IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
British Airways Cancels Flights Amid Global Computer Outage

NP1Mike
post May 27 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,592

British Airways cancels flights

I wonder how airlines ever managed to book flights before computers were used?
In this day and age you mean to tell me if computers go down, the company shuts down?
They don't have any back-up plans for this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TampaDave
post May 28 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 6,889

QUOTE (NP1Mike @ May 27 2017, 08:03 PM) *
British Airways cancels flights

I wonder how airlines ever managed to book flights before computers were used?
In this day and age you mean to tell me if computers go down, the company shuts down?
They don't have any back-up plans for this?

With all that is done by computers, and communicated via the internet, it would take a lot of re-staffing, training, whole new "manual" systems for large data flows, courier systems, communication systems, etc. One shouldn't expect any large corp to be able to just instantly revert to horse-and-buggy. The infrastructure for that isn't in place and hasn't been for decades. Most pilots couldn't even navigate over global distances safely without the autopilots, and the online systems are used to generate the waypoints. What we can hope is that major corporations that are vital to our infrastructure can recover quickly enough to prevent major economic collapses.

+Quote Post
NP1Mike
post May 28 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Active Forum Pilot
Member No.: 7,592

QUOTE (TampaDave @ May 28 2017, 01:07 PM) *
With all that is done by computers, and communicated via the internet, it would take a lot of re-staffing, training, whole new "manual" systems for large data flows, courier systems, communication systems, etc. One shouldn't expect any large corp to be able to just instantly revert to horse-and-buggy. The infrastructure for that isn't in place and hasn't been for decades. Most pilots couldn't even navigate over global distances safely without the autopilots, and the online systems...

Thanks for the heads-up Dave!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 08:38 PM