IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Aa77 Fdr Was Solid State, Cvr Was Magnetic Tape. Why The Two Versions?

TheSurgeon
post Feb 2 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 5,081

AA77 FDR was Solid State, CVR was Magnetic Tape. Why the two versions?

I'm researching AA77's black boxes and am very curious why the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) was a L-3 Communications, Fairchild Aviation Recorders model FA2100, which is solid state;

and,

the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) was a L-3 Communications, Fairchild Aviation Recorders model A-100A, which has magnetic tape.

Officials at both American Airlines and United Airlines said the black boxes aboard their doomed planes were modern solid state versions. Such devices are more resistant to damage than older magnetic tape recorders.

If AA77 was upgraded (or originally manufactured) with a Solid State Flight Data Recorder (SSFDR), wouldn't the CVR also be a solid state version? Specifically the model FA2100 Cockpit Voice Recorder.

And, why not use the FA2100 Cockpit Voice and Data Recorder (CVDR) which is a combined unit?

FA2100 CVDR
L-3 Aviation Recorders
L-3 Communications: History of Flight Recorders

Did the government show us an old version of the CVR (model A-100A)? One that was no longer actually used in the 737-223

Any info would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coffeelover
post Feb 7 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 6,541

QUOTE (TheSurgeon @ Feb 2 2012, 08:43 AM) *
AA77 FDR was Solid State, CVR was Magnetic Tape. Why the two versions?

I'm researching AA77's black boxes and am very curious why the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) was a L-3 Communications, Fairchild Aviation Recorders model FA2100, which is solid state;

and,

the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) was a L-3 Communications, Fairchild Aviation Recorders model A-100A, which has magnetic tape.

If AA77 was upgraded (or originally manufactured) with a Solid State Flight Data Recorder (SSFDR), wouldn't the CVR also be a solid state version? Specifically the model FA2100 Cockpit Voice Recorder.

And, why not use the FA2100 Cockpit Voice and Data Recorder (CVDR) which is a combined unit?

FA2100 CVDR
L-3 Aviation Recorders
L-3 Communications: History of Flight Recorders

Did the government show us an old version of the CVR (model A-100A)? One that was no longer actually used in the 737-223

Any info would be appreciated.

Strange...... Flight 77 was a 757 model. The only time "I" ever seen units that were separated were in Aircraft conversions, to cargo haulers. Where as the unit is in the aft section, of the aft lower cargo bay, vice the overhead compartment in the aft section over the aft waitress station above the drop down panel.

Coffee

+Quote Post
TheSurgeon
post Feb 10 2012, 07:27 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Coffeelover @ Feb 8 2012, 04:16 AM) *
Strange...... Flight 77 was a 757 model. The only time "I" ever seen units that were separated were in Aircraft conversions, to cargo haulers. Where as the unit is in the aft section, of the aft lower cargo bay, vice the overhead compartment in the aft section over the aft waitress station above the drop down panel.

Coffee

Thanks for that info. Good to see you here on this forum.

I found a photo of the alleged FDR.

Page 172
Defense Studies Series Pentagon 9/11

|

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Feb 11 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

I'm just a pilot, but what is the significance of the different system? Modified lately or something? blink.gif

+Quote Post
TheSurgeon
post Mar 29 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (amazed! @ Feb 12 2012, 12:06 AM) *
I'm just a pilot, but what is the significance of the different system? Modified lately or something? blink.gif

According to the government, the FDR was solid state (newer model) and the CVR was magnetic tape (older model).

Since the FDR was a model introduced after the construction date of flight 77 (tail number N644AA), apparently the CVR was the original. This means that one of the following scenarios is the truth:

1) FDR was replaced to have the newer, solid state model -- but, the CVR was not replaced at the same time
2) FDR shown to the public is bogus

In the case of scenario #1, I find it difficult to understand why the FDR would be replaced/upgraded, but not the CVR.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 29 2012, 08:24 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (TheSurgeon @ Mar 29 2012, 03:04 AM) *

Overwhelming Evidence Pentagon Aircraft Data Is Not From An American Airlines 757
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21149

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Mar 29 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (TheSurgeon @ Mar 29 2012, 03:04 AM) *
According to the government, the FDR was solid state (newer model) and the CVR was magnetic tape (older model).

Since the FDR was a model introduced after the construction date of flight 77 (tail number N644AA), apparently the CVR was the original. This means that one of the following scenarios is the truth:

1) FDR was replaced to have the newer, solid state model -- but, the CVR was not replaced at the same time
2) FDR shown to the public is bogus

In the case of scenario #1, I find it difficult to understand why the FDR would be replaced/upgraded, but not the CVR.

Thanks for that--I get it now. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
phaeton666
post Jun 21 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,101

This might have to do with this: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagaz...nly/s01txt.html
I quote:
Another FAA rule change that took effect October 11, 1991, led to the installation of digital FDAUs (DFDAUs) and DFDRs with solid-state memory on all Boeing airplanes before delivery. This FDR system was required to record a minimum of 34 parameter groups. The DFDAU processes approximately 100 different sensor signals per second for transmission to the DFDR, which uses electronics to accommodate data for a 25-hr period.

According to
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NN...Numbertxt=644AA
The AA77 airframe was registered 05/08/1991 (May 8, 1991).

It is not conclusive, if AA77 fell under the rule change quoted above.

It is also not conclusive to me, whether the FA2100 was available in May 1991, but maybe somebody else knows more about that.

I do not comment on the content of the FDR of AA77, except that it is not what I expected in many ways, detailed in this forum.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Aug 12 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #9

Assuming that the FDR was updated but the CVR was not, Cimino's analysis shows it was unassigned to any aircraft, including 644AA

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 10:02 PM