IPB

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Cia Wants To Spy On You Through Your Tv, dailymail.co.uk

Rating 5 V

rob balsamo
post Mar 17 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

When people download a film from Netflix to a flatscreen, or turn on web radio, they could be alerting unwanted watchers to exactly what they are doing and where they are.

Spies will no longer have to plant bugs in your home - the rise of 'connected' gadgets controlled by apps will mean that people 'bug' their own homes, says CIA director David Petraeus.

The CIA claims it will be able to 'read' these devices via the internet - and perhaps even via radio waves from outside the home.

Everything from remote controls to clock radios can now be controlled via apps - and chip company ARM recently unveiled low-powered, cheaper chips which will be used in everything from fridges and ovens to doorbells.

The resultant chorus of 'connected' gadgets will be able to be read like a book - and even remote-controlled, according to CIA CIA Director David Petraeus, according to a recent report by Wired's 'Danger Room' blog.

Petraeus says that web-connected gadgets will 'transform' the art of spying - allowing spies to monitor people automatically without planting bugs, breaking and entering or even donning a tuxedo to infiltrate a dinner party.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...l#ixzz1pN9YIx7C

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Mar 17 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 4,712

Good find Rob, as usual you're on point and in line with what our nations Founding Fathers envisioned.

This will be a total disaster for America! There's so much room for misinterpretation of remarks it's incredible. That will cause serious mistakes to be made. Mistakes, greater and more serious than the threats the intelligence is supposed to prevent, by throwing a wet blanket over the art of freely communicating ideas.

Consider: You are able to resume a conversation, even after a year, with a person you know, without so much as missing a beat. How are total strangers supposed to be able to figure that out? How can they understand that you've been discussing a hypothetical, with someone you know and who knows you and who has this interest at heart?

Has anyone noted that everyone, pretty much refrains from joke telling anymore? We used to, as Americans, show a real irreverence for just about any subject you can name. No matter how touchy the subject might be there would emerge jokes, both tasteful and funny all the way to tasteless and/or extreme. Even tasteless jokes have a utility when one wants to provoke gag reflexes, which can be funny. But today we don't even bother because a "wet blanket" has already been thrown over free speech. If only by pc., to say the least.

The spy work of a nation has it's utility of course, but too much information, like too much
of anything, is no good. We will all be forced to choose our words very carefully, all the time, as if we were on stage, because that is exactly where we will be! In front of an audience of strangers we can't see or know, 24/7. The trouble is we're just humans, we cannot live like that! So then the question becomes: How long can we avoid the communications we need to engage, before things begin to go seriously wrong?

Either Congress and the courts come to their senses and shut down all of this excessive
watching, or the nation will come to a halt and that will shut it down for us all.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Mar 17 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #3

Group: Extreme Forum Pilot
Member No.: 331

Orwell had it figured out. Big Brother IS watching.....

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Mar 18 2012, 02:48 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (amazed! @ Mar 17 2012, 09:34 AM) *
Orwell had it figured out. Big Brother IS watching.....

Yes, but like with most things in real life, people get wrapped up in "can do's" and what they might provide, and don't pay much attention at all to "must not do's", and what not doing things might prevent. In other words; they don't look for the equal opposite reaction that attends every "push" forward.

You have a very complex system there that is working just fine. Many advances have made more things, previously unrelated, connected and interdependent in some very oblique and round-about, non-obvious, ways. Now add the feature of science that we only gathered in the last century, when we started inspecting the gossamer world of sub micro physics. Where just the simple act of observing induces changes into the system being observed.

Widening and deepening surveillance tends to change the systems under study. With it being known that "we" are being watched, our behavior changes to avoid the complications that sending the wrong signals obtains (as much as possible). On one hand that leaves the watchers chasing people who do not guard themselves, and are probably the least likely source of anything of real interest, since they haven't much in the way of resources etc.

Meanwhile, people who must continually guard their behavior, for innocent reasons, obtain a feeling of being trapped and/or oppressed. Add that to high stress jobs and the fate delivered "circumstances beyond control" and you expect a rise in psychosis and other psychological distress manifestations. Communication becomes slow and tedious, as the devices of levity are jettisoned in favor of safety. "All work and no play" as it were, makes Jack a very dull boy indeed, and for us a very dull society. Remember, these watcher come with powerful and potent new tools for us to worry about, the NDAA, loss of rights, secret trials/warrants/courts, indefinite detention without charge or trial on and on.

Eventually it leads to the inspection of "subversive works of art", then we know we're over the cliff and past the point of no return. "What if" is always available to the sufficiently paranoid and our leadership is becoming increasingly paranoid. First they worried about threats from outside, now they're worrying about threats from within. We are starting down a very dangerous road and we're far enough along to be very concerned. If it isn't stopped soon, we'll have everyone pretty much afraid to do or say anything at all, just like in the old U.S.S.R.. All built on a gathering notion of suspicion driven paranoia without end. That, and a lack of understanding that to have freedom requires that we shoulder a large measure of risk in standing up to fears, whether baseless or not. We did just that for almost 200 years and it served us well, in spite of all that "could have happened", because we didn't go overboard in trying to reach for total safety.

Over the course of those 200 years, neither criminals nor foreign agents were able to do all that it could be imagined they could or would do, if given the chances we gave them. Until now we're letting fear push us towards illusions of "total security", that will eventually destroy us, if sanity doesn't prevail.

