IPBFacebook

POSTS MADE TO THIS FORUM ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF PILOTS FOR 911 TRUTH
FOR OFFICIAL PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH STATEMENTS AND ANALYSIS, PLEASE VISIT PILOTSFOR911TRUTH.ORG

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

WELCOME - PLEASE REGISTER OR LOG IN FOR FULL FORUM ACCESS ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Look On Feith's Face

Sanders
post Nov 27 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

Toward the end of John Pilger’s excellent documentary, Breaking the Silence, there is an interesting segment where he is interviewing Douglas Feith. a prominent neocon who was #3 at the Pentagon under Paul Wolfowitz during the first Bush administration. As an active participant in the formulation of US foreign policy, Feith was intimately involved in the pre-planning that went on leading up to the Iraqi invasion. He is a self-professed zionist and a hawk.

In the course of their conversation, Pilger makes some assertions in a matter of fact way, and Feith looks at him like, what? what are you talking about? One of these little asides for example, was about the number of Iraqi civilians that have been killed by coalition troops. Pilger put the figure in the thousands, a VERY conservative estimate. Iraqbodycount, an organization that uses documentable sources for each dead civilian it adds to its total, has the figure at upwards of 40 or 50 thousand (I haven't checked lately), and many estimate that the actual number is much higher, maybe exceeding 100 thousand. But Feith looked at Pilger in disbelief when confronted with this extremely low-ball fiqure of “thousands”.

And I don’t think it was just ‘denial, denial, denial’, the kind of scripted response that we've come to expect from politicians. Feith looked legitimately surprized, he looked like he sincerely thought Pilger was just making it up. The look on his face is quite telling.

Now, how on earth could Douglas Feith be unaware of all the civilian Iraqis that have died? He must realize that the US dropped loads of cluster bombs and air-fuel devices in their bombing raids in Iraq and Afghanistan? These weapons are indiscriminate, extinguishing all life in a mile or so-wide area. He must be privy to the news the mass media refuses to show us? The clips that get snuck on to the internet showing coalition troops mowing down cars full of civilians that don’t quite maneuver their vehicles exactly the way the American’s expect them to? At least he heard about the Iraqi wedding party that was bombed to smithereens??

Maybe not. I think not. By the look on Feith’s face, I have come to determine that all those people live in a bubble. They get their information from each other. They create their own reality in their own collective mind and attempt to force it on the world. They do not think of what they are doing as evil. The scariest one of the bunch, Richard Pearle or, the ‘Princess of Darkness’ as he is sometimes affectionately called, said this: “If we just let our vision of the world go forth, and we embrace it entirely and we don't try to piece together clever diplomacy, but just wage a total war... our children will sing great songs about us years from now."

It is a really bizarre situation. The neocons have been talking about taking the moral high ground and challenging tyranny around the world since the days of the cold war. It is anyone’s guess if this is their honest intention or just rhetoric. I suggest that it is both. I want to address the first part of that response first. Something most of you probably didn’t know, Paul Wolfowitz talked Ronald Reagan into abandoning Ferdinand Marcos. That’s right. Even after Marcos lost the election in the Philipines fair and square but refused to abdicate, even after his military assasinated Benigno Aquino in broad daylight at the airport, Reagan was still committed to backing Marcos, who was as corrupt and despotic as he was friendly with ‘corporate’ America. But Wolfowitz drew the line in the sand and said, no, this man is a tyrant, the US has no business dealing with these kinds of dictators, and at the end of the day Wolfowitz won the president over and the US withdrew it’s backing of Marcos, and he stepped down. This is documented in the book, ‘Rise of the Vulcans’ , btw. Wow, Wolfowitz almost seems like a nice guy. How do you reconcile that with fellow Neocon Richard Armitage’s supportive dealings with the absolutely heinous administrations in Kazakistan or Azerbaijan, or the words and deeds of any number of neocons?

There is an answer of course, and it is what it really scary about this group of people. They believe they are right. They think they know what’s good for America, (& Israel and the world), whether America or the world agrees or not, and are determined to lead us down that road, for our own good, because they know better. And, that that makes any amount of lying or dying to make it happen OK. Condoleeza Rice crisscrossing the Middle East talking about "growing pains" after Isreal goes on a rampage in south Lebanon and Gaza is of course just another example of the same thing, as is David Rockefeller talking about a New World Order and how he's proud to be selling it.

It is right out of Leo Strauss’ classroom, where Wolfowitz was a student of Political Science - the idea that there is an educated elite, and that only those chosen few are fit to lead the masses. The masses themselves are too uneducated to participate in any meaningful way in government, and must be told ‘noble’ lies from time to time to keep them content and in the dark.

I was just surprised that the neocons were telling “noble lies” to each other.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JerryB9105
post Nov 29 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Student Forum Pilot
Member No.: 139

***EXTRACT***
In Washington, Pilger conducts a series of remarkable interviews with William Kristol, editor of The Weekly Standard, and leading Administration officials such as Douglas Feith, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, and John Bolton, Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. These people, and the other architects of the Project for the New American Century, were dismissed as 'the crazies' by the first Bush Administration in the early 90s when they first presented their ideas for pre-emptive strikes and world domination.

My education continues. Thank you for providing link to this film. What I find absolutely amazing is that these nut cases can sit there and use their words to address (and dismiss) civilian casualties as if they are no more than a light rain happening outside -- they should have to LOOK at photographs and video clips of the innocent children (babies) and other innocent victims as they sit there and mouth those words of 'expected' happenings in a war. Damn arrogant smiling uncaring Nazi SOB's, each one of them.

+Quote Post
Sanders
post Nov 29 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 49

I tried so hard to get a certain point across, but I think you did a better job in you response, Jerry. They are sitting behind a desk, talking on the phone with each other about how to redraw the borders of the Middle East, talking about fine points of philosophy and geography and politics and what they decide becomes poicy - and then a hundred thousand innocent people die and they are so insulated they don't even know about it. And they think they are working for the good of the world.

Hey, I just thought of a good use for all those empty FEMA prisons... ! biggrin.gif

Damn arrogant smiling uncaring Nazi SOB's, each one of them.

I think there are some Nazi's still left that might take offense.
Who'da thunk.
"Never forget??"

+Quote Post
Cary
post Nov 29 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Ragin Cajun

Group: Respected Member
Member No.: 5

Don't forget that the neocons are "making up their own reality" as they go, as reported by one of the White House aides. Yeah, the delusional kind of "reality." Must be some good drugs they're taking.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 02:24 AM