IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Hijacking Survival Guide, the hijacking survival guide

van D
post Jul 30 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 2,599

here it is. The hijacking survival guide:

http://www.clicker.com/tv/surviving-disaster/Hijack-362426/

:-)

i just love Discovery channel.

Rune van Deurs
Norway
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 30 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (van D @ Jul 30 2010, 05:10 PM) *
here it is. The hijacking survival guide:

http://www.clicker.com/tv/surviving-disaster/Hijack-362426/

:-)

i just love Discovery channel.

Rune van Deurs
Norway

I watched the entire video above.

Everything... and i mean EVERYTHING -- outside of the passengers overcoming and incapacitating the "hijackers" -- should be disregarded.

In other words....

The above video starts off with telling you to be paranoid with everyone around you when you go through security. But then it tells you to trust everyone around you when a hijack takes place. It then gives good advice on how to overcome a hijack. Then it gives very poor advice on who should be controlling the aircraft should the cockpit crew become incapacitated.

If there is not a passenger that is a pilot with a complex/high performance endorsement... the Flight Attendant with the most experience on type... should be flying that airplane.

I have long said that FA's should go through at least 1 sim session "in the box", before graduation.

Of course, operating cost is more important than safety at any airline.

I'd like to see the guy in the video above give orders to an FA...lol.

Conclusion:

The overall message of the above video linked represents a real power struggle among crew and pax once the "hijackers" are incapacitated. I applaud the effort to overcome people who want to kill you, but once the survival instinct is resolved and the "hijack" threat neutralized, the rest should be left to the professionals. A Flight Attendant with time in type has more experience than any non-pilot passenger on how that aircraft behaves in air and on landing.

Passengers, if you do not have flight experience, don't be surprised if an FA tells you to get back in your seat in such a situation after the "hijack" threat is resolved. You would be wise to obey. They aren't there to just serve you coffee.

If the FA asks for your help, then help, but by no means try to take control of your airplane without the approval of the crew, cabin or cockpit. There is a reason you paid for your ride, and the crew is being paid to give you a ride. They are trained. You are not. Listen to your crew.

Finally, the "Airline pilot" named "Mike Karns" at 26:00 in the above video who claims "all airline pilots monitor 121.5 while airborne", is an idiot, because we don't. Nor is it required. It is best to transmit on last known frequency (already dialed into the radio), then try 121.5.

+Quote Post
Ricochet
post Jul 31 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #3

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 3,225

Rob, as always a true professional.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Jul 31 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Ricochet @ Jul 31 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Rob, as always a true professional.

I try... smile.gif

I should also add that most airline pilots monitor the company frequency on Comm 2 (the second radio).

So if you cant raise anyone on comm 1, try comm 2.

123.45 is also another good frequency to know and easy to remember. Many pilots use that frequency to gab on the radio when they are bored.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 04:30 AM