+Quote Post
GroundPounder
post Mar 18 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 315

QUOTE (Obwon @ Mar 15 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Has anyone noted that everyone, pretty much refrains from joke telling anymore?

sure have. and it's not limited to just jokes imho. it seems like general discourse has declined, but i could be wrong.

+Quote Post
amazed!
post Mar 18 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 331

I agree gents.

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Mar 19 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (amazed! @ Mar 18 2012, 10:38 AM) *
I agree gents.

Back in the day, it was common place for exasperated people to respond to stupid questions with insanely ridiculous replies, such as: "I have a 10 megaton bomb sewn into my ass, you wanna check that?" Of course, back in the day, the line would have erupted into peals of laughter, humiliating the "authorities' into backing off. Not so today, such an obviously impossible statement would be taken as an admission of some kind, and treated as though a real threat. The line would, instead of laughing, go wide eyed and gape jawed, as the speaker is lead away to heaven knows where, for only god knows what kinds of procedures.

The effect of reading about the insanity that prevails at airport check-in lines, tells all who have read about it to watch their mouths. Which, in turn means, watch your mind, so that no reflexive mind-gag reflex, causes one to regurgitate some creatively fashioned show of displeasure. So we've learned to stop thinking for reasons of personal safety.

In the order of things, some of our best and brightest minds are flying. Thus, it is our best and brightest minds that are being forced to shut down.

One may like to think that these mental shut downs can be carefully selective, but that's not how the human condition works, as we well know. You cannot stop oppression in one area of the mind from spreading to other areas and to social life as well. "Back in the day", you said what you thought when you thought of it, and you got a chance to explain what you said -- if the meaning wasn't totally obvious -- before any action was taken. Remember "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me?" Apparently now words are thought to do intolerably great harm, such that the issuer might even be too dangerous to be brought to trial, let alone be given a chance to explain.

I know that years ago, the people on those check-in lines would have stood up for "granny" spewing her displeasure at abject stupidity! Not so today, all on line are sufficiently cowed by authority. As for Homeland Security, hiring poorly trained clowns at low pay, leaves more in the budget for executive pay. But that aside, we're well on our way to developing into an oppressive totalitarian society that cannot and will not support, even today's standards of living, as insanity comes to rule the land.

+Quote Post
elreb
post Mar 19 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,617

QUOTE (Obwon @ Mar 19 2012, 06:14 AM) *
hiring poorly trained clowns at low pay, leaves more in the budget for executive pay.

Low pay? $53,192.00 to $82,417.00 / Per Year...to inspect cargo?

http://www.usajobs.gov/JobSearch/Search/Ge...earch=Search%21

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Mar 20 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (elreb @ Mar 19 2012, 06:43 PM) *
Low pay? $53,192.00 to $82,417.00 / Per Year...to inspect cargo?

http://www.usajobs.gov/JobSearch/Search/Ge...earch=Search%21

Hahaha... I have to admit I haven't been keeping up, and/or haven't been reading the right
articles. But long ago we were being told that the agents doing the passenger screening weren't being rewarded quite so well? Of course things do change, but I've had so much more on my plate lately that I just used the remembered provisions.

On the other hand, it probably takes some expertise to inspect cargo, while passengers practically inspect themselves, all you have to do is see what it takes to get them riled, and/or observe how they react to insane proposals/proposition/remarks. LOL. Remember how at the end of each Perry Mason series the criminal would jump up and confess? So, just badger the line with enough abject stupidity and the terrorist should get so angry he or she can't help but reveal themselves. Ala: "You stupid security agent, put those frilly underthings back in my suitcase or I'll blow up the terminal now!" LOL!!!

Oh well, at least I tried. whistle.gif

+Quote Post
elreb
post Mar 20 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,617

QUOTE (Obwon @ Mar 20 2012, 12:49 AM) *
"You stupid security agent, put those frilly under-things back in my suitcase or I'll blow up the terminal now!"

Lihue Airport on Kauai [as seen in the movie "6 days and 7 nights"] was the friendliest airport in the USA until the TSA showed up.

My brother, a veteran flyer of 45 years and contractor for the KPD was detained and selected for secondary screening because he had his ID in his pocket.

Apparently, US federal “Clowns” are paid up to $70,000 to make your life miserable.

It will not be long before pregnant women are X-rayed for concealing exploding babies.

Mum could you put your leg down!

+Quote Post
rob balsamo
post Mar 20 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

+Quote Post
Obwon
post Mar 22 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #12

Just beware of those coffee cups, they could have rfid's embedded. Imagine what could happen if what flavor or brand of coffee you drink fell into enemy hands, egad!!!

Hmmm... there you go, theorizing about terrorist/surveillance threats could be the next new fun craze, let's see what we can come up with, to restore some creativity to the nation, it's probably your patriotic duty to join in.

You must surrender your cameras since terrorist have been seen filming landmarks, those who do not give up their cameras, obviously have something to hide! LOL!

How about "she's so ugly, I shudder to think what could happen if her picture were to fall into enemy hands". handsdown.gif

This post has been edited by Obwon: Mar 22 2012, 08:08 AM

+Quote Post
Lasthorseman
post Mar 23 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 360

Bill is 85. He has just finished building an entire set of kitchen cabinets for yet another one of his grandchildren. My house and countless others in the family have the very same excellent craftmanship adorning their houses also. Bill does not have a Facebook page, nor a cell phone. Bill does not even know what Windows Seven is. He does have a fax machine he might use twice a month to clarify banking screw ups but outside of that.
Let us all be like Bill.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 10:25 AM