IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jon Gold....abby Martin

wilddaddy
post May 3 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 5,553

So I was a huge fan of Abby Martin and listened to an interview she had with a guy named Jon Gold a couple of days ago. I was taken aback when they started talking about details of 911, and both laughed off "conspiracy theories" of hijacked planes. and buildings being demolished.

Of course I have been following Abby Martin for some time really with complete admiration and awe. Jon Gold wrote a book some time ago about 911 and his becoming a "truther."

I believe their basic premise is that the planes were hijacked, the buildings were brought down by planes and fire, and the pentagon was hit by an airliner.....I may be mistaken but I think they believe those things....they believe that the government basically lied and covered up their knowledge of the happenings and Saudi, Pakistani involvement...

I am curious if anyone can shed light on these two for me and their 911 views...Thanks in Advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnS
post May 4 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,993

QUOTE (wilddaddy @ May 3 2015, 03:10 PM) *
I am curious if anyone can shed light on [Abby Martin and Jon Gold] for me and their 911 views...Thanks in Advance!

Jon is a guy who is really mostly focused on the victims' families and the sort of procedural anomalies (failures of air defense, etc), and he's just always been really down on what he sees as a disproportionate focus on controlled demolition. His view is that it's best to focus on the self-contradictions in the official story. A defensible view, in my opinion, but unfortunately he does end up criticizing those who focus on CD -- which I think is also a valid focus, to say the least. It was the collapsing buildings that drew my attention to the bogus-ness of the official story, and I think that's true for a lot of people. You look at Building 7 collapse, and you're like, well, that's an obvious controlled demolition, and then the more you study it, the more you realize that it's obviously true. Jon Gold doesn't see it that way. Whatever. He's still basically a good guy, I think, but I'd love it if he would stop criticizing other skeptics who don't share his particular area of focus.

As for Abby Martin, she seems to have gotten more mainstream in her views as her popularity has risen. Before she was famous, she was out there on the marches shouting about 9/11 Truth. Once she got on TV, as far as I've seen at least, she kind of shies away from the "inside job" stuff and focuses on things like the 28 redacted pages, intelligence "failures", and other essentially safe topics. I'm a little surprised to hear that she'd go so far as to mock the controlled demolition theory, but maybe she has a career to look after and maybe that helps her in certain ways. I don't necessarily respect that choice but I guess I understand it. If she can stay in the public view and not become a total object of absolute mainstream ridicule, maybe she can help push tiny nuggets of truth that people can digest. But it does seem she has made her own compromises. I know there have been times I've decided not to say things because I just knew my audience wasn't receptive.

+Quote Post
wilddaddy
post May 16 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,553

QUOTE (JohnS @ May 4 2015, 07:34 AM) *
Jon is a guy who is really mostly focused on the victims' families and the sort of procedural anomalies (failures of air defense, etc), and he's just always been really down on what he sees as a disproportionate focus on controlled demolition. His view is that it's best to focus on the self-contradictions in the official story. A defensible view, in my opinion, but unfortunately he does end up criticizing those who focus on CD -- which I think is also a valid focus, to say the least. It was the collapsing buildings that drew my attention to the bogus-ness of the official story, and I think that's true for a lot of people. You look at Building 7 collapse, and you're like, well, that's an obvious controlled demolition, and then the more you study it, the more you realize that it's obviously true. Jon Gold doesn't see it that way. Whatever. He's still basically a good guy, I think, but I'd love it if he would stop criticizing other skeptics who don't share his particular area of focus.

As for Abby Martin, she seems to have gotten more mainstream in her views as her popularity has risen. Before she was famous, she was out there on the marches shouting about 9/11 Truth. Once she got on TV, as far as I've seen at least, she kind of shies away from the "inside job" stuff and focuses on things like the 28 redacted pages, intelligence "failures", and other essentially safe topics. I'm a little surprised to hear that she'd go so far as to mock the controlled demolition theory, but maybe she has a career to look after and maybe that helps her in certain ways. I don't necessarily respect that choice but I guess I understand it. If she can stay in the public view and not become a total object of absolute mainstream ridicule, maybe she can help push tiny nuggets of truth that people can digest. But it does seem she has made her own compromises. I know there have been times I've decided not to say things because I just knew my audience wasn't receptive.

Thanks so much! Your reply is pretty much spot on IMHO.....much appreciated!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 01:47 PM