IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
"in 1997 Newt Gingrich Proposed The Death Penalty For Possession Of Marijuana"

Quest
post Jan 21 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 145

Using this logic one could only assume that consuming alchololic beverages should draw a life sentence.

watch at the 6:30 mark.

Gary Johnson "In 1997 Newt Gingrich Proposed The Death Penalty For Possession Of Marijuana"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSWcvBeP1Q

This post has been edited by Quest: Jan 21 2012, 07:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GroundPounder
post Jan 21 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 315

gingrich is a buffoon and should have been put in jail years ago. but what the hell, we live in the twilight zone where normal rulz don't apply.

+Quote Post
nitatut
post Jan 22 2012, 03:15 AM
Post #3

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,998

GroundPounder
gingrich is a buffoon and should have been put in jail years ago. but what the hell, we live in the twilight zone where normal rulz don't apply.

Yep, life is not what it pretends to be.

Horrific, the thought that such a creature is supposedly - key word SUPPOSEDLY - considered for the position of Commander In Chief

So now we sacrifice our sons and daughters for the epitome of rot ?

Incredible.

We are screwed.

The actors are not even D-

+Quote Post
bill
post Jan 22 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Group: Guest
Member No.: 147

Gingrich is a fat turd

and how did he 'win' SC when he canceled a campaign event the day before for lack of attendance

http://www.live5news.com/story/16563270/gi...poor-attendance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2NmFVox-Q8...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
onesliceshort
post Jan 22 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4,095

Do they still use the same electronic voting method in the US?

I'm Irish, so forgive me if I'm way off in the way I see things over there.

I mean, if people didn't take to the streets and take their country back after the neocons "voted" themselves in and disenfranchised tens of thousands in key areas for nearly a decade is it any surprise that an animal like Gingrich is in the position he is?

Not because of some Rep/Dem political party "dirty tricks" (the virtual non-protest to the glaring evidence by the Dems spoke volumes) but to keep the key players in charge to continue the militarization and stuff the pockets of the contractors and their whore partners in Wall Street and the White House while doing Israel's bidding.

I've lost all faith in politics but I would prefer to see Ron Paul in there just in case he actually means what he says. The odds are stacked against a "good man" ever sitting in the White House.

+Quote Post
GroundPounder
post Jan 22 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 315

QUOTE (bill @ Jan 20 2012, 10:14 AM) *
Gingrich is a fat turd

agreed. i have one thing to say to the people of south carolina. 'you all are idiots or stupid. if the vote count was on the up and up, then you are idiots. if there was fraud, then you are stupid for allowing it to occur and not identifying/rectifying it so that it could garner national attention.'

+Quote Post
nitatut
post Jan 23 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 5,998

Newt may still have the ability to manipulate using his brand of blather, but that's all.

These types of candidates are resurrected preelection to satisfy the emotional needs of certain groups or demographics, helps carry the con.

He is the "old American candidate" (ie; old europe). On the other side of the fence you have the peasants, the disenfranchised last hope.
Ironic considering that the peasant-slaves have suffered even more, the most, under the great hope.

There is little real political discourse in IOUSA - Real debate is not allowed on TV - It is all just a never-ending TV show, a production, a phony reality that has become a real time soap opera in this land of fantasy. Now the newscasters - liecasters - discuss who newt has had sexual intercourse with, as if Americans are not tortured enough by these grotesque caricatures.

I'm surprised millions are not vomiting non stop while laughing and turning off the TV.

Here's an article on the newt myth. I don't "believe" as the author does, but some snippets are revealing, ie; how the newt evokes the WWII era (the emotional needs of certain demographics).

Link - fair use: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71023_Page2.html

Newt Gingrich's 'historic' campaigns

By ARI MELBER | 1/3/12 11:37 AM EST

Looking past the Iowa caucus, Newt Gingrich announced that he is going to start hitting Mitt Romney “every day.” For most of the campaign, however, Gingrich’s famous asset, his hyperactive verbal imagination, has been limited to solipsistic fantasy. Gingrich never unloaded on his Republican rivals, and now it may be too late.

But before Gingrich completes another media metamorphosis — from caterpillar pundit to butterfly candidate and, inevitably, back into the weeds as pundit again — let’s run through a few of the classics and see if we can learn anything.

When Gingrich’s senior advisers resigned en masse last spring, Gingrich cast the ensuing negative coverage as a misreading of his historic bid for the presidency.

“It’s going to take a while for the news media to realize that you’re covering something that happens once or twice in a century,” the former speaker said, “a genuine grass-roots campaign of very big ideas. I expect it to take a while for it to sink in.”

Each Gingrich setback, it seems, has been a historic event. Remember when his campaign compared its failure to qualify for the Virginia ballot to the Pearl Harbor attack? An analogy that will live in infamy. Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post columnist and Gingrich’s former Fox News colleague, joked that the better comparison was the Battle of Hastings in 1066. More seriously, Krauthammer argued that Gingrich’s line revealed the ridiculous scale of “the way [Gingrich] imagines himself.”

But you don’t have to interpret Gingrich’s political poetry to speculate on his self-image. He is an open book.

Take his recurring assurances that he is in all this for himself.

“It’s not altruism!” Gingrich once told The Washington Post, reflecting on what drew him to public service. “I have an enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet.… This is just the beginning of a 20-or-30-year movement.”

Gingrich has long thought in these grand terms. As he once explained, “I found a way to immerse my insecurities in a cause large enough to justify whatever I wanted it to.”

That cathartic urge might help explain this bizarre claim from 1994: “People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz. I see evil all around me every day.”

