IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Opp= Other People's Propaganda

tnemelckram
post Nov 11 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Contributor
Member No.: 2,690

Hi All!

I was watching the sports shows on ESPN today and that got me to thinking about War Propaganda. The American way on exhibit seemed much too heavy-handed.

I think the Russian film Alexsander Nevsky (1938) inadvertently got it just right. The film is about Russia's Alpha National Hero who repulsed an invasion by the Teutonic Knights in 1241. It shows some particularly nasty invaders who at one point throw infant children into fires, which shortly after segues into the rousing song Arise Ye Russian People and then the famous Battle On The Ice.

Stalin suppressed the film in 1939 because it obviously didn't jibe with his friendship pact with Hitler. As we know all that changed in 1941; there was sudden need to make Russians want to kill lots of Germans, and this very useful film was already in the can. Forget tanks and nukes, if anyone ever has the temerity to invade again, this film will again be the Russian Nation's Secret Weapon.

But with little current conflict with the Germans in 1938, the film was made with a lighter hand. The invaders are faceless because they are almost always covered by the iron helmets the knights are wearing. Halfway through the following clip, as the invading army approaches the defending Russians, one Russian simply says to another "The Germans" without any further elaboration. The enemy is counter intuitively wearing white. The camera-music mix is perfect and does not try to hit you over the head, but gradually builds as the clash draws closer.

Here is the Battle On The Ice scene, directed by Sergei Eistenstein, music by Prokofiev. If my embed attempt doesn't work, Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLYO5KA3DQ...feature=related

This post has been edited by paranoia: Nov 11 2010, 10:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:44 PM