedges NLR demonstrated/recreated a reported event on 9/11 due to a request made by journalists, when asked to clarify, Mr. Vos now claims it's against NLR policy to contribute? Contradict much?

Our final reply to Mr. Vos,

Dear Mr Vos,

I am sorry to hear that you "Don't want to examine our questions".

If your organization is truly interested in science, you may want to research the Flight Data Recorder information being provided by the NTSB which has since been released through the Freedom Of Information Act since your simulation test. It does not support the 9/11 Commission version of events. It has been examined by US Certified Aircraft Accident Investigators (including a former USAF Accident Investigation Board President), FDR Experts, Boeing Simulator Experts and High time pilots (including several who have actual flight time in the aircraft reportedly used on 9/11, all 4).

You can read a summary of our findings here.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/pressrelease

Also, according to the data, topography and obstacles, it is impossible for a 757 to have performed the maneuver as claimed by the 9/11 Commission. Again, examined by the above certified professionals. The NTSB and FBI refuse to comment.

Considering your simulator was not certified, the crash logic disabled, and the video admits Mr Ruigrok had "practice" based on speculation that "Hani probably did too", this is not consistent with scientific research.

I thank you for taking the time to review our questions. Once again, I'm sorry you "Don't want to examine them".

Although, you may want to examine the information and data for yourself. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Rob Balsamo
Co-Founder
pilotsfor911truth.org

If anyone would like to email Mr. Vos for inquiry, please feel free, although you may not get much of an answer. dfvos@nlr.nl

Pilots For 9/11 Truth is an organization of aviation professionals from around the globe. The organization has analyzed Flight Data provided by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). The data does not support the government story. See <a href="http://pilotsfor911truth.org/pressrelease" target="_blank">http://pilotsfor911truth.org/pressrelease</a> for a summary of Pentagon Analysis. The NTSB/FBI refuse to comment. Pilots For 9/11 Truth Core member list continues to grow.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/core.html for full member list.

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/join to join.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
onesliceshort
post Oct 21 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4,095

I used to get angry when I saw comments like Lapmanīs. Now I just feel pity.
Loyalists are like stubborn kids that refuse to believe Santa doesnīt exist. blahblah1.gif

Could you imagine if WE were pushing their arguments to expose an inside job?

Hani Hanjur could have pulled this manouevre because..umm..I say so. Never mind the massive number of instructors who totally ran him into the ground. I rest my case.

Of course Lloyd englandīs story is true. It is perfectly feasible that that bigass pole skewered his cab and didnīt damage his bonnet. Nobody saw it? What about the unidentified īsilent strangerī?
He admitted on camera īit was plannedī? Ummm...Lloyd is a senile old man and should not be listened to...apart from when he backs up my argument. Case closed.

Of course Flight 93 buried itself halfway into the ground. Pff..why would you doubt it?

WTC7 fell because of fire...FEMA says so..wait, no it doesnīt..freefall speed? 9/11 physics my friend..

Corraborative NOC testimony? They are all wrong. My reasoning? We have the governmentīs word on plane parts and DNA. Next!

The gatecam is not fraudulent. Yes, one witness saw this low level flightpath with the white plume..the camera.

Yes the ASCE report claims that 1000šC temperatures were reached in the Pentagon. Thatīs why it collapsed. How was the DNA identified? Unimaginable technology. Didnīt a passenger strapped into his plane seat survive this Danteīs inferno?

Yes I will admit we had our thumbs up our asses that morning and had absolutely no air defences.

CRAZY that Arab extremists had the ability, total professionalism and knowledge of transponders, radar blindspots and safety through the coincidental wargames exercise which rendered NORAD helpless. AND the incredible pilotting skills that had 75% (or maybe 100%) succes rate. But it happened.

Aaaaaaaaaaagghhh!!!!

So Rob. please donīt ban this guy. He helps our cause more than you can imagine! laughing1.gif

Excellent post btw.
All these half-baked īscientificī experiments have got to be exposed. Ridiculous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- rob balsamo   Dutch Pentagon Attack Recreation A Fraud? - Simulator Not Certified, Not A 757   Oct 19 2009, 05:48 PM
- - panthercat   I mentioned this particular flight to a roommate w...   Oct 19 2009, 11:28 PM
|- - lapman   QUOTE (panthercat @ Oct 18 2009, 02:28 AM...   Oct 20 2009, 01:13 AM
|- - painter   QUOTE (lapman @ Oct 19 2009, 10:13 PM) Hi...   Oct 20 2009, 01:37 AM
|- - panthercat   I was under the impression he wasn't qualified...   Oct 20 2009, 05:04 AM
||- - dMole   QUOTE (panthercat @ Oct 20 2009, 03:04 AM...   Oct 21 2009, 09:23 AM
|- - rob balsamo   QUOTE (lapman @ Oct 20 2009, 01:13 AM) Yo...   Oct 20 2009, 09:33 AM
- - albertchampion   when i used to run my blog, there were a few agent...   Oct 20 2009, 12:54 AM
- - Omega892R09   Rob you have pinned that jelly (Jell-O) to the wal...   Oct 20 2009, 06:49 AM
- - amazed!   I would love to take Lapman up in a light twin, fi...   Oct 20 2009, 04:02 PM
- - onesliceshort   I used to get angry when I saw comments like Lapma...   Oct 21 2009, 08:55 AM
- - paranoia   a dissection of the bernard quote: http://z10.inv...   Oct 21 2009, 03:01 PM
|- - rob balsamo   QUOTE (paranoia @ Oct 21 2009, 03:01 PM) ...   Oct 21 2009, 04:02 PM
- - tnemelckram   ROb, Painter, Albert, Panther, Dmole and Paranoia....   Oct 21 2009, 04:06 PM
|- - dMole   QUOTE (tnemelckram @ Oct 21 2009, 02:06 P...   Oct 22 2009, 05:17 AM
|- - SPreston   QUOTE (tnemelckram @ Oct 21 2009, 03:06 P...   Nov 15 2009, 10:24 AM
- - tnemelckram   Hi Dmole! QUOTE Actually, I have hundreds/tho...   Oct 22 2009, 03:34 PM
- - Xymtrix   I watched the full show, with sound, and according...   Nov 13 2009, 10:30 AM
|- - onesliceshort   QUOTE (Xymtrix @ Nov 13 2009, 03:30 PM) I...   Nov 13 2009, 12:21 PM
- - rob balsamo   Bumping this as duhbunkers are once again trying t...   Feb 15 2012, 06:01 PM
- - amazed!   One of the posters over at UM, a pilot himself as ...   Feb 16 2012, 04:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 03:01 AM