Gingrich invokes the World War II era so often, in fact, that he has cast the Democrats on both sides of the conflict. Congressional Democrats were so tyrannical they posed a literal threat to freedom on par with Mussolini (1989), for example, but they were also so feckless that they favored appeasement like Chamberlain (1983).

This analogy’s grip on Gingrich is so strong, even Republican heroes end up in Chamberlain’s suit.

President Ronald Reagan’s 1985 meeting with the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev was – you guessed it! – possibly “the most dangerous summit for the West since Adolf Hitler met with Chamberlain in 1938 at Munich,” according to Gingrich at the time.

So does this matter now?

Well, the media largely swallowed Gingrich’s claim that he’s running a “positive” campaign because intraparty attacks are counterproductive to winning in November.

Now, it is possible that Gingrich has evolved since blasting Reagan as a Hitler-appeaser in 1985. Perhaps Gingrich’s views have matured since his victorious congressional race in 1978, when he told College Republicans that “one of the great problems we have in the Republican Party is that we don’t encourage you to be nasty.” To illustrate the lesson, he said that not only had Presidents Richard M. Nixon and Gerald R. Ford done a “terrible” and “pathetic job,” but there was not a single “competent national Republican leader” in Gingrich’s “lifetime.”

It is clear, however, that Gingrich’s general taste for grandiose and incendiary rhetoric has not cooled. He has the same style today— if a different subject.

Gingrich has turned his impassioned gaze inward, taking an eye off opponents and yoking history’s most consequential events to his navel. It is the tick of a tired warrior, as Gingrich might say, a veteran who prefers war stories to war. Or a candidate who prefers talking to winning.

Ari Melber is a correspondent for the Nation magazine who contributes regularly to Politico (contact: www.arimelber.com).

Here's excerpts from an article on how the newt manipulates language and was snagged for it - Link, fair use: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1276

The truth is obvious, we are being managed, played.

Extra! Update February 1995

'Language: A Key Mechanism of Control'

But the clearest expression of Gingrich's philosophy of media came in a GOPAC memo entitled "Language: A Key Mechanism of Control." Distributed to GOP candidates across the country, the memo's list of words for Democrats and words for Republicans was endorsed by Gingrich in a cover letter: "The words in that paper are tested language from a recent series of focus groups where we actually tested ideas and language." Next time you hear Gingrich complain about media focusing on the negative, refer back to these lists.

As you know, one of the key points in the GOPAC tapes is that "language matters." In the video "We Are a Majority," Language is listed as a key mechanism of control used by a majority party, along with Agenda, Rules, Attitude and Learning. As the tapes have been used in training sessions across the country and mailed to candidates, we have heard a plaintive plea: "I wish I could speak like Newt."

That takes years of practice. But we believe that you could have a significant impact on your campaign and the way you communicate if we help a little. That is why we have created this list of words and phrases.

This list is prepared so that you might have a directory of words to use in writing literature and mail, in preparing speeches, and in producing electronic media. The words and phrases are powerful. Read them. Memorize as many as possible. And remember that, like any tool, these words will not help if they are not used....

Contrasting Words

Often we search hard for words to help us define our opponents. Sometimes we are hesitant to use contrast. Remember that creating a difference helps you. These are powerful words that can create a clear and easily understood contrast. Apply these to the opponent, their record, proposals and their party.

decay... failure (fail)... collapse(ing)... deeper... crisis... urgent(cy)... destructive... destroy... sick... pathetic... lie... liberal... they/them... unionized bureaucracy... "compassion" is not enough... betray... consequences... limit(s)... shallow... traitors... sensationalists...

endanger... coercion... hypocrisy... radical... threaten... devour... waste... corruption... incompetent... permissive attitudes... destructive... impose... self-serving... greed... ideological... insecure... anti-(issue): flag, family, child, jobs... pessimistic... excuses... intolerant...

stagnation... welfare... corrupt... selfish... insensitive... status quo... mandate(s)... taxes... spend(ing)... shame... disgrace... punish (poor...)... bizarre... cynicism... cheat... steal... abuse of power... machine... bosses... obsolete... criminal rights... red tape... patronage

Optimistic Positive Governing Words

Use the list below to help define your campaign and your vision of public service. These words can help give extra power to your message. In addition, these words help develop the positive side of the contrast you should create with your opponent, giving your community something to vote for!

share... change... opportunity... legacy... challenge... control... truth... moral... courage... reform... prosperity... crusade... movement... children... family... debate... compete... active(ly)... we/us/our... candid(ly)... humane... pristine... provide...

liberty... commitment... principle(d)... unique... duty... precious... premise... care(ing)... tough... listen... learn... help... lead... vision... success... empower(ment)... citizen... activist... mobilize... conflict... light... dream... freedom...

peace... rights... pioneer... proud/pride... building... preserve... pro-(issue): flag, children, environment... reform... workfare... eliminate good-time in prison... strength... choice/choose... fair... protect... confident... incentive... hard work... initiative... common sense... passionate

This post has been edited by nitatut: Jan 23 2012, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
onesliceshort
post Jan 23 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4,095

+Quote Post
paranoia
post Jan 24 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #9

dig deeper
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 96

obama wasnt created out of thin air to only be here for four years. he will surely be prez for another term, and even though electronic voting and maybe all voting is rigged, the illusion of choice is still a necessity. to make obama the victor but with minimal doubt or suspicion, the prerequisite move is to nominate a republican (opposite obama) who is too conservative to be elected, even by so-called republicans. looks to me like gingrich is the perfect guy for that role. i wouldnt be too surprised if he wins the gop nomination and of course no surprise when he loses by a significant margin to obama.

2cents

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 04:40 PM